http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 08:32:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Gotham Racing 2 Time Trial #2: BMW M3 CSL  (Read 5977 times)
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2004, 09:12:59 PM »

Let's do a Time Trial Challenege with one of the new cars...

Starts... Wed, May 19
Ends...   Thursday, May 27, 11:59 p.m.

: The BMW M3 CSL

: Times
Driver: 1:07.366
Coopasonic: 1:08.149
HappyDog: 1:09.015
Tebunker:  1:10.367
SimonGG:  1:26.019

Remember... the BMW M3 CSL is free - you don't have to buy the Paris download to play it.

Who's in?
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 09:13:35 PM »

In

LiveTAG: happydog
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 10:39:56 PM »

I can not for the life of me get the downloadable content.  Whenever I look try to check for new content, the game says that there's nothing new to download.  Have you guys had any problems with this, or is this download not available yet?

Xbox Live Tag: daszo  (PGR2, Splinter Cell: PT, Colin Mcrae 04, Sega GT Online)
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 10:56:58 PM »

I think AgtFox jumped the gun and the content is not yet available. The post that AgtFox linked to says they will have a release date today...

Tongue

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 11:26:22 PM »

Ok, that must be the problem.  I'll try again tommorow.  At least we know it's coming, and soon smile

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 12:45:44 AM »

Agt Fox is all sneaky with his inside info and jumped the gun, huh? :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 01:02:56 AM »

Looks like it IS available now.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 03:01:55 AM »

Yep - The M3 appears to be free!

(nice racing guys - thanks for letting me end every race!)

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 03:27:05 AM »

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. We definitely need to do that more often. smile
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 03:50:20 AM »

As Devil mentioned, the new M3 is available, but the rest of the new downloadable content is not available yet.

I had a blast playing tonight and I even managed to win at the Nurburgring smile  I'm really looking forward to playing with you guys more once this new content comes out.  This has really been alot of fun.

Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 12:32:39 PM »

Good morning!  The new content is available.

Also, if you want to see thr cars before you buy them - check out your garage.  The models are in there with the free BMW.  Nice!

I've raced one Paris track so far - it's a cobbled street covered in trees then opens out on the Arc de Triumph.  You cut back around - with some tricky protected areas in the middle of the street - and the loop over to the Eiffel Tower.  It has a great feel different from the other cities.

See you guys online this weekend!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 01:21:51 PM »

I just did something I never thought I'd do. I bought the Paris Booster Pack.

I don't necessarrily(sp?) like the way the m3 handles, but it's got some serious jump.

I'm currently 2 seconds behind Driver on this challenge. It's Yokohama, very tricky 90, 90 and then a chicane, but otherwise the rest of the track is wide open so you can feel the power of the german engineering on the road.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 01:22:06 PM »

Count me in for this weekend.

And the good news is, if I play, Devil won't come in last.  I will gloriously take that dubious honor.

Hopefully I'll see you all this weekend.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 02:14:09 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"

And the good news is, if I play, Devil won't come in last.  I will gloriously take that dubious honor.

Hope the BMW engineers built some sturdy body panels...

I'll be in, going for 3rd place!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 02:38:50 PM »

I'm down for this weekend.  It's been too long since the last PGR2 night.  Just tell me when.

daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 06:17:23 PM »

Unfortunately, I'll be busy every night this weekend except for Sunday night frown  I'll check in with you guys when I get a chance though.  Hopefully we can get a game together either Sunday night or some other night this up comming week.

I've raced every car and every track so far.  This is really a great update, I'm really impressed with it.  The Paris tracks are kind of unique, but kinda more of the same.  However, PGR2 is my favorite console racing game ever, so more of the same with a twist is perfectly ok with me.  It's cool because some of the new tracks are relatively straight forward (pun intended) with some long straightaways linked with fast chicanes or tricky hair-pins.  The other type of track has a combination of medium speed to blistering fast corners.  One of the tracks is great because it has a set of tight turns, but the track is a mile wide (I'm exagerating here smile).  It's kind of like some of turns in Moscow: it's so wide and twisty that there are 50 different ways to go through the corner.

The new cars are quite cool too.  The only car that I don't like is the Ferrari 365--it just can't handle any latteral G's whatsoever; but at the same time, it has some really good powersliding, so it can be really fast, you just have to approach the turns totally differently.  It's cool because I could really tell the difference between the modern cars which have the better tires as compared to the older cars with the narrower tires: the new cars just corner alot better, though they're not necessarily more agile through low speed corners.  The funnest car, IMHO, is the classic Porsche 356.  It can't go above 100 mph, but it's a blast to drive in the twisties--you never have to brake, just let off the gas and let the back end slide.  Absolutely fantastic car, even if it is by far the slowest of the bunch.  The BMW 645Ci is a bit disappointing.  It is a great all around car, it just isn't very fast.  It doesn't really power slide and it doesn't accelerate outrageously fast, but it is stable in the corners and has good braking.  On the other hand, that special BMW M3 is a rocket; it's one of the fastest cars in this update, if driven correctly.  It's amazingly maneuverable and has some great get up and go.  My personal favorite car so far is the new Corvette C6.  This car is insanely fast and stable.  It fits my driving style just perfectly and I can get it to do pretty much anything I want it to.  The way I drive, this car is the second fastest car of the bunch.  In fact, it even outperforms all the cars in the  'Track Specials' category.  My least favorite car is the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.  This car is BY FAR the fastest car in the group, but it has no personality whatsoever.  It may be really, really fast, but I just don't enjoy driving it at all.  I'm still really glad they included it though, as now I can actually compete with the fastest times out there.

Anyway, I've had alot of fun with this so far and i hope to see some of you online in the next week or so.

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 08:33:10 PM »

That TVR sure is fast though... 200+mph. I like the Paris tracks quite a bit, especially the Elysees Challenge one. All the new cars and tracks should be a lot of fun on Live this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 12:23:20 PM »

Times updated
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 03:28:34 PM »

Ok I spent 10 minutes this morning and did a run. But I got pissed when I was having a fantastic run and lost it on the very last turn.  :evil:

LiveTAG: happydog
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2004, 07:23:25 PM »

I don't think anybody will be taking the honor of last place from me.

The only reason I'm not last with the MINI is because Simon apparantly didn't try very hard.. I must've spent a half hour running that course and still ended up like two whole seconds behind the leaders.

Lockdown.. you just leave last place to little old me. In this game I imagine it's all I'm really good for smile

But I'll damn well try anyway biggrin

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2004, 09:20:09 PM »

This one is way more challenging than the Mini course. You are driving a much more powerful car at much higher speeds on a course with a couple of tricks up it's sleeve... turns 1 and 2 being the worst of it. It takes a lot more to put together a good run here. smile

Which is why I fully expect Driver to be 4 seconds ahead of me before it is all over. slywink

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2004, 09:25:09 PM »

My best run so far was a 1:10:869.

Not as pathetically far behind as I expected, but enough to be a teensy bit humiliating smile

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2004, 10:28:16 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
This one is way more challenging than the Mini course. You are driving a much more powerful car at much higher speeds on a course with a couple of tricks up it's sleeve... turns 1 and 2 being the worst of it. It takes a lot more to put together a good run here. smile

Which is why I fully expect Driver to be 4 seconds ahead of me before it is all over. slywink

I wish, man!  I was having a tough time getting a better time on this one last night.   That MINI challege was a lot of fun, though - I felt kind of bad beating your time and seeing how close that came to the deadline.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2004, 11:30:22 PM »

Times updated.

Again, if I'm missing someone who's participating, let me know or add 'Driver' to your Friends list.

Thanks!
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 09:46:24 PM »

Alright, I just set the fastest time.  That was alot of fun smile  I got a mid 1:06 time.

And Driver, today I beat EVERY SINGLE ONE of your hot lap times for the new cars biggrin  I'm pretty proud of that smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: