http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:30:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow Six 3 : Black Arrow... anyone interested in Live?  (Read 2858 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:01:44 AM »

we can now create clans. woot.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 01:21:48 AM »

I own it and am pretty into Live play on it. I'll be more interested as soon as I get a new live headset. Mine's broken.

Anybody heard anything about any of the cheaper live headset alternatives? I'm finding it hard to fork up the $30 for their official one. And I see these really really cheap off-brand sets, but I worry about quality.

I dunno, I can always play anyway, it'll just be hard since I can't talk.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 02:03:44 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
Anybody heard anything about any of the cheaper live headset alternatives?

I use an el cheapo brand (it has a spring loaded triangular earpiece) and it works fine.. the trick is to find one that has a long enough jack,

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 06:01:51 PM »

Actually, after some thought I fixed mine last night biggrin

THe earpiece itself worked, but that little piece of plastic it uses to clip itself onto the other piece of the headset had broken off. So I Drilled a tiny hole through both the earpiece and the headpiece and put a bolt and nut through it from an old remote control car I had.

Works like a charm except that it takes me about 5 minutes to switch the set from one ear to the other.

But I was on Live playing Black Arrow last night.

I'm sticking by the statement that the game is awesome unless you get stuck playing with people who only care about their stats and try to camp your spawn area. Of course, that's really only an issues in Total Conquest that I know of, but that's my favorite game mode.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 07:31:52 PM »

THe earpiece itself worked, but that little piece of plastic it uses to clip itself onto the other piece of the headset had broken off. So I Drilled a tiny hole through both the earpiece and the headpiece and put a bolt and nut through it from an old remote control car I had.
EXACTLY the same issue I had with mine!  Stupid crappy clip design....

I'm looking forward to those bluetooth babies I saw at E3 from Hip.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 07:52:11 PM »

i have past experience with rainbow6 online and i was wondering how this one was? i loved rogue spear back in the day, does this one compare to that?

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 05:32:25 AM »

The Xbox Rainbow 6 games are like slimmed down simpler more actiony versions of the PC games.

There's no planning stage, no picking what weapons your teammates use, and there's rarely if ever an alternate path to take through the maps.

If you're like me and you like a more streamlined easy to get into game, then it's better.

If you really loved R6 the old way, you might be disappointed.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:21:53 AM »

If we get a group of 4... can we team up and go through missions with randomly placed enemies?

I have had the game since release... but have not even opened it yet.

If we can do this, we should organize a GG-Night for Black Arrow.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 02:06:20 PM »

I'm in for that. Tongue

However.... Wednesday night I'll be out buying glasses/contacts, Friday night I've got a farewell party to go to, The weekend is a no-go as I'm tied up with 2 birthday parties for my 1yr old son, and  Monday afternoon - Friday next week I'll be in Portland OR for Webtrends training.  (I just looked at my itinerary... Christ I'm gonna be in the air for 6 hours each way with 2hr stopovers in Minneapolis. :roll:  )

Come to think of it, the following week I'm camping. <sigh> by the time I can play, FABLE will be out.

If you see me online, invite me. Feel free to add me; I'd prefer a Voice message with indication that you are from CG forums. smile

Thanks!

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 03:14:56 AM »

I'm definitely in. Especially since I got my headset sort of jury-rigged so I can actually use it. But in my case, it's kind of a whenever thing. It might be tough to get into it on the weekend unless you guys pick sunday night, cause I tend to be out and about friday and saturday night.

If it's cool with everyone here I'll just send buddy list requests later, and if we should spontaneously all be on at the same time we could do it that way too. Sure.. the odds on that are pretty slim, but hey you never know right?

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 01:20:04 PM »

So, I finally opened my copy and went through the tutorials and started the practice mission.

This game is so incredibly well done considering it is a console FPS, which generally SUCK in my opinion (due to the lack of control you have with the thumbsticks as compared to a keyboard/mouse).

I'll tell you though, the general layout of everything on the controller just "feels right".  It is so easy to pick up and do things like reload, zoom, go to night vision, order your squad around, switch weapons, etc... etc...

The voice commands I give to my team through the microphone never ever ever gets old.  

"Open, Frag, and Clear on Zulu"

I could say that 1,000 times and not get tired of it!   biggrin

I set up a Console Gold Squad last night, and after going through all the work, I promptly (and mistakenly) wiped it out with one wrong button push.  That whole process is simple, yet very very cool.

In the middle of my practice mission in the subway, I saw a letter in the corner of my screen.  It was from one of my non-cg/gg friends named Night Wolves (old friend from Crimson Skies).  I clicked "accept invite" and it very quickly took me out of my single player game directly into the multiplayer game they were playing.  Very Nice!!!!   The ONLY thing I wish they would have done, (and maybe you can, and I just don't know how) is let you know what type of game you would be joining.  It ended up being an adversarial game, and I was hoping it was a co-op game.  But there is no way to check (I don't think) before accepting the invite.

One thing I forgot to do that I wanted to try was to see how the smoke effects looked and worked.  (They are outstanding on Full Spectrum Warrior).  I do know this though.... DON"T let yourself get hit with a gas grenade.... It will seriously screw your ass up!  Awesome effect!

This game screams team play co-op heaven.  I can't wait to get some games going.

Man, I really wish Devil liked these kind of games.  oh well.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 07:28:17 PM »

Glad you like it so much. If you want to play tonight I might be on later. I'll try and get to the Xbox here pretty soon and send a few friend requests.

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 09:36:58 PM »

I love these games and would be up for any type of multi-play.  Just keep me posted!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: