http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 02:11:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotRO 2.8 interview  (Read 1015 times)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:26:14 PM »

For you people who don't visit the front page, I just posted an interview that I had with Turbine about book 2.8 and beyond. They reveal to me that the next big update will be this fall and will be rather large, almost expansion pack large. Check it out http://www.gamingtrend.com/Articles/articles.php?artID=451

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »

Thanks for posting the link.  I visit the front page and totally overlooked this.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »

Sounds like they might have realized that they bit over more than they could chew with their promise to add one expansion per year. At the moment they can barely even release patches every three months. By releasing a larger book in the fall, they're hoping to give us some of the expansion experience without actually releasing an expansion (I guess this is where their promised level cap increase will show up. Perhaps it'll only be 5 levels this time).

Let's just hope this doesn't mean we have to wait until fall 2010 to get to Rohan.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »

<----- still waiting for the chance to jump off the top of Minas Tirith  nod

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 01:55:03 AM »

And now that I've read it: good interview!  It's gotten me excited to play LoTRO again, although I'll have to kick EQ2 to the curb before I do.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »

Yeah, very nice interview, looking forward to the content!

I must say, it's the 3rd MMO I try (WoW in 2006, AoC last year), and thus far this one seems more my style.
I don't like the grinding (there are quite a couple of kill X bears/wolves/spiders etc quests), and the slow travelling, but it does create a nice, friendly atmosphere, with nice people. That's the most important part I think. AoC was much more direct 'fun' for me, but the fact that I solo'd all the time killed it for me.

In Lotro it's the same. If I've solo'd an evening, much of the fun of the game gets lost, and the drawbacks become noticable. But if you get a nice group together, with some friendly interaction, then it really shines! I only wish they'd come up with some better grouping options, rather than using the appropriate channels...
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »

Thx for the kind words on the interview. Being a huge fan of the game I mostly asked the things that I really wanted to know. The guys and gals at Turbine are really cool, that's the second time I have talked to them, the first time they took me on a guided tour of Moria. Really cool.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »

Just re-subbed to the game. Been out for AGES!! Actually can't remember the last time I played. I just started from scratch on a "suggested" server.

Anyway......I picked Human hunter. Seemed to be the most common choice for best soloing class.
Is there a good craft to go along with Hunter? I'm not a crafter in MMO's, but I do usually pick up a gathering skill to earn a bit extra that way.
Anything like that in Lotro?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 28, 2009, 12:55:04 PM

Just re-subbed to the game. Been out for AGES!! Actually can't remember the last time I played. I just started from scratch on a "suggested" server.

Anyway......I picked Human hunter. Seemed to be the most common choice for best soloing class.
Is there a good craft to go along with Hunter? I'm not a crafter in MMO's, but I do usually pick up a gathering skill to earn a bit extra that way.
Anything like that in Lotro?
The vocation you want to look at is Explorer. It gives you Forester for collecting wood and tanning hides, Prospector for collecting ore, and Tailor for crafting cloth and leather armours. Hunters wear leather, so you can make your own armour at lower levels. You can sell the wood and ore on the AH and make coin that way.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 04:23:41 PM »

danke

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 12:33:47 AM »

As a side note, Im typically not a crafter in MMOs either, but LotRO does something right that makes crafting worth while. I cant really put my finger on it, but crafting in LotRO is not boring and can be done so long as you pay attention to what materials you need and collect them along your way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: