http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 10:12:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 73007 times)
Huw the Poo
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 28, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 28, 2011, 02:49:30 PM

The quest order is also a little screwed up once you get to around 40. Once you finish Scarwood Reach, you can either go to Droughtlands or Moonshade.

I was wondering about that myself.  I'm nearing the end of Scarwood Reach and the quest lines I've been following have naturally led me to both Moonshade and Droughtlands.  I have absolutely no idea how or whether I even should choose one or the other.  Very odd design.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 28, 2011, 02:56:34 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 28, 2011, 02:49:30 PM

The quest order is also a little screwed up once you get to around 40. Once you finish Scarwood Reach, you can either go to Droughtlands or Moonshade.

I was wondering about that myself.  I'm nearing the end of Scarwood Reach and the quest lines I've been following have naturally led me to both Moonshade and Droughtlands.  I have absolutely no idea how or whether I even should choose one or the other.  Very odd design.
At 34-35 I was led to both areas, though after I explored Droughtlands a bit, I saw I was really not high enough level for its L40ish content yet. Moonshade has lots of quests in the mid-30s, if that helps.

My Rift-ing concern is that at least on my server (Akylios), the number of Guardian players in the 30ish zones seems to really dissipate most of the time over the weekend. Had a couple great flurries but also found myself taking rifts on solo a lot yesterday, finally to the point of just plain old begging for some help. Blackjagr is a mighty tank and all, just can get a bit tedious with a little help.  icon_smile I am in a big guild now but most are off doing their own thing much of the time or rolling various alts.

Anyway, still a blast, still keeping me from getting enough sleep, and getting into work a little bit later than I'd like. Always a good sign for a game, right?  icon_smile
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:23:42 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »

Well, the benefit to going to Moonshade on the Defiant side is that it is needed for the epic story quests. It's also a hell of a lot more interesting than the first 3/4 of Droughtlands, so you might consider it if you're not a quest completist (they really could use a system like in WoW where you can look on the board at any given time and it will point you to a level appropriate zone). More of the Defiant storyline also goes through Iron Pine and Stillmoor. There was no Defiant storyline in Droughtlands and I'm guessing there's none in Shimmersand either. The map on riftjunkies implies you can ride Droughtlands/Shimmersand from 36-50, but given that I haven't finished Shimmersand and the big hole in Iron Pine, I don't know that to be fact. I also started Droughtlands overlevel, so it's possible that if you start at the right level you wind up underleveled like I did in Iron Pine/Stillmoor.

By the way, once you get to these areas, I'm thinking they are assuming you are supplementing your quest XP with rift/invasion/dungeon XP.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:11:19 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 28, 2011, 03:11:25 PM »

Thanks chaps - Moonshade it is, then.

Steam profile
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 28, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »

fuck yeah, nerf the fuck out of mana drain.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 28, 2011, 07:26:07 PM »

Hey they have a new Guild Spotlight Program, with a related contest where you can win 25 free Rift trials (trial keys I assume) to pass out:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?142652-Tell-us-about-your-guild-and-you-can-win-a-free-trial-of-Rift-for-25-of-your-friends!&p=1894133&viewfull=1#post1894133
Check the link for full details, here's the basics:
We’re looking for your story! Whether you’ve been established for years or just started your guild today, we want to know what drives you and where you come from. Guilds are an integral part of the RIFT community and the experiences their members share together often create lasting bonds across games and life. Each guild is unique and your story will always be a lasting part of RIFT. That’s why we want to share it with the world.

To help you continue to grow your legacy and establish yourselves in RIFT, we are inviting all guild leaders to submit their tales. Following the instructions below will enter you into our new Guild Spotlight program. We will select a guild from time to time and publish their story.

Whether or not we publish your guilds story, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a 25 use trial key for an exclusive event! Should you win, you can provide this code to guild members, friends or family so they can come join in the fun of RIFT and get a taste of the action during a free trial preview.

We’ll announce more details about the free preview event in the near future as well as ways that other players can have a chance to get their friends involved in RIFT!

HOW TO ENTER

Please Note: Only submissions from Guild Leaders will be accepted. Multiple submissions for a single guild may result in disqualification. Please simply encourage your guild leader to submit the following if your guild would like to participate.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 28, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on March 28, 2011, 06:47:45 PM

fuck yeah, nerf the fuck out of mana drain.

A step in the right direction!  Being squirreled and being mana drained was like having a personal I Win button against casters.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »

I can't help but reccomend you use a role to try a more even split between the two.  At 37 I'm 32/17 Sin/RS and about to respec.  You can make up for a lot of loss of burst dmg by investing in your "after phase shift" abilities.  Once the burst from Instincts/Jagged/Puncture/Impale drops off you just port to their back and get the massive bonus to crit and keep it coming.  Not to mention that a perma/speed stealth Sin with 4 teleports is a monster in PvP.  I almost took out a 44 ranger dueling in Meridian square.  He only got me because he could see through my stealth and broke my initial burst... but he couldn't keep me snared or off his back.  Sin/RS is my hands down favorite spec for both PvE and PvP.  Cheers.

Quote from: Arclight on March 28, 2011, 02:22:20 PM

45 now with my Assasin.(16 in Riftstalker-0 in Bladedancer)
I like the gameplay, I like the Assasin concept. But I'm starting to see what all the lv-50's are complaining about with this soul.
Instead of a big burst damage, with good sustained damage...we are a weakened version of most Warrior without the plate armour and survivability.
Why would I be wanted for Dungeons or Raids?

I'm gonna hang in there with it, haven't done much PvP yet, but I will.

A big job ahead for the Dev's in the area of balance and synergy with the souls.

Still having bags o fun though.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 28, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »

Quote from: Chesspieceface on March 28, 2011, 10:25:25 PM

I can't help but reccomend you use a role to try a more even split between the two.  At 37 I'm 32/17 Sin/RS and about to respec.  You can make up for a lot of loss of burst dmg by investing in your "after phase shift" abilities.  Once the burst from Instincts/Jagged/Puncture/Impale drops off you just port to their back and get the massive bonus to crit and keep it coming.  Not to mention that a perma/speed stealth Sin with 4 teleports is a monster in PvP.  I almost took out a 44 ranger dueling in Meridian square.  He only got me because he could see through my stealth and broke my initial burst... but he couldn't keep me snared or off his back.  Sin/RS is my hands down favorite spec for both PvE and PvP.  Cheers.

I like the gameplay, I like the Assasin concept. But I'm starting to see what all the lv-50's are complaining about with this soul.
Instead of a big burst damage, with good sustained damage...we are a weakened version of most Warrior without the plate armour and survivability.

A big job ahead for the Dev's in the area of balance and synergy with the souls.

Yeah, but again, you're not even my level yet or more importantly 50..Which is the level I'm basing my opinions on.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 28, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on March 28, 2011, 10:28:51 PM

Yeah, but again, you're not even my level yet or more importantly 50..Which is the level I'm basing my opinions on.

Yeah you must be right, 8 levels and an invalid opinion.  What the fuck do I know.  Charming.  Have fun.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 28, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »

he does have a point though Chess.  At level 50 melee rogues change fairly drastically in effectiveness.  I felt very powerful in pvp up to 50, never had much problem with anyone.  Then at 50 I still felt pretty good for awhile.  Then as people got geared in level 50 gear from expert dungeons and prestige ranks it all went to shit.  Rogues don't scale well compared to the other classes at that point.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 28, 2011, 10:52:30 PM

he does have a point though Chess.  At level 50 melee rogues change fairly drastically in effectiveness.  I felt very powerful in pvp up to 50, never had much problem with anyone.  Then at 50 I still felt pretty good for awhile.  Then as people got geared in level 50 gear from expert dungeons and prestige ranks it all went to shit.  Rogues don't scale well compared to the other classes at that point.

There are clearly some issues with 50+ prestige gear and the fact that PvE raid gear trumps it by far.  A rogue will never be able to melee toe to toe with a War dps, or a cleric and I don't think they should.  My reason for endorsing the deeper RS investment is the versatility it gives the rogue:  Mobility, stealth and teleport are the advantages the rogue has why not maximize them?  Since with current design you just can't be the melee powerhouse people think Sin should be, why not look at the options?  These are the skills that bring the rogue back into balance if you actually invest in and use them.  Sin is not a primary melee-er, you are a ganker by definition.

(and I think we both know having a point doesn't not justify being a dismissive asshat in an open discussion.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:14:36 PM by Chesspieceface » Logged
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 28, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »

Quote from: Chesspieceface on March 28, 2011, 11:09:34 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 28, 2011, 10:52:30 PM

he does have a point though Chess.  At level 50 melee rogues change fairly drastically in effectiveness.  I felt very powerful in pvp up to 50, never had much problem with anyone.  Then at 50 I still felt pretty good for awhile.  Then as people got geared in level 50 gear from expert dungeons and prestige ranks it all went to shit.  Rogues don't scale well compared to the other classes at that point.

There are clearly some issues with 50+ prestige gear and the fact that PvE raid gear trumps it by far.  A rogue will never be able to melee toe to toe with a War dps, or a cleric and I don't think they should.  My reason for endorsing the deeper RS investment is the versatility it gives the rogue:  Mobility, stealth and teleport are the advantages the rogue has why not maximize them?  Since with current design you just can't be the melee powerhouse people think Sin should be, why not look at the options?  These are the skills that bring the rogue back into balance if you actually invest in and use them.  Sin is not a primary melee-er, you are a ganker by definition.

(and I think we both know having a point doesn't not justify being a dismissive asshat in an open discussion.)
Wow, putting brackets around a troll post still makes it a troll post...funny that. And that's Mr. Asshat to you cheeseface

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »

Quote from: Chesspieceface on March 28, 2011, 10:39:03 PM

Quote from: Arclight on March 28, 2011, 10:28:51 PM

Yeah you must be right, 8 levels and an invalid opinion.  What the fuck do I know.  Charming.  Have fun.

Oh grow up. Grow some balls ya friggin prima donna,,,sheesh

Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 28, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »

Quote from: Arclight
Wow, putting brackets around a troll post still makes it a troll post...funny that. And that's Mr. Asshat to you cheeseface...

Oh grow up. Grow some balls ya friggin prima donna,,,sheesh"

Wow all that and a PM reading:

"What's your problem Sally? You come across as a sanctimonious know it all. And just like most folk of your ilk, you always think you're right."

You really think I want to have a chat with you about this?  I was just being contributory.  It's fine I can keep my amazing wisdom to myself.  Unbelievable.
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 29, 2011, 12:22:31 AM »

I find it interesting that there is still a ton of grief over rogue MDPS vs other MDPS given the patch notes and the comments from Trion specifically stating they are essentially lowering all others in an effort to balance he souls.

Why are you guys even discussing how things are now instead of debating the changes?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 29, 2011, 12:40:58 AM »

probably because things don't just suddenly stop being the way they are because changes are coming.  Short of stopping playing at all that is.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 29, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 29, 2011, 12:40:58 AM

probably because things don't just suddenly stop being the way they are because changes are coming.  Short of stopping playing at all that is.

Also because even after 1.1 pushes live, rogue maximum MDPS is highly situational.  In PvP you almost never get the optimal attack off so even with the balances coming in Sin alone still cannot guarantee damage output without an ability to always be in position.  Thus my recommendation for heavier RS investment.  No Fang carrier ever escapes from me... EVER.  I break cc, I teleport after they do... I stun... I port in from stealth so they never even knew I was in the game... and I bleed them dry even if I've been killed in the process. Sin/RS has HUGE advantages, it just won't be toe to toe melee....
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:05 AM »

That's fine, combine it with discussion of how these changes look to affect things and we're getting someplace!

All I'm trying to do is provide some prodding to move away from the closed statements of 'X class is broken' to how we can mitigate it in the short run (aka. adding in the RS teleports) and fix discussions for the long run.
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 29, 2011, 06:24:12 AM »

I respec'ed one of my roles to 22 assassin / 22 rifstalker / 0 blade dancer.  Holy cow is that effective!  Having the 4 teleports (two of which do not break stealth) perma stealth and the perma 30% stealth & speed boost with all the damage adds (from both classes) and damage mitigation from rifstalker is nasty.  You get to main tank and main dps all in one (at least at level 32).   thumbsup
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:09 AM »

My sub will expire on this soon - I think I won't renew it for another month, then come back and see all the great new updates. Haven't had any real urge to play it lately so there's that.

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

I can't stop playing.  I haven't been hit this hard by a MMORPG in a long time.  In fact Rift is looking to be the first MMORPG besides Guild Wars that I will play to the level cap on a character!

And besides all that, it's thrilling to think that this is just the beginning for Rift.  Who knows how much better the game will get as the devs put their long-term plans into place?  Plus I've only played one calling on one faction so I've barely scratched the surface in that regard too.  Fantastic!

Steam profile
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 29, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »

Yeah i'm finding rift fun too. I'll be sticking around for another month, hopefully more.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 29, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »

I have no doubts that there is some advantage in certain areas to evenly mixing Assasin with Riftstalker. But from talking to 50's who PvP alot..they say going for the 51 pt talent in Assasin is just too good to pass up on.
I haven't tested that theory yet as Im only 46. But that's where Im heading.

But........who knows whats coming down the pike with balancing and fixes in the works?

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »

Gamasutra had (it's from just before launch) a lengthy interview w/ Trion executive producer Scott Hartsman:

Rift: Building A New Realm
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6320/rift_building_a_new_realm.php
It's pretty long. A few things that stood out...
The team that was built up already, which we've continued building over the last year, has experience with more single-player games and MMOs combined than any team I've ever heard of. Just before we unveiled the game, I took all the teams' names and added up all the MMOs and online games and online platforms that they worked on, and you know, we've got everybody from original EverQuest to Xbox Live to World of Warcraft to Warhammer and so on and so on.

That's like 25 MMOs, online games, and platforms. And when you have that group of people bringing in their combined experience, we've been able to short-circuit a lot of mistakes that other new companies kind of run headlong into.
There are gigantic, massive attacks that are only possible because of our server architecture. Five, six, seven hundred people all in the same area fighting these gigantic invasions that are templated by designers and triggered and run by the gameplay system itself.

So, you can be sitting there, level 8 in our game, in your first raid, fighting off this area, defending your part in the world, and if you fail, it will be taken over. Stuff does change. So, it's not the same. It's not "log in and get the same gameplay experience. Oh, I'll just move on to the next exclamation mark farm."

We have them there, but that's the baseline to us. That's not the interesting signature. When a big colossus comes tromping through Silverwood and starts killing all the quest NPCs, takes over an entire quest camp, sets up a foothold of his own -- and starts summoning other invaders and they have now taken over this area, what are you going to do? You know, that doesn't happen in other games.

Like I said, we're spending most of our efforts, in terms of our signature features, in what can we do that's interesting that way? What can we do to mix it up in a way that you're not going to really see in any other MMO?
[here's a quote to make EA-Bioware shudder... paranoid]
How do you tell story in a game? What is your thought and approach on telling a story, and how story should be approached in an MMO? How much story should be thrown at people in an MMO?

SH: There is a lot of ways to try to tell story in MMOs. I worked on one MMO that was 100 percent fully voiced. That's not the way to do it because people will skip over all your voice. Click, click, click.

That you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on.

SH: I wish it was only hundreds of thousands of dollars, but yeah, that you spend millions on. They'll just click all through it because they don't care. And so our take on it is we want you to play through the story.
[on Souls and balancing vs. fun]
The guideline that we give our systems designers: "Make fun. We can balance fun. Don't give me something that's perfectly balanced, and then tell me we need to make it fun because you'll never succeed. You can add balance to fun. You can't add fun to balance."

So, yeah. It's a lot of why our Soul System turned out the way it is. You know, we've got this unique class system that gives people abilities to do all kinds of crazy, insane combinations. Mathematically speaking, the number of combos you can make is in the thousands. No, we are not hand-balancing every one of those thousand combinations. That would be asinine. We're more concerned about anything a given character can do much less any individual soul.

We knew we had a winner with the system when people started spending more time playing and experimenting with just the souls and classes sometimes than they did actually in the world adventuring. So, yeah, we knew the system was fun. We knew we could make it balanced enough. It's not going to be perfectly balanced. It doesn't need to be. It does need to be perfectly fun, though. I'm with you.
Lot of it's old info if you've been playing, though it's probably a good primer for folks not yet playin'.

I've started to enjoy wading solo into Rifts or invasions when I get tired waiting for another player to show up. Sometimes it's hopeless, but often someone else wanders by and I wonder if they're thinking, "What is that Don Quixote-like nut trying to do? This is ridiculous... oh hell, I guess I better help him!"   icon_lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:37:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 29, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »

I'm on a low pop server and have been soloing rifts more than I haven't. I have no problem doing this as long as elites aren't thrown into the mix.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 29, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »

The Planite reward is extremely low though, for soloing rifts I find.

A new one
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:13 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on March 29, 2011, 02:40:03 PM

I'm on a low pop server and have been soloing rifts more than I haven't. I have no problem doing this as long as elites aren't thrown into the mix.

Yeah, I mistakenly got pulled into a rift in Shimmersand while chatting, but I kept going because the 1st round was regular mobs. 2nd round starts and it's 6 lvl 42 elites  icon_eek

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 29, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on March 29, 2011, 02:40:03 PM

I just enjoy playing in groups (as a tank, sure I can solo all sorts of stuff but it can get downright tedious in terms of how long it takes me to clear a bunch of munsters). While I've been skeptical about public questing in other games, I enjoy it more here.

I guess I'm spoiled how busy Akylios server felt in the earlier zones cause in the mid 30s, it's proven much harder to find some public Rift groups to join in on. I assume that's because of the zones diverging around that point (as discussed here other day).

Rifts and invasions still remind me affectionately of Tabula Rasa's base defenses. In retrospect, I think they had a good idea there, but unlike Trion on Rift, didn't sort of take it to the next level of roving invasions, footholds etc., (with TR it was just a few select bases) something which might've made TR's world a bit more lively and unpredictable (though ultimately I tend to agree with pundits that TR was doomed by the amount of money spent on it before it ever launched).

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 29, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »

Press Release in case anyone missed it:

Press Release - RIFT™ ERUPTS IN WORLDWIDE DYNAMIC CONFLICT MARCH 30TH

30-Day Update Heralds Massive Invasions, Unique Loot, and New Epic Raid Zone

Trion Worlds today announced the first worldwide, fully dynamic conflict event for the immensely successful MMORPG, RIFT™. The battle for Telara intensifies as world-changing invasions from the Plane of Death engulf the planet, giving Ascended heroes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a key moment in the game’s history. Beginning March 30th, players will witness the true power of Regulos the Destroyer, and the world of RIFT will never be the same.

This robust update comes less than a month after the game’s March 1st launch, making it one of the most aggressive post-launch content releases ever for a new MMORPG.

Unprecedented Invasions & Exclusive Rewards

Starting next Wednesday, Alsbeth the Discordant will lead massive invasions across every zone in Telara, raising legions of liches, ettins, and gravemakers to battle Ascended. Over the course of about a week, participating players of any level fighting these invaders can earn hundreds of new items including exclusive rewards, such as a Spectral Horse and a transmogrifying disguise that turns Ascended into the rotting undead. But be warned: once the rifts are sealed, these items are gone forever.

Raid Zone: River of Souls

If Ascended are successful in their efforts to drive back the invasions, they can journey to the “River of Souls” 20-man raid zone at the edge of the Plane of Death where Alsbeth the Discordant is reanimating the recently departed and recruiting them into Regulos’ army. Guardian and Defiant heroes will have to wade through these decaying hordes to reach Alsbeth and make her account for her abhorrent crimes.

The Founder’s Pricing plan for RIFT has been extended until March 31st. Details for all plans are available at www.riftgame.com/subscriptions.

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Assistant Community Manager
    www.riftgame.com

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 29, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »

Good planning. Free month is up April 1st. slywink

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on March 29, 2011, 07:31:30 PM

when I was going to cancel the other day it said April 5th.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 29, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »

Looks like today(or maybe tomorrow) we're getting auths. for android and I guess iphone if you have one those dated things.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 29, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on March 29, 2011, 07:31:30 PM

hah thats my thought exactly.

Major update and fun, *just* as most people's subs expire. Not a bad incitement though.

A new one
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 29, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »

Wonder what is required to get a spectral horse? I assume they're not just going to hand them out like candy.

Actually, I'd be happier if they dropped a steel recipe  *Fist Shaking*

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »

I must have a spectral horse.  Presumably they'll be level 50 mounts though.

Steam profile
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 29, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 29, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

I must have a spectral horse.  Presumably they'll be level 50 mounts though.

From Elrar:

Hey guys,

Some more clarity from the team - so the Epic Horse and where it drops:

You can only obtain this from the final stage of the World Event (which for most servers will likely be on April 9th.) after the final stage it will then become part of the loot tables in the River of Souls dungeon.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 29, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »

And more from Elrar:

Here's the breakdown folks (plus new info!)

- Anyone can participate in the River of Souls World Event and earn its rewards. This takes place starting with the release of 1.1 (tomorrow) and lasts until approximately the 9th (depending on your server). The final segment of the event will be available to anyone logged in at that time who has made it to Stillmoor on top of Caer Mathos for the opening of the portal to the River of Souls.

- The River of Souls RAID is a level 50, 20 man raid dungeon. Alsbeth is the primary antagonist and the one who will be causing the chaos in the coming days.

- Rewards for the WORLD EVENT will drop during the event. There will be a Rare mount usable by all levels, and an Epic mount usable by level 50's. In addition other rewards will be available at an events vendor who sells exclusive items for the event.

- Once the event is over and the event vendor disabled the rewards he offers will be gone forever.

NEW! - However, the sundering of the River of Souls has forever changed Telara. These events will be added to the current rotation of invasions/collosi that currently exist in the live game for each zone.

- While these events will still occur the special items obtainable from them will be much more rare. Additionally, the Epic mount will only be available to players inside the River of Souls raid after the event has ended.

I think that covers everything now

Last edited by Elrar; Today at 05:30 PM.

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Assistant Community Manager
    www.riftgame.com

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 29, 2011, 11:54:32 PM »

the spectral mount is available to all levels, they  said that earlier.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 30, 2011, 06:37:47 AM »

Cool, thanks guys.

Steam profile
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: