http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 09:40:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for WoW?  (Read 2011 times)
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2004, 10:35:39 AM »

I had a fun time playing with many GG members during CoH's first month, and recall that many discussed being interested in World of Warcraft.

Seemingly only an instant later, WoW is here. I was wondering what your plans are-- I'm sure at least one or two guilds will be erected. At this point, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do. But it's good to at least have an active dialogue with the community.

Lots of restrictions regarding time zone, server-type, and faction, though, so it's likely that many will fall in different places. Not to mention that the GG community itself has divided, somewhat.

Personally? I think I'll start out EST/RP/Alliance. I don't expect everyone to join me, nor do I wish it. I have an idea, though:

It's possible to maintain private chat channels in WoW, correct? So, every interested GG member could tune in to /Gone Gold (or something) on their respective servers. You'd always be able to find help/company in a channel that anyone could access. Three players or fifty on a particular server; it wouldn't matter. Those very interested in a guild could still form one-- being a member of "the guild" just wouldn't be a requirement for meeting up.

Your thoughts? Would this be worth mentioning to the other GG communities?

On a personal note, I sort of want to start a separate e-mail account for everything WoW related. What can you recommend? I'm fed up with Hotmail's integration, 30-day cut-offs, and constant advertising. Is there any free, web-mail service out there that's better than the others?

I see that G-mail isn't operating yet. How's the beta? Would anyone happen to have an extra invitation that they don't require? If the service is reliable and the beta accounts are permanent, that is....

Thanks for your assistance!
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 12:54:13 PM »

I have a gmail invite for you.  Heck I am sitting on twelve atm.   Just send me a private msg and I will send you an invite

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 02:10:39 PM »

You're welcome to join our ConsoleGold guild.  I think we're going to have a blast with this game.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 05:41:29 PM »

http://www.zengamer.com/forums/index.php?s=160af98d1c9396f04d54ce889baa2040&act=SC&c=4
New message board for the unofficial Console Gold Guild-The Monstrous Regiment. Please feel free to join. All established board members that sign up before launch are our founding officers. We are going to hvae a great time I think, with a core group of about 15 guys that all seem mature and fun.
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 06:10:52 PM »

Ugh. Why didn't I look in this forum last night? I feel so silly. No wonder I couldn't find any WoW threads.

Anyway, thanks for the invitiation. (And thanks for the invitation, tru1cy.) I'll have to consider it. But what do you think about the chat channel idea, outside of guilding?

And have SuperHiro, Blackhawk, or IronWulf expressed any interest in playing/joining? Just a few I remember from CoH whom I haven't seen mentioned, yet. Are there any guilds being set up by the other GG communities? (I'm not very aware of the others-- links would be appreciated.)
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 07:00:20 PM »

over at www.thewanderers.us we have a huge group that will be playing.  we will be playing horde so if you want to play alliance with rage and wanted a horde group, check us out.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 07:14:44 PM »

Yeah, Xmann said it. It looks right now that if you are gung-ho horde, the Wanderers are a great fit. OUr new guild is, well, new, but if the caliber of peopel that have signed on already are any indication, it will be a lot of fun with some great people.

I dont know about BH, SH, and those guys. They dont really post here at all, which is a damn shame, so I am not sure what their deal is. I didnt really want to spam OO forums to see if they wanted to join, but maybe I will make a post or two over there and see.

As for separate channel chat in WoW, you know, in all my beta experience I have no clue if that is even possible!! One of the alphas or longer CB people might have a better idea-Namatoki, obb maybe?

I would certainly not be opposed tos uch an idea, but I doubt I would peruse it much-with party chat, guild chat, and general chat I generally have all I can handle.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 09:06:22 PM »

Sudy Nym   I need your email addy to send the invite.  That goes for anyone else that want a gmail invite.  I hav 12 I believe I can send out.  First come first served

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 06:48:31 AM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
over at www.thewanderers.us we have a huge group that will be playing.  we will be playing horde so if you want to play alliance with rage and wanted a horde group, check us out.

Thanks for the information, Xmann-- though I think I'd prefer to play Alliance, at this time. I actually checked out The Wanderers a while ago, but thought that there probably wouldn't be much sense in me joining for this reason. It's too bad that most communities don't seem to be setting up parallel guilds for the two factions. (Though that would only be possible on PvE servers.)

Quote from: "Rage"
I dont know about BH, SH, and those guys. They dont really post here at all, which is a damn shame, so I am not sure what their deal is. I didnt really want to spam OO forums to see if they wanted to join, but maybe I will make a post or two over there and see.

Octopus Overlords! That's the place I was looking for. I'll go and see what I can find out. As many of us should join up as possible. If not in a guild, at least by server when type-preference permits.

As for separate channel chat in WoW, you know, in all my beta experience I have no clue if that is even possible!! One of the alphas or longer CB people might have a better idea-Namatoki, obb maybe?

Well, I happen to know that you can create your own channels. You just enter "/join [name]", and there it is. I don't know about the specifics of moderation and so forth, however.

I would certainly not be opposed to such an idea, but I doubt I would peruse it much-with party chat, guild chat, and general chat I generally have all I can handle.

Well, the idea is that you forego guild chat in favour of it. Or at least, use them in tandem to assist community members and alts who aren't in the guild. I don't think it would be a very active channel-- it's just an idea to have it on so that it would be easier to locate each other.

Quote from: "tru1cy"
Sudy Nym   I need your email addy to send the invite.  That goes for anyone else that want a gmail invite.

Thanks tru1cy; I sent it your way.
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 07:10:47 AM »

After taking another look around The Wanderers' site, I've learned that they intend to play PvE, as well. Why don't we attempt to coordinate, and play on the same server? Rage? Alliance-interested Wanderers might consider playing with the GG team.

Unless TW really want to set up their unofficial Alliance guild on another server, for the purpose of being a place to go during main-server downtime. Would you care to communicate this to The Wanderers, Xmann? I saw some discussion of this group on your forums, but nothing definitive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: