http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 04:04:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 19080 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »

Anyone know how to convert the AD's into Zen?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 01, 2013, 02:34:15 PM

Anyone know how to convert the AD's into Zen?

You have to sell your AD to a player who's offering Zen for them. One of the buttons at the top of the screen is dedicated to this functionality. I would be a little careful right now though. There's an abundance of AD on the market due to the Founders receiving large amounts of them. This means that you'll currently only get 1 Zen per 500 AD or so, which is about as expensive as it gets for you. It's better to wait a little for the market to calm down. If this becomes anything like Star Trek Online, the final price will probably end up somewhere in the vicinity of 1 Zen per 200 AD.

This also means that if you have Zen and want AD for them, this is the best time to do so. The prices will probably never again be this good.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »

you can also earn Zen by doing surveys found here.  the length and amount given varies, but if you're bored at work you might be able to score some free Zen.  I've found hitting refresh sometimes gives you new free survey options.

about the only drawback is you may not be eligible for one. or you might get a bit into another and find it saying 'sorry, you're not qualified' due to the last answer, which can make them seem like a puzzle as you try and figure out what they want to hear.  All the ones I have done haven't asked for personal info; if they do I just skip them.

I've gotten about 200 zen from it by doing a couple of them and wasting maybe 10 minutes, enough for a lockbox key.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

you can also earn Zen by doing surveys found here.  the length and amount given varies, but if you're bored at work you might be able to score some free Zen.  I've found hitting refresh sometimes gives you new free survey options.

about the only drawback is you may not be eligible for one. or you might get a bit into another and find it saying 'sorry, you're not qualified' due to the last answer, which can make them seem like a puzzle as you try and figure out what they want to hear.  All the ones I have done haven't asked for personal info; if they do I just skip them.

I've gotten about 200 zen from it by doing a couple of them and wasting maybe 10 minutes, enough for a lockbox key.

Wow.  I went through all of the top ones and was DQ'd from all of em.  heheheh

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 01, 2013, 03:07:15 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

Wow.  I went through all of the top ones and was DQ'd from all of em.  heheheh

Me too  icon_evil
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »

Its probably because its maintenance time.

A new one
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »

I played Tilt's mission last night.  No complaints, it was pretty well done.  Only problem I had was the outdoor area seemed laggy for some reason.  Not sure if this is due to server load.  Unfortunately all the text was putting me to sleep, I shouldn't have started it at 1 AM when the queues finally let me in.  I knew going in that it was text heavy but I wanted the foundry bonus and the quest length said 20 mins although I think it took me longer than that.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »

Quote from: skystride on May 01, 2013, 05:54:45 PM

I played Tilt's mission last night.  No complaints, it was pretty well done.  Only problem I had was the outdoor area seemed laggy for some reason.  Not sure if this is due to server load.  Unfortunately all the text was putting me to sleep, I shouldn't have started it at 1 AM when the queues finally let me in.  I knew going in that it was text heavy but I wanted the foundry bonus and the quest length said 20 mins although I think it took me longer than that.

The lag was due to server issues with the amount of players. It has nothing to do with my quest. Also, never take the average time for granted. A lot of people don't read even a single word of the quest dialogues and do nothing but run towards the end as fast as they can. Expect to spend more time than what the estimate says.

By the way, don't play the sequel (The Lanaar Legacy) unless you've got some time to spare. The current average time is about 45 minutes, making it one of the longer Foundry missions out there as far as I can tell. smile
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »

I believe all the lag and server shutdown were all caused by people playing Tilt's adventure!!!!   icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:14 AM »

Plainsrunner on Mindflayer
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2013, 02:46:01 AM »

Yeah, I like that they give you the average play time. Very helpful.

Quote from: TiLT on May 01, 2013, 06:00:13 PM

Quote from: skystride on May 01, 2013, 05:54:45 PM

The lag was due to server issues with the amount of players. It has nothing to do with my quest. Also, never take the average time for granted. A lot of people don't read even a single word of the quest dialogues and do nothing but run towards the end as fast as they can. Expect to spend more time than what the estimate says.

By the way, don't play the sequel (The Lanaar Legacy) unless you've got some time to spare. The current average time is about 45 minutes, making it one of the longer Foundry missions out there as far as I can tell. smile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2013, 04:41:31 AM »

It's worth mentioning that the reward you get at the end of a Foundry quest is supposed to be based on the duration. This means that longer quests will give better rewards in the end. Of course, you have no guarantee that the reward will be for your class for some reason, and a lot of players are punishing the Foundry authors for this by rating us low. Tongue
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »

Well, a few observation and maybe some criticism.  I played up to lvl 11 yesterday and I haven't felt a grind yet and I like the active combat and the situational awareness you need to have.  I missed a lvl 8 Skirmish because I couldn't find a group which leads me to my first complaint, no group finder and I don't mean the social panel and searching for groups.   A group finder is a staple in MMO and I know it's still beta, but if this is final release that's no excuse.  My second complaint at these early levels all classes have the same look.  My Tiefling Rogue looks like a Half-ellf rogue when it comes to gear.  Maybe this changes the higher you go up, but it this stage it's a turn off. 

Oh i see you can re-assign keys which is well and good, but the game doesn't like my logitech gaming mice.  While I have the options to reassign to mouse button 3-6 none of the keys will work.

I am having fun, nonetheless.  I just wish I could find some of you guys online.   I'm on as @soulchilde

Oh, Tilt I plan to run Hidden Blade this evening after work.  Looking forward to it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »

The game does feature a group finder, and it's really easy to use. It only works for dungeons/skirmishes within your level range though. You'll find it in one of the four tabs when you hit L (the same window that pops up when you log in). Your success with this tool depends on your class. If you're playing one of the more popular DPS classes, expect to sit in a queue for a little while. If you're playing a tank or healer, expect to jump into your chosen instance almost immediately. The three times I've tried this as a Guardian Fighter, I was in a group within seconds.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 02, 2013, 10:17:00 AM

The game does feature a group finder, and it's really easy to use. It only works for dungeons/skirmishes within your level range though. You'll find it in one of the four tabs when you hit L (the same window that pops up when you log in). Your success with this tool depends on your class. If you're playing one of the more popular DPS classes, expect to sit in a queue for a little while. If you're playing a tank or healer, expect to jump into your chosen instance almost immediately. The three times I've tried this as a Guardian Fighter, I was in a group within seconds.

Woah..   I guess I need to look better I could have sworn I looked at that window.  Thanks, Tilt

NiM$
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »

I believe the shortcut to the queue system is 'K'.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2013, 10:55:46 AM »

I've only tried mouse 4 on my logitech gaming mouse, but it works fine
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »

I had a theory I tested out this morning and it was confirmed.  I queued up an 18 hour crafting right before the maintenance and it was done 3 hours later when servers came back up.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »

Let me get this straight -- you can basically DM your own dungeons in this?  In other words, you can create dungeons and put them out there for people to run?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on May 02, 2013, 04:48:44 PM

Let me get this straight -- you can basically DM your own dungeons in this?  In other words, you can create dungeons and put them out there for people to run?

Yes.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2013, 05:16:24 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 02, 2013, 03:43:12 PM

I had a theory I tested out this morning and it was confirmed.  I queued up an 18 hour crafting right before the maintenance and it was done 3 hours later when servers came back up.

Ooh, I'm going to exploit this! slywink
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »

That's my Hark  thumbsup

NiM$
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »

I quite like the combat in this. Are there no archers in D&D or just this game? I had to play a melee character  eek

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 02, 2013, 11:57:45 PM

I quite like the combat in this. Are there no archers in D&D or just this game? I had to play a melee character  eek

Archer should be coming out soon, they are probably saving it for "release" or for $$$.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:01 AM »

Ok... I figured out that I need to give you rats more info on my player name to add me as a friend:

plainsrunner@nomadrt
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »

Yup. All crafting is real time, so you can do things when you're not around.

Also, go here:

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

This site allows you to not only see your characters when you're not playing, but also craft, check your mail, and visit the auction house. It works best in IE (for some reason), but a wide range of browsers (including some mobile ones) work with it.

Also, via datamining, Archery Ranger, Scourge Warlock, and the Dragonborn Race have been found. The question is when they will release them.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 03, 2013, 12:57:38 AM

Yup. All crafting is real time, so you can do things when you're not around.

Also, go here:

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

This site allows you to not only see your characters when you're not playing, but also craft, check your mail, and visit the auction house. It works best in IE (for some reason), but a wide range of browsers (including some mobile ones) work with it.

Also, via datamining, Archery Ranger, Scourge Warlock, and the Dragonborn Race have been found. The question is when they will release them.

I knew that, I think you missed the part where I shaved 15 hours off the real time timer  ninja
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »

Did the servers all just crash or is it just me? Got into game for about 5 minutes then received a Disconnected from Server message now the launcher wont even open up, keeps saying can't find the patch server. Tried checking the forums but they seem down as well??
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2013, 01:50:41 AM »

Pretty sure they crashed.   I can't get in.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2013, 03:06:24 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 02, 2013, 05:15:42 PM

Let me get this straight -- you can basically DM your own dungeons in this?  In other words, you can create dungeons and put them out there for people to run?

Yes.

Sorry if you answered this earlier, but are the quests people build specifically designed for solo or group, or do they scale?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2013, 04:31:36 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 03, 2013, 03:06:24 AM

Let me get this straight -- you can basically DM your own dungeons in this?  In other words, you can create dungeons and put them out there for people to run?

Yes.

Sorry if you answered this earlier, but are the quests people build specifically designed for solo or group, or do they scale?

The system is mostly designed for solo quests right now with no scaling, but this will likely change in the future (there was group scaling in earlier beta weekends). Some people are designing group quests in other ways though, for example with large amounts of enemies.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2013, 10:03:36 AM »

Tilt I think it's your mission, but I talked to the first guy in the room and declined the quest, but I was still trapped in the room with no way to leave.  Was this a design decision?   

Had to log and didn't want to quit in the middle of your quest.   

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 03, 2013, 10:03:36 AM

Tilt I think it's your mission, but I talked to the first guy in the room and declined the quest, but I was still trapped in the room with no way to leave.  Was this a design decision?   

That can't be my quest. There's a door that allows you to leave at any time. However, even that is superfluous since you've got an exit button next to your minimap whenever you play Foundry content.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »

What server you guys playing on?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2013, 06:25:42 PM »

Dragon for me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2013, 06:37:22 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 03, 2013, 06:13:41 PM

What server you guys playing on?

Mindflayer here, and I believe a bunch of the Wanderers have set up there as well for extended ERP sessions.  supposedly at some point all the servers are going to be combined into one giant one, so at some point we will all be one big, happy family.

ps. look for Ritt's eventual Foundry quest line "The Kidnapping of Princess CeeKay", "Harkonis's Codpiece and Beyond" and "Rittchard Unchained".

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 03, 2013, 04:31:36 AM

Quote from: Teggy on May 03, 2013, 03:06:24 AM

Yes.

The system is mostly designed for solo quests right now with no scaling, but this will likely change in the future (there was group scaling in earlier beta weekends). Some people are designing group quests in other ways though, for example with large amounts of enemies.

What level is your quest designed for?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 03, 2013, 06:38:04 PM

Foundry quests scale to whatever level you are.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2013, 06:43:11 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 03, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

Quote from: Teggy on May 03, 2013, 06:38:04 PM

Foundry quests scale to whatever level you are.

Ah OK, because I read the descriptions on some and they said they were intended for specific level ranges.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 03, 2013, 01:15:17 AM

I knew that, I think you missed the part where I shaved 15 hours off the real time timer  ninja

....ooooh.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: