http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 10:10:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTRO or Warhammer  (Read 5720 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »

Quote from: Tals on December 06, 2008, 10:35:56 AM

Just been reading the huge amount of changes they have for 1.1

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=492

Including that client performance - might just resub - miss the game already  crybaby

I still have an active sub for WAR, and after talking with a friend of mine who is a dev on the game, I will likely make some way to find time to return once 1.1 hits.  I have a lifetime sub in LOTRO so I am in no hurry and am fine just playing when I can, in small bursts.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »

yeah, waiting a bit for 1.1 myself, but, I must admit, now that I play LOTRO as well, the graphics and the world in WAR seems a bit..drab, I'm afraid.

Also, I'm absolutely in love with the crafting system in LOTRO - I've been farming, gathering hides, making armors, swords, spears and so on for well...4 hours last night? hehe, first game I REALLY want to craft in.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on December 08, 2008, 09:49:08 AM

yeah, waiting a bit for 1.1 myself, but, I must admit, now that I play LOTRO as well, the graphics and the world in WAR seems a bit..drab, I'm afraid.

Also, I'm absolutely in love with the crafting system in LOTRO - I've been farming, gathering hides, making armors, swords, spears and so on for well...4 hours last night? hehe, first game I REALLY want to craft in.

Just wait until you realize you need more than 3000 Ancient Iron Ore to master the Grand Master level of Metalsmith. I dread to think of the requirements for Supreme Master.  crybaby
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »

the knight of the blazing sun and the blackguard come out today for EVERYONE
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 03:52:20 PM »

Quote from: vizionblind on December 09, 2008, 02:47:02 PM

as usual, not for everyone. That is, not for europe...sigh

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »

Quote from: vizionblind on December 09, 2008, 02:47:02 PM

Tanks, tanks everywhere and not a healer to be found...............

At least now the lonely Ironbreakers will have some running mates......How about Destro meeting a wall of tanks for a change...

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »

ugh - now Europe has massive lagspikes, lasting 20-30 seconds... GOA claims its an ISP issue that they are aware of , but...kinda strange since it came directly after the latest patch...

A new one
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on December 02, 2008, 04:21:46 PM

Quote from: Jaddison on December 02, 2008, 02:39:45 PM

What I most enjoy about LOTRO is that I can just go exploring because of the vast areas of world that are available to explore and explore in way that you can get lost in.  By that I mean there are huge areas where you can explore and not have to worry about some large grouping of some mob always aggroing you.   In my just running around there are vast beautiful vistas that just convey a real sense of what I see in my head as the Middle Earth described in the books.

I suspect most MMO players could care less about the above but it is what has brought me back to LOTRO and what I appreciate the msot right now.

This is, I think, a significant part of the draw to LotRO for me now that I've put some genuine time into the game and with the general updating that Turbine has done since beta. I really find the game relaxing and enjoyable now. Half the time I play, I'm not even really purposefully questing so much as just picking a direction to explore in and questing along the way if I happen to. icon_biggrin I haven't played a game that really lent itself to that since Asheron's Call.

Coincidence? I think not. I think we're finally seeing the next-gen vision of the AC team (or at least, whatever's left of them at Turbine). I hope LotRO has a long and well-supported lifespan, I wish them the success to support the game long-term. I want to see the rest of Middle-Earth fully realized by Turbine!

That's really interesting - the original Asheron's Call was one of my favorite experiences because I could just wander up to the top of a mountain and explore and see the world from a vantage point and not be swarmed all the time. Damn, now I'm tempted to pick this up.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 06:27:50 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on December 09, 2008, 03:59:08 PM

I can't say I'm surprised.  In disorganized PvP groups, healing is decidely un-fun.  WAR healers, like those in every other game, need protection in order to really make a difference.  Yet in those disorganized groups, we're often left on our own and die quickly.  Range DPS can still do OK and tanks last a while, but healers often bear the brunt of disorganiziation (as does melee DPS).  As a healer, I saw a lot of that in WAR and I think it diminished the amount of enjoyment I would have otherwise received from scenarios/RvR.  If I were still playing, I'd have probably gone to a DPS class myself.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 06:49:16 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on December 10, 2008, 06:27:50 PM

Quote from: Arclight on December 09, 2008, 03:59:08 PM

I can't say I'm surprised.  In disorganized PvP groups, healing is decidely un-fun.  WAR healers, like those in every other game, need protection in order to really make a difference.  Yet in those disorganized groups, we're often left on our own and die quickly.  Range DPS can still do OK and tanks last a while, but healers often bear the brunt of disorganiziation (as does melee DPS).  As a healer, I saw a lot of that in WAR and I think it diminished the amount of enjoyment I would have otherwise received from scenarios/RvR.

That's an interesting point that I never really thought about.  Hmmm....

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »

Yeah, we always say a tank needs a good pocket-healer.......but the truth is sometimes the opposite........A healer needs a good pocket tank to free him up to do his job...A symbiotic relationship that tanks and healers should always have..

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 08:25:24 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on December 10, 2008, 07:09:55 PM

Yeah, we always say a tank needs a good pocket-healer.......but the truth is sometimes the opposite........A healer needs a good pocket tank to free him up to do his job...A symbiotic relationship that tanks and healers should always have..

Most definitely.  When it works, it works REALLY damn well.  For instance, I'm a better healer with a great tank....and they're a better tank when I'm healing.  It works that way with a number of other classes as well.  For example, in WoW I love running with a great hunter because they'll have their pet protect me.  On the other hand, a bad hunter will ruin my day (grabbing aggro and then feigning death right in front of the healer is a good way to ensure you never get healed again).

The problem is that in pickup PvP/RvR, that rarely happens.  A lot of the time it's every man for himself and weaker support classes often get the short end of that stick. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: