http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 08:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lvl 35 Elite Mob in Goldshire?  (Read 1448 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2004, 12:44:35 AM »

Yep.  some dude trained Stitches who can be found in Darkshire all the way to Goldshire.  Imagine the suprise of some lvl 6 human rogue, when they see that beast walking along...

Here's the video
http://tinyurl.com/6ayr2

Here's the thread
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=178743&P=1
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 01:22:54 AM »

I know many were screaming about "griefing", but I found this to be a terrific  idea. I imagine that the majority of the lowbies found it to be really exciting to have something so powerful running around their little peaceful village and felt a great sense of group accomplishment when he went down.

Now...if these guys were doing it on a regular basis I wouldn't be so pleased by the idea, but it was fabulous as a one-time deal.
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 01:23:47 AM »

Westfall also has some big-ass vulture thing (Vultrus?) flying around above the pumpkin farm in the NE of the zone.  If I recall, he was 26 Elite.  I saw him when I was about lvl 20, so me attacking him wasnt going to happen, and it was about 4am, so nobody was around to take him down.

I would like to take a bite out of him now that Im lvl 28, but havent seen him again.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 01:40:25 AM »

well it's not griefing, since it can't attack or kill anyone, unless you initiate the attack.  So if some big as mob is walking around in goldshire, already aggrod on the guy who trained it there, and you decided to take a stab, and eventually die, well that's your own fault.  It's not like, he brought it there and it went beserk on everybody.

On page 16 on that thread a blizzard employee talks about that
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 02:19:56 AM »

thats a great video.

Zap Rowsdower
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 06:43:02 PM »

Quote from: "naednek"
well it's not griefing, since it can't attack or kill anyone, unless you initiate the attack.  So if some big as mob is walking around in goldshire, already aggrod on the guy who trained it there, and you decided to take a stab, and eventually die, well that's your own fault.  It's not like, he brought it there and it went beserk on everybody.

On page 16 on that thread a blizzard employee talks about that

Not quite. During the discussion, the PC doing the pulling dragged stitches into the inn, at which point, that PC got killed. Stiches, being a monster, then resorts back to its normal AI, "Kill everything in sight." Despite what Blizzard has said, Stiches will attack people nearby. (He's done it to me in Darkwood a few times.)
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 07:10:39 PM »

(He's done it to me in Darkwood a few times.)

Right, because you were in Darkwood where he is supposed to attack on sight.

Like the Blizzard guy said, if you lead a mob away from its zone/area then its behavior changes and it will only attack players who have gained aggro by attacking it.  It wont resort back to its normal AI until it gets back to its zone.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: