http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 08:24:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New WoW Promo - Free Cata and Free level 80  (Read 1992 times)
Jag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »

Pretty sweet deal. I have some scrolls, just pm me your bnet email and name.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

This pisses me off...a lot.  I recently reactivated both my account and my wife's account not more than a couple weeks ago.  The free transfers, faction, free mount, gold and free lvl 80 would have been extremely helpful.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »

What does it say about your game when your best promotion to get subscribers back is by allowing them to skip most of the content?   saywhat

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on March 07, 2012, 09:42:20 PM

What does it say about your game when your best promotion to get subscribers back is by allowing them to skip most of the content?   saywhat

Well, it is targeted at bring back previous players who have probably done all that stuff.  It just lets you get one character up to level 80.  The more upsetting thing would be if you've never played, let's say, a warrior before and you take the level 80 upgrade and then go try to tank dungeons.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:55:02 PM »

Quote from: ericb on March 07, 2012, 09:17:34 PM

This pisses me off...a lot.  I recently reactivated both my account and my wife's account not more than a couple weeks ago.  The free transfers, faction, free mount, gold and free lvl 80 would have been extremely helpful.

How long did you subscribe for?  Assuming this is an ongoing promotion, you could let one of yours run out, and then have the other give the lapsed account a scroll.  The lapsed account would get the goodies, and the scroll giver would get the free mount.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:56:51 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on March 07, 2012, 11:55:02 PM

Quote from: ericb on March 07, 2012, 09:17:34 PM

How long did you subscribe for?  Assuming this is an ongoing promotion, you could let one of yours run out, and then have the other give the lapsed account a scroll.  The lapsed account would get the goodies, and the scroll giver would get the free mount.

A good idea, but Blizzard thought of that trick:

To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously purchased at least one month of game time at any point in the past, and your friendís account must have been inactive since March 4, 2012 or earlier.

So, anyone want to play WoW again who hasn't in ages? Let me know. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »

Thanks for the scroll, Jag smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
IamChuckles
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

I would like to give this a shot.  Anyone have a scroll they could part with?
DOSHIGH
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:31 PM »

Quote from: IamChuckles on March 14, 2012, 04:13:34 PM

I would like to give this a shot.  Anyone have a scroll they could part with?

I can send one if you pm me your email you use for Battlenet.
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »

I'd like a scroll if anyone is willing to send it to me.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-sub, although I'll know for sure after I play for 7 days.  Just let me know and I'll send you my b-net email address.  Thanks!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »

If anyone wants a Scroll, send me a PM. Just shoot me an e-mail and I'll send it out.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
maccwerk
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »

Does anyone still have a scroll thud be willing to part with?  Been looking to get back into WoW and this seems like a solid deal. Thanks!
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »

Quote from: maccwerk on May 19, 2012, 11:56:05 AM

Does anyone still have a scroll thud be willing to part with?  Been looking to get back into WoW and this seems like a solid deal. Thanks!

I have one (should still be ok)...just let me know if you want it and PM your battlenet email address.
maccwerk
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 12:39:54 PM »

Thanks to DOSHIGH for the scroll hookup!  Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mac
chump24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »

Can someone send me a Scroll of Resurrection?
Been itching to re-try Wow.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:50 AM »

Quote from: chump24 on June 21, 2012, 06:28:38 AM

Can someone send me a Scroll of Resurrection?
Been itching to re-try Wow.

Sent early this morning.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »

Anyone want a shot at a free mount? Looking for a Scroll of resurrection  icon_biggrin Odds are pretty good I will sub for at least the necessary month.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 01:01:03 AM »

Quote from: Abaddon on June 29, 2012, 12:04:23 AM

Anyone want a shot at a free mount? Looking for a Scroll of resurrection  icon_biggrin Odds are pretty good I will sub for at least the necessary month.

PM sent
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 07:56:22 PM »

Thanks for the Scroll ericb!

Unfortunately it appears my account was hacked/compromised while I was away and then the person used a stolen credit card to run up a bunch of charges i.e. server moves etc. Obviously the owner of the credit card disupted the charges and so my account went in to default. I managed to get that straightened out with a very helpful Blizz support person but it also made my account ineligble for the Scroll deal since it had been active recently. Again I managed to get THAT straightened out as well but while the hacker had control of the account they obviously sold off pretty much everything that wasn't nailed down and stripped all my characters of cash etc. Blizz did their best but they said due to the circumstances they could not fully restore everything.

So I am going to attempt to try and regroup over the next few days but it may be a bit beyond redeeming. The Blizz rep did say if I sub for the month you are still eligible for the rewards you will just need to contact them via a ticket with some info which I will gladly provide you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: