http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 10:38:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Crimson Skies free download  (Read 4719 times)
Hrothgar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:25:44 PM »

From MS:
Second Wave of Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge Content Lands Today

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that new content for Crimson Skies™: High Road to Revenge, the smash-hit aerial action game for Xbox®, is now available for download via Xbox Live™. The latest wave of free content includes three new planes, two new maps and two new gametypes that are sure to keep the skies ablaze with high-speed high-altitude action.

Fighter aces will rejoice as they jump into the cockpits of the Vampire, Firebrand or Hellhound aircraft. The Vampire and Firebrand pack serious plane-busting firepower, while the fast and agile Hellhound can shred any slow-moving planes that dare cross its path.

Two new maps, Badlands and The Lost Plateau, will test the mettle of even the best pilots. Badlands features a twisting mix of canyons and caves, while The Lost Plateau will have gamers soaring through the night skies and zipping through ancient ruins to shake off any pesky bogeys.

Along with the new planes and maps, two additional gametypes are available for download: Chicken Pox and Gunheist. Capture the Flag takes on a whole new twist in Gunheist, in which teams are challenged to capture and hold three anti-aircraft gun emplacements within a limited time. In Chicken Pox, gamers have to capture chickens and use them as power-ups. A plane carrying a chicken will enjoy a full boost recharge, rapid damage recovery and instant reloading of its secondary weapons, making it the deadliest chicken delivery system in the sky and awarding the pilot with two points for shooting down any chicken-less pilots.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 12:57:22 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the tip!
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 06:22:29 PM »

: I really like the new levels and the new planes.  We should have some CG/GG Live games with this over the weekend!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 08:43:16 PM »

Lets play tonight!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 06:09:01 PM »

So does anyone want to give their impressions of the new planes?

Driver maybe?

I am especially interested in the primary and secondary weaponry they come with.

Any mini-reviews would be appreciated.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 06:39:54 PM »

You want the Hellblazer or the Hell-plane, whatever it's called.  Able to rapid fire its secondary weapon, though ammo is short.  It's my favorite of the new three - and looks great.

Plus, of course, you can't play online with anyone who uses the new planes or maps - so you may as well get them.

The new levels are no brainers - superior to the previous downloadable content, but I understand that they come from the single player game.  Who cares?  The Lost City rivals Sea Haven for my favorite map.  Or Chicago.  Heck, they're all good except that contrived Caverns map.

Don't know what else to write - It's free!  Isn't that enough? slywink
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 07:40:30 PM »

I played this a bit this weekend...just got on with a bunch of strangers.  I played with the Vampire and didn't like it a whole lot, probably have to play with it for a bit.  I'll try the Hellhound and Firebrand when I get a chance.  I still really like the Devastator honestly...heh.

I like the new maps as well as the new game types.  I still like the Fury from the last download as well.  I'm also happy to see that Crimson Skies is still a popular game...it really was a breakout game for the Xbox in my opinion.  A game that came from a hair away from being cancelled to what it was when released...wow.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: