http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:31:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Universe MMO F2P  (Read 11617 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »

I am guessing this isn't the same Marvel MMO that was cancelled by Microsoft

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/29/first-marvel-universe-details-revealed-you-play-as-marvel-characters-its-free-to-play-and-more/

What we know for sure:

* Marvel Universe will be free-to-play, and was planned that way from its inception.
    * It’s being developed by Secret Identity, a sub-group of Gazillion that was formed in late 2009 specifically to build Marvel Universe.
    * You can play as Marvel characters, and other players can be the same hero as you at the same time, which the devs believe creates “lots of problems and lots of opportunities.”
    * You won’t have to choose only one character, but will be able to play as all of them.
    * Some of the characters you will play as are: Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Nova, and Squirrel Girl.
    * Doctor Doom will be the game’s main villain (at least at launch).
    * Brian Michael Bendis is writing for the game
    * According to Brian, “no corner of the Marvel Universe will be left unturned,” although he was likely referring to over the game’s lifetime, not necessarily all at launch.
    * You will play through existing stories that are told in the comic books.
    * The game world exists within the canon Marvel Universe–this is not an alternate reality scenario.
    * Marvel Universe is being made primarily for adults (as opposed to Gazillion’s other kid-focused Marvel MMO, Marvel Superhero Squad). They want to target core gamers first, and also make it accessible for everyone else.

What we suspect (not confirmed, but hinted at):

* There has to be lots of content that isn’t based on existing comic book stories.
    * It will likely be released on consoles after it’s on PC. When asked about a console release, one of the developers said that it would come to PC first, but that they want as many people as possible to play it and other platform releases were “TBD, no wait, TBA!” That he felt the urge to clarify it was going to be announced, not decided, makes me think it will be coming to consoles.
    * The game should have some open world environments: references were made to “hundreds of Wolverines” running around, which the developers feel is less of a problem than no one getting to play as recognizable characters.
    * When asked if it would be browser-based, the developers insisted that accessibility was a crucial part of their game design, but they also stressed that they would be delivering a AAA-quality game. We’ll have to wait to find out this one for sure.

What we will rampantly speculate on (not even close to confirmed; pure guesses):

* You might be able to play as a villain. It’s true that Doctor Doom was described as “the main villain” for the game’s main story–not just for heroes–but it’s possible that he’s gone rogue, and both sides have reasons for wanting to stop him. (confidence in prediction: 50%)
    * It seems like the best way to keep the whole “everyone can be Wolverine” problem contained is to provide a heavily-instanced experience. I would not be surprised if they follow a similar route to Guild Wars, and Gazillion’s own Marvel Superhero Squad: centralized hubs for chatting/hanging/crafting and instanced missions. (confidence: 60%)
    * If it is a browser game, they’re likely using the Unity engine. No other engine that we know of could come close to providing the experience they want to deliver in a browser. They would not confirm if they’re building a new engine or using an existing one, but it seems likely that they’re using an existing one since the game has only been in development for a little over a year. (confidence: 20%)
    * A major form of monetization in Gazillion’s Marvel Superhero Squad is purchasing new heroes to play as. In Marvel Universe, you might have to buy/earn the many heroes that you want to play as and to experience their stories. (confidence: 60%)
    * I’d be surprised if you could “swap” between Marvel heroes on the fly like you do in Gazillion’s other Marvel MMO, Marvel Superhero Squad, that would feel very weird in story-driven missions where you’re playing out a specific character’s story from the comic books. (confidence: 30%)
    * I’d guess that the game should be in open beta in mid-to-late 2012. It was specifically said that the game is “still a ways out,” but open betas usually come quickly for free-to-play games. (confidence: 50%)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

it'll probably suck, but at least it'll suck for free.  yes, I'm looking at you DC, you two bit whore.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »

I honestly can't tell what kind of game this is intended to be, or what the heck they are thinking with some of it.

WTF news:

* You can play as Marvel characters, and other players can be the same hero as you at the same time, which the devs believe creates “lots of problems and lots of opportunities.”
    * You won’t have to choose only one character, but will be able to play as all of them.

Honestly this sounds like a train wreck to me.  Why do developers continue to insist on creating MMO games where it flat out makes no sense to do so?  I can't see any situation where 25 Wolverines and 17 Spidermans running around a city is going to seem appealing, free or not.

Huh?  news:

* Some of the characters you will play as are: Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Nova, and Squirrel Girl.

Squirrel girl?  Seriously?

Good news:

* Brian Michael Bendis is writing for the game

I do like him for the most part.  Nothing great but he seems consistent and able to write in lots of characters simultaneously.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »

On the plus side, if you plays as Squirrel Girl there might not be 20 more of you running around.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »

Site's up.

They are claiming it "plays like diablo"

http://www.marvelheroes.com/

Gonna eat your face
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:48:24 PM »

comic-con trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UYMdouxo2g&feature=player_embedded

Because I can,
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »

Looks kind of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  That's a good thing smile 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »

CVG are giving away BETA keys for this if you are interested(i'm not,but thought some of you guys may be)

the beta runs from today(Friday 19th) to Sunday(21st)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 12:39:07 PM »

They sent me a multi-use key for the beta if anyone wants to play.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 29, 2011, 06:44:05 PM

Honestly this sounds like a train wreck to me.  

That's pretty harsh LOL.  I suppose your opinion has changed quiet a bit after 2 years.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »

Quote from: skystride on April 22, 2013, 05:31:07 PM

Quote from: rittchard on April 29, 2011, 06:44:05 PM

Honestly this sounds like a train wreck to me.  

That's pretty harsh LOL.  I suppose your opinion has changed quiet a bit after 2 years.

Hehe, clearly I didn't know what they were aiming for from that original description, and didn't know there would be a Diablo 2 influence.

I still stand by the weirdness of having multiple heroes in the exact same costumes running around.  I suppose you can just choose to ignore them for the most part, but then the question goes back to why make this an MMO?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 03:11:48 AM »

Open beta for the weekend due to Iron Man 3 release.  Avengers are unlocked as playables
Haavok
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Played about 10 different characters thru-out the testing time. Liked the premise but for me it ended up being boring. Lot of the characters seemed to play very similar. Granted i only got 3 up into the 20's and the rest in the teens. Other than the ocasional world boss didnt really see why this should be a mmo. Unless the end game is very different. Seemed like a lot of skills that were just filler and you really could skip a lot of them.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »

For some reason when I played this past weekend, the game was very laggy.  I was trying to fight Shocker and every thing I tried to do was delayed by a couple seconds.  I had been kind of excited about this one and that really turned me off.  Good thing I didn't buy a founder's pack.  I don't have lag lije that in any other online game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »

$200 Founders pack - Permanent Item Find Boost   5%

This doesn't seem right to me.  That is basically a major gameplay change.  I suppose you could buy consumables to do the same if you don't pay $200 but that's not the same thing and I'm guessing Founders could as well and get even higher magic find.  Imagine if Blizzard did this with Diablo 3.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »

this made me LOL:

ALL Heroes and Costumes Available to Purchase at Launch

so $200 bucks gets you the ability to give them more money right away?  sure, you get $50 in store credit but I wonder how many costumes that will get you.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 02:14:36 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 15, 2013, 12:49:49 AM

this made me LOL:

so $200 bucks gets you the ability to give them more money right away?  sure, you get $50 in store credit but I wonder how many costumes that will get you.

you're reading that wrong in your haste to make fun of them.  It says you get all the costumes and heroes that are available to be purchased at launch.  So you start with everything that you can buy at launch.  It's worded that way because you don't get all the heroes that come out after launch or the stuff that you have to get as drops and can't buy.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 02:23:30 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 15, 2013, 02:14:36 AM

this made me LOL:

you're reading that wrong in your haste to make fun of them. 

Nope.  I read over it several times, made a cup of tea, had some scones, chatted with Rittchard about late summer/early fall fashions (seriously, Hawaiian shirts made out of cashmere?), read it again and then made fun of it.  if they didn't want confusion they should have left the words 'to purchase' out of the list.  they didn't, and the mockery will continue.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 02:47:56 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 15, 2013, 02:23:30 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 15, 2013, 02:14:36 AM

this made me LOL:

you're reading that wrong in your haste to make fun of them. 

Nope.  I read over it several times, made a cup of tea, had some scones, chatted with Rittchard about late summer/early fall fashions (seriously, Hawaiian shirts made out of cashmere?), read it again and then made fun of it.  if they didn't want confusion they should have left the words 'to purchase' out of the list.  they didn't, and the mockery will continue.

'to purchase' is there so you know you don't get the things that aren't available to purchase.  Like the chase costumes that are drop only.
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 07:23:22 PM »

Founder's packs going away soon.
Open beta has been running until early access.
Lots of fixes since the last time I jumped in.
Client is also available on Steam now, but you will not be able to run it until launch so if you have early access you will need to re-download and re-patch the entire damn thing to play.

Gonna eat your face
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »

Game's now live for Ultimate Pack folks (there was some delay due to technical issues but the latest blog post suggests they finally resolved that), and launch is Tuesday, June 4.

https://marvelheroes.com/community/dev-blog/update-early-game-access
Update: 5:30am PDT The game is now live, if you own an Ultimate Pack, you can now get in and play!
Although I really haven't paid much attention, now that Van Helsing has my gamer blood circulating again, I might try this.

The graphics look a little small-ish to me but hey, it's from Brevik and Diablo never really had large characters either.

I always love shields, and missed D2's paladin, so Captain America speaks to me...
https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/captain-america

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »

If you're curious how it's shaping up on the early play weekend, my Steam bud Fuzzball is posting some vids on his TwitchTV page from the early going:
http://www.twitch.tv/quantum_fuzzball

I'm considering maybe getting the Avengers pack and giving it a whirl. I think on Steam it's a bit confusing because it seems to tell everyone they already "have" Marvel Heroes (since it's an F2P, I guess everyone has access to it starting Tuesday). But he was explaining that to me, and said if you get a premium pack on Steam, should be able to play now. And there's a Steam install shortcut if needed.

At the very least, I'm confident I won't get motion sickness with it.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:25:23 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »

I did get the Avengers pack and spent much of Saturday playing. Way, way more fun than I expected.  icon_smile Although I'd agree I don't know what legs it has, I did find it addictive.

Steam-wise, I believe it just tells everyone "you already have Marvel Heroes" because it's a Free to Play, and when it launches Tuesday, everyone on Steam will be able to click a button to install it.

If you want to install it now (I think it's about 9.3GB install):
But if you want the steam version, press the Windows button + R to open the "Run" menu and type:

Quote:
steam://run/226320/
Enter, and that will start the Steam installer.
If you've disabled the Windows key, you can (if your OS has a Start button), right click on START button, choose PROPERTIES, choose "CUSTOMIZE" button on the "Start Menu" tab, and enable "Run" there. It'll show up on the overall Start menu then.

The current version of the game is marked "release candidate," so it doesn't sound like we'd have to re-install the whole sucker Tuesday. I'm sure there'll be a big update though.

Certain open world Events seem to cause sound problems temporarily, and apparently that's one thing they'll be trying to fix short-term. I found that the Venom event (probably due to animation of him and his minions) for me caused the most issues with lag and sound. Most of the time, the game was very polished for me.  icon_smile

I'll post some screenshots and movies later. I have to take my car in for some work. If you have any questions about the game, now that I can chime in, ask away. I'm sure others can answer as well, they may be busy playing.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

My hodge-podge observations from a day of playing:
-Uses Unreal technology. Looks great -- if you zoom out, it looks more like a Diablo-type game; zoom in (it's smoothly adjustable, not a zoom toggle), and it looks almost more like a typical mmorpg.
-Great sound, but as mentioned, certainly open world events seem to overwhelm my sound (I saw others with similar issues, but they claim Gazillion's aware and is working on a fix)

-Yes in the early stages it's a little weird to be one of, say, a half dozen Iron Mans or Captain Americas or whomever running around on screen. I think you get used to it. I had a lot of fun and didn't spend much time fretting about that. This should dissipate once more players get higher in levels and can do more customizing of their look. Still, if you want to customize every square inch of your costume, and of the powers you can use, this might not be your thing (not the way Champions or the late City of Heroes was, in that respect).

-I'm only up to about L10, but I can say this really is an MMO. I mean, After the initial tutorial, you have areas full of other players. So far I have found them expansive enough not to feel like there aren't enough enemies to go after. I assume there is some sort of instancing in terms of a level so not too many are crammed in, but I'm not aware of a way to switch instances if so.
-Since this is more of Diablo ilk, you'll often be tackling huge hordes, and not "groups of 3"  icon_smile As with more typical mmorpgs, these will respawn after being vanquished.

-The levels apparently have some randomizing in terms of mission objective locations. More on this later, but I do have some frustration sometimes finding things.

-Your Options include one to "auto group" you when you step into group-focused instances. These are sprinkled about but I wouldn't say the game is heavily focused on that so far. The auto-grouping seems to work well.

-The Home button in the upper right corner teleports you to Avengers Tower, which has your stash, crafting NPC etc. The levels have Waypoints sprinkled throughout as well.

-The multiple characters are handled a bit differently than I'm used to. Each player has his own Roster of available heroes, and you can switch between them at will. If you choose to have a new hero start from scratch mission-wise, then you undo all your progress to that point that your higher hero might have made. Alternatively, you can just "grind" villains with your L1 hero to catch up.  I found the game far more forgiving than typical MMOs in terms of level difference. It may take your L1 hero longer to take down L5s, L8s etc. but you can get away with it and fairly quickly get him/her up to speed level wise.

-Since this is a "click and splurch" game like Diablo, I don't think classes are quite as emphasized in more typical mmorpgs. By that I mean, probably in an auto-group, you won't have people screaming at you to heal better, tank better etc. But you can probably guess that Hulk, The Thing or Thor is better suited to going toe to toe with something than characters more focused on range attacks. A few powers are of the group buff ilk (Captain America has some nice ones).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:05:01 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »

A few screenies of Cap and Daredevil's powers trees, and Cap using Shield Bounce (very fun). If the powers trees remind you a bit of Diablo II, well, hey, it's David Brevik, they should.  icon_smile I can assure you if you miss Diablo II's Paladin, you are gonna LOVE playing as Captain America in this. It's not identical but I just love his charges, shield whacks and shield tossing powers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:03:03 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

As far as the interface/UI goes, I'd call it sort of a Diablo + mmorpg lite system (a bit like Diablo 3's, and yet a bit like Diablo II's):

*The blue meter is "spirit," which is basically the "mana" on this game for using powers.
*You can change the key bindings under options.
*By default, it uses the row of A, S, D, F, G, H to let you use certain powers, or drag a medkit, power up serum etc. You drag the power from the powers screen (P key) onto the slot.
*I believe for the RMB power (maybe LMB too?), you may use the Function keys (F1, F2) for quick access to various powers for the mouse buttons. Like in Diablo II.

The little "people" icon in the lower right is to access your own roster of heroes to play (it has a hotkey too)

You have both a mini map in the upper right corner:

Or you can Tab it to an overlay map:

My only map beef is so much mission stuff is not marked on it until you're on top of the location. It seems like they want to encourage you to explore the open world maps, but sometimes I feel like I'm just running around in circles trying to clear the "fog of war" on the map and I just can't find key mission locations. I'm actually sorta stuck on a couple. Usually when I say that here, that's when i figure it out next time.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »

Eye-candy wise, you can play a bit when it's really zoomed in, now and then, and looks good since this is Unreal and all.

Hawkeye's zapper arrow.

Hulk.

Keep in mind these are sort of on "medium" video settings. I didn't see anything in Options to do really specific video settings. For now, it's a slider that changes a whole bunch of things on each of 4-5 presets.

For me the game runs really well except when I'm involved or in close proximity to certain open world event stuff (which I'd liken to when a bunch of heroes were battling an arch villain in City of Heroes)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:05:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »

And my promised video is up! Should be 1280X720HD once it's done processing, per YouTube.

Marvel Heroes Group Footage June 2013 (weekend head start)
http://youtu.be/a3BIi7oDNUo
*NOTE: If you plan to play, you might skip the two segments past the Ninjas sequence; they're boss battles in group instances.  icon_smile

While it's a blast to play in groups, sometimes I can barely see what is going on with all the visual FX. Options does have a slider to adjust visual FX from other players. But for now, I just enjoy the eye candy.  icon_smile

You can zoom in closer than what my footage shows (you'll see me zoom in here and there), but I find zoomed out to a Diabo type view-zoom works best for me playability-wise.

I love the Ninjas, among the more hyperactive enemies in the teens levels of the game.  ninja2

While Captain America can be tanky, I'm not quite there yet on the stats. There's an upcoming power that basically lets him hide behind his shield for a while, and should be helpful on the tougher group instance boss battles.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:33:14 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »

So I am playing as the Black Panther and so far I am enjoying the game a good bit more than I did in beta.  I have yet to see another Black Panther running around, I guess it is not a very popular character.  I am finding that the open world boss events are an absolute nightmare as a melee DPS character.  I often get one shot just trying to get in to melee, in part because there are so many people on screen throwing powers at the boss that I can't see him.  I simply have to find where his health bar pops up, and click and hold to have my guy chase after him.  I assume that will get better over time.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on June 03, 2013, 11:08:02 AM

So I am playing as the Black Panther and so far I am enjoying the game a good bit more than I did in beta.  I have yet to see another Black Panther running around, I guess it is not a very popular character.  I am finding that the open world boss events are an absolute nightmare as a melee DPS character.  I often get one shot just trying to get in to melee, in part because there are so many people on screen throwing powers at the boss that I can't see him.  I simply have to find where his health bar pops up, and click and hold to have my guy chase after him.  I assume that will get better over time.
The slider (in options) that adjusts visuals FX from other nearby players might help, though it would help more if maybe there was a hotkey toggle for a couple slider settings. Maybe one for normal use, the other when you're surrounded by other players in an event.

For those finding intro movies annoying, forums had this suggestion:
BitRaider version or if you have an existing shortcut:

Right click on your desktop shortcut. Select properties. In the Target Box type in "-nostartupmovies" (no parenthesis) at the end. Hit apply. This will take you directly to the log in screen.

For Steam Users who don't have an existing shortcut:

If you launch it from inside Steam, go into the game properties (right click on the game in your library and pick properties) and in the general tab you will see a Launch Options button - click in and paste in -nostartupmovies

You'll also notice that's where you can have Steam make a desktop shortcut if you desire. Put the switch into the Launch Options BEFORE making the shortcut, that way it will automatically be added as part of the shortcut when it's created.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:41:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »

If you're registered, today's patch notes are here:
https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/25018-Patch-Notes-Game-Update-Notes-6-4-2013-1-10-0-83

Many Daredevil and Storm got sweeping changes in their powers' stats.

I've pasted patch notes below; since it's pages long (this is the update in prep for today's launch), I put it in spoiler codes:

Patch Notes: Game Update Notes 6/4/2013 - 1.10.0.83
Spoiler for Hiden:
   Content Additions

As compensation for temporarily disabling Mighty Smash through excessive spirit cost, Hulk’s Power Points have been reset. You will need to re-spend power points.
        The Cinematics button on the Login screen has been enabled for your viewing pleasure! Click this button to watch all four episodes of the Chronicles of Doom, the prequel story for Marvel Heroes, which lead directly into the epic opening cinematic.

Content Changes
   UI Changes:

The look and feel for the Experience Bar has been simplified, so that it will display in one of two colors - blue if earning rested experience, and yellow if earning normal experience. The edges of the bars are now vertical lines to make it easier to determine your amount of experience at a glance.

Endgame and PVP Changes:

Changed the rarity of certain boss affixes in endgame.
        Rewards found in endgame activities have been changed to give more beneficial rewards when working with several other players.
        Increased PvP damage for all players.

Item Changes:

Doom Medal: Fear duration reduced to 3 seconds.

Mission Changes:

Changed display text on mission objectives to reference Kingpin's Warehouse, instead of Blood Rose Nightclub, to match name on waypoint terminal.

Boss Changes

Increased Doctor Doom’s health during phase 1 of his fight.

Hero Changes

Daredevil

Club Sweep: Damage scaling increased, damage synergy percentage decreased. Now deals double damage to slowed targets in addition to knocking them down.
        Evasive Kick: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Knockback Kick: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Opening Lunge: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Radar Ping: Buff/debuff duration increased.
        Rebounding Club: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Relentless Justice: Now adds some light resistance against forced movement (knock back, knock down, etc).
        Restorative Trance: Healing reduced slightly. Now removes all defenses while channeling.
        Swinging Assault: Damage synergy percentage increased. Now deals double damage to knocked down targets in addition to stunning them.
        Taser Club: Now knocks down foes, in order to better combine with other powers.
        Triple Strike: Damage synergy percentage increased.

Storm

Arctic Blizzard: Added area duration synergy from Freezing Tempest and Crashing Hail. Slow synergy with Freezing Tempest.
        Ball Lightning: Added damage synergies from Thundering Bolt and Chain Lightning. Slight increase in base damage.
        Buffeting Zephyr: Updated synergy from Sudden Tornado. Minor increase in base damage. Cost reduced
        Chain Lightning: Damage synergies from Thundering Bolt and Ball Lightning. Slight increase in damage scaling
        Crashing Hail: Minor damage scaling increase. Area duration synergy from Freezing Tempest and Arctic Blizzard.
        Elusive Blast: Base and scaling damage increase. Now only slows move speed. Slow synergy from Thundering Tempest.
        Freezing Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Arctic Blizzard and Crashing Hail, slow synergy from Elusive Blast.
        Goddess of Weather: Duration increased. Area and damage per strike increased.
        Gusting Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Refreshing Breeze and Quickening Tempest.
        Lightning Bolt: Increase damage scaling slightly.
        Lightning Column: Move some damage out of the base and into scaling.
        Lightning Rush: Damage synergy from Sirocco Rush.
        Lightning Storm: Damage synergy from Thundering Tempest.
        Quickening Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Gusting Tempest and Refreshing Breeze; tweak move speed and dodge bonuses.
        Refreshing Breeze: Defense buff scaling. Buff duration synergy from Gusting Tempest and Quickening Tempest.
        Sirocco Rush: Stun duration synergy from Lightning Rush.
        Stunning Bolt: Increase damage scaling slightly.
        Sudden Tornado: Updated synergy from Buffeting Zephyr. Minor increase in base damage. Cost reduced.
        Thundering Bolt: Damage synergies from Chain Lightning and Ball Lightning.
        Thundering Tempest: Cost decreased. Slow synergy from Arctic Blizzard. Damage synergy from Lightning Storm.

Misc Changes

Rested experience gains have been changed to be more consistent across different levels.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where players using missile powers (and a few other powers like Rocket Raccoon’s turrets) frequently failed to be awarded the proper experience when playing with others nearby.
        Experience is now scaled from your level and the level of the mission. This will remove unintended power leveling of low level players guided by a high level party. This fix was needed for missions only, as mobs and bosses were already working as intended.
        Added a fix that prevents artifacts that don't provide a costume visual effect from being used in the ‘Add Visuals to Costume’ crafting recipe.
        Fixed an issue where party member arrows would not show up when party members are very far apart.
        After switching to a new hero for the first time, resetting your progress via the UI pop-up now works correctly.
        Yellow arrow now functioning for Smash HYDRA! Mission.
        Fixed an issue where loading screen SFX would continue after loading into an area.
        Fixed the Intelligence Stat level 1 tooltip to display the correct value of -15% experience gain instead of -20%.
        Fixed various issues where clicking on an NPC would bring up a UI and the mouse would auto-click something in that UI unintentionally.
        Fixed a bug where you could get into a state where you could not Story Warp back to the Raft.
        Enemies associated with discovery missions no longer are stuck in inappropriate actions some times.
        Discovery missions in Mutate Caves will now respawn as intended.
        Fixed a bug where the lowest level gear upgrade recipes went from level 1-9 instead of 1-12.
        Artifact Visual Effect orbs will now be evenly spaced around the player.
        Fixed an issue where Med Kits would not always stack.
        Fixed issue where certain mob visual effects would get stuck on the ground.
        The buildings in ‘Mutant Town : Projects” now occlude properly.

Boss Fixes:

Bullseye's Mark For Death will no longer target turrets or other summoned entities. Bullseye will also no longer interrupt Mark For Death by switching to a different target.
        Portal will now spawn as intended when defeating MODOK.
        Fixed a bug where Shocker would stop attacking.
        Rhino's charging ability will be perform more reliably and accurately.
        Doctor Doom's Death From Above attack now plays visual effects in the correct location.
        Fixed an issue where Doctor Doom’s phase 2 appearance disappeared.

Hero/Power Fixes

Fixed FX for some powers (AOEs, including a lot of melee attacks) occasionally not playing when they kill an enemy.
        Black Widow: Tooltip fixed to properly display number of microdrones fired.
        Captain America: Combat Veteran now works properly.
        Cyclops: Basic powers synergy now works consistently.
        Deadpool: Fixed damage values in Stink Bomb's tooltip.
        Deadpool: Removed duplicate next rank tooltip from Armor Buster power.
        Deadpool: Shoot All the Bullets now properly receives extra damage from synergy.
        Hulk: Mighty Smash now works properly.
        Ms Marvel: Crashdown Strike now has knock down duration on tooltip.
        Ms Marvel: Stellar Flare can now be slotted on the right mouse button.
        Ms Marvel: Stellar Flare now has knock down duration on tooltip.
        Rocket Raccoon: Blaster Turret attack speed has been increased.
        Fixed an issue where slow powers would not slow.
        Fixed powers getting "stuck on" if you put the same power in the power bar twice.
        Fixed a case where you could get a power failing to activate on the server by spamming it repeatedly. The power would run on player’s client, but would not properly work on the server, thus it appears that the power did not work. Characters like Hulk and Colossus are examples of heroes that were affected by this.

Known Major Issues

Guild functionality is currently disabled, and War Machine has been temporarily removed from the game. This functionality will be re-enabled as soon as possible.
        French and German localization is almost, but not entirely complete; some English text may be found.
        Store icon for Spider-Man displays an incorrect costume; Spider-Man comes equipped with his Modern costume, not the Classic costume shown.
        Powers that deal damage over time currently cannot score critical hits.
        After being defeated by Pyro, there is a chance that players will be brought back to Xavier’s School rather than the beginning of the instance where Pyro is found.
        Cars may not respawn in city environments.
        Defeating the Green Goblin on the Raft will give you a hero token even if you have all of the Starter Heroes; this is not the final design.
        Elite and Champion Mobs do not have the correct health.
        Many Damage Over Time powers show a much higher damage in their tooltip than they deal.

Audio

Sound may be lost intermittently after changing locations.
        Rapid fire powers may erroneously stack sound effects.

Missions:

Find Agent Baker: Agent Baker does not spawn, so mission cannot be completed.
        Some ‘Discovery’ missions may not trigger correctly.

UI And In-Game Store:

Cinematics button on the log-in screen has two extra cinematics listed. Should only show Chronicles Of Doom and Game Opener.
        Red Mission Arrows do not trigger until getting extremely close to the appropriate mission objective.
        Clicking on a vendor may not send your hero directly to them.

Endgame – Daily Missions:

Avenger’s Mansion:
    o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Mini Map appears to be unpopulated and shows nothing.
    o Red Daily – Abandoned Subway - Shocker's AI intermittently stops working. He won't attack, but he'll turn to face you.

Xavier’s School/SHIELD Helicarrier:
    o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.
    o Green Daily – Castle Doom - Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.

Items:

Bloodstone Lion: Visual effects appear incorrectly.
        Green Goblin Medal: Green Goblin Medal poison cloud is invisible.

Characters:

Some emotes are not working for Cable, Deadpool.
        Flight powers can get locked when flying over food trucks.

Black Widow

Acrobatic Assault: This power can miss if the enemy is running towards you.

Black Panther

Some gear icons are black silhouettes – gear can still be equipped.

Captain America

Aggressive Shout: The power has both a 10 second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) buff. Only one of them is shown.
        Invigorating Shout: The power has a 10-second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) effect, but it does not show either of them. Health regeneration does not show up on character sheet

Cable

Searing Shot: Visual Effects when hitting enemy are not seen.
        Cable currently does not gain any stat points from leveling up.

Colossus

Lingering Boon: Tooltip is incorrect. Each rank actually extends aura duration by 2 seconds.

Rocket Raccoon

Forceful Shot: Power unlocks at level 12 and should unlock at level 10.
        Tactical Destruction: Tooltip does not correctly display bonus damage from shield cost.

Spider-Man

Evasive Websling: If there is no enemy targeted, power will land in incorrect location.

Thing:

Yancy Street Taunt: Can be used repeatedly without costing spirit after the initial spirit consumption.

Wolverine:

Regeneration Boost: Tooltip is incorrect. Power does not spend Fury to gain health faster as described.
        Smell Weakness: Damage vulnerability is causing the enemy to take less damage rather than more.
        Character sheet does not reflect health regeneration from Healing Factor (but displays resistances from passive powers).

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:46:43 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 04, 2013, 01:16:39 PM

If you're registered, today's patch notes are here:
https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/25018-Patch-Notes-Game-Update-Notes-6-4-2013-1-10-0-83

Many heroes got sweeping changes in their powers' stats.

I've pasted patch notes below; since it's pages long (this is the update in prep for today's launch), I put it in spoiler codes:

Patch Notes: Game Update Notes 6/4/2013 - 1.10.0.83
Spoiler for Hiden:
   Content Additions

As compensation for temporarily disabling Mighty Smash through excessive spirit cost, Hulk’s Power Points have been reset. You will need to re-spend power points.
        The Cinematics button on the Login screen has been enabled for your viewing pleasure! Click this button to watch all four episodes of the Chronicles of Doom, the prequel story for Marvel Heroes, which lead directly into the epic opening cinematic.

Content Changes
   UI Changes:

The look and feel for the Experience Bar has been simplified, so that it will display in one of two colors - blue if earning rested experience, and yellow if earning normal experience. The edges of the bars are now vertical lines to make it easier to determine your amount of experience at a glance.

Endgame and PVP Changes:

Changed the rarity of certain boss affixes in endgame.
        Rewards found in endgame activities have been changed to give more beneficial rewards when working with several other players.
        Increased PvP damage for all players.

Item Changes:

Doom Medal: Fear duration reduced to 3 seconds.

Mission Changes:

Changed display text on mission objectives to reference Kingpin's Warehouse, instead of Blood Rose Nightclub, to match name on waypoint terminal.

Boss Changes

Increased Doctor Doom’s health during phase 1 of his fight.

Hero Changes

Daredevil

Club Sweep: Damage scaling increased, damage synergy percentage decreased. Now deals double damage to slowed targets in addition to knocking them down.
        Evasive Kick: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Knockback Kick: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Opening Lunge: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Radar Ping: Buff/debuff duration increased.
        Rebounding Club: Damage synergy percentage increased.
        Relentless Justice: Now adds some light resistance against forced movement (knock back, knock down, etc).
        Restorative Trance: Healing reduced slightly. Now removes all defenses while channeling.
        Swinging Assault: Damage synergy percentage increased. Now deals double damage to knocked down targets in addition to stunning them.
        Taser Club: Now knocks down foes, in order to better combine with other powers.
        Triple Strike: Damage synergy percentage increased.

Storm

Arctic Blizzard: Added area duration synergy from Freezing Tempest and Crashing Hail. Slow synergy with Freezing Tempest.
        Ball Lightning: Added damage synergies from Thundering Bolt and Chain Lightning. Slight increase in base damage.
        Buffeting Zephyr: Updated synergy from Sudden Tornado. Minor increase in base damage. Cost reduced
        Chain Lightning: Damage synergies from Thundering Bolt and Ball Lightning. Slight increase in damage scaling
        Crashing Hail: Minor damage scaling increase. Area duration synergy from Freezing Tempest and Arctic Blizzard.
        Elusive Blast: Base and scaling damage increase. Now only slows move speed. Slow synergy from Thundering Tempest.
        Freezing Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Arctic Blizzard and Crashing Hail, slow synergy from Elusive Blast.
        Goddess of Weather: Duration increased. Area and damage per strike increased.
        Gusting Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Refreshing Breeze and Quickening Tempest.
        Lightning Bolt: Increase damage scaling slightly.
        Lightning Column: Move some damage out of the base and into scaling.
        Lightning Rush: Damage synergy from Sirocco Rush.
        Lightning Storm: Damage synergy from Thundering Tempest.
        Quickening Tempest: Minor cost decrease. Area duration synergy from Gusting Tempest and Refreshing Breeze; tweak move speed and dodge bonuses.
        Refreshing Breeze: Defense buff scaling. Buff duration synergy from Gusting Tempest and Quickening Tempest.
        Sirocco Rush: Stun duration synergy from Lightning Rush.
        Stunning Bolt: Increase damage scaling slightly.
        Sudden Tornado: Updated synergy from Buffeting Zephyr. Minor increase in base damage. Cost reduced.
        Thundering Bolt: Damage synergies from Chain Lightning and Ball Lightning.
        Thundering Tempest: Cost decreased. Slow synergy from Arctic Blizzard. Damage synergy from Lightning Storm.

Misc Changes

Rested experience gains have been changed to be more consistent across different levels.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where players using missile powers (and a few other powers like Rocket Raccoon’s turrets) frequently failed to be awarded the proper experience when playing with others nearby.
        Experience is now scaled from your level and the level of the mission. This will remove unintended power leveling of low level players guided by a high level party. This fix was needed for missions only, as mobs and bosses were already working as intended.
        Added a fix that prevents artifacts that don't provide a costume visual effect from being used in the ‘Add Visuals to Costume’ crafting recipe.
        Fixed an issue where party member arrows would not show up when party members are very far apart.
        After switching to a new hero for the first time, resetting your progress via the UI pop-up now works correctly.
        Yellow arrow now functioning for Smash HYDRA! Mission.
        Fixed an issue where loading screen SFX would continue after loading into an area.
        Fixed the Intelligence Stat level 1 tooltip to display the correct value of -15% experience gain instead of -20%.
        Fixed various issues where clicking on an NPC would bring up a UI and the mouse would auto-click something in that UI unintentionally.
        Fixed a bug where you could get into a state where you could not Story Warp back to the Raft.
        Enemies associated with discovery missions no longer are stuck in inappropriate actions some times.
        Discovery missions in Mutate Caves will now respawn as intended.
        Fixed a bug where the lowest level gear upgrade recipes went from level 1-9 instead of 1-12.
        Artifact Visual Effect orbs will now be evenly spaced around the player.
        Fixed an issue where Med Kits would not always stack.
        Fixed issue where certain mob visual effects would get stuck on the ground.
        The buildings in ‘Mutant Town : Projects” now occlude properly.

Boss Fixes:

Bullseye's Mark For Death will no longer target turrets or other summoned entities. Bullseye will also no longer interrupt Mark For Death by switching to a different target.
        Portal will now spawn as intended when defeating MODOK.
        Fixed a bug where Shocker would stop attacking.
        Rhino's charging ability will be perform more reliably and accurately.
        Doctor Doom's Death From Above attack now plays visual effects in the correct location.
        Fixed an issue where Doctor Doom’s phase 2 appearance disappeared.

Hero/Power Fixes

Fixed FX for some powers (AOEs, including a lot of melee attacks) occasionally not playing when they kill an enemy.
        Black Widow: Tooltip fixed to properly display number of microdrones fired.
        Captain America: Combat Veteran now works properly.
        Cyclops: Basic powers synergy now works consistently.
        Deadpool: Fixed damage values in Stink Bomb's tooltip.
        Deadpool: Removed duplicate next rank tooltip from Armor Buster power.
        Deadpool: Shoot All the Bullets now properly receives extra damage from synergy.
        Hulk: Mighty Smash now works properly.
        Ms Marvel: Crashdown Strike now has knock down duration on tooltip.
        Ms Marvel: Stellar Flare can now be slotted on the right mouse button.
        Ms Marvel: Stellar Flare now has knock down duration on tooltip.
        Rocket Raccoon: Blaster Turret attack speed has been increased.
        Fixed an issue where slow powers would not slow.
        Fixed powers getting "stuck on" if you put the same power in the power bar twice.
        Fixed a case where you could get a power failing to activate on the server by spamming it repeatedly. The power would run on player’s client, but would not properly work on the server, thus it appears that the power did not work. Characters like Hulk and Colossus are examples of heroes that were affected by this.

Known Major Issues

Guild functionality is currently disabled, and War Machine has been temporarily removed from the game. This functionality will be re-enabled as soon as possible.
        French and German localization is almost, but not entirely complete; some English text may be found.
        Store icon for Spider-Man displays an incorrect costume; Spider-Man comes equipped with his Modern costume, not the Classic costume shown.
        Powers that deal damage over time currently cannot score critical hits.
        After being defeated by Pyro, there is a chance that players will be brought back to Xavier’s School rather than the beginning of the instance where Pyro is found.
        Cars may not respawn in city environments.
        Defeating the Green Goblin on the Raft will give you a hero token even if you have all of the Starter Heroes; this is not the final design.
        Elite and Champion Mobs do not have the correct health.
        Many Damage Over Time powers show a much higher damage in their tooltip than they deal.

Audio

Sound may be lost intermittently after changing locations.
        Rapid fire powers may erroneously stack sound effects.

Missions:

Find Agent Baker: Agent Baker does not spawn, so mission cannot be completed.
        Some ‘Discovery’ missions may not trigger correctly.

UI And In-Game Store:

Cinematics button on the log-in screen has two extra cinematics listed. Should only show Chronicles Of Doom and Game Opener.
        Red Mission Arrows do not trigger until getting extremely close to the appropriate mission objective.
        Clicking on a vendor may not send your hero directly to them.

Endgame – Daily Missions:

Avenger’s Mansion:
    o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Mini Map appears to be unpopulated and shows nothing.
    o Red Daily – Abandoned Subway - Shocker's AI intermittently stops working. He won't attack, but he'll turn to face you.

Xavier’s School/SHIELD Helicarrier:
    o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.
    o Green Daily – Castle Doom - Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.

Items:

Bloodstone Lion: Visual effects appear incorrectly.
        Green Goblin Medal: Green Goblin Medal poison cloud is invisible.

Characters:

Some emotes are not working for Cable, Deadpool.
        Flight powers can get locked when flying over food trucks.

Black Widow

Acrobatic Assault: This power can miss if the enemy is running towards you.

Black Panther

Some gear icons are black silhouettes – gear can still be equipped.

Captain America

Aggressive Shout: The power has both a 10 second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) buff. Only one of them is shown.
        Invigorating Shout: The power has a 10-second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) effect, but it does not show either of them. Health regeneration does not show up on character sheet

Cable

Searing Shot: Visual Effects when hitting enemy are not seen.
        Cable currently does not gain any stat points from leveling up.

Colossus

Lingering Boon: Tooltip is incorrect. Each rank actually extends aura duration by 2 seconds.

Rocket Raccoon

Forceful Shot: Power unlocks at level 12 and should unlock at level 10.
        Tactical Destruction: Tooltip does not correctly display bonus damage from shield cost.

Spider-Man

Evasive Websling: If there is no enemy targeted, power will land in incorrect location.

Thing:

Yancy Street Taunt: Can be used repeatedly without costing spirit after the initial spirit consumption.

Wolverine:

Regeneration Boost: Tooltip is incorrect. Power does not spend Fury to gain health faster as described.
        Smell Weakness: Damage vulnerability is causing the enemy to take less damage rather than more.
        Character sheet does not reflect health regeneration from Healing Factor (but displays resistances from passive powers).

I only see two heroes with sweeping changes this patch, not 'many'  ninja
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »

Corrected.

And, Marvel Heroes is now live, and playable by everybody. So get in there, try it and start bitching about it right here people!!!  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 07:54:41 PM »

The patch is taking forever to download.  I am using the bitraider client, not sure if I would be better served to uninstall and reinstall through Steam or not.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 08:12:55 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on June 04, 2013, 07:54:41 PM

The patch is taking forever to download.  I am using the bitraider client, not sure if I would be better served to uninstall and reinstall through Steam or not.

you almost certainly would be better off switching to the steam one.  bitraider has been taking forever every patch for all of beta.  it's a horrible patching client
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 09:37:49 PM »

Blackjack's fearful predictions of the Top Complaints....

-Why isn't it an FPS?
-Why isn't it third-person?
-It's not like WoW.
-It's like WoW but plays like Diablo.
-Hero drops don't drop often enough
-The Hero Roster System is screwy
-Hero ____ is underpowered
-Hero ____ is overpowered
-My Hero leveling is too fast
-My Hero leveling is too slow
-The F2P store sucks
-All the good stuff you have to pay for in the F2P store
-Too much loot drops
-Too much crappy loot drops
-My inventory's not big enough
-Too much group-focused content
-Not enough group-focused content
-Costumes not customizable enough

That'll get the discussion ball rolling!  smirk

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

why isn't this a third person FPS that's not quite like WoW but plays like Diablo in a Borderlands 2 sort of way?

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 02:45:14 AM »

What I have seen so far:

1) Yes, your inventory is way too small. And you surprisingly can't increase it.
2) You can't see what characters are 'classed' as on the Store page (or if you can I didn't see it). Is there a listing of what all the characters are considered (like Ranged Damage, Melee Tank, Ranged Controller, etc)?

But so far I'm having fun with it (with Storm). Yeah, it's Marvel Diablo, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but it's fun.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 05, 2013, 02:45:14 AM

What I have seen so far:

1) Yes, your inventory is way too small. And you surprisingly can't increase it.
2) You can't see what characters are 'classed' as on the Store page (or if you can I didn't see it). Is there a listing of what all the characters are considered (like Ranged Damage, Melee Tank, Ranged Controller, etc)?

But so far I'm having fun with it (with Storm). Yeah, it's Marvel Diablo, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but it's fun.
D, it's not always easily dilneated. With Cap for example, you can distribute skill points in a way that he's a tough tank, or into his shield tossing skills to be more of a ranged attacker, or you can spread points across all 3 trees (as I've done) and end up with a guy who's mediocre at everything and dies a lot.  icon_razz

I find my Cap in late teens is constantly out of spirit (he has one 10-12 second aura that gives a higher spirit max), constantly dying (due probably to defense being too low, but also probably just to a clumsy mix of powers.

I thought Iron Man would be more of a tank/ranged DPS hybrid but he seems more focused on ranged DPS period in the early going.

I recommend these YouTube video "leveling guides" by a site called Vertibox Gaming:
https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/21305-Marvel-Heroes-Leveling-Guides
Note that some balancing changes may have occurred since the vids were posted. I'm not totally up to date on all that.  icon_smile

If you're not registered yet, I think you can look up "Vertibox Gaming" on YouTube to pull them up.  Very helpful. I can see I already made some bad mistakes in my skills mixes, and may heed some advice to do a respec soon.

I think the game could inform players a bit more about what a particular hero is going to be like to play. Like in the store, the heroes have (afik) no descriptions whatsoever. They just assume you know what, say, Cable is and would be like to play. I'd like to think that's maybe somewhere on the "future quality of life improvements" list.

On inventory, one thing to keep in mind is you can access crafting items in your stash from any crafter in the game. While it's tempting to just ignore crafting components for space, once you donate enough stuff to upgrade your crafter to L3+, you can start adding very helpful modifiers to rare and epic items, and dismantling higher quality crafting components when needed for recipes/formulas.

And I forget what mission this happens on, but eventually you receive "holo crafter" and "holo vendor" items. These have cooldown periods, and I'm not entirely certain if they are one use consumables, or something you can use over and over.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:59:30 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

As far as what heroes might be close to classes in more typical mmorpgs, it's kind of fun to consult things like the Marvel Comics database. The Marvel Heroes iteration doesn't always have exactly the same powers/weapons as the comics, but it gives some idea imho:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page

*If you pull up a hero there, click on the name link, and then scroll down to the end for a list of the hero's powers in the comics.

I'm still mostly just klutzing away with Captain America so probably I can't really offer much insight until I've tried more variety of heroes long-term.

fwiw, my pal Nighthawk who was trying Storm (who dropped early for him) said she was "ridiculously awesome" to play.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:11:37 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: