http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 09:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTRO - State of the game  (Read 51688 times)
Reemul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »

I can't get LOTRO to work anymore getting this error, anyone got any ideas? Offical forums seem quiet.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326082

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2008, 11:53:52 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on December 20, 2008, 10:16:18 PM

I can't get LOTRO to work anymore getting this error, anyone got any ideas? Offical forums seem quiet.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326082

Looks to me like the launcher either can't find the Tahoma font in your system, or you've recently installed something that has overwritten that font with one that doesn't support regular formatting. Ring a bell?
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »

Thanks TiLT. I downloaded the font again and it works fine, not sure what has happened.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:48:23 AM by Reemul » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on December 21, 2008, 09:41:26 AM

Can't think of anything, is it possible to download the font again?

try here, Reemul: http://fonts.appliedlanguage.com/tahoma_font.shtml

btw, what server are you going to play on? I'd love to hook up with you and Tals again, although Tals have been ABSENT! (Did you hear that, Tals! ;-) )

A new one
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »

I have a couple of old toons on snowbourn i am playing atm, I have a 24 hunter and 16 champion.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2008, 04:02:57 AM »

I'm FREE! FREE at last!  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »

I just resubbed this weekend and started a bunch of new characters on Elendilmir (sic?).

Anyone still playing on that server?  I have a loremaster up to about 20 and will be interested in some company soon.  Suggestions for kinships?  How's the low-level grouping these days?  etc....

Thanks in advance!

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on July 06, 2009, 06:21:19 PM

I just resubbed this weekend and started a bunch of new characters on Elendilmir (sic?).

Anyone still playing on that server?  I have a loremaster up to about 20 and will be interested in some company soon.  Suggestions for kinships?  How's the low-level grouping these days?  etc....

Thanks in advance!
on Brandywine, the most populated server
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »

Anyone still playing on that server?  I have a loremaster up to about 20 and will be interested in some company soon.  Suggestions for kinships?  How's the low-level grouping these days?  etc....

Thanks in advance!
I'm on Elendilmir (I can't ever spell it correctly either  icon_lol), mostly playing L37 guardian "Geowaru." Look me up when you reach the 30s.  icon_cool Actually, holler if you ever need a hand with something.

I play a lot on weekends but not so much during the week.

I'm sort of stuck on the "gaunt men" epic storyline quest that's technically Level 28 (but the nasties use a particularly virulent disease/poison I'm having trouble coping with solo). That's over in the Lone Lands region. I could definitely use a hand on that one.  icon_smile

Group-wise, make sure you have the "LFF" channel active on chat tab. I'm not a big fan of people spamming in there (saying something 25 times straight quickly), but you can usually get groups going via that channel, with some patience. It frustrates me that Funcom won't add a specific "LFF" channel to AoC's messed up chat system -- it's really quite helpful in LOTRO imho for grouping.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:26:09 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »

Okay, thanks!

I'm mostly on my LM (22 atm) named Shrewdriel.  I have a Hunter named Shrewdwig and a hobbit burglar named, naturally, McButterpants.

I'll give a holler sometime.

Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:41 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 08, 2009, 05:24:11 PM

Anyone still playing on that server?  I have a loremaster up to about 20 and will be interested in some company soon.  Suggestions for kinships?  How's the low-level grouping these days?  etc....

Thanks in advance!
I'm on Elendilmir (I can't ever spell it correctly either  icon_lol), mostly playing L37 guardian "Geowaru." Look me up when you reach the 30s.  icon_cool Actually, holler if you ever need a hand with something.

I play a lot on weekends but not so much during the week.

I'm sort of stuck on the "gaunt men" epic storyline quest that's technically Level 28 (but the nasties use a particularly virulent disease/poison I'm having trouble coping with solo). That's over in the Lone Lands region. I could definitely use a hand on that one.  icon_smile

Group-wise, make sure you have the "LFF" channel active on chat tab. I'm not a big fan of people spamming in there (saying something 25 times straight quickly), but you can usually get groups going via that channel, with some patience. It frustrates me that Funcom won't add a specific "LFF" channel to AoC's messed up chat system -- it's really quite helpful in LOTRO imho for grouping.
I know I can deal with disease, but poison?

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »

The sigil gaunt men (signature epic boss types) are nasty, and they have enough pets to be doubly annoyng. I just need one or two buds to help with that, I'm sure then we could take them down fast enough for the damage over time not to be an issue, although for sure some sort of healer type is helpful.

I think I have a Guardian trait that adds substantial resistance to most kinds of elemental/poison etc. damage, but not sure if it would cover what the gaunt men do.

I guess I could finally pick up a bow skill for my guard at some point, it might give me more solo options. I've chatted with some Warden types who just hit nasty bosses with burning javelins a bit, and let the DoT take care of them, and I guess my Hunter did that to an extent. It's just sometimes if you get too far away from them, I think they "reset", run back to their original spot, and get all their health back quickly.

I got on a nice pick up group for Thief Taker's Bane (group quest in Evindem with wave attacks) last night, and 3 guys stuck around to help me solve a problematic small-group quest elsewhere in the zone. I offered to return the favor, but we pretty much split up at that point. It was a nice, productive evening though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:18:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 09, 2009, 05:14:37 PM

The sigil gaunt men (signature epic boss types) are nasty, and they have enough pets to be doubly annoyng. I just need one or two buds to help with that, I'm sure then we could take them down fast enough for the damage over time not to be an issue, although for sure some sort of healer type is helpful.

I think I have a Guardian trait that adds substantial resistance to most kinds of elemental/poison etc. damage, but not sure if it would cover what the gaunt men do.

I guess I could finally pick up a bow skill for my guard at some point, it might give me more solo options. I've chatted with some Warden types who just hit nasty bosses with burning javelins a bit, and let the DoT take care of them, and I guess my Hunter did that to an extent. It's just sometimes if you get too far away from them, I think they "reset", run back to their original spot, and get all their health back quickly.

I got on a nice pick up group for Thief Taker's Bane (group quest in Evindem with wave attacks) last night, and 3 guys stuck around to help me solve a problematic small-group quest elsewhere in the zone. I offered to return the favor, but we pretty much split up at that point. It was a nice, productive evening though.
I've been running through the bree-lands practicing using Cracked Earth (initial damage, root (after 10s) for 30s) not only because it has its own deed but because its a really fun and sustainable way to kill large numbers of mobs (albeit slowly).  I absolutely LOVE managing the chaos as an LM.

Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:45 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on July 10, 2009, 02:30:34 PM

I've been running through the bree-lands practicing using Cracked Earth (initial damage, root (after 10s) for 30s) not only because it has its own deed but because its a really fun and sustainable way to kill large numbers of mobs (albeit slowly).  I absolutely LOVE managing the chaos as an LM.

That's an interesting one. Don't think I see loremasters use that one very often.

Ale
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »

Quote from: Alefroth on July 10, 2009, 03:40:45 PM

Quote from: Hotfreak on July 10, 2009, 02:30:34 PM

That's an interesting one. Don't think I see loremasters use that one very often.

Ale
It's probably horribly sloppy and inefficient, but I'm getting a kick out of it.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »

Been playing Landorval and having a good time on my Warden.  Moria is a epic zone and I actually like the LI system.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »

I finally got around to logging into Mylotro (the social site for the game).

My Geowaru's page is here:
http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/geowaru/

It looks like you get a decent amount of space for image gallery stuff, so I'm going to put a few screenies there to get started.

Because of privacy concerns, they added a nice feature under "MyAdmin" where you can disable any or all of your characters from public view [belatedly, I realize they set these all to anonymous/private by default, which makes sense). I don't PvP so I don't much care, but I know a lot of PvP folks would rather others not know their equipment (you can inspect characters in-game, though I think there's an option somewhere to disable that as well).

------------------------
My kinship is largely inactive these days, but does have a page there at:
http://my.lotro.com/kinship-elendilmir-shadows_bane/

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:27:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »

Hotfreak I sent you a tell in game last night saying hi. My toons name is Hanton.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »

Chatted with Hotfreak a bit in game. It's fun. "It's me! So and so from the Gaming Trend forums." is like a fraternity greeting in online games.  icon_smile

So now I realize so few players are journal/blogging in my.lotro.com, that pretty much anything you write will get highlighted at the main page right away. Then again, probably nobody's viewing.  icon_razz

Actually, I did get a couple nice comments from people I didn't know (it's set for comments not to appear unless you moderate them as OK), and it's kinda nice to know you have an audience there focused on the game.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2009, 05:04:49 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on July 12, 2009, 01:00:04 PM

Hotfreak I sent you a tell in game last night saying hi. My toons name is Hanton.
Ah, sorry I missed it.  Have a very unfiltered General Chat running mostly and don't check the IM bar much as I don't know too many people yet. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2009, 09:37:55 PM »

Hey, on Elendilmir, I'm [i.e., Geowaru] getting kinda desperate to get a group together to complete this book chapter quest:

Quest:Vol. I, Book 4, Chapter 5: Hiding in the Dark

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Quest:Vol._I,_Book_4,_Chapter_5:_Hiding_in_the_Dark

This is over in the Trollshaws. Have to get to 3 disparately located caves, and rummage around deep in their bowels to "shine your beryl" (don't try that in public). It's for large fellowships, and I've had zero luck all week in getting or finding any groups for it (everyone seems to be 3 chapters behind or 1-3 chapters ahead of this).

Yeah I know, I should get in a busier kinship, but I feel close to the folks in mine and I'm not quite willing to defect just yet.  icon_smile

One City of Heroes feature I'd love to see Turbine steal for LOTRO is the option to let different kinships "affiliate" and then have an "affiliated kinships" chat tab so you can seek help from other affiliate kins. In COH this is sort of a "Supergroup Alliance," that was really useful for my small SG -- we could communicate with other SGs and use their bases (if they allowed it) etc. And with a couple characters, I'd join other SGs but would be able to keep in touch with my old SG via the alliance (or whatever it was called) chat tab.

Anyway, thought I'd mention my quest travail here, though I don't gather there are enough GTers on this particular serve at my particular level (41ish).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:47:23 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »

Blackjack, I can help you with that quest, just send me a tell in game. I may be able to get some kin folk to help too if we have the right timing.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »

Thanks, though my timing is always bad.  icon_razz A 60 minstrel who is about the only regular reader of my my.lotro blog right now (I'll it to my sig here, might as well plug it shamelessly drool), offered to assist, though I have no idea what times she plays.

I'll look ya up. I don't want to be a pest about it. It just seems like a good time to do it as most of the solo content I have left is way over in Angmar, and the Farochel content is a bit tough (it's mostly mid 40s, and i'm 41 though of course Guardians rule the world  icon_smile).

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »

I've slowed down my playing in lotro.  My Warden hit 52 and I think I might have hit the wall. I've enjoyed the game, but Ifeel like I am grinding now. Didn't have that feeling til I hit 50

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 15, 2009, 07:03:19 PM

I've slowed down my playing in lotro.  My Warden hit 52 and I think I might have hit the wall. I've enjoyed the game, but Ifeel like I am grinding now. Didn't have that feeling til I hit 50

You shouldn't feel like you're grinding at that level. The levels around 50 are the most densely populated levels in terms of quests, so you should be able to cherry-pick just what you want. Perhaps you should try doing the main story quests from Shadows of Angmar? The story is really good.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2009, 05:53:11 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on December 15, 2008, 04:13:55 PM

Wait... it glows blue only when you're near goblins or orcs?  Seriously?  That's pretty dang cool!

Yup. Any weapon with a bonus against a certain creature type will glow when in the vicinity of that creature. And yes, it's pretty dang cool smile

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »

Hmm, I have an idea for a poll: what's your favorite zone to quest in, in LOTRO? I'll post something later when I'm at home. It's an awful lot of zones to list, I guess. Might be hard to make it multiple choice.  icon_smile

With me, I want to say North Downs (Esteldin, Trestlebridge, etc.) is my fave. I like that Esteldin's sort of a semi-central hub, and that there are so many things to do (solo, small fellowship and large fellowship) in every direction from there, without having to travel an obnoxious distance. I do wish it had an auction house on location, but I guess they need some reason to make you use your Call to Bree skill.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:39:04 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »

Turbine devs and community reps have quite a few blogs at my.lotro.com that are fun and/or interesting to read. Orion (a senior designer I think) probably does the most interesting and often-updated one. Here's a few of their blog links in case anyone's interested or wants to bookmark 'em:

Turbine Community
http://my.lotro.com/turbinecommunity/
Features weekly roundups of all things LOTRO

Orion's Blog (senior designer Allan Maki)
http://my.lotro.com/Orion/
He uses the optional "wall" comments widget in the lower left to do sort of a running, unofficial Q&A with fans.

Berephon's Blog (another LOTRO dev)
http://my.lotro.com/berephon/

Tarrant's Blog (dev, seems to work on interface stuff)
http://my.lotro.com/tarrant/

Patience's Blog (community rep; posts some funny stuff)
http://my.lotro.com/patience/

Clover's Blog (I think another community rep; nicely goofy)
http://my.lotro.com/clover/

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »

Interesting "tell the community team" thread seeking answers to specific feedback questions. This is my chance to tell them to borrow City of Heroes "supergroup coalition" feature (this COH EU page is from when it was introduced: http://eu.cityofheroes.com/en/news/game_updates/C209):

Tell the Community Team
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=3881622#post3881622
Question 1
You’re put in charge of a developer event (e.g. play with the devs, irc chat, Q&A, etc). What would you do? Be creative!

Question 2
If you could change anything about our Game Masters (GM) policies or abilities, what 3 changes would you make?

Question 3
If you could take one feature from any other game (even non-MMOs) and add it to LOTRO, what would it be?
Just remember to login and answer the questions There (at official forums). Answering it here won't really accomplish anything, other than that someone will probably disagree with all of your answers.  icon_razz At the official forums, it sounds like they're moderating it strictly and any "your idea is stupid, crazy, not as good as my ideas, etc." posts are removed immediately.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:43:08 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 17, 2009, 03:40:59 PM

Interesting "tell the community team" thread seeking answers to specific feedback questions. This is my chance to tell them to borrow City of Heroes "supergroup coalition" feature (this COH EU page is from when it was introduced: http://eu.cityofheroes.com/en/news/game_updates/C209):

Tell the Community Team
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=3881622#post3881622
Question 1
You’re put in charge of a developer event (e.g. play with the devs, irc chat, Q&A, etc). What would you do? Be creative!

Question 2
If you could change anything about our Game Masters (GM) policies or abilities, what 3 changes would you make?

Question 3

If you could take one feature from any other game (even non-MMOs) and add it to LOTRO, what would it be?
Just remember to login and answer the questions There (at official forums). Answering it here won't really accomplish anything, other than that someone will probably disagree with all of your answers.  icon_razz At the official forums, it sounds like they're moderating it strictly and any "your idea is stupid, crazy, not as good as my ideas, etc." posts are removed immediately.

They do have the supergroup coalition feature somewhat. If your kinship has specific user created channels that they use. For instance mine uses an alliance channel with several other Kins. Are you using user created channels in game, in addition to the regular game channels? I pointed out to Hotfreak that there is a really active global LFF channel on Elindilmir. type "/joinchannel glff" i see people advertising for fellowships on there for 1.4 stuff all the time.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2009, 05:59:42 PM »

Thanks. No I'm not familiar with any of that custom channel stuff. While I like the LOTRO interface, there's a lot of stuff that I was spoiled on in COH that does require knowing slash command lingo to do in other MMOs. So I've gone ahead and pitched that at the oficiale forums (my first post there ever, maybe my last). I'm skeptical any major "quality of life" improvements will get into the game (due to time, resources limitations) until/unless there's another paid expansion in the works.

I'll make a note of the global LFF channel, thanks agin.  icon_smile

Is there some limit on the number of chat tabs you can have, btw? I only have 4, I think. Yet there's no longer a "create a new tab" option when I right click any chat tab to configure it. I distinctly remember being able to add chat tabs wily-nily last year. I'm perplexed.  confused
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:03:05 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2009, 03:59:04 AM »

Senior content designer Orion chimed in at forums a bit about his work on a revamp of the Lone Lands region (the revamp is apparently on the levels 22-32 portion of the zone), including a revamp of epic quests there:

Wait for Lonelands revamp?
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=3892221#post3892221
Lonelands will cover levels 22 - 32 and will overhaul the epic quest line there significantly. Yes, there are new quests planned. Yes there are new camps planned. I've been given leave to make some adjustments to an area that is much maligned as well.

Start looking at my blog on or about Thursday this week 7/23 and I will be offering a day by day account of the revamp...at least a little section of it that is.
Orion's blog is at:
http://my.lotro.com/Orion/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:54:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2009, 04:30:41 AM »

That's strange... The Lone-Lands have always been levels 17-30+. What happened to the first 5 levels?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2009, 12:52:11 PM »

I think what Orion means is that the revamp pertains only to the 22-32 portion of the Lone Lands. Or at least the revamp portion he's working on (I've re-worded my post as I probably caused that confusion  icon_redface)

He's a content designer so what he seems to work on is mostly quests, rewards, mobs etc.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:55:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »

And here I was thinking that the first part of the Lone-Lands is the part that needs the most work. Tongue

Seriously, it's just kill-quest after kill-quest in the first part of the zone, with the occasional FedEx quest that sends you all the way back to Bree.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 22, 2009, 03:19:17 PM

And here I was thinking that the first part of the Lone-Lands is the part that needs the most work. Tongue

Seriously, it's just kill-quest after kill-quest in the first part of the zone, with the occasional FedEx quest that sends you all the way back to Bree.

I know that they're revisiting and revising all of the original content so whatever level range it actually falls in, count on the Forsaken Inn and Weathertop area being given a sprucing up smile

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2009, 12:54:07 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 22, 2009, 04:30:41 AM

That's strange... The Lone-Lands have always been levels 17-30+. What happened to the first 5 levels?
Since Breelands now cover up to 20 or 21, I'm guessing the Lone Lands are being redone so that Forsaken Inn will be 22 to 25-ish, and it gets higher as you head East. Right now if you do all the quests in Breelands and then go to Lone Lands, you hit green quests unless you skip Forsaken Inn entirely and just head to Ost Guruth.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2009, 02:33:30 AM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on July 23, 2009, 12:54:07 AM

Quote from: TiLT on July 22, 2009, 04:30:41 AM

Since Breelands now cover up to 20 or 21, I'm guessing the Lone Lands are being redone so that Forsaken Inn will be 22 to 25-ish, and it gets higher as you head East. Right now if you do all the quests in Breelands and then go to Lone Lands, you hit green quests unless you skip Forsaken Inn entirely and just head to Ost Guruth.

This was my exact experience. I didn't even complete all the Breelands quests but was still rapidly outleveling the Forsaken Inn.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2009, 03:43:45 PM »

I have my first quests to Lone Lands at level 17. I need to find that Forsaken Inn for my Rune Keeper class quest.

I'll probably try to finish up some Bree quests before I go, but I'm not looking forward to more fedex/running back and forth quests. Bree was pretty brutal with that and it's just not fun anymore. What's weird about LOTRO is that you really can't skip many quests since you miss out on the opportunity to unlock deeds and such. I'm just kind of floating around where quests take me, but i'm sure i'm missing out on some good unlocks, etc.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »

Quote from: Jag on July 23, 2009, 03:43:45 PM

I have my first quests to Lone Lands at level 17. I need to find that Forsaken Inn for my Rune Keeper class quest.

I'll probably try to finish up some Bree quests before I go, but I'm not looking forward to more fedex/running back and forth quests. Bree was pretty brutal with that and it's just not fun anymore. What's weird about LOTRO is that you really can't skip many quests since you miss out on the opportunity to unlock deeds and such. I'm just kind of floating around where quests take me, but i'm sure i'm missing out on some good unlocks, etc.

Follow the road to get to the tavern, once there pic up all the quests, then follow the road even further East, but stay just to the right of the road and fight all the mobs as you go. This will finish off a lot of the kill X quests and it will get you to the major hub in LL. You will more than likely have to walk back to the tavern and kill some more, but you will be completing quests and getting to Ost Goruth all at the same time. 2 birds 1 stone. I found that one trip back and forth completes most of the kill x and collect x qeusts at the tavern.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: