http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 01:55:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 22817 times)
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »

This is a very different type of MMO from DDO, so a burnout from that game shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't feel like your typical MMO either, though it does fill a lot of the tropes anyway. It's not a WoW-clone.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »

Is there a level where I get the founders astral diamonds?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on April 29, 2013, 10:53:35 AM

You should be able to get them by level 5 I believe, just open the astral diamond page and claim them.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 29, 2013, 11:12:17 AM

You should be able to get them by level 5 I believe, just open the astral diamond page and claim them.

WARNING! The Astral Diamonds are BOUND to the character you claim them on, so please don't accidentially delete it, and make sure its one you want to play with!

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 29, 2013, 11:23:04 AM

WARNING! The Astral Diamonds are BOUND to the character you claim them on, so please don't accidentially delete it, and make sure its one you want to play with!

you can also choose not to claim them all at once.  so far I've only claimed a small portion with my main character.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »

What's a good solo class? (I know all are soloable). Thinking of going Cleric. Seemed pretty good from the beta.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2013, 04:02:57 PM »

Quote from: Jag on April 29, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

What's a good solo class? (I know all are soloable). Thinking of going Cleric. Seemed pretty good from the beta.

been going solo with the Trickster rogue and haven't died yet in 22 levels, although I did come close once with a bad pull and an unlucky creature respawn in Black Dagger.

Because I can,
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2013, 10:57:13 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 29, 2013, 11:23:04 AM

Actually, you can trade them to other characters you own on the same Shard. 

Put them on the ... whatever the way to sell them is, then cancel the sale.  It goes into something that you can claim from any character you have on the shard.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2013, 07:48:52 AM »

The Open Beta becomes available to everyone today, 8 hours from the time of writing. I'm looking forward to impressions from the non-Founder crowd. smile

Just so this is clear, there will be no more character wipes. So even though this is called a beta, it's actually just a soft launch for the game.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 07:48:52 AM

The Open Beta becomes available to everyone today, 8 hours from the time of writing. I'm looking forward to impressions from the non-Founder crowd. smile

Just so this is clear, there will be no more character wipes. So even though this is called a beta, it's actually just a soft launch for the game.

thanks for the heads up.  Will download today.   Heard the developer last game was f2p and was basically p2w, but I'll give this a try anyway since you're all fans

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »

It's not P2W at all. The things you can buy are pretty much only convenience items, such as things that give you a boost in crafting, a faster mount, and so on. All of these things can be obtained through regular play. The game is actually very generous in its F2P solution compared to many other games in that genre. There are currently no restrictions on race and class (with the exception of the 60-day Hero level exclusive Drow race) for example, so you don't have to pay to play the character you really want. We don't know what'll happen when they add more character classes though. You have access to all the game's content without paying anything and without any special grinding. Of course, your playstyle will have to adjust if you're going to buy a mount with gold instead of Astral Diamonds for example, but that's how it is.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2013, 04:26:54 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 01:51:01 PM

We don't know what'll happen when they add more character classes though.

I can see them charging for them, but I can also see them relying on people to buy more character slots instead so they don't have to trash old characters to try out the new class.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »

There is a degree of pay-to-win. I've already accumulated a hockey-sock full of lock box's. Of course you need to spend real money to get the key for them. There is a chance of super rare's being in them. Including weapon; I was in game yesterday and one guy said he's opened over 10 of them so far. Then linked some very nice stuff from them into chat.
Feels like pay to win when I hear that.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »

you can exchange Astral Diamonds that you earn in-game for Zen to buy the keys, haven't tried doing so yet so I'm not sure how well it works.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »

looks like there is a ton of people on today.  Lag is pretty bad; I'd click on a merchant and it'd take about 30 seconds for the game to respond.  same thing with selling items.  leaving an inn took about a minute to register, and then it was rubberbanding time outside.  logged off before I got to any mobs, figure I'll give them a bit to stabilize the servers.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »

They're having some issues right now, but they're working on resolving them. They're posting updates as they happen in this thread.

I'm spending some time in the Foundry, working on my third quest, while this resolves. Turns out A Hidden Blade got featured again today and a patch was released that multiplied the maximum tips by 5, which I'm certainly noticing. I've probably earned more than 20k Astral Diamonds today on my Foundry content alone. smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 08:32:24 PM

They're having some issues right now, but they're working on resolving them. They're posting updates as they happen in this thread.

I'm spending some time in the Foundry, working on my third quest, while this resolves. Turns out A Hidden Blade got featured again today and a patch was released that multiplied the maximum tips by 5, which I'm certainly noticing. I've probably earned more than 20k Astral Diamonds today on my Foundry content alone. smile

I don't know if you noticed, but I played your adventure, and it's certainly merited that you get the astral diamonds - well done!

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 30, 2013, 08:45:56 PM

I don't know if you noticed, but I played your adventure, and it's certainly merited that you get the astral diamonds - well done!

I noticed. Thanks! smile Just started working on the third quest in the campaign when the servers went down for maintenance. I've got a pretty clear idea of how it's going to work, and I can't wait to make it.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »

Ok...   so I think I'll get in on this.    Where do I download it?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on April 30, 2013, 09:10:42 PM

Ok...   so I think I'll get in on this.    Where do I download it?

here's the main site with the download link and account stuff.

Because I can,
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2013, 09:24:47 PM »

Ok, this queue is BS.  It's bad enough getting one of the packs and still waiting (expected on the first day of real open beta) but it keeps going up instead of down which is the actual irritating part.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »

The Hero-level Founders get to move to the front of the queue, so that's probably what you're seeing. Don't worry though. This is launch day. If there's one day when you should expect to see a queue, it's today. This is the first time I've seen one yet.

Also, there's no queue for the Foundry if anyone wants to dabble with that. You need a level 15 character first though, unless you're a Hero-level Founder (or published a quest in the closed beta).
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »

Anyone have some good foundry missions to try?

Agh, queue position #4042... I'll try later when more servers are up again... not loving that though.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:03:56 PM by Azhag » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on April 30, 2013, 10:01:21 PM

Anyone have some good foundry missions to try?

Just use the Foundry browser. However, here's a tip: The quests at the top of the list may not at all be the ones with the best reviews. The catalog prioritizes quests with a combination of a high rating and plenty of plays, but it won't prioritize a quest that has just one of those two. Instead of looking at the relative position in the list, just scroll down (and maybe even way down. There are some real gems down there) and look for the star symbols. Those are the actual average review score. Pick the ones that seem to have the most stars and whose descriptions match what you want to play. Currently the quests at the top are heavily skewed towards ultra-hard group content. Also, one of my quests is among the two topmost quests in the list right now since it's featured. That means the developers consider these missions to be good representations of the Foundry's capabilities, so they may be worth looking into. More quests will be featured over time.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2013, 10:45:45 PM »

Ah login queues! My old nemesis, how I've missed thee! #13,626 I've now been sitting in a queue for 30+ minutes. I realize its day one of a new title but sorry after 15 years of historical data to work from queues of this magnitude are unacceptable. Mybe I'll give the game another go in a week or so but too many other games to play to sit and wait for hours to login.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2013, 07:53:51 PM

you can exchange Astral Diamonds that you earn in-game for Zen to buy the keys, haven't tried doing so yet so I'm not sure how well it works.
Like you I received 600k of AD's. I've been doing some "light" digging around on how to exchange AD's for Zen. I'll keep looking.

My lv-18 Guardian Half-Elf is starting to come into his own now. Consistently top the charts on dungeon crawls. I hit my big taunt, and go to town. They really do handle damage like a true tank.

Its growing on me. I just hope that they don't get carried away with the cash items and make the game miserable for the FTP crowd. I'm sure it will depend on how great the response is to Zen items.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »

Quote from: Abaddon on April 30, 2013, 10:45:45 PM

Ah login queues! My old nemesis, how I've missed thee! #13,626 I've now been sitting in a queue for 30+ minutes. I realize its day one of a new title but sorry after 15 years of historical data to work from queues of this magnitude are unacceptable. Mybe I'll give the game another go in a week or so but too many other games to play to sit and wait for hours to login.

It's a display bug. The queues aren't anywhere near that size. They are working on fixing that as well. I believe this is the first time the queue has ever come into effect with this game, so it's the first time anyone got a chance to see it in action and check whether or not it truly worked. The queue didn't even appear during the stress test hour in beta weekend 3.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »

It's downloading for me.    On my crappy DSL connection....  so I'll see you guys sometime next week.     thumbsdown   frown
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2013, 11:42:21 PM »

queues? 

* CeeKay looks at the long line, walks up to the bouncer, winks and shakes his ass a little bit

* Bouncer lifts the velvet rope and lets CeeKay in

biggrin

the VIP lounge at the Moonstone Mask is kind of a let down, a bit too blah; maybe they'll spice things up.

Because I can,
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2013, 12:59:47 AM »

Pay to win.  $200 to avoid sloppy coding.  Huge queues in an instanced game, inexcusable when these guys are supposed to know how to code MMOs and what to expect at launch.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:31 AM »

I like to think of the $200 has paying to support a game I decided that I liked during the demo weekends.  Kinda like Kickstarter, except I got to play before backing.  granted it'd the most expensive Kickstarter I've ever backed, but not by much, and I may still upgrade my pledge for Shadow of the Avatar...

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2013, 01:45:51 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2013, 01:21:31 AM

I like to think of the $200 has paying to support a game I decided that I liked during the demo weekends.  Kinda like Kickstarter, except I got to play before backing. 

Ditto!  Although I think I pledged the same amount to some other Kickstarter which I've received absolutely nothing from. 

As for the chests, I've opened about 10 and the best I got were some runes.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2013, 01:46:34 AM »

#4056 in queue.. it does bounce around and i saw it hit 35,000+ a few times...
Mostly looking to try this before the founders packs disappear to see if it's something I'd be into...
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2013, 06:38:02 AM »

Are you sure? I tried looking for info on this but couldn't find it.. i thought there was one more wipe then the headstart stuff starts?
Played for a few hours tonight after I got in... I don't usually do that for too many games... I will probably pickup a founders pack... Definitely the $60 one, but will give some thought towards the $200 one.... Got to think about if the benefits are really worth it to me...
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2013, 06:50:34 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 01, 2013, 06:38:02 AM

Are you sure? I tried looking for info on this but couldn't find it.. i thought there was one more wipe then the headstart stuff starts?
Played for a few hours tonight after I got in... I don't usually do that for too many games... I will probably pickup a founders pack... Definitely the $60 one, but will give some thought towards the $200 one.... Got to think about if the benefits are really worth it to me...

Isn't it too late by now to get the founders packs? I think so, and yes, no more character wipes.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 01, 2013, 06:38:02 AM

Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure. I believe it's even in their FAQ. The game is officially launched now, even though they call it an open beta.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »

Quote from: skystride on May 01, 2013, 12:59:47 AM

Pay to win.  $200 to avoid sloppy coding.  Huge queues in an instanced game, inexcusable when these guys are supposed to know how to code MMOs and what to expect at launch.

This...   I tried logging in last night around 9 pm - 9K queue on each shard.  Tried this morning befoire work at 4:30 am 3500 queue.

Fuck it..   will try later

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2013, 10:58:19 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 29, 2013, 08:36:01 AM

This is a very different type of MMO from DDO, so a burnout from that game shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't feel like your typical MMO either, though it does fill a lot of the tropes anyway. It's not a WoW-clone.

God damn you were right.  I'm absolutely LOVING this game.

Apparently someone, btw, has also already put B2 (Keep on the Borderlands) in Foundry.  Can't wait to see if this thing gets pulled for copyright.

I'm going to dick around with Foundry myself and see if I can get a semi-simple quest with the Cult of the Dragon or Zhents done, hopefully with options for good or evil outcomes.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 09:01:33 PM

Quote from: Razgon on April 30, 2013, 08:45:56 PM

I noticed. Thanks! smile Just started working on the third quest in the campaign when the servers went down for maintenance. I've got a pretty clear idea of how it's going to work, and I can't wait to make it.

Wait.  Was 'A Hidden Blade' yours?  I enjoyed the hell out of it. smile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on May 01, 2013, 10:59:39 AM

Wait.  Was 'A Hidden Blade' yours?  I enjoyed the hell out of it. smile

Yup, that's mine! smile It's part of the From the Shadows campaign, which has two published parts so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: