http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 10:54:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Entropia  (Read 1097 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2004, 04:15:17 AM »

Any Gone-er-Console Golders play Project Entropia?  I’ve recently installed it and having had no previous experience with a MMORPG I’m having fun.  

For those that don’t know it’s a real world economy based game, 1 real US dollar is worth 10 Entropian dollars.  Other then that the game is completely free.  I started the hard and tedious way, refusing to spend any of my own hard earned money and I have worked my way up to a net worth of about 20 Entropian bucks. (Whoohoo I made two dollars playing a computer game!)

I’ve only been playing for two days but now that I have weapons I’m finding the game quite fun and addictive, am I likely to see any familiar faces sporting fancy orange jumpers?
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:10:19 PM »

I think I avoided looking at this one when it released on principle. Tongue

So how does it work exactly?  Is the client free?  Do that charge a monthly fee in addition to however much you chose to convert to game currency?

I remember being slightly interested in the setting, but completely put off by the real money economy thing.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 06:16:48 PM »

There is no monthly fee and it’s a free download.  There is really no reason not to check it out if you are even remotely interested.  If you chose not to pay at all its very possible to play, if a bit tedious at the start.  As I said I haven’t put a penny into the game and I have gotten to the point where I can actually make money.

Also, strangely enough, unlike most online games I’ve played, the people I’ve met are very helpful and often quite courteous.  Again I’ve only been playing for a couple days but it seems like a nice environment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: