http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 06:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Mmorpg  (Read 2422 times)
Semaj
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2006, 01:53:03 AM »

Anyone heard anythign about it?

I heard they announced it was a joit coloboration with microsoft?

Please tell me my ears are wrong..

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:55:58 AM »

The only thing I know about it is how they were litigating against City of Heroes/Villians because of it.

I'm actually amazed how all these companies have themselves fooled into thinking they are going to make TONS of money with MMOGs.

Personally, I think it's taken the focus away from where it should be: quality online play among smaller groups of people.  And even, dare I voice it, co-operative multiplayer.
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 12:57:20 PM »

I had not heard about a Marvel MMO, but did know about a DC one.  I suspect its only a matter of time before Marvel makes such an announcement.

I have to agree that the flooding of under par MMO games is ruining the MMO market for me.  All they see is the dollar signs and most have no idea what it takes to make a broad base of players content.

Michael Haniotes

"When you woke up this morning you put your faith in something or someone, what or who was it?"
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelmmorpg/index.html

Apparently its going to xbox 360 first, then pc...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 07:51:38 AM »

What the heck?
I thought Sony was doing a Marvel MMO game too.. or did I get them mixed up?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:54 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
What the heck?

The Sony one is using the DC Comics license.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Slipblade
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:03:59 AM »

Quote from: Graham on July 28, 2006, 06:56:54 PM

Quote from: corruptrelic
What the heck?

The Sony one is using the DC Comics license.

And yet they still cant get any mmo right and they decide to being another out??
infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 05:11:08 PM »

As I die-hard DC fan, I was thrilled when they announced a MMO. With Jim Lee directing art, no less!

Then, I kept reading. Published by Sony, and made by the same folks who made The Matrix Online.

*woe*

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 08:14:47 PM »

How could they possibly do it differently than CoX?  Ok so you can use "real" superheros but there is only one Superman so who gets to play him?  No one, he has to be an NPC....

Then again, WoW took EQ on and basically kicked its butt, so I guess you never know.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 11:11:03 PM »

If DC does anythign right here would eb my predictions:

1) Meet and interact with superhero's... as in maybe World events where *Insert random unstoppable villian* goes through the town with his minions and you get to help fight it off...  Superman might have missions he cant do, but mayeb you can.

2) Less of a grind feeling, lots of sidequests where random interesting things happen as you level.

3) More of a DC comic feel.  Myabe They will have gotham where everythign that occurs is very Dark like batman.  And a Metropolis where everything is more over the top.  I'd like multiple places for people to go for the same level that are ocmpletely different in feel, would really add a lot.

4) You could be a green lantern, or set alien races that you cant be anywehre else.  You now get all the cool places and powers that DC universe does.  Maybe allowing for classes with a decent variety, for instance the amazon class where if you get flying, you are one of the vulture women, or if you get invunerablity you are from paradise island... etc.

there is a lot they could do right or differently to make it interesting.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 12:52:01 AM »

Anybody have any links to further details on this game?
As it stands, there is nothing about what your role will be in Marvel Universe Online.
Will you be playing the well known characters, or just a Joe Blow hero you create in the Marvel Universe?

Gonna eat your face
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »

Sort of off-topic... ok, well, way off topic, but...

I went over to a friend's house yesterday who was playing City of Heroes when I got there.

I watched him for a bit and thought it looked kind of fun, so asked if I could make a guy and try things out. 

Long story short... I played around with the character creation part for OVER an hour.   :icon_eek:

Never did get to actually play the game though, as we were called for dinner.  But man alive, character creation (well, the costume part anyway) is insane!  It's remarkable what you can do and the costume combinations there are.  I bet I could spend another two to three hours EASY just making costumes. 

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »

From what I've heard Cryptic who made CoH/CoV are making the Marvel one also.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:50:31 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on December 04, 2006, 05:24:35 PM

That is true. I'm guessing it's what 'ended' the lawsuit Marvel had over Cryptic.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 05:44:57 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on December 04, 2006, 04:09:14 PM

Sort of off-topic... ok, well, way off topic, but...

I went over to a friend's house yesterday who was playing City of Heroes when I got there.

I watched him for a bit and thought it looked kind of fun, so asked if I could make a guy and try things out. 

Long story short... I played around with the character creation part for OVER an hour.   :icon_eek:

Never did get to actually play the game though, as we were called for dinner.  But man alive, character creation (well, the costume part anyway) is insane!  It's remarkable what you can do and the costume combinations there are.  I bet I could spend another two to three hours EASY just making costumes. 

When I was playing CoH, that's what my friend did.  Over.  And over.  And over.

Every time I logged in, he had a new character.  If somebody came out with a game which was JUST that character creation screen, and then viewing the created character in 3d, my friend would probably 'play' that for a year.

[edit] and yet, for some reason, he doesn't want to play Freedom Force.  Another funny thing about him: he loves the D&D Bioware games, but doesn't want to play KotOR (and he is a SW fan, too).  He has some amusing quirks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:47:10 PM by unbreakable » Logged
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on December 04, 2006, 08:50:31 PM

Quote from: SkyLander on December 04, 2006, 05:24:35 PM

That is true. I'm guessing it's what 'ended' the lawsuit Marvel had over Cryptic.

Actually, I think Cryptic could make a really kick-butt game if they take their ideas and experience, and roll it into a well funded game... with a license!  I have high hopes for the Marvel game.  Sadly, not so much for the DC (ugh... SOE... blech...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: