http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 11:27:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 78162 times)
jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 23, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »

hopefully it's warrior in pvp.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:53 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 23, 2011, 08:32:20 AM

...I missed these mythical patch notes...

Here is what Trion removed from the patch notes going up today:

SOULS

BARD
* Due to the below changes, characters with Soul Points spend in Bard have received a free Soul Point Respec.
* Invigorated Soul, Coda of Restoration: Now affects up to 5 targets.
* Motif of Tenacity: Now unlocked at 12 points.
* Anthem of Defiance: Now unlocked at 18 points.
* Motif of Regeneration: Now unlocked at 24 points. Now casts on the Bard and heals up to 10 raid or group members nearby with each tick.

CHLOROMANCER
* Lifegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets.
* Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
* Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.

JUSTICAR
* Reparation: Now affects up to 5 targets.

PALADIN
* Reverent Protection: Now only affects up to 5 targets, and range increased from 10 meters to 35 meters.

PURIFIER
* Surging Flames: Now converts 50% of overhealing.

REAVER
* Infestation: Cooldown increased to 1 minute; damage increased due to the higher cooldown.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 23, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

Splendid, thanks Elmo.  I guess the uproar relates to the bard and chloromancer changes then.  I haven't played either so I don't know how sweeping they are, but the bard ones certainly look pretty hefty.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 23, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »

There was a Trion post this morning speaking in general terms about upcoming balance changes (which can't be done quickly like a  hotfix and presumably will get some play on test server for a while):

Gersh_Trion: Upcoming Balance changes vs Hot fixes
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?135661-Gersh_Trion-Upcoming-Balance-changes-vs-Hot-fixes
Now that Ive cleared that specific point up I want to go into some high level points about the upcoming balance pass that will go live with 1.1

* We are aware of the concerns about DPS warriors reigning supreme, and weve tracked the issue down to a couple of talents that have been seriously misbehaving. In order to not swing the pendulum completely in the opposite direction we do need to tweak a variety of other DPS abilities as well.

* As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please don't expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good.

* Saboteurs will also be getting some tweaks, we want to keep the tic.tictic.. BOOM game play that makes the saboteur so interesting and exciting, but there were definitely combinations of talents and abilities that were taking things a bit too far.

While the above covers some of the high level concerns there are numerous other changes in the pipe that we are working on, and hopefully in the next couple of days Sweet and his crew will be able to stop by and fill you in with more info, and possibly full patch notes as wellThanks!-Gersh
I believe the response will be like when Blizzard was re-balancing classes in Diablo II about 10 years ago on a regular basis. "NOOOO! That's my FAVE skill! I QUIT!" And probably threads with "An open letter to..." and "Sign my petition to rollback the balance changes..." in the title.  smirk

Which is no knock on Trion cause every MMO and even many non-MMOs I've played the last 10 years get that response whenever they make any balance changes. It goes without saying that anything that works "too well" in a game is being immensely enjoyed by someone. It's like taking a kid's favorite candy away and saying "It's not good for you."  crybaby

===================================

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 23, 2011, 08:32:20 AM

What the hell is all the drama on the official forum about?  I missed these mythical patch notes.  From what I can gather from the madness, it seems a couple of classes may get nerfed in the future.  I may be overestimating the average MMO community here, but is that really what's got everyone up in arms?
My understanding is a patch intended for the test shard accidentally went live and then had to be pulled. And I guess everyone is convinced it was intentional and Trion is evil.  icon_twisted icon_razz Their rep responded a bit:
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?135563-Elrar-lol-Removing-the-quot-hotfix-quot-notes-amp-calling-them-a-sneak-peak
Folks, The changes never went live, and were never intended to go live with this Hot Fix. It was an accidental mix-up and one we strive not to make. We appreciate your feedback and this is why we have the Alpha test shard to preview and respond to our intended updates. Thanks to those who keep their responses constructive and objective!
Guys,It's not damage control/spin, whatever - its the truth. It was an honest mistake and why these kind of changes are put on a test shard for players to experience and give feedback on.I understand that it came as a surprise, and we are very aware of your reaction (you just need to look at the general discussion forum.)I just wanted to pop in so you know, we know we made a mistake and that we take your feedback seriously.Thanks guys,
I assume the conspiracy theory is, "sneaky Trion purposely put this on the live server to 'get a reaction,' and gauge player response to it, even if that sort of thing is technically what a test server is for." ninja2  paranoid Yes, I think it's ridiculous too.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:37:01 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 23, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »

blackjack, they never went live.  It says right in what you quoted that they never went live, but you said they accidentally went live.  (hint, read what you are pasting) slywink

People get so worked up with changes of any sort, but there are tons of changes coming that a lot of people are going to be furious with.  They are needed changes, but that won't mean people will accept them easily.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 23, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »

I really need to pick a soul, and stick with it.  I keep flipping between all four souls.  On Estreal I have a lvl 20 warrior that is BM/Champ/Rift (20/5/0) I believe.  I have a 17 rogue that is BD/Rift/Sin, I have a 15 cleric that is Shaman/Druid/Warden and a 20 Mage that is Chloro/Archon/Ele.  I would likely be level 40 by now if I just picked a character at launch and stuck with it.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »

yeah - I have the exact same problem... Damn fun to make new characters :-D

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:19 PM »

I have the opposite problem.  I like my Inquisitor/Warden/Purifier build so much (for questing - I do little else) that I have barely looked at any other souls, let alone callings.  I wonder if it's best to experiment now or wait until I hit level 50 which I anticipate happening within the next couple of weeks.

Steam profile
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 23, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »

I don't like having PvP on a PvE server.  I play on PvE servers to avoid griefing.  Yet there I was last night, about to hand in a few quests, and some idiot on the other faction was killing all the NPCs.  I couldn't do anything to help, not even heal the NPCs, because I needed to be flagged for PvP which I'm not willing to do.  Now, sure, they did kill the guy and the NPCs respawned pretty quickly but I'm annoyed it happened at all.  As far as I'm concerned anything even remotely PvP should be confined to warfronts on a PvE server.

What if the idiot had brought a bunch of friends and they decided it would be funny to perma-gank the NPCs for god knows how long?

Steam profile
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 23, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »

people who complain about changes in an MMO should not be playing MMOs
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: March 23, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »

Could someone tell me the info for the guild(s) we have going on for people around here?  I just picked this up and its downloading as we speak, but I don't know where everyone is at.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 23, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on March 23, 2011, 05:39:26 PM

Could someone tell me the info for the guild(s) we have going on for people around here?  I just picked this up and its downloading as we speak, but I don't know where everyone is at.

Biggest one is probably the Wanderers, they play Guardian on Molinar. Check over at the OO forums for info (or google Wanderers Guild).

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 23, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 23, 2011, 05:43:06 PM

Could someone tell me the info for the guild(s) we have going on for people around here?  I just picked this up and its downloading as we speak, but I don't know where everyone is at.

Biggest one is probably the Wanderers, they play Guardian on Molinar. Check over at the OO forums for info (or google Wanderers Guild).

Or click here.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 23, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »

Quote from: vizionblind on March 23, 2011, 05:04:54 PM

people who complain about changes in an MMO should not be playing MMOs
Then there wouldn't be MMOs anymore (everyone complains about everything in MMOs), that would be ironic.  icon_smile

This River of the Souls World Event going on the test server sounds wild. Perhaps this would finally enable us to earn the Sourcestones (or whatever, I never remember the names for stuff in Rift) that only get spat up by battling "massive" planar invasions (which I've apparently yet to encounter, even when the world was drowning in rifts a couple weekends back).

Default Elrar: Sneak Peek - River of Souls World Event Testing!
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?136403-Elrar-Sneak-Peek-River-of-Souls-World-Event-Testing!
The River of Souls reeks with the foul stench of Death. Alsbeth the Discordant, bride of Regulos, sows her evil will into the soulstream that binds Telara with the afterlife. Dark magic corrupts the spirits within, transforming them into lifeless husks eager to serve the Devourer.Alsbeth is determined to crush Telara under the tread of the Endless Court, and tear down the Ward to make way for a massive invasion. It now falls to you, Ascended, to beat back the darkness before the world is snuffed out!

Update 1.1 brings a host of changes and new features, and to prepare for its worldwide debut, we are calling on everyone willing to assist in testing the River of Souls World Event. This event introduces the next phase in RIFTs saga, and will rage across all Telara, culminating in an unforgettable battle with Alsbeths forces in Stillmoor... should you survive that long.

Join us tonight (while you still draw breath), Wednesday, March 23, 2011, for a special sneak peek of the event at 5:00PM PST. You will witness the grand finale of the world event and see whats in store when 1.1 is unleashed. Leveling merchants will be available in Merdian and Sanctum to help you take part in all the action. Be sure you don't miss out by grabbing the Alpha client early.
Download links in the thread there.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 23, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on March 23, 2011, 06:11:07 PM

Could someone tell me the info for the guild(s) we have going on for people around here?  I just picked this up and its downloading as we speak, but I don't know where everyone is at.

Or click here.

Oh, I thought the Wanderers required some sort of trial of wits before letting someone join, sort of the way Rabbis turn away people who want to convert slywink   

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 23, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 23, 2011, 06:28:50 PM

Default Elrar: Sneak Peek - River of Souls World Event Testing!

Sometimes I'm really glad I don't feel the need to be first to see something. I'd rather experience this in its unbuggy entirety smile

Regarding your issue with turning in quests, the thing that always seems to happen to me is that I head back to my quest NPCs and they are drowning in invasion mobs. This happened to me twice in one outpost in Moonshade last night. Go to turn in quest, no less than 7 full invasion groups are swarming the place. Had to call out on the open channel to get help destroying the foothold. Wait for NPCs to get back in place, go off on more quests, come back, same thing smile

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 23, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »

Or, if you're not interested in a PvP server, we have a wee guild on Estrael and we'd be happy to have you. /who solipsis for an invite

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 23, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »

By the way, I keep winding up playing with a guy named "Purge" and I do a double take every time.

Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 23, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »

The class changes are not a surprise. I agree with them, however suspect they will need to fine tune them a bit to avoid any over-nerf.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 23, 2011, 07:08:15 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 23, 2011, 06:36:07 PM

Oh, I thought the Wanderers required some sort of trial of wits before letting someone join, sort of the way Rabbis turn away people who want to convert slywink  

We play Guardian on Molinar, a PvP server.  It would be good if you created an account at The Wanderers forums and posted in the recruitment section that you are a regular here and want to join us.  Then just look for one of our officers in-game for an invite.  We encourage using our Vent server when you are playing but it's not mandatory.  Vent details are posted in the members area of the forums.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 23, 2011, 11:49:24 PM »

Quote from: Wargus on March 23, 2011, 06:54:11 PM

The class changes are not a surprise. I agree with them, however suspect they will need to fine tune them a bit to avoid any over-nerf.

I don't understand the changes to Chloro? Were they too good at healing?

Ale
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:23 PM »

I have no personal experience with Chloromancers, but from the official board it seems a lot of people think they're too good, yeah.  The argument I usually see is why should a mage be better at healing than a cleric?  This is often countered with the whole point of Rift is that you don't have to be a cleric to be a healer, or you don't have to be a warrior to be a tank, etc.

Whatever the case, I don't know how good they are at healing, but it gets mentioned a lot.

Steam profile
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 24, 2011, 12:10:22 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 23, 2011, 11:57:23 PM

I have no personal experience with Chloromancers, but from the official board it seems a lot of people think they're too good, yeah.  The argument I usually see is why should a mage be better at healing than a cleric?  This is often countered with the whole point of Rift is that you don't have to be a cleric to be a healer, or you don't have to be a warrior to be a tank, etc.

Whatever the case, I don't know how good they are at healing, but it gets mentioned a lot.

It got mentioned a lot because it was the only mage soul balanced and worth playing.  Some are so bad I'd be surprised to see 5% usage for anything past a zero point soul.  Expect the backlash to be huge on this if it goes through.
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:12 AM »

The problem is that they are too good at healing large groups, I think reducing to 10% is probably too much, but a reduction is probably in order to balance with the others.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 24, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »

I'm really tempted to create a non-Chloro mage to see what the fuss is all about.

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: March 24, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

I have a chloro and I'm not happy about it being nerfed - right now we are a viable solution to healing in dungeons - after this? who knows.

As for nonchloro mages - I have a necro as well, and while fun, its veeery slow to level. I always end up with full health and mana after a fight though, so there's that.

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 24, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »

They might have bitten off more than they can chew with Rift's class system.
So many variables and options to building a character that balancing it all, even to a reasonable state might take a while....or might not happen.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 24, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »

I hadn't visited Ten Ton Hammer in a bit. Some Rift security-related stuff... (

Sealing the Rift: A Look at Account Security Featuring Exclusive Interviews with Trion's [executive producer] Scott Hartsman
http://www.tentonhammer.com/rift/interviews/account-security
Ten Ton Hammer:  It seems like this sort of preparedness is a must these days

Scott: You have to be, the speed with which these attacks come is truly surprising. It shocked me and I have been doing this a long time. The day we opened for headstart, the incoming traffic from people trying dictionary attacks on peopleís accounts was unreal.

Ten Ton Hammer: Do they try DDoS attacks on you as well?

Scott: We have load balancers and firewalls to deter that, but one of the neat things we are doing for people trying to attack us with bad logins is that if you do it enough times we redirect you to the Chinese Internet Ministry to report yourself. We do that in the hardware so we donít have to write special software for that. Fortunately internet security hardware has really leveled up in the past few years to stop brute-force style attacks.
He also talks about them eventually perhaps having an iOS and/or Android app that ties your account into your cellphone # as another method of verification (as I understand it)...
Ton Ten Hammer: What are you working on right now?

Scott: What we are working on right now is economy locking your account, such as if you log on from a new IP address that we donít recognize from you and you havenít authenticated yourself by answering the secret question or some other form of verification, your character will not be able to give, sell or destroy anything until you look in your email and get an unlock code. We are also looking at a two-factor, like an iOS or Android app, which we are pushing forward on as much as we can.

Ten Ton Hammer: One of the major gold selling sites stated that Rift was the most requested game at launch in the history of their business; does this flatter you or frighten you?

Scott: Flattering, since you know there is always going to be gold sellers, which is why we launched with a chat filter. We are currently working on taking the next step with that chat filter and applying it to in-game mail.

Ten Ton Hammer: How many accounts have you banned since launch?

Scott: Off the top of my head, itís multiple thousands. I donít have the hard number in front of me but we get reports every hour of active hackers.

The real problem is that a lot of them are registering accounts with stolen credit cards and a lot of them unfortunately recycle credit cards of people who buy from them. Itís really dangerous to give your credit card to those kinds of places Ė itís got to be a hellacious experience to wake up one morning and find that the company you just bought gold from used your credit card to charge 250 copies of the game to.

Itís best just to stay away from that whole ecosystem.
I finally took the night off from Rift yesterday. I wasn't getting into the zone west of Demon Steps as much as the previous ones (it's very much sort of a largely open plateau, and just felt blander to me than areas like Gloamwood), so it seemed a good time to step back from the possibility of plain old burn out.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 24, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »

Here are the ALPHA 1.1 soul changes...keep in mind these are subject to change (and some probably will change).  Here are the expected beastmaster, riftblade, champion, reaver nerfs.  Also the Bard and Chloro nerfs (so much for not needing a cleric to heal which was the whole point in the beginning  Roll Eyes)  Very few Mage buffs except the Pyro.  AGAIN, these are ALPHA notes and not set in stone.

SOULS
* Warriors: The following abilities have been changed to fix an issue where the character could use them and die before they actually triggered, making it seem like they missed: Touch of Life, Master of the Abyss, No Permission to Die, Rift Shield, and Predictable Movements.
* Warriors: Taunts now continue cooldown timers while logged out.
* Mages: Reduced pushback on all non-healing Mage spells.
* Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.
* Clerics: All cleric Cleanses should now properly remove associated effects.
* PvP Souls: The cooldown for Break Free has been reduced to 2 minutes. Improved Break Free now reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds per point spent.

ARCHON
* Exhilaration: Now only triggers on damaging or healing Critical Hits. Mana procs will appear correctly in the combat log.
* Burning Purpose: The damage proc can now only occur a maximum of once every 1.5 seconds. Fixed an issue so that the damage proc is only affected by buffs active on the caster at the time it is triggered. Updated description on this ability to reflect current functionality.
* Ashen Defense: No longer counts as a mage armor buff and will stack with other mage armors.
* Procs from Surging Flare, Volcanic Bomb, and Earthen Barrage now affect allies within 35 meters of the caster.
* Consuming Flames: Now a 6-point root ability. No longer deals damage to the caster and can be cast on yourself as well as other friendly targets. Now absorbs a set amount of damage and has multiple ranks.
* Power In Numbers: Corrected the second rank so it will affect aura buffs.

BARD
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Bard have received a free soul point respec.
* Invigorated Soul, Coda of Restoration: Now affects up to 5 targets.
* Using Verse of Fascination or Verse of Captivation now turns off auto-attack, since these effects break on damage.
* Motif of Tenacity: Now unlocked at 12 points.
* Anthem of Defiance: Now unlocked at 18 points.
* Motif of Regeneration: Now unlocked at 24 points. Now casts on the Bard and heals up to 10 raid or group members nearby with each tick.
* Anthem of Fervor: Fixed tooltip so the cost reduction is shown correctly when points are spent in Street Performer. Also fixed the cost reduction not being applied correctly to raid members when points are spent in Street Performer.

BEASTMASTER
* Flesh Rip: Will now properly show up in the reactive ability UI when your pet critically hits. Fixed an issue where this was gaining weapon damage to each tick of the bleed effect. Base damage reduced.
* Backhanded Blow: Now correctly triggers global cooldown. Fixed a bug causing Rank 3 to do 20% more damage than intended. Base damage reduced. Corrected Power cost on ranks 2 through 8 to cost the proper 25 Power.
* Slashing Strike: Fixed a bug where this ability was doing the damage of a single target ability. The damage has been reduced to match other cleave-style abilities.
* Fight as One: The benefits gained from Fight as One have been reduced to 5-15% for Hit, Critical Hit, and Damage. This ability has been taken off of global cooldown.
* Diversion Strike: Increases Critical Hit chance of the Beastmaster and their pet by 5% instead of 10%. Damage lowered.
* Tenacious Wounds: Now increases bleed damage by 2-4% instead of 3-6%.
* Feral Sweep: Resolved a bug where this was dealing extra damage on each tick of the Bleed effect. Base damage lowered.
* Tearing Slash, Fierce Strike: Damage lowered.

BLADEDANCER
* Combat Culmination: Ability will not break stealth when it triggers.

CABALIST
* Nebulous Haze: Now increases cast time by the 20% advertised on the tooltip.
* Decay: Lurking Decay will now always trigger, even if Obliterate or Tyranny kills the enemy outright.

CHAMPION
* Debilitating Strike: Made the tooltip for the debuff from this ability more clear.
* Titanís Strike: Damage has been lowered and the stun has been reduced to 1-3 seconds, down from 1-5 seconds.
* Mark of Extermination and Mark of Inevitability: Will now cause the target to attack.

CHLOROMANCER
* Withering Vines: Increased the amount healed.
* Livegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets.
* Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
* Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.

DOMINATOR
* Priestís Lament: The primary debuff on this ability is no longer affected by diminishing returns. The silence proc debuff is still affected.
* Haunting Pain: Will only trigger on the first tick of damage from a damage shield.

DRUID
* Trickster Spirit, Slothful Spirit, Spiteful Spirit: Reduced the damage to better account for the attached debuffs.
* Fury of the Fae: Now a pet-cast buff that increases the group/raidís Attack Power and Spell Power for 30 seconds with a 10 second cooldown. Shares stacking with Bardís Motif of Bravery.
* Satyr: Increased the ratio of the ownerís Spell Power converted into the Satyrís Attack Power.

ELEMENTALIST
* Intensify Elements: No longer on the global cooldown.

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Infiltrator will receive a free soul point respec.
* Cloudy Poison: Ability should not break stealth when used. The debuff from this is now cleansable.
* Murderous Thoughts: Now requires Prestige Rank 3. Now increases all damage against players by 3-6%.
* Knock Knock: Now requires Prestige Rank 2. Increases critical damage against players by 2-10%.

INQUISITOR
* Fanaticism: No longer consumed by Shroud of Agony.
* Purge: No longer unintentionally removes debuffs that are caused by buffs (ex: the debuff from Battlefield Distraction).
* Shroud of Agony: No longer triggers on falling damage.

JUSTICAR
* Reparation: Now affects up to 5 targets.

NECROMANCER
* Empty the Crypts: Charge can now be gained while this is active. The pets summoned by Empty the Crypts can be active for a maximum of 20 seconds.
* Lich Form: Will no longer consume buffs that reduce the casting time of your next spell.

NIGHTBLADE
* Scourge of Darkness: Can no longer miss, be parried, dodged, or blocked.

Standard

PALADIN
* Touch of Life: Now continues cooldown timer on logout.
* Balance of Power: Now deals 25-75% of weapon damage.
* Aegis of Salvation: Ranks 1 and 2 have their cooldowns changed to 1.5 seconds to match with other buffs.
* Reverent Protection: Now only affects up to 5 targets, and range increased from 10 meters to 35 meters.

PARAGON
* Strike Like Iron: Ability is no longer on the global cooldown. Increased from a 10-30% damage buff up to a 16-48% damage buff, with the value doubled for follow-up attacks.
* Death Touch: Due to the Strike Like Iron changes, damage of Death Touch has been lowered.
* Force of Will: Due to the Strike Like Iron changes, damage bonus to follow-up attacks from Force of Will has been reduced from 20 per point to 10 per point.
* Path of the Wind, Path of the Raptor: Now have cooldowns of 6 seconds and a slight increase in damage due to the longer reuse time.
* Dual Strike: Fixed a bug causing this to do less damage than intended Ė as a result, damage from this ability has increased.
* Deadly Grace: Increased from 7% of Dual Strike damage per point to 9% Dual Strike damage per point.
* Weapon Master: Increased from a 4-20% chance to gain a second attack point up to a 10-50% chance.
* Rising Waterfall: Damage increased.
* Turn the Blade: Damage increased.
* Flurry: Damage lowered.

PURIFIER
* Shield of the Ancestors and related buffs now appear in the combat log.
* Caregiverís Blessing: No longer procs off of procced heals.
* Surging Flames: Now converts 50% of overhealing.
* Divine Cascade: Reduced Spell Power contribution. Now has a stack size of 1 per caster instead of 1 total, but only triggers when target is healed by the caster rather than anyone.
* Spirit Rupture: Fixed the contribution from Spell Power.

PYROMANCER
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Pyromancer have received a free soul point respec.
* Heat Wave: Reduced cooldown to 2 minutes.
* Inferno: Removed from global cooldown.
* Improved Grounding: Now a tier 2 branch ability.
* Improved Smoldering Power: Now a tier 3 branch ability.
* Ground of Power: Now obtained at 6 points.
* Smoldering Power: Now obtained at 8 points.
* Burning Shield Ė New Ability: Consumes the mageís Ground spell to shield them in flames, absorbing damage. Lasts up to 30 seconds. While Burning Shield is active, the next Ground spell is instant-cast. Obtained at 6 points.

RANGER
* Escape Artist: Fixed a bug where the improved version was not causing the pet to be immune to Root, Snare, and Stun.

REAVER
* Due to the below changes, characters with soul points spent in Reaver will receive a free soul point respec.
* Soul Sickness, Flesh Rot, Necrotic Wounds, Blood Fever: The damage on additional targets when using Plague Bringer has been lowered. The Threat generation has been increased to keep overall threat gain of the abilities the same.
* Crippling Infestation: Moves down one tier to unlock at 21 points.
* Wasting Away: Moves down one tier to unlock at 16 points.
* Grisly Works: Moves up two tiers, now unlocked at 26 points. Now increases the healing of Soul Feast by 30-90% for 15 seconds after killing a target the Reaver has engaged.
* Soul Devour: Now increases the damage of Soul Feast by 50%, instead of 150%.
* Power from the Masses: Changed to give a stack per nearby party/raid member rather than per nearby enemy.
* Infestation: Cooldown increased to 1 minute, and damage increased based on the new cooldown.

RIFTBLADE
* Earth Burst: Now properly interrupts elites and other high level mobs.
* Avatar of Wind: Fixed a bug causing the tooltip of this ability to report improper values.
* Rift Surge: Can now be removed with abilities that remove Curses. Now has a 30 second cooldown instead of 10 seconds and is no longer adjusted by Attack Power.
* Flamespear: Now has a cooldown of 6 seconds and has its damage slightly increased to reflect the longer cooldown.
* Burning Blood: Now deals damage based on 10-30% of the characterís Strength.

RIFTSTALKER
* Memory Capture: Ability should no longer get you stuck in collision or falling through the world.
* Rift Scavenger: Ability will not break stealth when it triggers.
* Removed internal cooldown from Defer Death and Scatter the Shadows. Both abilities should be more responsive now.
* Hasted Time: Fixed a bug with the second point spent in this ability gave an incorrect movement speed buff.

SABOTEUR
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Saboteur will receive a free soul point respec.
* Undetonated Spike Charge and Blast Charge will not cause stealth to break when the charges expire.
* Shrapnel Charge: Will now fire off its AoE effects on surrounding enemies when the main target is killed by Detonate damage.
* Reduced the range of all Bombs and Charges to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
* Reduced the range of Detonate to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
* Long Range Bombing: Now increases the range you can hurl Bombs by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
* Remote Clipping: Now increases the range of your Charges and Detonates by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
* The outcome and damage of each charge is now calculated individually. When you detonate 5 Blast Charges, you will see 5 damage numbers, each with its own chance to critically hit, rather than one large number.
* Improved Blast Charge: Fixed a bug where the armor penetration provided was higher than 25-50%.
* Charge Booster: Redesigned to an active ability rather than a passive. When activated, the damage of your Charges is increased by 50% when detonated. This ability does not trigger global cooldown and is on a 1.5 minute cooldown.

SENTINEL
* Vigilance: Now triggers more consistently.
* Serendipity: Now properly affects heals that are queued immediately after being triggered.

SHAMAN
* Strike of the Maelstrom: Rank 1 is no longer unintentionally affected by Stormborn.
* Glacial Shield: Ranks 2 and up now work properly with overwrites of similar abilities Ė Shield of Oak can overwrite Glacial Shield, and vice versa.
* Lust for Blood: Fixed tooltip to more accurately describe functionality.
* Ageless Ice: Description now properly mentions that it does not trigger a global cooldown.

STORMCALLER
* Static Discharge: No longer on global cooldown.
* Static Flux: Will no longer be overwritten by weaker buffs.
* Cloudburst: Increased damage.
* Icy Vortex Ė New Ability: Reduces damage done to the Mage by 25% for 10 seconds and applies Hypothermia to attacking enemies, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds. Obtained at 6 points.

VINDICATOR [PvP]
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Vindicator will receive a free soul point respec.
* Dangerous Game: Now requires Prestige Rank 3. Fixed a bug that only increased damage on critical hits. Now increases all damage (not just physical) against players by 3-6%.
* Resilient: No longer has a Prestige Rank requirement. Fixed a bug that only reduced critical chance received by 6%. Now reduces chance to be critically hit by players by 3-15%.

VOID KNIGHT
* Rift Shield: Corrected a bug causing Rift Shield to absorb too much damage. It will now absorb an amount more in line with other absorption shields in the game.

WARDEN
* Tidal Resonance: No longer consumed by actions that are not Heal Over Time spells.
* Track Water Creatures: Wardens can now use this ability to track creatures from Water Rifts.
* Well of Life: Now has a 35 meter range.

WARLOCK
* Neddraís Might: No longer requires a target to cast.
* Neddraís Torture: Reduced cooldown to 20 seconds.

WARLORD
* Call to Battle: Fixed buff tooltip to report a straight value rather than a percentage.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 24, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

Don't the changes just mean that Bards and Cholormancers are still fine for healing 5-mans, just not entire raids?

Oh and  thumbsup on the 6 second cooldown for Flamespear. Having that as an instant made that class kind of stupid.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:31:34 PM by Teggy » Logged

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 24, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »

Other stuff from the changes. You'll no longer be competing for top spot in rifts, and achievements and titles for doing epic story quests biggrin

== FEATURED ==
* The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.
* You can now report AFK teammates in a Warfront. Check out PVP/WARFONTS for more.
* The 'I'm Stuck' button or falling through the world in a Warfront no longer results in a Deserter debuff!
* Rift events no longer track player contribution against other players. See below under RIFTS AND INVASIONS for more details.
* Many quest fixes below under individual ZONES.

GENERAL GAMEPLAY
* All artifact nodes now have a consistent 1.5 second gathering time.
* You can now accept a quest on behalf of your guild even if your personal quest log is full.
* Angelic Flight and Mighty Leap will not interrupt movement when used (auto-run or holding down a movement key).
* Server Announcements now stay on-screen for twice as long.
* Exposed now reduces movement speed by 6% per stack, rather than increasing damage taken.
* New fancy appearances are in progress for the Epic Namjok, Yarnosaur, and Vaiyuu mounts.
* Fix for quickly opening a series of clickable loot (such as geodes for gems) with auto-loot that would occasionally result in lost items.

RIFTS AND INVASIONS
* Rift events no longer track player contribution against other players. You are checked for participation in the event and given rewards appropriately. It's still important to participate in as many stages of a Rift or event as possible to receive the best rewards.
* Tweaked cooldown times between zone events.

ASCENDED POWERS
* Planar Charges are no longer consumed immediately when starting to cast an ability. They are consumed when the effect actually takes place -- no more wasted charges on an interrupted cast.

CULT SAGA
* Epic quests now award Achievements and titles at key advancement points. These are granted retroactively so if you already completed portions (or all!) of the epic questline, you will receive these on login.

GUILD PERKS
* Killing Spree and Blood Thirsty use the proper perk tokens now.
* The following perks will now properly show the description/tooltip values associated with them: Lucky Penny, Call of the Ascended, Journeyman, Foe Hunter, Cache Finder, and Rift Extraction.
* Journeyman no longer always shows in the buff bar.

BTW, here's the full list, it's very long:
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?137034-Alpha-1.1-Update-Notes-Now-Available!

Interesting note, since your contribution in rifts is no longer compared to other players, the UI removes the meter and leaderboard button. It will be actually nice to use all abilities in a rift instead of spamming instants.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:59:05 PM by Teggy » Logged

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 24, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 24, 2011, 01:48:26 PM

Interesting note, since your contribution in rifts is no longer compared to other players, the UI removes the meter and leaderboard button. It will be actually nice to use all abilities in a rift instead of spamming instants.

Agreed.  I prefer healing/support, but thus far I've felt that I pretty much had to just DPS to get decent rewards.  I really hope this change makes it into the game.

Edit: How many times have you seen a tank player complain on the official forum that nobody heals him during a rift?  This is why.  Now healers like me will have no objection to supporting tanks.

Steam profile
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 24, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 24, 2011, 01:25:49 PM

Don't the changes just mean that Bards and Chloromancers are still fine for healing 5-mans, just not entire raids?

Yeah I don't understand the oh no, the sky is falling stuff on bard and chloro.  Chloro may actually be a bit better in 5-mans due to the across the board increase in mage dps, which indirectly increases chloro healing.  It just means that one chloro can't heal an entire raid.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 24, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 24, 2011, 02:41:19 PM

Don't the changes just mean that Bards and Chloromancers are still fine for healing 5-mans, just not entire raids?

Yeah I don't understand the oh no, the sky is falling stuff on bard and chloro.  Chloro may actually be a bit better in 5-mans due to the across the board increase in mage dps, which indirectly increases chloro healing.  It just means that one chloro can't heal an entire raid.

Not with my game right now, so can't check what it actually means - I just dont like being nerfed, but yeah - it does seem like a minor nerf, not the major one I feared. Chloromancers are fun, and I hope they stay so :-)

edit: hmm, this may actually mean I heal myself MORE in pve when I am playing solo? more damage, more healing from vines? crazy.

A new one
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 24, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 24, 2011, 02:25:28 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 24, 2011, 01:48:26 PM

Agreed.  I prefer healing/support, but thus far I've felt that I pretty much had to just DPS to get decent rewards.  I really hope this change makes it into the game.

Edit: How many times have you seen a tank player complain on the official forum that nobody heals him during a rift?  This is why.  Now healers like me will have no objection to supporting tanks.

Actually, I've found healing (if you have aoe healing, instants or streaming heals) to give much more contribution much quicker than anything else.  I can walk into a rift half way done on my bard, do nothing but the healing stream and motifs and still come out as top contributor.  It actually makes me mad when I play one of my dps characters, open the rift, kill or attack the majority of the first few waves and still finish 5th.  I'm looking forward to the majority of the changes smile
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 24, 2011, 03:53:33 PM »

Really?  Hmmm, something must have changed since launch then, because when I first started playing I used to heal at rifts and didn't get anything.

Steam profile
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 25, 2011, 01:31:56 AM »

The way rifts have worked you got credit for however many actions you executed inside, period.  The most efficient way to get a gold contribution score  (still is til the patch) is to stand there and use an instant zero cooldown self buff every gcd for the whole rift while everyone else fights.  Long cast heals at appropriate times just cant compete with a dps rogue launching an attack every single gcd.  This is why they are fixing it.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1317 on: March 25, 2011, 02:47:28 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 24, 2011, 02:41:19 PM

Yeah I don't understand the oh no, the sky is falling stuff on bard and chloro.  Chloro may actually be a bit better in 5-mans due to the across the board increase in mage dps, which indirectly increases chloro healing.  It just means that one chloro can't heal an entire raid.

The nerf to Livegiving Veil will be murder in Raids against Rifts, as that's a great way to heal others. It's usually 10 people who need healing, not 5. And keep in mind that you're constantly casting spells to keep others alive, as that's the only way TO keep others alive.

That said - Chloro/Warlock is an awesome combination, and some would say a bit too much of an awesome one. Either they need to buff the others, or just take the easy route and nerf the hell out of the combination.

Sadly, they're gonna take the easy route and nerf. It's gonna piss me off, to be frank. I was quite happy being a near main healer in events and such.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 25, 2011, 03:32:02 AM »

I think the goal was to require that 1 in 5 in every raid was a healer and that 1 or 2 healers couldn't keep 20 people up.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 25, 2011, 03:43:24 AM »

Agree with most of the alpha patch notes.  Glad mages are getting a little love (even though I have been having success with DOM/LOCK and Storm/Elem builds, hadn't really gotten that far into Cholor builds at all though), glad sabs are getting balanced, and I finally will not feel bad playing my Warrior class. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: