http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 02:52:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online - reserve your name  (Read 7837 times)
Vidiot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »

Open beta is a go.  Feel free to add me as a friend, game name is Vidiot (shocker, I know).
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2012, 06:08:53 AM »

Still floating around as Jarrodhk. Been waiting for open beta to really start playing again.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »

Yep, got tired of the resets.  Playing my Founders Atlas some and trying to save up for a Jenner.  After that I will probably work on a LRM boat Catapult.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »

waiting on Faction War before I start my time

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »

Your time is actually started right now. They are supposed to add a button to give founders the option of exactly when to start their time 'officially finally' in a couple weeks. Every c-bill you earn now stays though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2012, 02:14:36 AM »

we get 2 weeks of free 50% bonus, then it freezes again until you activate it.  Might as well earn some bonus
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2012, 12:11:44 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 01, 2012, 01:06:13 AM

Your time is actually started right now. They are supposed to add a button to give founders the option of exactly when to start their time 'officially finally' in a couple weeks. Every c-bill you earn now stays though.

okay this makes sense now... I just checked my Time and noticed I lost three days.   Btw, game is no fun solo..  Where is everyone frown

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2012, 12:33:45 AM »

I've played a lot.  Having fun
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »

So way back when I purchased a founder pack, and just finally got around to trying out the game.  Very fun but I am pretty bad.  I need to figure out a specific role that I can excel at, so far been trying my hand with a medium mech...I die alot.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »

Mediums actually have a lot of firepower, just not enough armor to survive extended fights against heavies.

There's also many balance issues right now, but that's to be expected since they're still working on the game.

Biggest problem for mediums is the current frenzy of LRM use. Mediums don't have the speed to outrun them.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »

I love Battletech so much. Too bad there are so many other games out right now.

Have to say that at the moment, ams is just about mandatory. I use my centurion to try and cover my team mates who don't have ams as much as possible.

I really would like a 55 tonner though. Loved that weight class when playing MPBT Solaris.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:31:27 PM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

I've been playing this a lot the last couple days.  Making good cbills too.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2012, 06:10:04 PM »

I'm back playing now as well

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »

Then I keep missing everyone

NiM$
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2012, 05:43:18 AM »

I'm getting my ass beat in the trial Mechs and it's pretty frustrating.  I'd love to join you guys that are doing pretty well.  Most of the random teams I get lose.  My pilot name is namatoki.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »

Played a few the other day, and by a few I mean one, and I got wrecked. Oh well maybe I'll start playing again.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on November 06, 2012, 05:43:18 AM

I'm getting my ass beat in the trial Mechs and it's pretty frustrating.  I'd love to join you guys that are doing pretty well.  Most of the random teams I get lose.  My pilot name is namatoki.

I'll add ya to my friends list

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »

Played a LOT today, and then got booted for patch time.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »

I'm in as well.  Played each of the free demo mechs for 1-2 rounds each. Like what I'm seeing so far but I needs a real mech so I won't suck as much  icon_biggrin   Pilot name is.....Morlac.

morlac00 on PSN
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

Voice coms is pretty much a must (GT Vent server) Yesterday, just Hark and I were able to do well despite having brain dead teammates.

If you need the vent server details, either pm Hark or myself.

Semper Fidelis

Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2012, 07:21:35 AM »

LRM Fest '12 tonight.  They broke something in the patch and made LRMs nearly unavoidable.  Should be hotfixed shortly, but for now... WE FIGHT IN THE SHADE.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:54 AM »

It's the new Artemis IV system is part of the problem, along with a few smaller issues.

This system makes certain missiles move faster, and some cluster tighter, it also faster lock ons.

There's a hotfix patch coming tomorrow (8th) that does a few things, one of which is to reduce LRM damage (it's double what it was previously).
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »

If nothing else, it will teach us good movement tactics to use even when LRM's are fixed  ninja
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »

Had Friday off so I went premium for a 3 day weekend.  The difference in Cbill and EXP is quite noticeable.  I now have a Jenner and Hunchback in my arsenal.  Working on upgrading and outfitting those before getting a heavy.  I am surprised how effective I have been in my Jenner with 3 med lasers and a flamer.  The flamer works particularly well on the city map when mechs get stuck on buildings.  Doesn't do a lot of damage but it has to drive pilots nuts.  I have gotten a few kills with it which is very satisfying.  Biggest gripes so far are lack of maps and mechs.  The variety in those and gameplay is fairly glaring at this stage imo.  Still when it is clicking it is hard to beat. 

morlac00 on PSN
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »

Hmm not loving the new SRMs got my Hunchback 4SP and really dislike the new SRMs just feel a bit to random now, tough getting shots with them. Trying to play my founders Hunchback 4G, it's tough to like him, 21 shots on my AC 20 and the cannon rarely survives that long. Think I'll just fork over the cash and buy an Atlas or Awesome *shrug*
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »

Absolutely hate fighting organized groups, what a pain in the ass having to deal with coordinating fire. As for people on my team, they are darting off in random directions, not guarding, not pushing, just milling around absorbing LRMs ahhh sweet, sweet pub play.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »

Pub play can be bad for sure.  Total lack of anything to help organize it within the UI isn't helping.  Though not sure anyone would use it anyhow.  Or did I see something in the map screen for setting waypoints or some such?  I can be pretty successful running support for the assaults and heavies.  Both my Mechs excel in the short range game so sticking to the biggies and picking off the lights harassing them is what they are ideal for. I still think lack of content is the biggest glaring failure right now.  Only 4 maps is kind of laughable when you are taking money.  If they do not add some quickly I fear the early adopters will get bored and stop supporting it with $.  Once that happens the shelf life for it will fade quickly ala the new Tribes game.

morlac00 on PSN
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2012, 03:31:45 AM »

Lol it's a good thing everyone is playing this, wait I see one person on in my friends list. I'm guessing people are playing some CoD: Blops 2 oh well, if anyone who's playing this wants to add me my in game name is "Grudgebringer" though I think I posted that info already, but what the hell better safe then sorry.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2012, 07:36:42 AM »

I love the game, but, playing solo as you have noticed can be less fun. I also have a laptop that is barely able to play the game, and 3 or 4 other games that are vying for my time right now.

Add to that the biggest draw is the faction warfare which isn't in yet. Also while the mechs they have in the game so far aren't bad, none of them are particular favorites, other than the Jenner, which I can't play all that well due to the above mentioned low computer specs.

Of course the main reason is Halo4 and Blops2 taking up my gaming time.

Edit: Forgot the Dragon. I love the Dragon for brawling and hit and run harassment.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:33:45 PM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »

I picked up a founders package, been running around with my founder's atlas. Pretty nice to have both premium and the founders bonus making it very economical to run high end parts in an atlas.

Overall, this isn't a game I would recommend to friends to jump in and play quite yet, however, give it a few more months and it could really develop. Right now, they're just playing catch up with all the things they added but don't work.

I'm "Vertrucio" in the game.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OgUzhO1TiAc#!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 05:46:42 AM »

That build is hilarious. I want to make one now.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

Been running a Cicada with a lighter engine, 6x medium lasers, double heat sinks, and maxed armor.  It has been a blast.  I hang back and hover behind the big guys.  When they engage I run around and hit flanks.  I can get 3 or 4 alphas before I need to back off to cool down. 

I think I can trade some armor for a slightly faster engine (I just used one I had around in stock).

I'm really liking how the longer you play the more equipment you build up in your stock.  I hate F2P games where everything is a rental.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2013, 07:09:48 AM »

Getting back into this again, not seeing many people on when I'm playing but anyways just bought Ilya Muromets that thing is pretty nice. Got three Ultra AC on it, and three med lazers, had to kill the xl engine though got scrapped way to many times with it, back to standard engine and brawling. Would love to get some more people playing again, pugging is the worst. Anyways my mechwarrior online name is "Grudgebringer" add me if your playing or say hi if you see me on. Not my video but great video on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbdD7HG-k5w&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:12:49 AM by Ascendent » Logged
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »

Quote from: Ascendent on January 09, 2013, 07:09:48 AM

Getting back into this again, not seeing many people on when I'm playing but anyways just bought Ilya Muromets that thing is pretty nice. Got three Ultra AC on it, and three med lazers, had to kill the xl engine though got scrapped way to many times with it, back to standard engine and brawling. Would love to get some more people playing again, pugging is the worst. Anyways my mechwarrior online name is "Grudgebringer" add me if your playing or say hi if you see me on. Not my video but great video on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbdD7HG-k5w&feature=player_embedded

Hey Ascendent, Jarrodhk and I have been regularly playing almost every day now since we both activated our premium time. Just the two of us is already infinitely better than playing a few drops alone so if you see us online don't hesitate to join us or hop on vent.

Semper Fidelis

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

Awesome thanks Kato, had a blast playing with everyone on your vent server, fun times.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:02 AM »

Are people still playing?  I elited my first mech and have been playing a fair bit.  Trying to decide what mech to go for next.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2013, 04:58:26 AM »

Quote from: Vidiot on February 18, 2013, 01:56:02 AM

Are people still playing?  I elited my first mech and have been playing a fair bit.  Trying to decide what mech to go for next.

Yes I still play, don't see anyone on but feel free to add me my username is "Grudgebringer" as for what kind of mech personally, I'd start with Hunchback, but most go with assaults.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »

I still mostly enjoy the game, however I'm waiting a few months for more gameplay features and to see if they'll head in a direction I prefer. The small maps and arena fight gameplay is getting a bit stale.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2013, 07:02:49 AM »

Just got my first stalker 3F, it didn't go well...prefer my Hunchback but need to learn to use Assaults
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: