http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:22:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About AOC Unfair Advantages  (Read 1124 times)
sadconan
BANNED
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »

Hi I'm new to the site so please excuse me if I'm violating the rules.  If so then mods feel free to delete this post right away, however this is something that has been bugging me for awhile and its about time i join this site and post my gripe.  Anyways the question is do you think bots should be allowed?  For example i did a quick search on Google for AOC bots and pulled up a site like this {Link Removed}AOC Age of Conan Bots and Radars[/url] These sites not only have bots but radars that allow hidden players to be seen.  This is something that gives players an unfair advantage over others.  They even have a screen shot on their site showing it running.  Here is the screen shot.  Things like this i feel need to be stopped.  What do you think?

{Link Removed}
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:32:45 PM by naednek » Logged
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:56:43 AM »

Holy crap.

I remember something like this back in the EQ1 days. Basically, the client was sending FAR more information than what you could see around you, and an overlay was designed to not only show you that information, but to allow you to have an automap of sorts (the zones had to be designed first) no matter where you went.

The devs changed it around after a few months of use so that your client only got the information it needed at the time. As a plus, modem users didn't crash out as often anymore due to information overload.

I'm rather shocked that Conan is sending this much information. That's one hell of a no-no by a design standpoint.

EDIT: Personally, I'd remove the link to the site out of your post. While quite informative, you could also be somebody trying to show that information to others, as people have to purchase the bots within.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:58:39 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 03:32:55 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 31, 2008, 12:56:43 AM

Holy crap.

I remember something like this back in the EQ1 days. Basically, the client was sending FAR more information than what you could see around you, and an overlay was designed to not only show you that information, but to allow you to have an automap of sorts (the zones had to be designed first) no matter where you went.

The devs changed it around after a few months of use so that your client only got the information it needed at the time. As a plus, modem users didn't crash out as often anymore due to information overload.

I'm rather shocked that Conan is sending this much information. That's one hell of a no-no by a design standpoint.

EDIT: Personally, I'd remove the link to the site out of your post. While quite informative, you could also be somebody trying to show that information to others, as people have to purchase the bots within.

I don't think it is unlikely that the OP, post count of 1, is a viral marketer for the AOC radar. 

Beware downloading this type of software or you might find yourself with a keylogger on your computer
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

Quote from: Jafisob on July 31, 2008, 03:32:55 AM

Quote from: Destructor on July 31, 2008, 12:56:43 AM

Holy crap.

I don't think it is unlikely that the OP, post count of 1, is a viral marketer for the AOC radar. 

Beware downloading this type of software or you might find yourself with a keylogger on your computer

+10000000 reported, please don't install it.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »

Sadconan - you have one chance and one chance alone to make a coherent non-advertising post before I send you packing and report your trojan nonsense to your ISP directly. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »

Can you say "forum bot"?

I knew you could!