http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 04:04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 23433 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »

TiLT: Maybe I have more faith in people than most - but I think adventures like yours will rise to the top after the game is released.  RP'ers especially tend to form pretty tight groups in games like this, and adventures like yours will be a welcome sight to them - and the word will spread.  I'd like to think so anyway.  

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2013, 06:23:41 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 22, 2013, 10:26:36 PM

Thanks! smile

I'm getting a bit frustrated at the ratings right now. The simpler quests are continually getting top ratings and almost no 1-star ratings, while I'm getting one trash review after another between the good ones. In case any of you think the trash reviews are deserved, let me copy the text from all the 1-stars I've received so far, with my comments after:

"wwww" - Really now? I guess I need to improve that part then.
"Thief skills required for completion" - Read: Player can't solve a "puzzle" that requires talking to two people.
"boring and not intuitive - very poor design" - What can I say? The guy probably got a panic attack as soon as his quest trail disappeared (on purpose, I might add). Also probably thinks reading is something his grandparents might have liked.
"sux, sry dude" - At least he's polite about it.

The rating system needs work so that stuff like that can be filtered out. I even warn these people in the quest description that I'll let them off the leash and have them think for themselves. *sigh!* Even with a whole bunch of 4 and 5-star reviews, my quest currently has an average of 3 (and the campaign 2.5) thanks to these jokers.

Btw, I'm getting some rewards from the Foundry system. I received a nifty cloak and title ("Foundry Apprentice") after about 10 people had rated my quest, which was nice. Looking forward to seeing what else I'll get over time.

Well, right now there is a Foundry Spotlight at the Neverwinter site that is your quest - congrats on being on the frontpage tilt!

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=847741

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »

Thanks! This was a great bit of news to wake up to, even though my campaign still has an average of 2.86 or so stars. smile

There's a large debate going on (and it has been going on for a few weeks) about how to fix the rating system. There are more problems with it than just what I experience, but I'll be sure to contribute to it. I'd like to be able to make quests for a niche audience without getting slaughtered in reviews.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 23, 2013, 09:09:17 AM

Thanks! This was a great bit of news to wake up to, even though my campaign still has an average of 2.86 or so stars. smile

There's a large debate going on (and it has been going on for a few weeks) about how to fix the rating system. There are more problems with it than just what I experience, but I'll be sure to contribute to it. I'd like to be able to make quests for a niche audience without getting slaughtered in reviews.

I don't think they can really do anything to fix that.  I mean, these are people's opinions, whether you agree with them or not.  Your quest might do well with a niche group, but there are more than those playing this game and you can't do something like only count those votes.  If I were you, I'd quit worrying about what the majority of people playing this game think about your level and let the fact that you got a spotlight talk for itself.  Keep creating great adventures and let the fact that you know you're doing a great job be what drives you.  Forget the rest.

By the way, you are pretty much the person that makes me almost want to put in money for one of the Founder's packs.  I used to love making adventures in the first Neverwinter Nights (I had made ones that would randomly generate encounters in spots so that they were different each time you played them) and sounds like this would be right up my alley.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:15:29 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 23, 2013, 09:09:17 AM

Are you going to be making adventures in Shadowrun as well? Depending on the editor, thats my number one most interesting thing coming up in the horizon :-)

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 23, 2013, 02:10:52 PM

I don't think they can really do anything to fix that.  I mean, these are people's opinions, whether you agree with them or not.  Your quest might do well with a niche group, but there are more than those playing this game and you can't do something like only count those votes.  If I were you, I'd quit worrying about what the majority of people playing this game think about your level and let the fact that you got a spotlight talk for itself.  Keep creating great adventures and let the fact that you know you're doing a great job be what drives you.  Forget the rest.

I'm not talking about restricting people's opinions. This is more about making the ratings more constructive. Here's an example of a suggestion I will give the developers through the Foundry beta forums after the beta weekend concludes:

If a player exits a Foundry quest without completing it, he shouldn't be able to give it a star rating, as that isn't going to tell anyone anything useful. Instead, he should be able to choose between a series of options such as "bugged, couldn't complete" or "didn't like it enough to finish it", as well as being able to add a comment that will be listed along with the normal reviews. This means that someone who hasn't seen the entire quest can't really review its overall quality (they haven't seen enough to do so, in my opinion), but can instead give a simple reason for their problems that will allow the author to understand the problems the players are experiencing to a much larger degree than today. This will also get rid of a large amount of the most "unfair" 1-star ratings in the system.

By the way, you are pretty much the person that makes me almost want to put in money for one of the Founder's packs.  I used to love making adventures in the first Neverwinter Nights (I had made ones that would randomly generate encounters in spots so that they were different each time you played them) and sounds like this would be right up my alley.

Thanks! It's really quite fun, but also a lot of work. It depends on what you want to do though. It's the writing of dialog that takes me the most time, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Quote from: Razgon on March 23, 2013, 02:40:01 PM

Are you going to be making adventures in Shadowrun as well? Depending on the editor, thats my number one most interesting thing coming up in the horizon :-)

That depends. I have next to no knowledge about Shadowrun, which limits my ability to tell a good story with it. I'm likely to fire up the editing tools, and if I feel the main campaign gives me enough lore to go on, I might just make something.

Right now though, I'm plenty busy with Neverwinter. My campaign is going to get quite long (and very epic) if I can pull it off correctly.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2013, 06:19:19 PM »

just played through your quest TiLT.  not bad, not sure how the Foundry works but if you can add some music for atmosphere I'd suggest that.  Especially at the Lucky Arrow, it felt a bit lifeless without it.  I gave it 4 stars for each one but forgot to comment on the campaign section before I hit submit.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 23, 2013, 03:06:14 PM

I'm not talking about restricting people's opinions. This is more about making the ratings more constructive. Here's an example of a suggestion I will give the developers through the Foundry beta forums after the beta weekend concludes:

If a player exits a Foundry quest without completing it, he shouldn't be able to give it a star rating, as that isn't going to tell anyone anything useful. Instead, he should be able to choose between a series of options such as "bugged, couldn't complete" or "didn't like it enough to finish it", as well as being able to add a comment that will be listed along with the normal reviews. This means that someone who hasn't seen the entire quest can't really review its overall quality (they haven't seen enough to do so, in my opinion), but can instead give a simple reason for their problems that will allow the author to understand the problems the players are experiencing to a much larger degree than today. This will also get rid of a large amount of the most "unfair" 1-star ratings in the system.

I think you could argue that the fact that someone didn't like the thing enough to finish it really says something, though, and it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to star it.  I guess it's one of those things where you feel they have to finish it to rate it, but they don't like it enough to finish it and it isn't worth their time to finish it just for the sake of giving it a 1-star rating, so now you might skew the results the other way.  Apparently your level is just going to be a little divisive and work out to be somewhere in the 3 range.  One way they could maybe do it is give people the ability to like/dislike reviews and then maybe weight things based on that.  Or use that to calculate trusted reviewers and give their scores more weight.  Other than those kinds of things, though, I'm not sure there's a good way to call a one-star review unfair because they didn't finish the level.  Not finishing the level could be the bet indicator of them thinking your quest stunk.

Just curious...what kinds of adventures are getting 5-star average ratings?  Or are there any?  Could be 3 star is the high for this first batch until people kind of figure out how to rate things a little more accurately.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 23, 2013, 06:19:19 PM

just played through your quest TiLT.  not bad, not sure how the Foundry works but if you can add some music for atmosphere I'd suggest that.  Especially at the Lucky Arrow, it felt a bit lifeless without it.  I gave it 4 stars for each one but forgot to comment on the campaign section before I hit submit.

It's not possible to add music right now. At least the musician should play a few notes on his lute.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 12:21:55 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 23, 2013, 02:10:52 PM

If the only reason you want to do that is for the 'get into the Foundry right away' bit, don't. You'll gain access to it at level 15 (creation access - you can start running them as soon as you get into town). At least that's how STO works. And I doubt it'll be any different for NW.

Also congrats, Tilt! That is just -awesome- to get spotlighted like that. Then again, these are the types of adventures that Cryptic wants to show everything. Something as good as what a developer can make.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 12:48:24 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 24, 2013, 12:21:55 AM

If the only reason you want to do that is for the 'get into the Foundry right away' bit, don't. You'll gain access to it at level 15 (creation access - you can start running them as soon as you get into town). At least that's how STO works. And I doubt it'll be any different for NW.

That is indeed how it works in Neverwinter. However, those 15 levels pass considerably faster than in most other MMOs. You'll be level 5 by the time you even leave the tutorial.

I've started receiving cloaks and titles for my character now due to my Foundry content. I'm walking around with a Foundry Graduate title and cloak, which is cool. You gain these things from completing Foundry-based achievements, such as publishing a quest that gets a 3+ rating after 25 reviews, receiving tips, and so on. Speaking of tips, I'm earning thousands of Astral Diamonds (the game's main, valuable currency) in tips today. smile
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:50:38 AM by TiLT » Logged
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »

Random question.... why do you get the same powers again as you level up (e.g. Magic missile then 10 levels later... magic missile).  Is it just trying to say it's gotten more powerful now?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »

Yeah, but we don't get to see how it increases in power. I know they're working on improving that part of the interface. It's a beta, after all. smile
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »

I've been enjoying it. I think I'm done until release though since there is a character wipe coming.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »

That wipe has, for all intents and purposes, already happened. It's extremely unlikely that there will be a wipe between open beta and official release. The next time the game is available to play for those not in the Alpha, you'll be able to make a character you can keep forever.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 02:58:20 AM »

Crap I didn't get to play Tilt's adventure, but no big deal, this way I get to play more of it come release.  In any case, I didn't see anyone post this so congrats to Tilt!

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 07:22:43 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 26, 2013, 02:58:20 AM

Crap I didn't get to play Tilt's adventure, but no big deal, this way I get to play more of it come release.  In any case, I didn't see anyone post this so congrats to Tilt!

Quote from: Razgon on March 23, 2013, 06:23:41 AM

Quote from: TiLT on March 22, 2013, 10:26:36 PM

Thanks! smile

I'm getting a bit frustrated at the ratings right now. The simpler quests are continually getting top ratings and almost no 1-star ratings, while I'm getting one trash review after another between the good ones. In case any of you think the trash reviews are deserved, let me copy the text from all the 1-stars I've received so far, with my comments after:

"wwww" - Really now? I guess I need to improve that part then.
"Thief skills required for completion" - Read: Player can't solve a "puzzle" that requires talking to two people.
"boring and not intuitive - very poor design" - What can I say? The guy probably got a panic attack as soon as his quest trail disappeared (on purpose, I might add). Also probably thinks reading is something his grandparents might have liked.
"sux, sry dude" - At least he's polite about it.

The rating system needs work so that stuff like that can be filtered out. I even warn these people in the quest description that I'll let them off the leash and have them think for themselves. *sigh!* Even with a whole bunch of 4 and 5-star reviews, my quest currently has an average of 3 (and the campaign 2.5) thanks to these jokers.

Btw, I'm getting some rewards from the Foundry system. I received a nifty cloak and title ("Foundry Apprentice") after about 10 people had rated my quest, which was nice. Looking forward to seeing what else I'll get over time.

Well, right now there is a Foundry Spotlight at the Neverwinter site that is your quest - congrats on being on the frontpage tilt!

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »

This game must have been in stealth mode, it almost flew right under my radar. In for day one, with a Founders Pak.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on March 26, 2013, 02:22:25 PM

This game must have been in stealth mode, it almost flew right under my radar. In for day one, with a Founders Pak.
you going Hero?

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2013, 03:30:16 PM

Quote from: Arclight on March 26, 2013, 02:22:25 PM

you going Hero?

Next one down. $60.00

Grace: Unmerited favor.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 06:15:46 AM »

The Foundry Beta NDA was just lifted, so I can talk pretty freely about the Foundry now, as well as post videos and screenshots if I want to. I can't talk about the Alpha though.

If you've got any questions about the Foundry, ask and I'll give you an answer to the best of my ability. smile I can provide screenshots of specific features too, at least when I'm at home.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2013, 04:10:58 AM »

4th closed beta starts April 12th, open beta April 30th.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Dungeon delvers of Neverwinter, mark your calendars. We are pleased to announce that on April 30, 2013, Neverwinter, our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG, will officially enter Open Beta! The Forgotten Realms will soon be open to millions of brave heroes and heroines who cannot wait to join the battle against Valindra Shadowmantle and hordes of other foul creatures on Faerūn. Make a stand and protect the city of Neverwinter against the ever-present dangers surrounding the city.

How would you like to play Open Beta three days before anyone else? How about five days before anyone else? You can do so by becoming a Neverwinter Founder! Early access is just one of many exclusives our Neverwinter Founders receive.

Early Access Exclusives for Neverwinter Founders

Five days Open Beta early access for Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers.

Three days Open Beta early access for Guardian of Neverwinter Pack purchasers.

Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.

so, I guess the game is essentially live at the end of this month?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:17:15 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 06:02:10 AM »

So here's the part I don't get.

The $60 Founder Packs get to start 3 days early.
The $200 Founder Packs get to start 5 days early. (or something like that for both)

If there's no wipe as we start Open Beta...those bonuses are kinda useless.

And yeah, it sure sounds like it's opening up at the end of the month.

EDIT: I answered my own question - Founders get access to Open Beta before everyone else. Looks like I was right with my April launch after all. biggrin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:27:31 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »

Hope we get the gear in open beta too....
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »

You do. For all practical purposes, open beta is the same as launch for this game.

Edit: Downloading a 3 GB Foundry patch. Oh boy! smile
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »

I'm in with the $60 founders pack.  I didn't really have good impressions when I played a beta weekend but I only gave it about 20 mins total.  Watching videos on youtube and reading some impressions convinced me.

I think it was the idea of Diablo or DOTA/MOBA like combat that appeals to me the most.  It also seems like this will be easy to play casually (it's F2P, dungeons are not serious time commitments, don't have to relearn 20 slot hotbar when I come back from taking a break).  And of course the user generated content could be pretty neat.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:49 PM »

still haven't decided on a Founder's pack.  I figure I'll get really drunk one of these evenings and make the choice then biggrin

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 09, 2013, 10:08:49 PM

I figure I'll get really drunk one of these evenings and make the choice then biggrin

If yer gonna get drunk, choose ME  icon_twisted
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »

So, I'm a little confused on weapons.  Is there a weapon system in the game that lets any fighter/thief type use axes, longswords, shortswords, maces, spears, etc.. etc...?

Or will a thief be dual wielding daggers the whole time, and a 2-weapon fighter using a greatsword the entire game?   I realize it might sound like a really moronic question, but I honestly don't know the answer.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »

There are different weapons for each class, but don't expect much variety in this regard. The Great Weapon Fighter will always use large, two-handed weapons for example.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2013, 08:33:48 AM »

OK - that's good to know.  Hey TiLT, can you give us a brief update on the big patch you got for the Foundry?  Anything worth mentioning?

LD

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »

Not much that would matter to players. You guys probably wouldn't notice any difference. We've gotten a few new features since the previous beta weekend, but it's mostly just been bugfixes and small improvements to features we already had.

One of the patches since BW3 completely broke one of the maps in my quest though (the forest map). Had to rebuild it from scratch, but it ended up much better in the end. This is what happens in a real beta. My original map was a flat forest surrounded by hills and containing a few clusters of large rocks. The patch suddenly added these large hills under the rocks, which totally destroyed my quest flow.

The biggest new Foundry feature is the addition of music. A Hidden Blade now starts out pretty quiet on the music front, but as the action develops the music follows suit. During climatic battles the music dynamically becomes more intense, and then slows down again afterwards. Sadly though, a bug means that you probably won't hear this music (as well as other sound effects) in BW4 this weekend. I'm still hopeful they'll fix it in time, but it's not looking good. For this reason I've decided to hold back the second quest in the campaign even though it's almost finished.

Among the cooler things I've made recently is an escape sequence where you're chased by a horde of zombies, and a dungeon crawl where an optional objective earlier in the quest will bring in friendly reinforcements to help you in battle. One of my maps takes place in the streets of Neverwinter's Tower District, with burning buildings all around you and thick smoke drifting across the streets as orcs clash with the city guard, giving you the option of interfering if you want, or keep running if you'd rather stick to your mission. I have a scene where you defend a choke point against powerful, attacking enemies while receiving support from the battered soldiers stationed there. There's lots of cool stuff that can be done if you're creative with the tools. smile
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:24:10 AM by TiLT » Logged
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »

Well, I'll be looking forward to finally playing islent blade in open beta. Still not playing more before the reset.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »

That sounds like you have one epic of a mission chain being built there, TiLT. Really looking forward to seeing it all complete. biggrin

One interesting change to Neverwinter for this beta - not only is crafting in (finally), but you can sorta 'choose' your level advancement. Instead of being on a set defined path, you get level up points where you can pick your powers (and rank of said power) in the order you want (to a point).

There's a set of balances around it from what I've read, but it sounds like an improvement over the old system as it at least gives you some flexibility.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »

Reminder that the fourth and final Closed Beta Weekend starts in less than an hour. This time it will only be accessible to Founders and those who have received beta keys from Hero-level founders (ie. not many). If you've played in previous weekends, you can keep playing the same character before he/she gets wiped when the open beta starts later in the month.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:37 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 04, 2013, 06:15:46 AM

The Foundry Beta NDA was just lifted, so I can talk pretty freely about the Foundry now, as well as post videos and screenshots if I want to. I can't talk about the Alpha though.

If you've got any questions about the Foundry, ask and I'll give you an answer to the best of my ability. smile I can provide screenshots of specific features too, at least when I'm at home.

How easy is it to create a simple combat scenario, with say, 4 or 5 different rooms or locations?  Is there a map editor?  An NPC editor?  Is there a lot of scripting/programming that needs to be done?  Thanks!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 12, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

How easy is it to create a simple combat scenario, with say, 4 or 5 different rooms or locations?

That's about as easy as it gets. You can create something like that in minutes. Creating a complex quest of some length, with dialogue, exploration and so on can take dozens of hours if you want it to.

Is there a map editor?

Yes, there is a map editor. You can't create new outdoors maps, but can add lots of detail to the premade ones, of which there are plenty. You can create indoors maps from scratch in a way that is similar to Neverwinter Nights, but more flexible.

An NPC editor?

Sort of. You can do an enormous amount of tweaking to the looks and costumes of NPCs (this is a Cryptic game, after all), but you can't adjust NPC stats. What you do is to pick an enemy that matches closely what you have in mind, then change its skin to look like whatever you want it to be.

You can add conversations, animations, behaviors, and so on to NPCs as you want.

Is there a lot of scripting/programming that needs to be done?

None whatsoever. There will be no scripting in this game, so everything is relatively easy to do, though there's tons of complexity that only the most dedicated will discover.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:29 AM »

I got to level 10 and tried one match of PvP and it was really fun.

Also a big part of the class mechanic was locked until level 10, at least for the Cleric.  I wonder if that's true for all of the classes?  If so, then you really don't get a feel for the class until after level 10.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34:15 AM »

Yeah, I believe this is the case for every class. Guardian Fighter get access to the Mark ability for example (a way to encourage any target on the battlefield to attack the fighter instead of others), while Trickster Rogues get Stealth.

The first 10 levels in the game are roughly equivalent to just above 3 levels in regular D&D 4E, I think. These are usually considered to be the "tutorial levels" in that game as well.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »

I find myself getting the itch to play this even though my initial impressions were lackluster, it started to grow on me.  I don't know if this will hold up long term but should be fun to play casually for a while.  One more week!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: