http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 02:08:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first WoW PvP experience  (Read 959 times)
Gryndyl
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2005, 05:39:13 PM »

My normal server, typically one of the very stable hassle free ones, was having some wonkiness this weekend so my roommate and I made a pair of troll shamans on Daggerspine, a low pop PvP server.

I like the way the PvP servers are set up. If you're in an area controlled by your side, your PvP flag is off unless you attack an enemy player there. If you step into a contested area or an area controlled by the opposite faction then your flag immediately kicks on. This effectively eliminates lowbie ganking. Our puny little shamans were able to peacefully watch a high level night elf running through the barrens without being in any danger from him unless we attacked him. We chose to simply announce his presence on local defence instead and then kick back and watch the show as a group of orcs responded to our alert and pulverized him.

We had reached 16th level last night and were bumming around Ratchet, turning in quests and selling stuff, when we notice a level 34 gnome mage hanging around near the dock. He had a naked 2nd level dwarf paladin with him that he was apparently intending to use as bait-see the paladin, gank him for an easy kill and then get jumped by the high level mage. His misfortune that we saw him first. I announced his presence and almost immediately a level 43 Tauren warrior came charging out of the inn.  An overly opportunistic level 16 troll rogue chose that moment to attack the mage, thinking he would be preoccupied with the tauren. The mage killed him rather quickly then started frantically running around trying to escape the warrior. My roomie and I, wise enough to wait until the mage's attention was fully occupied, promptly dropped a couple of earthbind totems next to the mage allowing the tauren to easily catch him long enough for a few good whacks.

The mage finally broke free and went running down the pier, tauren in hot pursuit. I'm not sure where he was intending to go when he got to the end of the pier and never got to find out as the tauren and my roommate's lightning bolt both caught up to him at about the same time.

Meanwhile, the naked dwarf paladin is running around in circles, mixing into the fight but not really having any effect whatsoever. When the mage died he stopped and just stood for a moment. I flame bursted him which got him into motion again, and then watched him try and outrun a lightning bolt on his chubby little legs.

My first PvP kill. A naked 2nd level paladin. I'm so proud

biggrin

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 06:06:58 PM »

I play on a PVP server but I’ve never really cared for the actually play vs player conflict.  At this point I don’t see much point in doing so and most of the time its extremely high levels preying on low to midrange characters who have just left the safety of their homeland for the first time.  The only time I will attack another person is if they attack me first.
   As well I tend to play to the opposite of rivalries and will actually help low levels Orcs in their homelands when I see them about to die; wave and continue on my merry way.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 06:23:52 PM »

While sometimes fun, PVP as it stand now just bugs me.  It's a waste of time I could be questing.

Battlegrounds!
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 06:40:32 PM »

Quote from: "Bob"

Battlegrounds!

Amen to that. Can't wait!

Battlegrounds Info
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print