http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 10:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 73009 times)
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »

Got my beta 4 invite after all.  So I'll check out warfronts but won't do any more quests so as not to see any more PvE content in case I decide to buy.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
skystride
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »

I preordered yesterday.  Got the beta invite today.  The Steam client is not updating though.  I had to download a client from their site.  Patching about 7 gigs now.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

I preordered when it was announced, but still no beta invite.  frown  I want to start patching!
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »

If you preordered from Trion you are automatically in the beta, just check your account to confirm it.  Retail sites are supposed to send/hand you a key.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on January 06, 2011, 03:13:33 PM

If you preordered from Trion you are automatically in the beta, just check your account to confirm it.  Retail sites are supposed to send/hand you a key.

that's not true.  If you preorder from Trion, you will receive a beta invite on your account, but it's not there yet.  Under account management it still says I have yet to receive a beta invite and won't let me log in to patch.  My account says I own Rift and the account is active, but still no beta access.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 06, 2011, 03:34:36 PM

Quote from: Elmo on January 06, 2011, 03:13:33 PM

that's not true.  If you preorder from Trion, you will receive a beta invite on your account, but it's not there yet.  Under account management it still says I have yet to receive a beta invite and won't let me log in to patch.  My account says I own Rift and the account is active, but still no beta access.

it says I have beta 4 invite/access but won't let me patch either.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »

Got a response and not very happy with it.

'Only a small portion of the beta invites have gone out so far. Please keep an eye on your email address over the next couple of days. The beta event is going to be held from Friday, Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) through 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Jan. 10, 2011. I do apologize for any confusion regarding this issue.'

So they tempt you to preorder for the event, then possibly won't even let you participate.  I only complain because I have pretty awful download rates and share a connection which limits when I can download as well.  7gb between right now and Sat is pushing it, if I don't get the code until tomorrow night I may miss the whole thing. 
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 05:41:52 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 06, 2011, 03:51:47 PM

Got a response and not very happy with it.

'Only a small portion of the beta invites have gone out so far. Please keep an eye on your email address over the next couple of days. The beta event is going to be held from Friday, Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) through 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Jan. 10, 2011. I do apologize for any confusion regarding this issue.'

So they tempt you to preorder for the event, then possibly won't even let you participate.  I only complain because I have pretty awful download rates and share a connection which limits when I can download as well.  7gb between right now and Sat is pushing it, if I don't get the code until tomorrow night I may miss the whole thing. 

I received my early this morning around 3am.  Hopefully you get beta invite today

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 06:22:21 PM »

I have no invite from either my Fileplanet access (I thought it was VIP but maybe not) nor my Gamestop pre-order.  I even searched through my Spam folder, at which point I found yet another message that I apparently am trying to sell my WoW account, grrrrr  icon_eek
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »

BTW those who didn't get an invite yet, did you apply the code on Trion website and set up the subscription fee payment?  I guess that's kind of obvious..
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »

Quote from: skystride on January 06, 2011, 06:35:29 PM

BTW those who didn't get an invite yet, did you apply the code on Trion website and set up the subscription fee payment?  I guess that's kind of obvious..

I entered the beta code but did not set up a sub. It does tell me that I have the beta for beta invite4 but does not allow me as of yet to download any sort of client.

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »

Quote from: skystride on January 06, 2011, 06:35:29 PM

I ordered directly from Trion, this shouldn't even be needed.  (sub setup is required to purchase)

still nothing frown
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »

Hark, if you have someone who is in the beta already that trust you, they can just give you their login info and you can patch up.  Then just sign in with your info once you get your beta invite.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

might have to try that.  Thanks for the idea.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »

lol, this isn't boding well for their methods or systems.  Right after posting I checked my email again and the email with the invite info is there.  I click the button to 'sign the EULA' and it takes me to my Rift account page where it still says the same thing 'you have not been invited to beta'
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 06, 2011, 06:22:21 PM

I have no invite from either my Fileplanet access (I thought it was VIP but maybe not) nor my Gamestop pre-order.  I even searched through my Spam folder, at which point I found yet another message that I apparently am trying to sell my WoW account, grrrrr  icon_eek

Just checked again and got the email invite and got everything setup (signed EULA etc), I think.  Can't download right now as I'm still at work.

FWIW it was again in my spam folder (gmail) so double check that if you haven't seen anything.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »

I'm in the beta.  I'm in the beta.  Woot!

Now I'll get to try this out for myself.   thumbsup

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »

Just got my email, it let me sign the EULA and am downloading now.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »

My characters are on the Byriel server.  I have a couple on both the Guardian and Defiant sides.  Will edit this with the names tomorrow afternoon in case anyone wants to whisper me to group for warfronts.

MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »

I went to the local Gamestop. I asked about Rift...the guy looked at me kinda...doumbfounded. He asked me what it was...I told him again, "Rift...it is an MMO that is coming out next month. Supposedly, you guys have beta keys if I pre-order."

His reply? "Oh...uh....ok....let me look and see...."

He looks it up on his computer screen...and says there is nothing by that name. But, he does say some pokimon game is there. I say, "It is called Rift...maybe Rifts....but you should have it available for preorder."

His reply? "Oh...uh...ok...well....there is nothing by that name...so...yeah...uh...."

I roll my eyes, and say, "Ok, thanks."

so, I bought it through Trion's site....

PSN: MythicalMino
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »

Well, I will eagerly await hearing what you guys think about it.  I got an nVidia invite key like Huw, but I haven't been invited to this event yet.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2011, 11:31:55 PM »

If you buy through direct2drive this weekend you can get 20% off.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 12:40:30 AM »

Email invite update from Trion:

Update 2 (4:30 PST)

Emails from the earlier batch are still processing. Once those are finished, we plan to send out more this evening. If you have not gotten your email yet, please don't be concerned until I post here that all emails have been sent.

Thank you for your patience and watch here in this thread for updates.

Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 03:50:45 AM »

I got my beta 4 invite today, have downloaded the game and am patching it now. yay. Unfortunate I won't be able to play until after work tomorrow.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 06:54:33 AM »

Well just after midnight tonight I ended up getting invited to the beta, so hopefully I will see some of you there.  Just patching the 7gb of game now.  Are we all going to be on the Byriel server as someone suggested?
MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »

so....what server is everyone on? Or does that really matter?

PSN: MythicalMino
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2011, 12:49:25 PM »

I did the D2D pre-order last night...the CE for $47 was too good to pass up.  I have the pre-order key but no beta invite yet so no idea about this weekend's play.

EDIT: got the beta invite this morning and started the download around lunchtime.  I'm currently around 5GB in with an hour to go...only averaging 500-600k so it's slow.  I figure I'll probably need the patch after I get it installed but I might make it in tonight.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:55:18 PM by ericb » Logged
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »

Quote from: MythicalMino on January 07, 2011, 08:44:29 AM

so....what server is everyone on? Or does that really matter?

My characters are on Byriel but it probably doesn't matter for beta.  Will be more interested in seeing if we have enough people here, at OO, and at The Wanderers to form our own guild at launch.  I mention The Wanderers as a number of us post here and at OO.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »

So, ehm, I kinda pre-ordered this as well, since I'm an MMO whore.

Anyways, is anyone else concerned they didnt get an order confirmation while ordering directly through TRion? I got invited to the weekends beta though, at once, so thats fine. And man, the download is blazingly fast! 2.89MB a sec? thats awesome!

I signed up for US servers, figuring I could hang with some of you guys? Anyone else going to play today? I'll probably be on in a few hours or so

A new one
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »

I'll be doing warfronts this weekend.  Don't want to do any PvE past level 20 in the new zones as I'll almost certainly pre-order and don't want to spoil the fun of discovering new content at launch.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2011, 04:59:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 07, 2011, 04:31:56 PM

So, ehm, I kinda pre-ordered this as well

Imagine my astonishment! slywink

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 07, 2011, 04:59:15 PM

Quote from: Razgon on January 07, 2011, 04:31:56 PM

So, ehm, I kinda pre-ordered this as well

Imagine my astonishment! slywink

Well, its your fault!! You said it was fun...and an MMO....well, you said it was an MMO thus, I *Have* to try it! Thank god for an understanding GF ;-D

A new one
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »

Have you guys picked a Shard to play on?

Also it sounded like from Elmo's comment that you'd be able to start with a higher level character to try the Warfront stuff?
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 07, 2011, 07:22:42 PM

Have you guys picked a Shard to play on?

Also it sounded like from Elmo's comment that you'd be able to start with a higher level character to try the Warfront stuff?

No I did not mean to say that.  You have to start with a new character if you have never been in the beta but getting to level 10 is pretty quick.  I have been in all 3 betas and have a level 16 Defiant Cleric named Pope and a level 14 Guardian Mage named Trid plus a few other alts I won't be using in warfronts.  My characters are on Byriel.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »

Kub and I both made toons on Byriel too.

He has Kayle, I have Rittmage
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2011, 02:50:05 AM »

I have to say I like what I see.  To be a beta almost two months from release it's in extremely good shape.  One of the first things I thought was this was the love child of Warhammer and LOTRO with uncle WoW chipping in some design choices.  I hope they fix the AA though...it would make a huge difference graphically.  Love the very customizable UI which makes the sting of no add-ons much less noticeable. 
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2011, 03:07:39 AM »

BTW can the two different factions group up?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2011, 04:18:25 AM »

Quote from: skystride on January 08, 2011, 03:07:39 AM

BTW can the two different factions group up?

do Hibs and Mids group?   ninja
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »

So far I have tried:

Defiant Dark Elf looking Elementalist/Stormcaller/Pyromancer - Had fun gameplay, and loved the look of the pet.
Guardian High Elf Druid/Shaman/Justicar - Melee based cleric.  Druid has a fairy pet that heals her, so early on the druid has no actual heals herself.
Defiant Big Purple Guy Beast Master - Was having trouble finding a good pairing with Beast Master so I have shelved it for now.

The graphics are really nice, and performance is incredible.  I ended up in numerous Rift battles with probably 40 or 50 other players, noticed no lag at all, framerate stayed over 30 FPS on an aging system.

I was really thinking of playing a rogue but none of the classes were really jumping out at me right now.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 08, 2011, 02:43:38 AM

Kub and I both made toons on Byriel too.

He has Kayle, I have Rittmage

Where does the name Kayle come from?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: