http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 11:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTORO Volume 2: Mines of Moria (paid, full-box expansion)  (Read 23260 times)
ericb
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »

I resumed my account last night and logged in for the first time in at least 4 months.  First thing I noticed was that I forgot just about everything I knew about my characters and the key shortcuts.  I've been spoiled by Warhammer...the LOTRO UI is no where near as "intuitive".  I'll be fixing my keymappings and macros soon and that will help.  Got my hunter up to level 21 last night though I have no intention of shooting for 50 before Moria gets here.

Here's hoping the UI gets some updates with Moria and book 15.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »

Same here, Ericb...cant remember anything about how to control my characters..

also, damn idiotic paypal/theother billingsystem billed my account 3 times, even though it said it was cancelled...sigh...

A new one
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2008, 12:46:12 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 31, 2008, 12:35:39 PM

also, damn idiotic paypal/theother billingsystem billed my account 3 times, even though it said it was cancelled...sigh...

I didn't want to even mention Turbine and their idiotic billing and account system.  It took three days to get the Moria upgrade purchased...and Turbine somehow managed to trigger my amex fraud guard while doing it.  The online chat for billing doesn't work...times out and says no one is available...but tech support works almost instantly (note - use tech support and let them transfer your online chat to accounts as it's much quicker and actually works).  Then I couldn't resume my account because my product key was invalid according to them.  Then I asked the account guy (in chat) about pricing, was told prices, confirmed the price in chat to him and then logged into the account and noticed it was $8 more than he quoted (six month option).  Too late at that point as it's already locked in and paid for pretty much instantly.  Asked him about it and was told it was a typo, he never noticed his typo, didn't read my question confirming the price and basically said ok and was there anything else.  Horrible experience overall with their system.  It's a good thing I like the game so much.
wonton
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »

Quote from: ericb on October 31, 2008, 12:46:12 PM

Quote from: Razgon on October 31, 2008, 12:35:39 PM

I didn't want to even mention Turbine and their idiotic billing and account system.  It took three days to get the Moria upgrade purchased...and Turbine somehow managed to trigger my amex fraud guard while doing it.  The online chat for billing doesn't work...times out and says no one is available...but tech support works almost instantly (note - use tech support and let them transfer your online chat to accounts as it's much quicker and actually works).  Then I couldn't resume my account because my product key was invalid according to them.  Then I asked the account guy (in chat) about pricing, was told prices, confirmed the price in chat to him and then logged into the account and noticed it was $8 more than he quoted (six month option).  Too late at that point as it's already locked in and paid for pretty much instantly.  Asked him about it and was told it was a typo, he never noticed his typo, didn't read my question confirming the price and basically said ok and was there anything else.  Horrible experience overall with their system.  It's a good thing I like the game so much.

I've had to use support twice, both times I opted to call them.  Both times they took care of the issue rapidly, so if you do need to use support might be worth the long distance call.

As far as the game goes, I did resub before Moria hits.  I'm just about to level 30, and recently did some fellowship questing which was a gaming highlight of mine.  So much fun if you can get with the right people.  I'm thinking I should be high enough level for some Moria content soon after release anyway (it's not all lvl 50 stuff I hear).
wonton
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2008, 09:03:20 PM »

Not just for Moria buyers, but they're rolling out PvMP changes with the Moria launch.  I haven't gotten to the lvl of being able to really take part, but the changes sound pretty cool.  Most exciting is bonuses to ALL free people when command points are controlled.

No doubt spurred by the pvp of WAR.

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/255-developer-diary-the-ettenmoors-re-vamp
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2008, 01:38:20 AM »

I went ahead and did the digital Moria upgrade (my Hunter hit 50 last night). I even belatedly went for lifetime ($199), though I wish I had just gone ahead and done that back when the game launched, and I had pre-ordered. Oh well, tastes change.  icon_razz I never really thought last year that I'd go back to COH, and then meander through MMOs (Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan) and pseudo-MMOs (Hellgate: London, Dungeon Runners, Mythos beta), and then float right back to LOTRO. If I had known -- that fooling around with all those floozies just reminded me what I had taken for granted in LOTRO  smirk-- I'd have done lifetime way back in summer 2007. I just confuse myself sometimes. confused

As I've babbled, I'm not looking at it from an accountant's perspective (i.e., vs. the $9.99 mo. option, I'll have to play 20 more months to "get my money's worth"). I'm looking at it more as some freedom to float over to other things and come back, and not worry about activating/reactivating accounts. And if it lasts 5 years, 10 years, I can still float back and not worry about fees.

OTOH, as I watched this unfortunate woman in front of me at the grocery store today using her WIC checks to cover a few precious groceries (eggs, milk, bread etc.), I realized my single guy, gamer's perspective on money is pretty screwed up.  icon_neutral

Weeding through the forum posts, I can share some stuff to avoid confusion if you also do the early upgrade for existing subscribers:
* Although they e-mail you a key after purchase, you do not need to apply it (it's already applied automatically after purchase). I think originally you did need to apply it, but they finally upgraded the software to take care of it automatically and reduce some misery.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=167412&page=8&highlight=early+upgrade [see last Turbine post]

* Although the notification e-mail indicates you *have* to use their notoriously buggy Turbine Download Manager, they've said that both direct download (no TDM involved) and TDM versions of the Moria content/updates will go out before Moria's launch date.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=169473&highlight=download+manager

A lot of players so far want nothing to do with the TDM software, so that makes sense.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 01:42:49 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »

There's a new, pretty funny, dev diary about monster creation (by the devs, not you icon_razz)

Developer Diary: New Monster Creation
http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/266-developer-diary-new-monster-creation
So, the short of it is that I work on monsters, which makes me a sort of behind-the-scenes guy. I donít get all the girls like the Legendary Item guys, but on the flip side I also donít get egged like the class guys when they ďbalanceĒ your favorite class.

For this Dev Diary Iíll walk you through the broad process of how a monster comes together, what components of a monster I work on and how they are created, and our broad goals for the monsters in Mines of Moriaô. Finally, Iíll give you a brief preview of some of the monsters Iím more proud of (theyíre like my very own hideous babies).

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »

The Mines of Moria Downloadable Updater's out (this is *not* the maligned Turbine Download Manager, and you don't need it to use this; and don't use this if you in fact use the TDM, they seem to say).

And, even if you don't plan to buy Moria, you'll need this eventually:
http://www.lotro.com/news/268-mines-of-moria-downloadable-updater-now-available
The downloadable updater means you can download the Mines of Moria files before the expansion goes live on the Turbine servers, saving you time when they come back up on November 18th. It also means you can download the patch on a computer that you don't have LOTRO installed on (i.e. your work computer), transfer the patch to a disk or device, and then run it on the computer with a LOTRO client to update it.

The downloadable updater will download the files needed to update your client to The Mines of Moria. Please note that EVEN PLAYERS WHO DO NOT PURCHASE MORIA WILL NEED TO PATCH TO THIS VERSION. There are many updates included for all players, including Book 15, UI and class changes, and so on. After you've updated your client, when the servers go live with Mines of Moria your client will apply the patch and update itself.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2008, 05:09:12 PM »

Will MoM = Epic Lag hole?
Quote from: dev
If you are worried about the sheer number of people and the adverse effects that may have on your client, I would recommend you take your time getting to Moria. We've done a lot to help reduce "land-rush" issues but if your system has difficulty rendering crowds, you may want to take part in the other content being made available as part of the Moria launch.

Dabble with the new classes, explore Eregion and/or conclude Volume 1 by completing Book 15.
Dooommmmm. 

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »

Heh, I'm not so worried about crowds as I'm about queues at quest objectives. Forochel was horrible in that regard. I remember standing in line outside a cage in order to kill a beast inside that spawned about once every 2-3 minutes. It was almost impossible to finish during the first few days after Forochel was released.

With Moria we have quite a few more choices in where we want to start questing though, which should help a lot. My character has several options:

- Start doing Volume 2 Book 1 so that I can enter Moria itself.
- Explore Eregion and its quests.
- Do Volume 1 Book 15 to see that quest line to completion.
- Start a Runekeeper or Warden to see how they work.

I'm currently leaning towards doing Book 15 first. There's probably enough solo content there that crowds won't matter.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »

There's a fledgling Moria Guides section at Turbine's Lorebook site:
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Category:Moria_Guides

Looks like Monday afternoon is Server Update D-Day, and then the Games of Hell (so to speak) open on Tuesday and hopefully their tech support and forum moderator people will be well rested for launch day.  paranoid
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2376541#post2376541
The current plan is to take the servers offline in the afternoon (Eastern) on the 17th. We'll most likely officially announce that downtime on Friday.
No matter how much they try, they still can't quite seem to clarify enough how people upgrade in various situations (boxed, digital download, digital upgrade to existing subscription etc.), whether you need to enter a key, when to enter a key etc. Heck, even I'm not sure what to download at this point.  icon_confused

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:51 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 11, 2008, 06:14:48 PM

There's a fledgling Moria Guides section at Turbine's Lorebook site:
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Category:Moria_Guides

Looks like Monday afternoon is Server Update D-Day, and then the Games of Hell (so to speak) open on Tuesday and hopefully their tech support and forum moderator people will be well rested for launch day.  paranoid
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2376541#post2376541
The current plan is to take the servers offline in the afternoon (Eastern) on the 17th. We'll most likely officially announce that downtime on Friday.
No matter how much they try, they still can't quite seem to clarify enough how people upgrade in various situations (boxed, digital download, digital upgrade to existing subscription etc.), whether you need to enter a key, when to enter a key etc. Heck, even I'm not sure what to download at this point.  icon_confused

I would assume you get a key with whatever download message you choose.  You would log into your account and enter that key and it would enable you to use the Moria content.  I am getting a disc since I bought the CE.  I already used the downloader to grab the files, though, so I shouldn't even need to use it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »

Hey guys I thought I would let you  know that Yellowking and I are going to be playing Mines of Moria with the game's developers tonight. Is there anything you guys want us to ask while we are playing? I think what they are going to do is give us pre-rolled high lvl toons and take us on a tour of all the new content. I would be happy to ask any questions that you guys have. It starts in a couple of hours so there's not a lot of time to think about it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 11, 2008, 07:02:32 PM

Hey guys I thought I would let you  know that Yellowking and I are going to be playing Mines of Moria with the game's developers tonight. Is there anything you guys want us to ask while we are playing? I think what they are going to do is give us pre-rolled high lvl toons and take us on a tour of all the new content. I would be happy to ask any questions that you guys have. It starts in a couple of hours so there's not a lot of time to think about it.

Ask about the goat mounts.  I am curious if I have to pay for them if I already have a horse mount..if so, what is the cost?  Between the dev diaries and my time with the Producer at PAX, I know most of what I want to know already.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »

I had the play session with Turbine last night. I'm going to be writing a preview for you guys today. If there is anything you would like me to address let me know. I can confirm that the Donkeys do cost money. You also have to gain Reputation within Moria in order to buy one. Once you buy one you can use them anywhere, not just in Moria.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »

Cool, thanks.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »

This latest post gets more to the point about launch day to-do/not-to-worry-about:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2387046#post2387046
When MoM goes live, everyone will automatically patch to the full Book 15 and Moria version of the game. You will not need to install anything from your disks if you are a current player. You can get a jump on things by downloading the updater ahead of time here.

To access the Moria content you will need to apply your Moria Registration Key to your account [except existing subscribers who got the $29.99 Digital Upgrade online-bj]. This will unlock the content for your account.

If you upgraded to Moria through the Digital Upgrade option, you won't need to do anything. The key was applied automatically.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »

Turbine just posted some info-packed stuff for Moria, including the Release Notes, and the game manual. ***Alas, forums will be going up and down all weekend while they prep for Moria and they went down just as I prepared to post this. blargh. But check it later if it interests you. smile

Game Manual (a fan downloaded and posted the PDF, as Turbine had some Lorebook hiccups, but Turbine's link should work later today, it said):
Turbine's link to Moria manual
http://content.lotro.com/media/downloads/lotro_pdfmanual_web.pdf

Fan's link at 4Shared.com
http://www.4shared.com/file/71546560/2dff8d1a/lotro_pdfmanual_web.html

Moria Release Notes [requires 5 posts altogether, but the first one starts on top if you just want to browse through]

Moria Release Notes #1: [Overview; including info on the removal of quest items from inventory bags]
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2389034#post2389034

Moria Release Notes #2: [covers the new Crafting Guild Halls, and many crafting adjustments]
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2389027#post2389027

Moria Release Notes #3: [UI, chat, map, kin, etc. improvements, changes]
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2389024#post2389024

Moria Release Notes #4: [gameplay, classes, Monster Play, traits/titles/deeds changes]
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2389021#post2389021

Moria Release Notes #5: []
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2389015#post2389015

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »

I was a bit confused about the go live date on this. I saw it for sale yesterday in a Gamestation (UK) and almost bought it. Checked the relase date and saw it wasn't till Tuesday so ordered it onlione cheaper.

Still unusal for it to be for sale already, nowhere did it say the serrvers woudln't be live yet.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2008, 04:17:09 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on November 15, 2008, 02:28:56 PM

I was a bit confused about the go live date on this. I saw it for sale yesterday in a Gamestation (UK) and almost bought it. Checked the relase date and saw it wasn't till Tuesday so ordered it onlione cheaper.

Still unusal for it to be for sale already, nowhere did it say the serrvers woudln't be live yet.

When you go to log into LOTRO, they actually tell you not to install it if you find it somewhere early....that you won't be able to even play the old game if you do that.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »

The patch notes include the long awaited "moving *most but not all* quest crap out of inventory" feature that the whole game will have (whether you got Moria or not):
Of Special Note
    * Quest Bags are here!
    To help with inventory management, weíve modified most quest items so that they are no longer stored in your inventory, but are instead stored in the Quest Journal. This means that those boar hides you are looking for will no longer be cluttering up your inventory and will now be found in the journal. If you are curious about those quest items and would like to examine them, you still can. Youíll just need to navigate to the quest in the journal and hover over the item there, just like you would with an item in your regular inventory.
    By the way, you may have noticed we íve said that ďmost Ē items have been removed from your inventory. A few quest items cannot since they are usable in some fashion. Items that cannot be removed from your inventory are:

* Letters or other readable objects
        * Quest items given for Crafting Quests
        * Items that can be traded to other players or listed on the auction house.
        * Items that must be used as part of the Quest.
        * Quest starter Items

All other items should be no longer be stored in your inventory.
    * Key rings are in! Permanent keys can now be clicked on to be added to a Key Ring section of your traits. Doing so will delete the key, and any doors that were opened by the keys now look for the trait.
    * A new, never-before-seen mount waits to be discovered!
    * The cooldown on Edelharn Tokens has been reduced from 60 to 15 minutes!
    * Once any of your characters has reached level 20, all characters on your account will be able to use the cosmetic outfit system! You will need to log in with one of your 20+ characters to open the option up for the rest of your characters.
    * Hope has been replaced with a new Radiance value; its benefits remain the same, however.
    * Scrollcases that reveal tool recipes can now be found in loot.
    * One-shot recipe scrolls can now be stacked in groups of 10.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »

Wow, some really great new features there. I hadn't heard about the Edhelharn cooldown fix, the global cosmetic system change, and the stacking of one-shot recipes, but they are all much wanted. I assume the new mount will be the one we get for finishing Volume 1 Book 15. That shouldn't take me too long. smile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »

Saw an interview with Turbine's Jeffrey Steefel that outlines how you'll reach Moria's Hollin Gate (Eregion, off of the Trollshaws and near Rivendell):

I guess you could call it "spoiler-ish," but if you don't want want to be running around asking "How do I get there?" tomorrow, it's a good read.  Cool Eregion's off SE of the Trollshaws' Giant Valley (you can see it on the main map in game now, just "To Eregion" in the very lower right corner).

http://www.incgamers.com/Games/2090/interviews/154/LOTRO-Mines-of-Moria
A couple of things are gonna happen. You are going to be approached by some dwarves who are related to dwarves of old. They ask for your help to reclaim Moria for the free people of Middle Earth. They take you into the new area of the game.

After we launch on the 18th, thereís a lot of new content thatís available to everybody whether you have the expansion or not Ė thatís in the area of Eregion. When you get to the edge of Eregion towards the Hollins Gate, thatís when you need the expansion.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »

In prep for the retail launch tomorrow, they've disabled the Digital Upgrade option temporarily. Seems like a bizarre thing to do given that folks in Australia/New Zealand can't get the game at retail due to distribution/logistics issues.  icon_confused
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2422351#post2422351

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2008, 11:23:04 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 17, 2008, 11:02:31 PM

In prep for the retail launch tomorrow, they've disabled the Digital Upgrade option temporarily. Seems like a bizarre thing to do given that folks in Australia/New Zealand can't get the game at retail due to distribution/logistics issues.  icon_confused
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2422351#post2422351

I heard the EXACT same thing as far as the EQ2 expansion goes - well, short of turning off the digital upgrade thingy. You absolutely can NOT get the game anywhere in that part of the world as far as a box purchase goes period. And you get a decent freebie (a mount that scales with you throughout the game) for all of your characters with the in-store purchase.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »

They hope to have the Digital Upgrade back up tomorrow morning.

The client patch servers are active now, and it's patching my client up as we speak.  icon_cool They probably won't have the servers back up until tomorrow morning, I guess they're doing a lot of behind the scenes work to prep.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2430281#post2430281
Patch servers containing the updates for Mines of Moria are now open to the public! Please start your LOTRO game client to begin recieving patches. Even if you downloaded the pre-patch you will need to connect to the patch server to apply the patch files and download the latest game data files.

Remember, just because you're patched up doesn't mean you can get in. We're still performing maintenance on the game servers and are targeting a morning launch.

See you in Moria!
Dangit, I wish it launched on a weekend. I won't get to try til tomorrow night.  tear Though I guess I can take a brief peek in the morning if they get it running early enough.  icon_razz

If it's not too overkill, maybe we can start a separate Impressions thread once folks are actually playing.

Ah well, I did at least log out my 50 hunter in Rivendell (which is just north of Eregion and Moria). Can't wait to get started.  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:19:48 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2008, 05:31:51 AM »

I sure hope my local stores have this game today. They should have, but it's impossible to be sure. If they do, I'll be heading towards the Trollshaws to finish off Volume 1 and get my unique mount when I get back from work today. smile
StormHarbinger
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2008, 05:49:27 AM »

Servers went online at 9pm Pacific. And they get HAMMERED. I can't even enter a queue to get in. Which is why I'm fiending for more info on these boards. <grin>

Formerly a lurker at GoneGold, an infrequent poster at Octopus Overlords, and now?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2008, 12:21:28 PM »

Just woke up. I'll see if I can get in.  drool

Meanwhile...

Mines of Moria is LIVE!
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2458371#post2458371
Mines of Moria is now live and all servers are open, but we are experiencing issues with our login servers. If you are seeing your server as closed or down, or getting an error message, please be patient and wait for the launcher to update. Our engineering staff is actively looking into the issue. Thanks for your patience!

Why are tokens still dropping? [they're being turned off]
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2481501#post2481501

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:16 PM »

I'm looking forward to hearing impressions of Moria.  Specifically: the area itself, the legendary weapon mechanic in-action, and the Rune Keeper class and how it feels.

Keep it in this thread, start a New thread, re-name this thread, stand on your head, do a jig, I don't really care.  But I want some impressions, please!

Thanks guys.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »

I only logged in long enough to get my Forester mastery (quest giver's in Esteldin, just clicking a book) and race down to Eregion from Rivendell to get checked in at the first milestone in Eregion (it's a pretty long trek to get there).

Some pics...

I recommend heading to the south in Giant's Valley, and then there's a gully path of sort that leads you into Eregion. I couldn't get there from the northern part of Giant's Valley.

The pre-order/early upgrade tokens. The pocket out-of-combat run buff will be handy for my lower characters.  icon_smile

Hunter's combat trap trait/deed, uh, complicated.  icon_razz

I haven't completed woodworking mastery yet alas.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »

A couple of the more alarming bug reports are weapons disappearing from inventory at login, and of some crafting masteries getting reset to zero (even Turbine staffers are reporting that one).

Re: Master Metalsmith reset to 0
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2481821#post2481821

Crafting Exp Loss
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=180311
They're looking into those reports.

Lost a weapon from inventory bag
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=180471
A kinmate I ran into this morning seemed to indicate he had lost one weapon from inventory.

One weird thing involves changes in various sound effects. I'm really not fond of the new one for removing quests from the tracker, it's like a metallic "bonk" sound and I don't understand why they would do that.  saywhat

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2008, 02:49:40 PM »

I got in this morning, around 7AM EST.  No que no nothing.  Then made the mistake of making a rune-keeper AND sleeping the Introduction...so there i was a level 3 unable to kill anything.  This was a good thing though as it got me off my ass to go in to work.  So when I get home time to reroll.

I didn't realize they added two extra character slots which is nice since I didn't want to delete a character.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »

Oh, I forgot to post a screenshot of a quest decription page containing the quest item (instead of your inventory). I only had one quest item that fit the bill (i.e., was not saleable/tradeable), and I did see the item clearly on the quest description page, just below the title of the quest. Items that you can turn in for Reputation exp are still in the inventory unless it's part of a "reputation introduction quest," afik.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »

Once I can actually put in some serious time tonight, I'll start an Impressions thread if one's not already up.  icon_smile

For now I figured I'd keep sharing stuff I've read about, and my brief experiences this morning.

For Hunters like me, they clarified that your Legendary weapon initially has basic common damage. But you get to add a different type of damage very soon after, and the idea is you can customize it to a fare thee well as the weapon grows/levels with you.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2487251#post2487251

So people may have to temper expectations that a Legendary Weapon is a Giant Foozle Destroyer right away. You'll have to Develop it into that.  icon_cool

I'm still pondering what to name mine....
Georic's Chaotic Bow of Mayhem
Georic's Moria Masher
Georic's Odius Bow of Destruction

I'll bet I can't even fit that many characters in the weapon title.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »

Mines of Moria is mine, MINE! Hmm, that's strangely appropriate, considering the expansion takes place in a giant mine...

If naming of legendary items works like other naming systems in the game, you probably can't add spaces to them, which means you need to keep it to one word. Try going for something in the same style as Glamdring or Sting.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »

How about DingALingALingDong?  icon_razz

OK apparently there's ONE weapon missing from inventories and stashes:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=181221
We are aware of the issues on this list, and will continue to update you with information as it becomes available. Please do not contact customer service regarding these issues as they will be unable to assist you. A more comprehensive list will be available later today.

* The item Blackfang's Demise is missing from inventories, weapon slots, and vaults.

* There is an issue with crafting experience being lost, and the matter is still being investigated. Crafting levels have not been affected.
The second one might be tough to hotfix. I don't think rolling back everyone's character will be an option.

I fished around the dev diary on legendary weapons, and it seems to indicate you can use more than one word in the title. "Hakai's Blade" is the example name they used for it, fwiw. I assume there is some sort of word filter in place to keep you from using "Frodo's Butthole" or something else equally witty and clever.  smirk
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:01:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 18, 2008, 04:44:53 PM

...I assume there is some sort of word filter in place to keep you from using "Frodo's Butthole" or something else equally witty and clever.  smirk

One would certainly hope so.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »

Brandywine server has gone down...
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?p=2498031#post2498031

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2008, 10:19:34 PM »

Brandywine was restored, but they're doing a server hotfix from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Eastern tonight:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2503921#post2503921

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: