http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 02:34:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 19510 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2013, 11:08:04 PM »

Didn't you guys say you could invite to guild across server?  We just tried (I am on Dragon) and it didn't work. frown

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2013, 11:17:30 PM »

that's the impression we were under.  I'm searching through the official forums to see if there are any reports of issues; if it wasn't supposed to work that way I'm not sure why we would get an option to invite you unless the system is just badly done.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »

well crud... looking over the FAQ I saw this:

Can I team up and play with people who are on different shards?

No, you may only team up and play with characters on the same shard.

nothing about Guild invites, but I'm assuming this applies to that as well.  They're merging all the servers together at some point, but don't have a timeline other than 'soon after the launch'.  so it looks like anyone who wants to join the Wanderers right away will have to join Mindflayer for now.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 09, 2013, 10:19:17 PM

Quote from: Teggy on May 09, 2013, 09:47:34 PM

Sometimes I hate MMOs - already people talking a zone chat looking for people to run dungeons specifying minimum gearscore. Luckily there is plenty of content in the game to play without dealing with people like that.
It's not really my thing, but I believe Neverwinter has a tiered dungeon system that requires a certain gear score before a player can participate. This might be why these players are specifying the scores they need.

Correct - the 'epic' dungeons (of which there's not only a level 60 version of all the dungeons, but a Tier 1 and Tier 2 version of them) flat out require a certain gear score just to enter. Although I've heard that if you complete the dungeon, you'll at least get a piece of gear that's great for tiering up in for your class.

Also, as mentioned, Cryptic has said that classes will be free to all. And they've said that the Drow will be free 60ish days after NW launched.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 10, 2013, 11:33:55 PM

Also, as mentioned, Cryptic has said that classes will be free to all. And they've said that the Drow will be free 60ish days after NW launched.

yep, but you'll either have to decide which character you're going to delete if you've already used up your 2 character slots or buy an additional character slot.  I think they're hoping most people won't want to get rid of old characters.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2013, 05:50:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 10, 2013, 11:42:17 PM

yep, but you'll either have to decide which character you're going to delete if you've already used up your 2 character slots or buy an additional character slot.  I think they're hoping most people won't want to get rid of old characters.

Character slots are one of the reasonable things to buy - 2 slots for $5 (500 Zen).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2013, 10:08:57 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 11, 2013, 05:50:21 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 10, 2013, 11:42:17 PM

Character slots are one of the reasonable things to buy - 2 slots for $5 (500 Zen).

that's not bad; cheap enough that most people won't care but just enough to possibly make a nice surge in incoming money every few class/race releases.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2013, 02:21:34 AM »

For some reason, still playing this. this is the longest stretch I've gone in one shot on an MMO... Also hit L32 which is the highest level in any MMO I ever made it too.. I think this is the main reason I am liking it.. Leveling doesn't seem like a chore and it doesn't feel like i am grinding away just to level... I am leveling by just following the quests and being able to do so solo is a major plus for me... While I don't mind grouping, I generally avoid it because:
1) Grouping sometimes feels like a chore
2) When I group it tends to be with people who just keep plowing through their quests without seeing what anyone else has or needs.
3) I never know how long I will play for and don't like abandoning a group right away.. sometimes I might only play for 1 quest or sometimes for 4 hours...

But still i generally like the game. not happy about the bag situation, even though I bought some.. felt like I really needed them...
and still have no idea what I need the regular gold/silver/copper for.. I haven't bought anything with it yet...
and as was mentioned.. WAAAAYYYY too many currencies...
have gold/silver/copper, 1 paid currency, and maybe one more(seals, or AD).. It's such a pain, that i'm not even worrying about buying anything with them... just bought the mid level founders pack and some bags, everything else is picked up by being found...

and question....
I am confused about some equipment levels... I have a blue L9 dagger, that no matter what seems to be recommended over my found green daggers, even though the damage is higher on the greens and so are the bonus effects.. any idea why?
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2013, 02:52:17 AM »

I think rareness overwhelms quality in the reccomendations for quite a while for some reason. Does not mean it is better.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2013, 04:49:50 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 13, 2013, 02:21:34 AM

and still have no idea what I need the regular gold/silver/copper for.. I haven't bought anything with it yet...

Potions and skill kits are what you're most likely to spend coin on early on, but later (if you craft) you'll find that you also need tons of it to purchase common ingredients. I need enormous amounts of coal for my high-level Platesmithing for example, and those cost 1 gold for 20 coal.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2013, 06:43:10 AM »

I am confused about some equipment levels... I have a blue L9 dagger, that no matter what seems to be recommended over my found green daggers, even though the damage is higher on the greens and so are the bonus effects.. any idea why?

Because Cryptic is stupid.

Price to the vendor is the ONLY thing the 'recommended' system looks at. The ONLY thing.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 13, 2013, 06:43:10 AM

Price to the vendor is the ONLY thing the 'recommended' system looks at. The ONLY thing.

Proof:

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 13, 2013, 12:15:56 PM

Quote from: Destructor on May 13, 2013, 06:43:10 AM

Proof:

Hey that's me!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »

Quote from: Jag on May 13, 2013, 02:41:36 PM

Hey that's me!

I stole it from the OO thread.   ninja

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »

2) When I group it tends to be with people who just keep plowing through their quests without seeing what anyone else has or needs.

This is one of my biggest issues with groups.  I'm the odd person who actually enjoys finding out of the way places, actually reading quest text, and generally taking in the atmosphere of a game.  Every time I've grouped, it's all about running from quest marker to quest marker as fast as possible and never bothering to smell the virtual roses.  That's not what I enjoy, hence why 99% of my MMO playtime is solo.  smile

3) I never know how long I will play for and don't like abandoning a group right away.. sometimes I might only play for 1 quest or sometimes for 4 hours...

Yeah, MMO's and small children in the house are a particularly bad combination. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

well everyone knows blue is better than green, so that's why it's recommended! :p

Because I can,
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 13, 2013, 04:12:54 PM

well everyone knows blue is better than green, so that's why it's recommended! :p

If Cryptic did that on purpose it would the best troll ever. Unfortunately the way they actually did do it, isn't too far off from trolling its customers.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »

Even if "Recommended" worked, I'd ignore it since it has no idea what build I'm going for.  For example, I'd use an item with overall lower stats if it had a higher single stat that I'm speccing for.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »

OK, stupid question - if you do the dungeon delves event an it says "chest unlocked", is there an actual extra chest, or is it just extra loot when you open the boss chest?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2013, 05:55:49 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 14, 2013, 01:22:56 PM

OK, stupid question - if you do the dungeon delves event an it says "chest unlocked", is there an actual extra chest, or is it just extra loot when you open the boss chest?

AFAIK, it's just extra loot.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2013, 10:14:28 PM »

Anyone seen any bugginess with Foundry dailies?  I did Tilt's first quest and it said it was eligible for the Foundry daily, but I completed it and didn't get credit for the daily.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2013, 10:31:13 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 15, 2013, 10:14:28 PM

Anyone seen any bugginess with Foundry dailies?  I did Tilt's first quest and it said it was eligible for the Foundry daily, but I completed it and didn't get credit for the daily.

Had the exact same thing happen to me on the same quest.  Gotta be a bug.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2013, 04:31:19 AM »

My quest is jumping back and forth between qualified and not qualified these days because it's being farmed, so you probably just played it as it transition from qualified to not qualified.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 16, 2013, 04:31:19 AM

My quest is jumping back and forth between qualified and not qualified these days because it's being farmed, so you probably just played it as it transition from qualified to not qualified.

It had the green text when I clicked on it to accept it. frown

By the way, I really enjoyed what you did there.  Also, I freaking love this game.  I thought I was done with MMOs, but for some reason this one has its hooks in me.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »

Sekret frming spot, dead men tell no tales:

http://thehalflingherald.blogspot.com/2013/05/low-level-astral-diamond-farming-video.html
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »

Quote from: Jag on May 16, 2013, 02:16:41 PM

Ug, I'd rather just do something fun for an hour, even that means playing a different game. I learned my lessons with Rift - grinding is just not something I'm willing to do anymore.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »

You don't need to grind it. It's just another little 'mini-game' by doing a node hunt. You can get some fast profession mats either for yourself or to sell. Sometimes when I'm tired of questing or PvP, I'll mix it up with some node farming. Just another thing to do for variety.

The Profession bonus is also only 1/2 hour long and pops up at various times during the day. The nice thing with the low level areas is that you can't aggro the creatures even if you stand on them.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »

Quote from: Jag on May 16, 2013, 03:28:58 PM

You don't need to grind it. It's just another little 'mini-game' by doing a node hunt. You can get some fast profession mats either for yourself or to sell. Sometimes when I'm tired of questing or PvP, I'll mix it up with some node farming. Just another thing to do for variety.

The Profession bonus is also only 1/2 hour long and pops up at various times during the day. The nice thing with the low level areas is that you can't aggro the creatures even if you stand on them.

Farming, grinding, same basic thing. In Rift I used to run circuits to collect mats to create whetstones for the guild. Horrible waste of time.

Not to mention what's being done here is essentially an exploit.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 16, 2013, 03:32:13 PM

Farming, grinding, same basic thing. In Rift I used to run circuits to collect mats to create whetstones for the guild. Horrible waste of time.

How is farming items an exploit? I've done it in every MMO. Typically by the time you finish a circuit, your node has reappeared. Also the instance change is on a timer, so they are aware of the ability to instance change to reset nodes.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

I figured out a similar route for the Spy Catcher contest in Black Dagger.  got first place a couple of times by running the same path back and forth  catch the first one, go down the path catching them all, run back to the beginning just as the spy respawned.; you'd think they'd have randomized where the spies appeared a little bit.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »

Quote from: Jag on May 16, 2013, 05:23:43 PM

Quote from: Teggy on May 16, 2013, 03:32:13 PM

How is farming items an exploit? I've done it in every MMO. Typically by the time you finish a circuit, your node has reappeared. Also the instance change is on a timer, so they are aware of the ability to instance change to reset nodes.

The instance change is the exploit, not the farming. They have to allow for reasonably frequent instance changes due to grouping. This is taking advantage of that fact.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:34:13 PM by Teggy » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »

been noticing a ton of slowness on the loading screens today, and found out this tip I'm going to try.  if you start the launcher, click options and select 'disable patch on demand' it'll download all the info it would normally only download when you visit an area.  granted you'll have a big download (I ended up having to wait for 2 gigs of files to download) but it should mean less waiting.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2013, 12:32:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 18, 2013, 11:20:49 PM

been noticing a ton of slowness on the loading screens today, and found out this tip I'm going to try.  if you start the launcher, click options and select 'disable patch on demand' it'll download all the info it would normally only download when you visit an area.  granted you'll have a big download (I ended up having to wait for 2 gigs of files to download) but it should mean less waiting.

I did that this morning and haven't had any problems today.  Was waiting 5-10 minutes to zone the last couple days.

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2013, 01:51:23 AM »

Ooo, I'll try that. Yeah, the on demand patching is a pain and slow.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »

Like that tip about patching!. What i'm gonna do is leave it unchecked if I'm going to play, since I don't hit too many areas in one sitting, then when I'm done for the day, enable it and relogin so that the big download can be done while i'm doing something else.. Like now.. going to bed soon, so letting the full download go overnight..
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

I haven't enjoyed a mmorpg in quite awhile but something about this one just clicks. Have not even gotten one class to 10 yet but so far it appears they have nailed down the hardest part of a modern MMORPG : catering to both the hardcore and casual fans. I see they have one character class coming soon.  Have they given a launch time for that yet?  Also, do they plan on adding more (I certainly hope so) and how often?  Not sure if they have discussed that yet.  I already bought two extra slots and would gladly buy more if they had more variety ; Ranger class, two weapon fighter, alternate healing class, alternate mage, etc.  While balancing can't be easy there are a ton of ways they can go with that.

Vesides slots and maybe a bag of holding, is there anything else wroth saving this Zen for?  Companions or mounts maybe?  Any reason not to convert it to the AD currency or another one? (just how many 'currencies' are there anyway....biggest gripe with the game) 

morlac00 on PSN
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2013, 04:28:37 PM »

I'm feeling the itch to roll up an alt.  This is a new thing for me, as I typically just run one character all the way through until I burn out.  A couple questions:

-  Are the Founders Pack items (mount, companion, initial weapons, etc) available for all characters on an account, or only the first one you roll?
-  can you transfer AD, gold, and equipment between characters on the same account, or do you have to start from scratch for each alt?
-  any opinions on which is the funnest class to play?  I'll be doing 95% PvE with a few skirmishes or dungeons mixed in.  Currently playing a Lvl 40 Guardian Fighter.

TIA for the input.  smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 19, 2013, 04:28:37 PM

-  Are the Founders Pack items (mount, companion, initial weapons, etc) available for all characters on an account, or only the first one you roll?

most of them are except the Adventurer's Helper Pack.  for Hero and Guardian it is listed one per account; not sure about the Starter Founder's Pack.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »

So they discovered some individuals using an AH exploit.    Apparently been watching them.

I understand they needed downtime to fix the exploit, but wipe out half of a weekend day to do so?    Couldn't they ban the accounts and schedule downtime for early tomorrow morning?

And their twitter says:  "character wipes are off the table"    Wise move, because at this point if my character was wiped I probably wouldn't go back to the game.  :/
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on May 19, 2013, 11:33:51 PM

So they discovered some individuals using an AH exploit.    Apparently been watching them.

I understand they needed downtime to fix the exploit, but wipe out half of a weekend day to do so?    Couldn't they ban the accounts and schedule downtime for early tomorrow morning?

And their twitter says:  "character wipes are off the table"    Wise move, because at this point if my character was wiped I probably wouldn't go back to the game.  :/

This is now the second time in the last couple weeks that they've gone offline for major maintenance during "prime time" hours.  Again, I know this is still "beta" (although I think that title should go out the window as soon as they start actively taking people's money) but that's certainly not an encouraging sign for them moving forward.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: