http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 12:34:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 80199 times)
Wargus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: March 25, 2011, 04:47:51 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 25, 2011, 02:47:28 AM

Quote from: Arkon on March 24, 2011, 02:41:19 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 24, 2011, 01:25:49 PM

Don't the changes just mean that Bards and Chloromancers are still fine for healing 5-mans, just not entire raids?
Yeah I don't understand the oh no, the sky is falling stuff on bard and chloro.  Chloro may actually be a bit better in 5-mans due to the across the board increase in mage dps, which indirectly increases chloro healing.  It just means that one chloro can't heal an entire raid.

The nerf to Livegiving Veil will be murder in Raids against Rifts, as that's a great way to heal others. It's usually 10 people who need healing, not 5. And keep in mind that you're constantly casting spells to keep others alive, as that's the only way TO keep others alive.

That said - Chloro/Warlock is an awesome combination, and some would say a bit too much of an awesome one. Either they need to buff the others, or just take the easy route and nerf the hell out of the combination.

Sadly, they're gonna take the easy route and nerf. It's gonna piss me off, to be frank. I was quite happy being a near main healer in events and such.

The chloro will still main heal just fine.  They weren't meant to main heal the entire raid group, just their subset.  I don't see this being a major issue.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 25, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »

I think this may be my favorite post yet on the forums because I think this person is serious:

Cat very disappointing

I like having a cat companion when playing and I was quite looking forward to getting the artifacts cleared to enable me to buy one. [ they were only 38 silver in Warcraft ]. Anyway when I finally was able to get one I was so disappointed. Do the creators even know what a cat looks like and how it behaves. For a start cats dont hop like bunnies. They have eyes and there legs dont disappear into the ground when standing still. I know it is only a small point but if the creators want a crafted product at least give us realistic companions. That's me done with artifact collecting. Not impressed.

PS I have no idea what the freebee pets are supposed to be. A pet companion should be something you actually like. My level 1 tabby went all the way to the Lich King and I need that kind of companion, not a clawed lobster thing or fire breathing mongrel. You know, a cat, the kinda thing you have at home. And just to point out also... What is with that skeleton for the mage. He looks, well kinda stupid. Almost as though he is disinterested and resting his head to one side. Shouldn't he have a prepared stance. Haven't seen a worthy pet yet.... I mean yunno like a Felguard.

There was also a thread by a girl who said she and her sister didn't want to play the human female warriors because they were too fat. That one was a bit disturbing.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 25, 2011, 05:59:18 PM »

That said - Chloro/Warlock is an awesome combination, and some would say a bit too much of an awesome one. Either they need to buff the others, or just take the easy route and nerf the hell out of the combination.
Sadly, they're gonna take the easy route and nerf. It's gonna piss me off, to be frank. I was quite happy being a near main healer in events and such.

Buffing all of the other classes to match one overpowered one rather than just nerfing the overpowered one is the road to madness. Inevitably one of those other classes will get overbuffed, so then what? Buff all of the other classes to match again? Then a different one is too strong. Buff the others again! Eventually the players will stride forth as gods. Then they'd need to buff all of the mobs. A nerf is always the best solution. If they overnerf then they can just adjust them back up a bit.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 25, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »

I'm not going to get into the patch notes...some are needed and some piss me off.  I think they went totally overboard on the reaver (yes, I can kill 5-8 at a time...but it takes me the same amount of time as my champion killing 5-8 doing 2-3 at a time) but I'll leave the tears and QQ to the main forums Tongue

Anyway, I thought I would post my cheat sheet for runes since the AH refuses to sort them in any type of usable order.

---Types---
Adamant - endurance on totem, shield         
Calamitious - focus and spell critical hit on 2H (blue+)         
Death Resistance - death resistance on chest, shoulders         
Deflection - endurance and block on shield         
Deft - dexterity on chest, shoulders         
Destructive - hit and physical crit on main hand, ranged (blue+)         
Devastating - hit and melee crit on 2H (blue+)         
Dexterity - dexterity on main hand, ranged (blue+)         
Dominating - intellect and spell power on chest         
Endurance - endurance on shield         
Insightful - intelligence on chest, shoulders         
Intelligence - intelligence on 2H (blue+)         
Potent - strength on legs, helmet         
Precise - hit on 2H (purple)         
Rage - attack power on 2H         
Ravaging - spell critical hit and focus on main hand, ranged (blue+)         
Recondite - spell power on 2H         
Resolute - endurance on feet, chest         
Sagacious - wisdom on helmet, legs         
Savvy - focus on 2H (purple)         
Steadfast - critical hit on gloves         
Thwarting - block on shield         
Tough - endurance and dodge on legs, shoulders (blue+)         
Unwavering - spell critical hit on gloves         
Vengeful - dexterity and physical crit on shoulders         

---Levels---
Incandescent - lvl 50, item lvl 50
Blazing - lvl 48-50, item lvl 48
Brilliant - lvl 43 (blue)
Radiant - lvl 38-43, item lvl 38
Luminous - lvl 28-33, item lvl 28
Bright - lvl 18, item lvl 18
Glowing - lvl 8, item lvl 8
Dim - lvl 1

The (blue) means I've only seen these types as blue runes.  The (blue+) means I've seen them as blue and purple runes.  You get the picture smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:21 PM »

thanks for the rune list, the AH is kind of ridiculous in that regard.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 25, 2011, 06:48:18 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 25, 2011, 03:17:33 PM

I think this may be my favorite post yet on the forums because I think this person is serious:

Cat very disappointing

I like having a cat companion when playing and I was quite looking forward to getting the artifacts cleared to enable me to buy one. [ they were only 38 silver in Warcraft ]. Anyway when I finally was able to get one I was so disappointed. Do the creators even know what a cat looks like and how it behaves. For a start cats dont hop like bunnies. They have eyes and there legs dont disappear into the ground when standing still. I know it is only a small point but if the creators want a crafted product at least give us realistic companions. That's me done with artifact collecting. Not impressed.

PS I have no idea what the freebee pets are supposed to be. A pet companion should be something you actually like. My level 1 tabby went all the way to the Lich King and I need that kind of companion, not a clawed lobster thing or fire breathing mongrel. You know, a cat, the kinda thing you have at home. And just to point out also... What is with that skeleton for the mage. He looks, well kinda stupid. Almost as though he is disinterested and resting his head to one side. Shouldn't he have a prepared stance. Haven't seen a worthy pet yet.... I mean yunno like a Felguard.

There was also a thread by a girl who said she and her sister didn't want to play the human female warriors because they were too fat. That one was a bit disturbing.

I think one of the artists here should get cracking on desiging a fat cat companion.   icon_razz
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:44 PM »

Quote from: Wargus on March 25, 2011, 04:47:51 AM

Quote from: Destructor on March 25, 2011, 02:47:28 AM

Quote from: Teggy on March 24, 2011, 01:25:49 PM

Don't the changes just mean that Bards and Chloromancers are still fine for healing 5-mans, just not entire raids?
Yeah I don't understand the oh no, the sky is falling stuff on bard and chloro.  Chloro may actually be a bit better in 5-mans due to the across the board increase in mage dps, which indirectly increases chloro healing.  It just means that one chloro can't heal an entire raid.

The nerf to Livegiving Veil will be murder in Raids against Rifts, as that's a great way to heal others. It's usually 10 people who need healing, not 5. And keep in mind that you're constantly casting spells to keep others alive, as that's the only way TO keep others alive.

The chloro will still main heal just fine.  They weren't meant to main heal the entire raid group, just their subset.  I don't see this being a major issue.

So only the players in the chloro's group will be healed? Does the public grouping system distribute roles evenly into the groups? I've never noticed.

Ale
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 25, 2011, 07:52:48 PM »

I could be utterly wrong on this but my notion is that lifegiving veil is a 20 meter AOE that affects Allies-meaning anyone in the raid as opposed to the chloro's specific subgroup. I don't know how it "picks" its targets if there are more than 5 allies within 20 meters. It might give preferential treatment to players in the chloro's group or it might just hit whomever is most in need of healing. Or it might be completely random.

I know that when I'm dpsing or tanking in a big public raid group I try and keep an eye out for chloros so that I know where to run to if my health starts looking squirrely. Likewise when playing a chloro I try and stay relatively near the core of the fight.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 25, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you recognize a Cholormancer by just looking at him/her?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:52 PM »

They ar the fruitier looking mages?  slywink.  (not hard to spot their spell effects)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 25, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 25, 2011, 08:06:12 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you recognize a Cholormancer by just looking at him/her?

Our pointy hats? ;-)

nah - I guess its from the "leaves" animation we get when we do our healing stuff perhaps?

A new one
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 25, 2011, 09:19:16 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 25, 2011, 08:09:20 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 25, 2011, 08:06:12 PM

Our pointy hats? ;-)

nah - I guess its from the "leaves" animation we get when we do our healing stuff perhaps?

yeah, I look for leaves or green laser beams. Green fireworks above mob heads are the easy sign to know to start looking for 'em.

ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 25, 2011, 10:27:36 PM »

Very sad, I just solved the Iron Pine Peaks puzzle and got a Purple Weapon appropriate for my level which is good for Warriors, Rogues, and Mages -- I'm a Cleric  crybaby

Sadly I never quite figured out how the puzzle worked, so I basically brute forced the thing.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 25, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »

the one where you chase the rabbit out of the maze? if you solved it, you figured it out.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 25, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 25, 2011, 10:46:31 PM

the one where you chase the rabbit out of the maze? if you solved it, you figured it out.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah, that's the one.  I figured there was probably a way to determine which way the rabbit went.  That's the part I never figured out.  Basically sometimes the rabbit went the way I wanted, and sometimes it didn't I thought it might depend on which way I approached the rabbit, but I never could figure out anything consistently.  So I mostly just chased the rabbit around and sooner or later it left the maze.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:18 AM »

Quote from: ydejin on March 25, 2011, 10:27:36 PM

Very sad, I just solved the Iron Pine Peaks puzzle and got a Purple Weapon appropriate for my level which is good for Warriors, Rogues, and Mages -- I'm a Cleric  crybaby

Sadly I never quite figured out how the puzzle worked, so I basically brute forced the thing.

What would be good for warriors, rogues, and mages?

Ale
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 26, 2011, 12:48:11 AM »

Quote from: Alefroth on March 26, 2011, 12:20:18 AM

Ale

I suppose "good" wasn't the right word, I meant "usable."  The main point is I can't even use it because it's an edged weapon, but I could if I was a warrior, rogue, or mage.  Here it is -- no idea if the stats are any good.  Although it's got as much DPS as my current two-handed mace (the best level-44 two hander I could find, purchased for 1 plat 50 gold at the auction house), and about 50% more spell power than any one-handed weapon I've seen (spell power for some cleric classes including mine converts directly into attack power).  I did notice that it doesn't mention whether or not its main-hand or two-handed, but I'm assuming it's one handed.

I suppose it's really only good for a mage, since I can't imagine a Warrior or Rogue would benefit from the Spell Power, and a mage might not find the +30 endurance useful at all.

Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 26, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »

I'd bug report it.  You should have received something you could use.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 26, 2011, 01:04:29 AM »

The nice thing is those stupid "of the Fortress" pieces will go away when 1.1 hits.  They are close to worthless anyway since you can get half the endurance but three other full stats of many other equivalent pieces.  I would bug it though...you are supposed to get an item for your class (not level) when solving the puzzle.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 26, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »

Does anyone here play a Cabalist?  I've jumped into it with a load of points (I'm level 34) and am totally confused as to how I should be playing it.  Does it hinge on Lurking Decay?  Am I supposed to be stacking the Lurking Decays then consuming them as often as possible, or what?  I get that the soul is an AoE nuker but that's pretty much all I get!

Jumping into a soul is really overwhelming compared to starting from level 1 and working your way up.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 26, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »

Quote from: ydejin on March 26, 2011, 12:48:11 AM

Quote from: Alefroth on March 26, 2011, 12:20:18 AM

Very sad, I just solved the Iron Pine Peaks puzzle and got a Purple Weapon appropriate for my level which is good for Warriors, Rogues, and Mages -- I'm a Cleric  crybaby

Ale

I suppose "good" wasn't the right word, I meant "usable."  The main point is I can't even use it because it's an edged weapon, but I could if I was a warrior, rogue, or mage.  Here it is -- no idea if the stats are any good.  Although it's got as much DPS as my current two-handed mace (the best level-44 two hander I could find, purchased for 1 plat 50 gold at the auction house), and about 50% more spell power than any one-handed weapon I've seen (spell power for some cleric classes including mine converts directly into attack power).  I did notice that it doesn't mention whether or not its main-hand or two-handed, but I'm assuming it's one handed.

I suppose it's really only good for a mage, since I can't imagine a Warrior or Rogue would benefit from the Spell Power, and a mage might not find the +30 endurance useful at all.

that is for a mage
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1341 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:33 AM »

As a Chloro/Warlock, I sure as heck wouldn't want that weapon. Give me a staff with +Int and +Spell Power any day of the week.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 26, 2011, 05:30:48 AM »

dom and archon can directly use the extra hp
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 26, 2011, 06:25:50 AM »

Quote from: ydejin on March 25, 2011, 10:58:20 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 25, 2011, 10:46:31 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah, that's the one.  I figured there was probably a way to determine which way the rabbit went.  That's the part I never figured out.  Basically sometimes the rabbit went the way I wanted, and sometimes it didn't I thought it might depend on which way I approached the rabbit, but I never could figure out anything consistently.  So I mostly just chased the rabbit around and sooner or later it left the maze.

actually, that's how exactly how you solve it.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 26, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 26, 2011, 01:27:18 AM

Does anyone here play a Cabalist?  I've jumped into it with a load of points (I'm level 34) and am totally confused as to how I should be playing it.  Does it hinge on Lurking Decay?  Am I supposed to be stacking the Lurking Decays then consuming them as often as possible, or what?  I get that the soul is an AoE nuker but that's pretty much all I get!

Jumping into a soul is really overwhelming compared to starting from level 1 and working your way up.

I agree totally. I added a role, and went with two new souls. At 40 that came with a boat load of new skills...And because I hadn't "grown" up with them I was fairly over-whelmed with the quick bar layout and my order of battle. Something to be said for leveling from ground zero with a new soul that switching mid-stream misses. But still the option is there, just need more patience. icon_eek

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 26, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »

In general I think most souls are fairly easy to jump into if you've played MMO's before. There are a few (Cabailst is one) that are a lot harder to get the hang of.

One of the things I do when I set up the hot bar is start with the earliest combat abilities you get, group them, then group the AOE/Buffing/healing abilities (again, this doesn't work as well with the Cab). By looking at what they give you first you can work into what the dev's think your core abilities should be. 

Also, the first time I try a new soul I go into it 100%, with the leftover points generally placed in a soul I already know, that way you aren't confusing the issue trying to learn 2 new souls.  After you figure the one out, start seeing what synergies exist on others, try another & so on.

That said I think it is still a lot easier to figure a soul out by starting with it from scratch, especially if it is a drastically different play style (ranged kiter vs. melee for example).
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 27, 2011, 01:47:48 AM »

ok, cabalist in pvp is amazing. you can just destroy groups or dmg them enough for your team to make a huge push. I just rocked up about 2400 in a scion, which we won(defiants are actually trying now!). So much fun.

wont heal until they fix the shit imo. get like 400 favor a match from healing.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 27, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »

Yeah, I've been fooling around with Cabalist (and pretty much doing as Wargus suggested) and although I haven't mastered the soul yet, I'm getting the hang of it and it's fantastic.  Several times I've been surrounded by four mobs and just unleashed carnage on them, killing them all at the same time.  As the soul's lore says, it takes time to get going, but once it does you can do stupidly high amounts of damage.

The only thing I miss from my Inquisitor main is the combination of Vex and Contempt which makes you really survivable.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 27, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »

I had my first player plead for his life last night. Ran into a cleric in Scarlet Gorge one level higher than me. I immediately snared him and started whacking away. He panicked and ran. I rooted him, got him down to around 20% health. He healed and knocked me back. I immediately Rift Walked right back to him.

He was amazingly keeping himself alive (barely) and the whole time he is saying "Stop stop please don't kill me. Stop!" he finally ran out of mana and I put him out of his misery. Yes, it felt really cruel, but the whole time I just kept thinking about the number of times high level Defiants ganked me when I was 10 or 20 levels below them. This was at least a fair fight.

Honestly I think the Defiant on our server are a bunch of pussies. Most of the time they run from fights, and on the rare occasion they decide to PvP they try topic on people far below them. I hear PvP changes dramatically once you hit 50 though, so maybe that's where all the cool Defiant are. smile

All I know is that PvP has turned me into one heartless bastard. If I see you I will kill you, or die trying.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 27, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on March 27, 2011, 11:33:57 AM

All I know is that PvP has turned me into one heartless bastard. If I see you I will kill you, or die trying.

Please remain in your house until you are calm again!

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: March 27, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »

I had my first player plead for his life last night. Ran into a cleric in Scarlet Gorge one level higher than me. I immediately snared him and started whacking away. He panicked and ran. I rooted him, got him down to around 20% health. He healed and knocked me back. I immediately Rift Walked right back to him.

He was amazingly keeping himself alive (barely) and the whole time he is saying "Stop stop please don't kill me. Stop!" he finally ran out of mana and I put him out of his misery. Yes, it felt really cruel, but the whole time I just kept thinking about the number of times high level Defiants ganked me when I was 10 or 20 levels below them. This was at least a fair fight.

Honestly I think the Defiant on our server are a bunch of pussies. Most of the time they run from fights, and on the rare occasion they decide to PvP they try topic on people far below them. I hear PvP changes dramatically once you hit 50 though, so maybe that's where all the cool Defiant are. smile

'
woot! that's how it should be!  The guardians on my server whine and run a lot. 

(now having said that, I would greatly prefer a game where random ganking had a realistic drawback though.)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 27, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »

there's the game where you loose every single item and can loot players...I forget the name - the Fantasy MMO no-one though would ever come out.

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 27, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 27, 2011, 08:32:21 PM

there's the game where you loose every single item and can loot players...I forget the name - the Fantasy MMO no-one though would ever come out.

that's not a drawback to ganking someone, that's further reason to gank more!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 27, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 27, 2011, 08:46:27 PM

Quote from: Razgon on March 27, 2011, 08:32:21 PM

that's not a drawback to ganking someone, that's further reason to gank more!

D'oh - sorry, I misread what you said.

A new one
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 27, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »

so I've noticed that pvp in warfronts has gotten way better. Defiants are actually playing. I played handful last night and only lost 1. All were close games too.

I think the prestige grind is a bit ridiculous though. It's right up there when blizzard had pvp ranks. It's as if getting the rep wasn't enough for rewards.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 28, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »

Notes about the progress of patch testing (and they explain about "smart healing"):

Balance Update 25th March 2011

I just wanted to jump in and answer a few questions and concerns we’ve been seeing come up over past couple of days.

Saboteurs
Firstly we’re going to roll-back the changes to Charge range; they’ll be back to the same levels as they are on Live at the moment. Regarding damage, put simply some Saboteurs specs are doing far too much damage in both PVP and PVE across multiple level ranges including 50. In part this was due to an armor penetration bug however a significant portion of it is also due to Charge Booster. We’re still not entirely happy with Charge Booster as is it exists on the Test shard and we’ll be updating it further to reward players who invest deeper into the Saboteur tree. We’re not trying to force people to have to spend 51 points in Saboteur we’re just trying to make it a more attractive option than what it currently is.

Why didn’t you nerf Warrior DPS?
The issue with Warrior DPS in most cases was due to a bug in Combat Precision. We’ve since fixed the bug which has reduced most “broken” builds, bringing them more in line with other DPS souls. In the case of the Paragon it dropped them too far requiring us to buff them up a little. There were of course other tweaks as well for both PVE and PVP spread across a number of Souls.

Reavers
The Reaver is a tank first and foremost specializing in AOE threat generation; they are not a DPS Soul. Right now the speed at which they can solo a large number of mobs is too fast especially when they come out of the encounter at full health. Our goal here is to reduce their speed and overall healing ability while not impacting their threat too heavily.

“Ranged Warriors”
Flamespear, Path of the Wind and Path of the Raptor are having their cooldown times reduced from the 6 seconds that they are on Test right now to 4 seconds. We’re satisfied for now that these changes still give Warriors ranged attack options across a few different specs.

We’ll also be doing an audit of dungeons to ensure there isn’t an overabundance of encounters that unduly punish melee characters so we can adjust them in upcoming patches. If you feel there are bosses that punish melee too much please let us know.

Bard, Chloromancer and Justicar group healing
Area of effect healing from these classes right now is too powerful in larger raids, especially their passive & secondary healing effects. As such we want to reduce the amount of healing they can perform in those environments without greatly reducing their effectiveness in smaller groups and while soloing. We’ve been paying close attention to and working with some of our top raiders on the Test server and so far are happy with how the changes are working out.
To clarify something else as well all of our AOE heals use Smart Healing i.e. they select the targets who need healing the most and heal those characters and pets first. This means you should never see a case where you heal someone at full health while there’s someone next to them who actually requires healing.

Mana Drains
Mana drains right now are a too good and are allowing players to rapidly drain people in PVP, we’ll be increasing the time it takes to completely drain a targets mana for both Void Knights and Dominators.

Ground of Strength
The stun portion of Ground of Strength is being moved over to be affected by the same diminishing returns used for stun abilities. Like everything else we’ll continue to monitor this ability.

Moving Forward
Overall it’s been a fairly busy month for us and while you haven’t seen us post very much I can assure you that every day we’re looking at in-game bug reports and feedback as well as the forums. Post 1.1 we’ll be continuing to look at feedback, parses, logs and addressing issues as they come up.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 28, 2011, 02:03:52 PM »

He must've been some kid and a first-time MMO player. I just can't see a seasoned MMO player begging for his life. And speacially on a warfront, where one doesn't suffer a death penalty when one gets killed. Yeah, MMO, and specially 'League Of Legends' PvP, have made a cruel bastard too. Just take your ganking like a man, respawn and.. better luck next time.  icon_smile
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »

45 now with my Assasin.(16 in Riftstalker-0 in Bladedancer)
I like the gameplay, I like the Assasin concept. But I'm starting to see what all the lv-50's are complaining about with this soul.
Instead of a big burst damage, with good sustained damage...we are a weakened version of most Warrior without the plate armour and survivability.
Why would I be wanted for Dungeons or Raids?

I'm gonna hang in there with it, haven't done much PvP yet, but I will.

A big job ahead for the Dev's in the area of balance and synergy with the souls.

Still having bags o fun though.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 28, 2011, 02:42:25 PM »

FYI, don't do puzzles or cairns until Weds per patch notes. All they give is FORT crap (end etc)
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »

Based on the way the 40+ zones are set up, it seems like the devs didn't really have world pvp in mind. When you get to the end of Moonshade, you don't just start having quest areas overlap, you have questgivers overlap, and there's almost complete overlap between Droughtlands, Shimmersand, Iron Pine and Stillmoor. So you go from areas where it makes sense to have little skirmishes where quest areas overlap to places where you constantly find yourself standing next to opposing faction trying to get a quest. At that point, if you take factions as enemies, no one would ever finish a quest.

You get places like Whitefall, which has a port with a guardian base on one side and a defiant base on the other. Last night a whole bunch of invasions came into Whitefall and everyone was behaving themselves. Then apparently some lvl 50 guardian got hit by some defiant aoe (mine perhaps  ninja) and decided he needed to start ganking during the invasion. This just devolved into a gankfest with people trashtalking over /yell. It didn't help that an invasion spawned on the port at this time and you couldn't even port out to get away if your recall was on recharge.

The quest order is also a little screwed up once you get to around 40. Once you finish Scarwood Reach, you can either go to Droughtlands or Moonshade. If you go to Moonshade, you are ready to go to Iron Pine when you are finished. You can then do a lot of Iron Pine, but there remain a bunch of quests in Iron Pine that are orange. You can go to Stillmoor, but then after the first two Stillmoor zones you run into orange quests again. I wound up going back to Droughtlands (I worked through the whole thing, including a few grays, but I could have jumped ahead. No achievement for finishing the storyline, lame slywink ) and then on to Shimmersand. Now I guess I will work Shimmersand and then periodically jump back to Iron Pine and Stillmoor as I level up. There are also higher level quests that pop up in previously visited ports, so make sure to check periodically. They'll usually give you a transparent ! over the questgiver's head to at least let you know a quest will be available when you level up some more.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:53:05 PM by Teggy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: