http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:10:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 co-op (PC)  (Read 5067 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »

Quote from: Silky on March 20, 2012, 07:11:37 PM

The Mattock has a bunch of button mashing but I really like the headshots it can pump out.  It takes less time to kills a baddy with it than say the geth pulse rifle in my experience.  

Today I ran a couple of PUG's during lunch and I was alarmed to discover the WoW battlegrounds thing of joining a mission and going AFK is going on here.  We barely managed to finish with 3 doing all the work but I suppose he got the same money rewards we got.  The crazy thing is he never died.  I don't know if that is luck or bad AI.  He ran to where the extraction zone was going to be, hid in a cubbyhole, and wasn't seen again.
I know you can vote to kick a player from the lobby, not sure if there's a way to do that in-game? You can definitely join games and invite folks into games in progress. It's actually pretty cool to start with just 2-3 players and then invite friends into it in progress -- like reinforcements.  icon_smile

I have this theory I know a team has failed if my final score total isn't the last one on the list. In other words, if I didn't finish last, then I know we got screwed and didn't survive for extraction.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:39:46 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »

I know the feeling.  If I am the highest scoring player on the team we are having problems and probably didn't survive.  If I am the worst we did OK.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:54 AM »

That is funny, I'm really enjoying the support soldier role. I used to be must be first in score, must beat the other people in this cooperative venture. MUST BE FIRST! Glad I finally relaxed and realized it's ok if I'm not top score (I usually wasn't anyways) But as I said earlier I enjoy playing the support soldier role, bad guys get behind cover let me pop them out of it, shielded no problem let me get those shields for you, those guys flanking my team, not a chance pop cool down and take them down. Of course it helps when the team listens as well. Everyone to the objective spots, get cover and I roam the area make sure no one gets behind us pretty fun stuff.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »

There is currently a cheat that grants some level of invulnerability to a player.

Even if they lose all their health they kind of count as both alive and dead. Enemies will try to shoot their downed position. This allows them to just AFK in a game and still get rewards.

Anyway, I had someone playing a salarian do the exact same thing.

You can report them to get them banned later one once Bioware gets around to the culling. Right now they're in track and observe mode to make sure people are cheating before initiating origin bans.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2012, 02:21:33 AM »

A little update on the Goliath rewards, which they ended up having to delay due to massive popularity:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/10341890&lf=8
We want to thank you all for making Operation Goliath so successful. We had almost 3 million Brutes killed and many fans making it all the way to extraction at the end of the Silver challenge. Your awarded Victory packs for killing Brutes and Commendation packs for those who reached extraction on Silver (or better) will be on the way to you soon.

We had underestimated how many of you would be successful in this challenge, so it will take a little longer to get the Commendation Packs to you. They will start to be activated at 5pm PST and will have all been activated by 9pm PST.

To get your rewards, you will need to restart Mass Effect 3 and then re-enter multiplayer. Once you have, visit the store and get your free pack or packs.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2012, 02:41:31 AM »

I've never been higher than second in the end of mission rankings. Usually third, ahead of the new guy with the level 2 adept.  icon_wink

I've only seen someone go AFK once (in a PUG), and the leader kicked him out after the mission completed.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 02:46:35 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 21, 2012, 02:21:33 AM

A little update on the Goliath rewards, which they ended up having to delay due to massive popularity:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/10341890&lf=8
We want to thank you all for making Operation Goliath so successful. We had almost 3 million Brutes killed and many fans making it all the way to extraction at the end of the Silver challenge. Your awarded Victory packs for killing Brutes and Commendation packs for those who reached extraction on Silver (or better) will be on the way to you soon.

We had underestimated how many of you would be successful in this challenge, so it will take a little longer to get the Commendation Packs to you. They will start to be activated at 5pm PST and will have all been activated by 9pm PST.

To get your rewards, you will need to restart Mass Effect 3 and then re-enter multiplayer. Once you have, visit the store and get your free pack or packs.

I would like to thank everyone who worked their butt off while I did absolutely nothing for my free pack biggrin

noticed there is a 'premium' pack for 33000 credits, which promises 2 uncommons or better.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 03:28:59 AM »

Well, imho, the "grenade rifle" from the Victory Pack is a weird joke that bounces wildly between devastating and absolutely useless (I'm told it was Nerfed).  icon_razz The auto-pistol is kinda nice but not really my thing. I completed Reaper infested Silver Zones several times over the weekend but it seems like you only get one shot at each of the packs, and that's it.  disgust I've tried all my characters and not seen it available any more.

What would Destructor say?

F*** YOU BIOWARE!  finger icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:41 AM »

Got the N7 shotgun with high accuracy but weighs a ton. Swell.

Tried the premium pack and got 2 uncommon weapons, one an assault rifle I didn't have yet, the other an upgrade. The one and only spectre pack I picked up so far gave me the Widow sniper rifle.

PUGs i joined tonight all seemed to be people with N7 ratings between 100 and 250m sporting super rare weapons. I sense I am falling behind.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 04:06:07 AM »

Really? Would it have been better if Bioware did not do this weekend event at all?

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on March 21, 2012, 04:06:07 AM

Really? Would it have been better if Bioware did not do this weekend event at all?
I think the idea of the event was very fun. It encouraged people to play co-op a lot and play a specific type of race, albeit to the point I don't want to play against that race (Reapers) any more.  icon_razz I'm not bashing the weekend event idea. I recall some reviews dismissed co-op as "not having any legs," and some continuing events (whether like this or some riff on it that's different) could be a way to keep players interested.

If they did it again, I might encourage them to just dole out some special weapons mod, or just dole out some more goodies (the rezzing gel packs, which I never have enough of) or maybe something that's just cool cosmetically. I don't think weird, not terribly useful weapons are something I want to spend a lot of time pursing anymore though.

I wouldn't have minded a secondary weapon that was a grenade launcher with limited ammo. It just baffled me a bit to have an assault rifle that only did that (firing weak, bouncing grenades with limited range didn't "do it" for me), thus no slot available for a "regular" assault rifle.  icon_confused
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:41:11 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »

Saw a forum update that progress was made on fixing an issue where player's characters might lose items, or even get wiped altogether:

FIXED - Characters being wiped/losing their items
Quote from: Bioware's Chris Priestly
We wanted to give you an update to let you know that after the server maintenance that took place this morning, the issue people were having where their characters were unexpectedly having their items deleted has now been fixed. There is now no danger of your character being wiped and you losing your weapons, items, etc.

This was a server side fix that will prevent characters from being wiped. There is still a remote chance that characters may be disconnected from their current map and may receive a message they have lost connection to the host. If this occurs you will be returned to the multiplayer menu and will be unable join other games, unable to see leader boards and will receive errors when purchasing from the store. Returning to the main menu and re-entering mp will not fix the issue and you will appear to still be connected to the server on the main menu. Should you encounter this issue, you will need to restart Mass Effect 3 and restart Multiplayer. This is very unlikely to occur and will be addressed in the next physical patch.

For those players who have lost items to this point, we are working on helping you. We will have more information for you soon.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 21, 2012, 12:36:08 PM

It encouraged people to play co-op a lot and play a specific type of race, albeit to the point I don't want to play against that race (Reapers) any more.  

if they have a Cerberus weekend I'll be in-  I love beating up those bastards.

maybe at some point they can come up with some co-operation between enemies, like fighting mixed waves of Geth & Reapers or Cerberus & Geth.  Imagine dealing with hunters as a banshee is zipping about....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »

I've actually been setting up Cerberus games last couple nights. I joined a Geth game last night and was just annhilated over and over. By far my worst game ever. Their rocket launcher types in particular just seemed to demolish me repeatedly.

Which means you can be sure the next Event class will be Geth.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 21, 2012, 09:02:53 PM

I've actually been setting up Cerberus games last couple nights. I joined a Geth game last night and was just annhilated over and over. By far my worst game ever. Their rocket launcher types in particular just seemed to demolish me repeatedly.

Bring a character with Sabotage.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 21, 2012, 09:10:27 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on March 21, 2012, 09:02:53 PM

Bring a character with Sabotage.

Which means bring the Quarian Infiltrator. smile  I got lucky and got the Valiant sniper rifle from my Commendation pack and my brother got one too!  So my Quarian Infiltrator has been kicking some serious butt. slywink

Also, Blackjack, the grenade assault rifle you got is the Falcon and before you got it from your Victory pack, it was the most overpowered gun in the game.  My brother and two other friends had it, and they basically lock down the entire map with it.  It got nerfed way too hard though.  The thing about the Falcon was that it staggered enemies and held a lot of ammo and reloaded quickly.  One Falcon could lock down a chokepoint easily.

Anywho, again, if you guys see me online, feel free to hit me up for a game or two.  My Origin ID is the same as my handle here.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »

I dunno, I would've just made the grenade launcher some very limited ammo-secondary weapon. I just don't understand the concept of a "rifle" that shoots (in nerfed form) wimpy, overly bouncy grenades that oddly don't seem to go as far as my tossed ones.

My last three PUGs have been disasters. Since my plans to see The Raid tomorrow are being rained out, Topper and I will probably get some games going early and late Saturday, fwiw.

So I thought I fixed my PC's frequent freezes with a video driver change but it started freezing the last couple mornings again. My pet theory now is that it's the Windows Sidebar (once I de-activate it and remove any sidebar programs, it doesn't seem to freeze), but I can't for the life of me fathom why that would be a problem after all these years.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:58:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

Ah, new event for this weekend. 25% experience bonus.

Operation: Fortress details
Welcome to the next N7 multiplayer weekend!

Last weekend the community joined together to push back the reapers in Operation Goliath. With over 3 million brutes killed, their numbers have been decimated. Expect to encounter far fewer this weekend.

As a reward for that outstanding performance, join your friends online between 5 PM PST Friday, March 23 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 26, to reap the rewards of last weekend’s successful offensive with a 25% XP bonus.

-          All enemies.
-          All maps.
-          All challenge levels.
-          All platforms (PS3 included).
-          All weekend.

To participate, you will need to play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer during the listed time period. That’s it.  The bonus applies to all XP earned. Gather your squad and take advantage! You’ll want to be leveled up for next weekend’s event…

+25% experience. Now’s the time to shoot for level 20 with your favorite character, or build up your N7 rating!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:53:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2012, 01:38:22 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 23, 2012, 04:56:57 PM

I dunno, I would've just made the grenade launcher some very limited ammo-secondary weapon. I just don't understand the concept of a "rifle" that shoots (in nerfed form) wimpy, overly bouncy grenades that oddly don't seem to go as far as my tossed ones.

My last three PUGs have been disasters. Since my plans to see The Raid tomorrow are being rained out, Topper and I will probably get some games going early and late Saturday, fwiw.

So I thought I fixed my PC's frequent freezes with a video driver change but it started freezing the last couple mornings again. My pet theory now is that it's the Windows Sidebar (once I de-activate it and remove any sidebar programs, it doesn't seem to freeze), but I can't for the life of me fathom why that would be a problem after all these years.

I don't have the Falcon, but from what I saw of my brother using it, it looked really crazy pre-nerf.  The grenades went pretty far and accurate and again, the stagger on enemies was devastating.  Too bad you didn't get to experience it before the nerf. frown

I've had problems with the Windows Sidebar with several games, especially the ones from Bethesda (Fallout 3 and Skyrim) so I just keep it off.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »

After I thoroughly uninstalled the problematic latest ATI drivers in favor of the revision from a couple months back that was reliable (the reliable ones date back to February), I seem to finally be rock-stable again instead of freezing every which way (on the desktop, web browsing, in games, everywhere). I don't think it's the Sidebar (was still having problems even with that disabled, it turned out). I don't know what it is about the latest ATI drivers that makes my card/system crazy, but I'm steering clear of them for now.

I still find PC troubleshooting exasperating because one hypothesizes 27 different causes (virus! overheating! Bad fan! Windows Sidebar! etc.) and then I think in the end it's usually just crappy, under-tested drivers.  disgust And these weren't labeled beta.
===============

A pack spat up this very nice assault rifle, the first one I've liked enough to exchange the bucking Revenant for. Phaeston's very powerful and easy to keep on-target:

My better screenshots all come from spectator mode...

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »

Still having a blast with the multiplayer. Promoted a couple classes and started over. Finally unlocked Asari Adept, but still waiting on a Quarian Engineer. I do think they need to re-evaluate the ratio of getting spare thermal clips to medi-gel in the boosters. I'm always out, or hoarding the last medi-gel, while I have 64 spare clips and counting.

I kept missing the invites I was sent on Saturday night. I logged out and saw a couple that were sent hours prior. I must be not seeing them while in the middle of a mission.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on March 25, 2012, 05:35:48 PM

Still having a blast with the multiplayer. Promoted a couple classes and started over. Finally unlocked Asari Adept, but still waiting on a Quarian Engineer. I do think they need to re-evaluate the ratio of getting spare thermal clips to medi-gel in the boosters. I'm always out, or hoarding the last medi-gel, while I have 64 spare clips and counting.

I kept missing the invites I was sent on Saturday night. I logged out and saw a couple that were sent hours prior. I must be not seeing them while in the middle of a mission.
On the latter, you might check the Origin Settings (the little gear icon), under In-Game Notifications. I think by default it's set to allow Origin in-game for "supported games" only. I set it to all, and I know I seem to see all incoming chat messages while in game.

Yeah, I think for me the game holds up remarkably well in repeat play, not too unlike a good hack'n'slash (Diablo, Titan Quest etc.). I may be playing through the same areas, but the enemy mix, where they arrive in the map, how my team (PUG or GT buds or a mix) responds to everything always feels fresh. It feels like I see something new and crazy every game, good or bad.  icon_smile

While I don't think I'd necessarily warm up to an MMO'd ME game per se (I don't want it to become a bunch of hunts; or for it to become some Planetside game with a couple hundred people blasting at each other, I really love the small squad concept of this), I could maybe see something like Guild Wars maybe. Something with some "socializing hubs" where you'd trade upgrades and weapons and what not, and then would pursue various "mission instances" with a small group connecting into and out of the hubs. That might give some ability to build some co-op story without losing the sheer pick-up-and-play fun factor of the co-op as is now.

Then again, I'd be happy with just a few more co-op maps, and maybe as someone suggested here, some mixing of the various individual enemies from the different races into one hybrid set of enemies.  That could be interesting but would require some careful balancing I'd guess.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »

Finally unlocked Asari Adept, but still waiting on a Quarian Engineer. I do think they need to re-evaluate the ratio of getting spare thermal clips to medi-gel in the boosters. I'm always out, or hoarding the last medi-gel, while I have 64 spare clips and counting.

Asari Adept is an awesome class especially when you evolve your Stasis with the bubble.  So much control and it helps a ton against gold level Cerberus (especially those pesky yet deadly Phantoms).  I wouldn't hold your breath too much for the Quarian Engineer.  The Sentry Turret is definitely lacking. frown  However, the Salarian Engineer's Decoy is pretty good.

Yeah, I do tend to get more thermal clips as well, but when you use a weapon like the Geth Plasma Shotgun, you'll be glad that you have lots of spare clips.  I burn through ammo like no one's business with that gun and most of the time it is when I am surrounded by enemies and not conveniently next to an ammo box.
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on March 25, 2012, 06:09:14 PM

Finally unlocked Asari Adept, but still waiting on a Quarian Engineer. I do think they need to re-evaluate the ratio of getting spare thermal clips to medi-gel in the boosters. I'm always out, or hoarding the last medi-gel, while I have 64 spare clips and counting.

Asari Adept is an awesome class especially when you evolve your Stasis with the bubble.  So much control and it helps a ton against gold level Cerberus (especially those pesky yet deadly Phantoms).  I wouldn't hold your breath too much for the Quarian Engineer.  The Sentry Turret is definitely lacking. frown  However, the Salarian Engineer's Decoy is pretty good.

Yeah, I do tend to get more thermal clips as well, but when you use a weapon like the Geth Plasma Shotgun, you'll be glad that you have lots of spare clips.  I burn through ammo like no one's business with that gun and most of the time it is when I am surrounded by enemies and not conveniently next to an ammo box.

I played Quarian Engineer in the beta when it was a breeze to get, and I had fun. I like the turret. The tier 6 upgrade makes it actually do some real damage. I've used spare clips before, on a low-capacity shotgun or sniper rifle. I've had bad luck with the boosters where I need more medigel and I get 3 more thermal clips instead. Time. After. Time.

I was surprised to open a spectre pack just now and get a max limit upgrade for the Ops Survival Pack - I can now carry 3 per mission.

Yeah, I love the stasis bubble. But oh how I wish you could bubble a Geth Pyro...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »

Yeah I love the Stasis bubbles, but we just have to assume that anything truly nasty (Geth Pyros and Hunters, Reaper Brutes and Banshees, the Mechs etc.) are impervious to 'em.

Hey I went with the end points for the Lift Grenades (on my Grogan Sentinel, I think) that boost the Lift amount to downright comical level. To the point that some lesser enemies threaten to just float away off-planet  icon_lol Pix:

*Though as with Stasis, the Lift Grenades don't affect many tougher enemies (just do more typical grenade damage). I love using all the different grenade types in ME3 co-op (Frag, Lift, Incendiary, Cluster, etc.). Even when I screw up -- sometimes I'll throw a grenade against the wall I'm taking cover against and think "DOH!" -- I enjoy it.  icon_smile Thank goodness the grenades don't do friendly fire damage though, or the game would be a mess.

I still find myself thinking the game screams out for Space Marine style jump jetpacks, or maybe even an outer space, zero-grav environment. At the risk of awakening my motion sickness issues which have been thankfully absent so far.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:59:26 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2012, 06:15:29 AM »

There was a game called Shattered Horizon that was all about realistic 0G infantry combat. Very difficult to get into and got old fast.

Looks like only Cerberus gets jet packs. slywink

I have my Krogans all specced for melee combat. Run in and melee everything. Done right, I can take a silver brute down in 2 hits, especially since they very rarely do their 1 hit kill animation.

One thing I really liked about ME3 that the multiplayer really highlights is that there's 3 distinct sets of enemies this time around. Overall, reapers are the most difficult to deal with since they have the best mix of enemies. The husks are relent
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2012, 07:18:39 AM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on March 25, 2012, 08:29:16 PM

I was surprised to open a spectre pack just now and get a max limit upgrade for the Ops Survival Pack - I can now carry 3 per mission.

Yeah, I love the stasis bubble. But oh how I wish you could bubble a Geth Pyro...
You can get upgrades to the number of supplies you can bring with you up to 5 per, I think.  I can bring 4 Cobra Missiles, 4 Medi-gel, 5 Survival Packs, and 5 Ammo Packs.

You can't Stasis any armored enemies.  For Cerberus, you can't Stasis Atlas and Turrets.  For Geth, you can't Stasis Primes and Pyros.  For Reapers, you can't Stasis Banshees, Brutes, and Ravagers.  That pretty much goes for all Biotic crowd control powers.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »

I got this shotgun mod in the packs that is supposed to add to melee, but it didn't seem to change my soldier's melee combat animation. Couldn't really tell if it was doing anything.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

Heh, they just keep buffing the enemies.

I like how responsive they have been for multiplayer.

This latest patch has made the Atlas tougher just enough that they can better support troops around them in Silver difficulty.

It's even worse on wave 10 when you've got 5 Atlases and 4 Phantoms coming at you.

I'm completely out of Medi-gels though, but everything else I can't burn through them fast enough.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 26, 2012, 01:30:40 PM

Heh, they just keep buffing the enemies.

I like how responsive they have been for multiplayer.

This latest patch has made the Atlas tougher just enough that they can better support troops around them in Silver difficulty.

It's even worse on wave 10 when you've got 5 Atlases and 4 Phantoms coming at you.

I'm completely out of Medi-gels though, but everything else I can't burn through them fast enough.
I think at one point there were 4 or 5 mechs (Atlas) in one on of our Silver games yesterday afternoon. We ran out of cobra missiles, and it got pretty desperate (but fun). It's like, everywhere I swung my viewpoint was another mech.

Yeah I ran out of medi-gels at some point over the weekend. The packs kept giving me other things or various weapons, mods and characters I already had. Basically, the packs are like slot machines, and I rarely get a nice "roll."  icon_razz

I find the Geth the most problematic. Those Hunters are just the devil in terms of soaking up damage (if no cobra missile handy), and the Pyro flamethrowers seem remarkably durable and the flames remarkably damaging.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:02:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2012, 08:02:45 PM »

you probably shouldn't be using missiles on hunters... just sayin  ninja
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »

I'm sad to see the premium veteran pack go, but now they have a Jumbo equipment pack for 33k that gives you +5 of ten random equipment and supply items

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »

So needed to restock on medigel.

Got dragged into a Gold level match and somehow make it to match 7, but blew through all the consumables I brought into it.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2012, 12:38:16 AM »

This weekend's event (not much of an event per se) was announced earlier today:

Operation Raptor: March 30-April 1
The Reaper horde is growing, so we must as well. Effective military strength needs to increase, and veterans must train conscripts so that they, in turn, can train others.

Allied Goal: Promote 150,000 characters. Victory Packs awarded to all players upon successful completion.
Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters. Commendation Pack awarded to individual players upon successful completion.

Welcome to the next N7 Multiplayer Weekend!

Last weekend our community operatives united to train a record number of new recruits.  The time has come to turn these new recruits into battle-hardened veterans.

Join the war against the Reapers online between 5PM PST Friday, March 30th to 5AM PST Monday, April 2nd and promote at least 2 characters to your single player campaign.

This operation includes PC and Xbox 360; we are continuing to work with Sony to enable these types of Operations on the PlayStation 3 platform.  We appreciate your patience, and we expect an update later this week regarding Operation Raptor and the PlayStation 3.

Commendation Packs will be awarded to individual soldiers who complete their training, and a Victory Pack will be awarded to everyone if the Allied Goal is achieved.  Packs will be available to download the following week.  Please note that participants need to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation RAPTOR.

*Some restrictions may still apply, Operation Raptor is not open in all regions.  
So I guess they weren't encouraging us to push characters to level cap because this was going to be a tough weekend event against particular enemies; they just wanted to force everyone to promote their characters.  icon_neutral
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:46:19 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »

Last weekend I couldn't get enough Medigel. This weekend, I have 32 Medigel, and no Survival Packs, and I have over 100 spare clips. I do use those clips whenever I run a mission with my Krogan Sentinel who carries the Geth Plasma Shotgun. That thing eats clips.

Already promoted 2 guys, and figure I'll promote 2 or 3 more today. Almost every race/class option is unlocked for me now except Salarian Infiltrator and one other, A Drell I think.

Still having a lot of fun, although yesterday a lot of PUGs were marred by leaders leaving mid-mission, or bailing from the lobby if they didn't like the look of the assembled team.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »

Ultimately, I couldn't quite get my Infiltrator dues to 20 (got to 18), but promoted all the other classes, so I did my part.  icon_smile

I kept running into disastrous games where I'd blow a bunch of medigel. And quite a few times found myself getting stomped just before someone reached me to rez me. Doh.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2012, 02:48:59 AM »

The official update, and the name of the upcoming weekend's event:
Operation Raptor SUCCESS!
Congratulations on another successful N7 Operation!

We had a record number of soldiers promoted last weekend: over 350,000, shattering our previous community goal of 150,000.

Victory Packs and Commendation Packs will arrive no later than Wednesday April, 4th.  Make sure to redeem them and begin training your new recruits.

Operation Beachhead is scheduled to deploy next weekend, April 6th- 8th and will require expert trained soldiers to complete. Stay tuned for more information on Operation Beachhead later this week. smilie
I suspect Beachhead will involve tackling Gold challenge level games.  ninja

I've tried Gold a couple of times now and it's been nuts. Been tough to complete more than 2-3 waves.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:50:49 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:47 AM »

As far as the free reward packs go, while it's mostly consumables, I did get a nice N7 Valiant (fast loading) sniper file with one of the packs, and it's the first sniper rifle I enjoy using in the game.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2012, 06:12:10 AM »

I only got a supply pack, just medigels and ops survival packs.  Hark got two packs but CSL also only got one.  I hope they are just working thru the list and I can get one soon.  I promoted 3 chars during the period.

There is a new pack this week, the supreme specter pack for a mere 99000 quatloos.  Earned one but got squat or also known as Salarian Infiltrator exp.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »

I got two of the free reward packs (using different characters, fwiw). I'm not sure how availability is determined. Some of my characters didn't have the free reward pack listed as available. So I don't know if it's limited that way, or if perhaps it's a timed thing and it becomes available again after X amount of time passes.

I admit to being flustered with the whole "PUG hosts runs away when single digit players join." At this point, most single digit players are promoted players who have the full (or nearly full) power points distributions carried over from when they were level 20 (i.e., check the powers screen on promoted players, and they'll still have all their points distributed; there's a "negative" number that gradually dwindles as you go back up in levels). So the level # essentially becomes pretty meaningless after promotion. I wish they'd make it more obvious a low lev is a promoted character, maybe have a flag by their name or something.

I managed to make it 6 waves solo in a bronze game last night, which was kind of fun.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:33:56 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: