http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 12:12:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTRO Personal Accomplishment  (Read 1540 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »

I, Naednek officer of Eyes of the Watchers, has reached a major milestone.  The highest milestone Naednek has reached in any MMO game, level 50 (highest you can reach at the moment)  I've played EQ1, DAOC, WOW, and others and never kept interest in the games to keep going.  LOTRO was different, it was familiar, and done right.  It's solo and casual friendly.  It took me 2 weeks 1 day and 17 hours to reach 50 in LOTRO, a long time compared to others.  But I had fun doing it.  I'm going to finish some stuff that I was working on and then start a new character to fool around with.

Here is some shots I took...

Naednek reaching lvl 50

Smoke Break

Rivendell Sunset

Waterfall

My brother:  "you look like a world war 1 german soldier without his pants"

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:07:28 AM by naednek » Logged
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »

Way to go! I'm still plugging along, nearly to 40 with my pre-launch character. Unlike a lot of other games, I'm in no rush to cap.

Ale
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »

Congrats. Haven't touched an MMO other than Betas in awhile, but I pre-ordred Warhammer Online.
I hope it will be good.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »

Congrats, indeed!

I have been playing LotRO as well, and I really enjoy it.  At the rate I play, I will reach level 50 in about 3 to 4 years, but it's such a neat gameworld, I have no desire to finish quickly whatsoever.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:23:20 PM »

Congrats. I think in the couple months I was in beta I reached about lvl 20 but that was with 3 characters. About that point I always got bored and made a new guy. The only game Ive ever maxed a character on was WoW with a lvl 60 undead pvp rogue.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »

In all of my MMO years of play, there's only one game I ever hit the cap on - WoW. And that no longer holds true with the expansion being out. Of course, I don't play WoW anymore, so that'll never happen.

That said - I really need to go get somebody somewhere to max level.

Oh yeah - congratulations. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 07:28:55 PM »

Congrats naed:

How is the game holding up in terms of server population? Still a healthy crowd, or have people moved on?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 12:10:19 AM »

it's not as busy as it was during launch, but it's well populated.  fairly easy to find groups and after playing for 1.5 years of retail and 6 month in beta it's still fun.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 05:18:34 PM »

I lost interest (patience?) in the game last fall, after getting a couple characters (a Ranger, and I think, a Guardian) to 45 and 44. I do applaud your accomplishments though.  icon_cool

To date, I have still only gotten one character to the level cap in an MMO (SilverKnight, L50 scrapper in City of Heroes).

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »

I just fired up LotRO last night for the first time in about 10 months.  The itch to play has returned...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 09:38:22 PM »

I recommend this for itching!

Playing
PC
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »

Grats...LotRO was also the only game I've hit max level out of several played for far more time. I won't go into how much that disappointed me and the reason why I don't play anymore.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 06:03:27 PM »

I'm going to keep an eye on Book 13. I've read it has a new zone that has a lot of solo quest stuff in the 44-50 range (which is where my couple higher levels got pretty much stuck).

Stratics had a dev chat log touching on that:
http://lotro.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=27210
Brekkee - *Gilanthis* Will this new area be able to level characters on a straight path from 44-50 or is it not a straight path?
Rhidden - There should be enough content in Forochel to get you from 44-50, but how much experience you gain will vary depending on your play style.
Rhidden - Even if you kill the bare minimum with a little Angmar and High Pass questing anyone would have more than enough solo quests to get from 44-50.
I really just need a new PC or at least a fat hard drive at some point. I keep having to delete entire MMOs (this and Tabula Rasa of late) just to clear enough space for new games.

Playing
PC
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »

Quote from: naednek on April 14, 2008, 01:52:21 AM

I, Naednek officer of Eyes of the Watchers, has reached a major milestone.  The highest milestone Naednek has reached in any MMO game, level 50 (highest you can reach at the moment)  I've played EQ1, DAOC, WOW, and others and never kept interest in the games to keep going.  LOTRO was different, it was familiar, and done right.  It's solo and casual friendly.  It took me 2 weeks 1 day and 17 hours to reach 50 in LOTRO, a long time compared to others.  But I had fun doing it.  I'm going to finish some stuff that I was working on and then start a new character to fool around with.

Here is some shots I took...

Congrats Naednek

I played LOTRO at release for 3-4 months and then went back to try it again a couple months ago.  LOTRO is a well crafted and graphically beautiful game with a decent amount of content but it does not draw me in the way other high fantasty mmorpgs do e.g., WoW and EQ2.  There was also a lack of people playing the mid levels to group with on my server(Gladden?) when I returned.  Despite being in a huge guild I rarely grouped. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: