http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 09:06:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas from FFXI!  (Read 1552 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2004, 08:55:32 AM »

Christmas event started today, which included doing quests for christmas trees to put in your mog house for every nation, giving presents to kids along the streets of the nations for free teleports to cities/outposts, and of course - the wonder hat.  Here's Chuji with his hat in front of a decorated Windurst tree:

Merry Christmas from Final Fantasy XI!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 01:41:56 PM »

if i ever had a desire to play this game, happy dancing christmas bear has destroyed that desire.

:wink:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 02:33:13 PM »

Were I still playing, I might consider walking fifteen minutes to get to the tree  Tongue
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 07:00:32 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Were I still playing, I might consider walking fifteen minutes to get to the tree  Tongue

15? What, you have SoW or something casted on you? biggrin

It would take only 5 minutes, but you need to be level 40 and have done some insane quest to get access to the Airship. Or you can go port, but you need to run three zones over to access that port. But on the way to the port, you got owned by a mob two levels below you, because you dared to go anywhere without a group.

Bitter FFXI player? Never. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 07:15:46 PM »

frown  I thought this would be an all-encompassing "Merry Christmas" from all MMO games kind of thread.  Instead its turned out to be a semi-bashfest (albeit some sarcastic which is fine and dandy) on FFXI.

Are any other MMORPG games out there, specifically WoW or EQII, even having any sort of "Holiday Themed" things in their games?  Maybe anyone can post some of their holiday pictures in this thread and I'll appropriately title it, "Merry Christmas from __, __, __, FFXI, etc."

Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 10:22:27 PM »

Don't worry, Dep, it made me smile. Nice pic.

If I had a holiday themed MMOG screenshot, I'd put it up.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 06:43:48 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
frown  I thought this would be an all-encompassing "Merry Christmas" from all MMO games kind of thread.  Instead its turned out to be a semi-bashfest (albeit some sarcastic which is fine and dandy) on FFXI.

Are any other MMORPG games out there, specifically WoW or EQII, even having any sort of "Holiday Themed" things in their games?  Maybe anyone can post some of their holiday pictures in this thread and I'll appropriately title it, "Merry Christmas from __, __, __, FFXI, etc."

Yeah, I shouldn't have been the bitter jerk that I was going at FFXI like I did.

On the other hand, Square tends to be one of the very few companies that believes in celebrating the holidays. Halloween, Christmas, 4th of July (although I think that's more based on the server launch date than anything else), stuff like that.

The best you'll see in EQ is a series of quests/mobs that bring out the worst in people. FFXI does things that liven up the place. It's very different, compared to the rest of the games.

Go break out another image grabbing program (as the shoddy one included with FFXI only takes shots at 640x480 for reasons I never understood), and post some shots. I'd love to see more of it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 07:20:16 AM »

Thanks dep...cute pic! I dont have any because WoW has'nt done anything yet that I know of. In fact the only holiday thing Ive ever seen were in UO and DAoC.

In UO we had trees and pvp fights with us as raindeers and elves and santas and mrs santas and stuff.

In DAoC they turned the moon into a orange skull for thier first Halloween. I was hoping they'd make it a turkey that Thanksgiving but nope smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 08:53:19 AM »

No problemo Destructer   biggrin   Don't worry about it!  I'm even surprised I have enough patience to do some things in that game   :wink:  So your bitterness is very understood!  I feel it sometimes . . . but alas, FFXI is my first MMORPG and I think that's why I've stuck with it ever since.  I think everyone gets attached to their first MMO game experience.

As for taking some Fraps pics and uploading them and sharing - I just got home from college.  And that means I'm staying for the break at my parents' house.  Which also means - dial-up internet.  SO I'm probably not going to log on to any MMO games anytime soon.  Though they are playable, it's not too enjoyable to have some extreme packets of lag.  So I'll probably just be taking an "extended break" from all online games I'm playing at the moment.  So as far as anymore pics?  Probably a no-no.

But yeah - I would think WoW and EQII would have some sort of Holiday themed something during this time of year.  Maybe it's because of their relatively new releases (somewhat new, that is   biggrin ) that they don't.  Well, if not this year (still a week left though!) I'm sure both will have some pretty awesome festive events this coming year.  And I'm excited to see some screenies from those games during that time!   biggrin   Plus I just like looking at those WoW thread with all of those impressive screenies!

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 02:20:43 PM »

*sheepishly speaks up*

sorry dep, i didn't mean to be such a jerk.  i was at a client site and tend to get evil when dealing with foreign IT departments.

Merry christmas to all!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: