http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 06:16:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 4530 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »

What's the best source/site for a character building guide for this game?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on October 28, 2013, 04:05:29 PM

What's the best source/site for a character building guide for this game?
Official site [pathofexile.com] has a character build page [I used bitly cause the link is insanely long]:
http://bit.ly/18v8yje
(note: doesn't look to me as it does in game -- I dunno, maybe this is a different passive tree for a class I'm not playing? Or does everyone have a passives tree looking like this?)

Googling pulled up this fan site which seems to have a lot of character build stuff going on:

Path of Exile Dominance
http://www.pathofexiledominance.com/

Builds Section:
http://www.pathofexiledominance.com/builds/

I'll try to share mine (about L23 now) although probably it sucks.  icon_razz It's narrowly focused on life/armor/shield for survivability, and two-hand melee/swords for offense. Not much else beyond the +10 Strength and +10 Dexterity choices necessary to work through the passives tree.

Pretty intimidating tree at first glance. I dig that I never feel like I'm wasting a point to get to something else on the tree.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:21:42 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 01:55:17 AM »

I went ahead and created a guild with the clever name:

Gaming Trend Guild  icon_razz

My lone character so far is:
Blackjackier

If you're keen on helping me get a little GT guild going, just message me in game, PM here or mention a character name here, and I'll try to send you an invite.  icon_smile I'm on the U.S./North American server.

Update: Got one taker last night, so we officially have a "plurality" in the PoE guild.  icon_smile While it offers a guild chat channel, officer designations etc., it seems like you do have to spend a bit in the Game Store to buy a guild stash tab.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:04:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »

Re Guild:  You have a 30 person cap, and can expand it to 200....at a cost of $1 per person (in chunks of 10).  I don't know the price on extra stash tabs, but I wouldn't be surprised if GGG ends up discounting these periodically. 

I'm in the Something Awful guild (Pants in Exile) and we're already capped at 200. 
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 04:00:22 AM »

It appears only the guild leader can spend in game currency for guild perks, on the positive side guild members can gift currency to the guild leader back on the negative side Guild stash is reportedly very very buggy so on the positive side guilds can save some cash for the moment. Tongue
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »

Quote from: Abaddon on October 31, 2013, 04:00:22 AM

It appears only the guild leader can spend in game currency for guild perks, on the positive side guild members can gift currency to the guild leader back on the negative side Guild stash is reportedly very very buggy so on the positive side guilds can save some cash for the moment. Tongue
Doesn't appear to be any interest here (thanks Abbadon for joining), probably most GTers are in guilds or just got burned out on beta  icon_smile

So probably I'll disband it. A Steam bud wanted to invite me onto the Gamers With Jobs guild, which has about 17 members now. I don't hang out at that forum but know some folks there.

Act 3 started to feel grindy,though maybe I'm spoiled beating on areas well below my characters' level.

I wish the game gave me info on what quests your party members are working on. Sometimes the title of the session I'm joining doesn't reflect their progress when I join. E.g., I find I can't use portals because my quest progression isn't far enough, or vice versa.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »

I meant to ask, are blue gems meant to be near impossible to find?

I finally found one at about L31 last night. It's a "toggle" passive for your shield that gives a chance to zap nearby targets with a bit of lightning damage when you successfully block an attack. It looks cool, not sure how effective it is, and it cuts down your mana reservoir a bit. So far, that's the only blue gem I've ever seen in the game.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 01:45:20 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 31, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

I meant to ask, are blue gems meant to be near impossible to find?

I finally found one at about L31 last night. It's a "toggle" passive for your shield that gives a chance to zap nearby targets with a bit of lightning damage when you successfully block an attack. It looks cool, not sure how effective it is, and it cuts down your mana reservoir a bit. So far, that's the only blue gem I've ever seen in the game.
Are you asking about blue skill gems, or is a blue gem something else?  When I started a witch a couple of days ago, most of her quest rewards were blue skill gems.  Seems itemized by class. 
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 02:17:52 AM »

Quest rewards are by class and are available on the POE Wiki (can't remember the URL right now, I'm at work). 

There are a few gems that are either drop-only, or only show up as Quest rewards in Act 3 of Merciless (the 3rd difficulty, like Inferno in Diablo 3).  These are usually expensive.  For example, Multistrike goes for 6-7 Chaos, and is one of those gems from Act 3 of Merciless.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 03:58:35 PM »

I managed to finish Act III, mostly, in a co-op group in the wee hours last night. I took a few hours nap first in "preparation."  icon_smile

When our large group was about to tackle the final boss in its lair... oops. All but one of us crashed.  icon_smile Strangely, it occurred at exactly the right time for me to order a certain something, so that worked out.  icon_cool

That was the most fun I've had in co-op in this so far even if it's mostly a cakewalk at normal. It helped to have a few patient people, folks who would drop TPs next to needed quest objectives, etc. The "pages" quest in Act 3 wouldn't spawn the 4th page, so I was able to start a brief solo session later and pick it up OK.

I have a couple blue skill gems now, but I seem to get about 60% green, 35% red, 5% blue. Just an eyeball estimate.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: