http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:45:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 21578 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »

It has now been down for about 7 hours on a weekend during prime play hours.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:55:16 AM by msduncan » Logged
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:28 AM »

Yeah, been checking all day.. Didn't even want to play, just wanted to login to reset the celestial coin thing... Not sure what happens now that it's expired... Gonna be annoyed if they are just lost...
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2013, 05:10:03 AM »

Wow down for a whole day on a weekend.  How annoying!  But it's open beta so everything is cool right?  icon_evil
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »

Blame the exploiters who managed to destroy the in-game economy in a matter of hours.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 20, 2013, 10:39:49 AM

Blame the exploiters who managed to destroy the in-game economy in a matter of hours.

nm.. quick google search found my answer
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:05:54 AM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »

Basically loading an archive, wiping 7 hours of play from Sunday morning.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?266901-5-19-13-Server-Status-Update-and-Important-Announcements
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2013, 06:48:47 AM »

This exactly! I don't understand why these people aren't held more accountable for their actions.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2013, 07:02:53 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 21, 2013, 06:48:47 AM

This exactly! I don't understand why these people aren't held more accountable for their actions.

They are. They have been permabanned for their idiocy, and their ill-gotten gains have been or will be removed from the economy.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 21, 2013, 07:02:53 AM

Quote from: Razgon on May 21, 2013, 06:48:47 AM

They are. They have been permabanned for their idiocy, and their ill-gotten gains have been or will be removed from the economy.

ah, that is nice! I just read 3 day bans on another forum, but haven't looked into it at all.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2013, 07:49:38 AM »

From the explanation thread in the Neverwinter forums:

Q: Can we get some clarification on what was done regarding players who had illegitimate currency, and what steps are being taken against said players?

During Sunday’s maintenance, we took action against many players who took advantage of the bug, including but not limited to enforcing permanent bans. Those who took advantage of the exploit were permanently banned, including all "mule" account that were used to transfer illegitimately obtained AD. The rollback also pulled the damage out of the AD Exchange and Auction House. Additionally, we are performing constant ongoing investigations to identify any other accounts that received Astral Diamonds or other high value items via illegitimate means, including mule and alt accounts. Those will be permanently banned, their AD and items dissolved. Finally, we have improved our internal systems to better track the movement of currency within Neverwinter, meaning that we are more enabled to respond quickly to future reports from our users regarding potential illegitimate currency. We take this matter very seriously and would like to ensure our community that we are absolutely committed to ensuring Neverwinter is a fun, fair game for all and that exploiters are dealt with in the strictest way possible. And, again, very special thanks to our community for all the amazing support and feedback.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »

I've read elsewhere (but can't confirm) that all the exploits found about so far were posted about on the Closed Beta Boards (and immediately locked) as well as sent in as bug reports.

If true...damn.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »

hit 30 last night, kinda bummed to see only one paragon path implemented so far.  Played a really fun module, Crypts of Carnage, which was a nice little dungeon crawl.  Best player made content I've played yet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 08:51:35 PM

hit 30 last night, kinda bummed to see only one paragon path implemented so far.  Played a really fun module, Crypts of Carnage, which was a nice little dungeon crawl.  Best player made content I've played yet.

Oh snap! The gauntlet has been thrown down at Tilt's feet! slywink

I'll have to log in and get my "chest of we screwed up".

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 21, 2013, 08:48:09 PM

I've read elsewhere (but can't confirm) that all the exploits found about so far were posted about on the Closed Beta Boards (and immediately locked) as well as sent in as bug reports.

If true...damn.

I have heard this as well.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 21, 2013, 08:53:34 PM

I'll have to log in and get my "chest of we screwed up".

just got mine.  a healthstone, 2 XP boosters, a fashion mask, a useless cape that word have been better as a fashion item and a title 'Caturday Survivor'.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 08:51:35 PM

Played a really fun module, Crypts of Carnage, which was a nice little dungeon crawl.  Best player made content I've played yet.

Really?  I thought that one was pretty dull.  Tilt's quest blows that one out of the water.  I played one called "Bill's Bar" that was pretty funny.  Maybe it's just the mood I'm in today, but the "Ermagherd" zombies cracked me up.

My cleric would survive a lot longer if she would stop jumping right into the middle of the gorram mobs.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how her AI works.  Sometimes she'll hang back and sling healing spells, other times she charges right into the middle of the fray and starts swinging.   icon_confused

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 21, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 21, 2013, 10:24:20 PM

My cleric would survive a lot longer if she would stop jumping right into the middle of the gorram mobs.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how her AI works.  Sometimes she'll hang back and sling healing spells, other times she charges right into the middle of the fray and starts swinging.   icon_confused

the companion AI sucks.  I have a wayward wizard that doesn't seem to do anything when I summon him while my panther is in training.

not that the panther seems much more effective, but occasionally it will tank.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: May 22, 2013, 05:27:43 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 21, 2013, 10:38:46 PM

Quote from: Gratch on May 21, 2013, 10:24:20 PM

My cleric would survive a lot longer if she would stop jumping right into the middle of the gorram mobs.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how her AI works.  Sometimes she'll hang back and sling healing spells, other times she charges right into the middle of the fray and starts swinging.   icon_confused
the companion AI sucks.  I have a wayward wizard that doesn't seem to do anything when I summon him while my panther is in training.

not that the panther seems much more effective, but occasionally it will tank.

The Panther is even worse - like most melee companions, it tends to sit there staring at any kind of fighting. At least my Dire Wolf tends to do something from time to time. Overall, the Companion 'AI' is brain dead stupid.

So, another exploit just appeared. Apparently Cryptic was stupid enough with this MMO to ignore Rule #1 about making MMOs: Never, ever, EVER trust the Client.

Why? Someone found out that the Dashing/Sliding/whatever Stamina power (the Shift button) is stored Client side. Which has now been found by a memory editor.

Obviously this is just a slight problem in PvP and such when you can dodge unlimited times.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 22, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

/facepalm.  so, more downtime?  probably a good thing I don't have time to play most of this week.

Because I can,
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 22, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

Currently grinding up a GF, at least for now. My original choice for companion was the panther, but after I switched over to a dwarf (from human), I went with the.... defender or whatever its called. The AI still screws up, although it's not terrible. Since I'm in the thick of it, he usually is as well, and he actually tends to hold aggro better than I do, at least for now. It works fairly well.

Atomic
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: May 22, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »

Update: As I figured, said 'bug' above can allow Guardian Fighters to deal infinite damage and take none in return.

They have a feat that is basically 'the more Guard meter you have, the more damage you do'. At 100% Guard meter you do 100% more damage.

What happens when you now have say...2000% Guard meter?

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »

I use the wolf that was given with the Founders Pac. And being a 38 GF, I always see him in the midst of it with me. He's got a great knock down skill that has helped more than once.

I'm still not comfortable with all of the instancing. Puts me off playing sometimes.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2013, 03:15:04 AM »

Lvl 56.... getting up there
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2013, 05:45:47 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on May 26, 2013, 03:15:04 AM

Lvl 56.... getting up there

I hit 50 tonight.  My goal is pretty much to max level, just so I can say I did.  smile

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2013, 08:07:42 AM »

I've been spending some time with my Platesmithing, so by the time I hit level 60 (which is slow for me since I spend so much time in the Foundry), I'll have almost all high-quality purple equipment. smile
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »

Lv 46 sword and board.
Surviving with my healbot companion and enjoying instant que into skirmishes and dungeons.

I just don't know..  the game has everything I wanted out of the last batch of MMO's yet still something's off.
Dungeons feel like they go on forever to the point that I haven't bothered with the last two it told me to go into.
In game gold feels useless. The in game diamond currency buys so many things but is nowhere nearly as obtainable unless you are dedicated to daily questing.
Could just be that everything you would want to upgrade costs real money when some of those things just shouldn't.
Bank space? Inventory bags? Followers that can go past lv15? Anything a tiny more unique than a basic brown horse? SKILL RE-SPEC?!?

Gonna hit 60 just to say I did and check back from time to time to see where the game is going.

Gonna eat your face
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2013, 10:11:30 PM »

So, if you're a Guardian Fighter (sword and board), it's time to look at the AH. Apparently you can use all your Epic Tier gear (or some of it, not really sure) starting at level...38.

Instead of 60.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296872-Guardian-Fighter-s-T1-set-requires-level-38-God-******-Cryptic

....oops.

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2013, 01:55:15 AM »

Just hit 60 and spent a lot of my astral diamonds from founder to gear up. Burnt though, so I'll wait a day or two to try out the high lvl stuff (and finish the last couple SP areas).
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2013, 04:20:31 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 26, 2013, 10:11:30 PM

So, if you're a Guardian Fighter (sword and board), it's time to look at the AH. Apparently you can use all your Epic Tier gear (or some of it, not really sure) starting at level...38.

Instead of 60.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?296872-Guardian-Fighter-s-T1-set-requires-level-38-God-******-Cryptic

....oops.

Interesting. I decided to upgrade my weaponry yesterday since I was using a 10 levels old weapon at level 47, and went to the AH. I was surprised to see that there was next to no difference between level 38 and 60 weaponry, but I attributed it to a balance issue. I've been running around with one of those weapons since, in good faith. I hope this doesn't make them consider me an exploiter.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2013, 05:25:27 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on May 27, 2013, 01:55:15 AM

Just hit 60 and spent a lot of my astral diamonds from founder to gear up. Burnt though, so I'll wait a day or two to try out the high lvl stuff (and finish the last couple SP areas).

I'd been sitting on 600K+ AD for the last few weeks, and finally decided to just bite the bullet and buy some purple gear.  (I got all the way to 50 with all greens and only 2 or 3 blues along the way. icon_redface)  Blew through about half of my AD's tonight, but it's makes a huge difference in both looks and performance.  More than doubled my gear score when I equipped all the new gear, and I haven't even bothered enchanting any of it yet.

I hit lvl 55 right before logging off, and it looks like I've only got about 1 1/2 zones to go to wrap up the main SP story.  Doubt I'll spend much time with Neverwinter after that, until I decide to roll an alt somewhere down the line.

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »

How do you tell your gear score?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on May 27, 2013, 02:41:00 PM

How do you tell your gear score?

Gear score is over on the right side of the character panel (circled in red below).  And yes, I know I need to enchant my new stuff.  smile

I love the look of my new gear, especially after I died it red.

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »

Mages helms look dumb... I'd not wear one at all if I didn't want the stats...
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:50 PM »

Yeah, the GF helm is a little silly too...especially with the horse perched on top.  I think there's an option for helms not to display, would need to look.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 27, 2013, 03:42:50 PM

Yeah, the GF helm is a little silly too...especially with the horse perched on top.  I think there's an option for helms not to display, would need to look.

Correct. Just right click the item in your inventory and you'll see an option to hide the visual. You can do so for the necklace as well.

vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2013, 06:01:08 AM »

Hey all, if any of you have time, I'd appreciate a run through and review of my submitted foundry quest smile Counts towards daily.

Campaign Name: CH. 1 - Don't "Count" on it by @vaelic76

Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
Mission Type: Story/Mystery/Combat
Average Duration:15-20 minutes
Amount of Combat: Average
Starts At: Protector's Enclave
Mission Summary: A mysterious figure called "The Count" is rumored to dwell within the city of Protector's Enclave. Does this mysterious figure exist? Embark on an adventure where nothing is as it seems and the mystery unravels!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:45:27 PM by vizionblind » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 30, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »

Hit 60 last night...only the 2nd time in my gaming career that I've maxed an MMO character.   icon_cool  The SP storyline has really lost steam towards the end, and with the promise of additional character advancement gone, I'm not sure I'll bother to push through and wrap it up.  I'd definitely say I got my money's worth and would certainly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

I'll be interested to come back to it a few months from now and check out the Foundry content once people get more familiar with using it.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2013, 02:46:41 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 30, 2013, 02:58:45 PM

Hit 60 last night...only the 2nd time in my gaming career that I've maxed an MMO character.   icon_cool  The SP storyline has really lost steam towards the end, and with the promise of additional character advancement gone, I'm not sure I'll bother to push through and wrap it up.  I'd definitely say I got my money's worth and would certainly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

I'll be interested to come back to it a few months from now and check out the Foundry content once people get more familiar with using it.

Yep, hit 60 today on my Wiz. 45 on my Cleric and 22 on my Rogue. Think I'll hang it up for awhile too.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 05, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »

Hit 60 last night...only the 2nd time in my gaming career that I've maxed an MMO character.   icon_cool  The SP storyline has really lost steam towards the end, and with the promise of additional character advancement gone, I'm not sure I'll bother to push through and wrap it up.  I'd definitely say I got my money's worth and would certainly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Try my foundry quest. post above yours
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 05, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »

there's been a few decent things released, but yeah, a few months from now we'll probably start seeing releases from those truly committed to the game.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: