http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 08:01:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTORO Volume 2: Mines of Moria (impressions/screens)  (Read 9130 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »

What are the Crafters thoughts regarding Legendary Items?

Are they able to craft some nice Legendary things that are on par with drops, or is it too early to tell?

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 10:08:37 PM »

Here are some official forums on it:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=183151&highlight=crafting+legendary+items

I mistakenly thought you couldn't craft legendary items which of course was wrong. You just have to become proficient in Supreme crafting apparently, via the crafting guild (or something like that). Legendary items are apparently on a 72-hour cooldown to keep you from starting a legendary items sweat shop.  icon_razz

For now I'm just having too much fun in Eregion and I've forgotten about crafting aside from doing some basic woodworking/leather boiling.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:15:34 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »

Well my Warden is up to lvl 13.  I am on Landroval, the server I was on at launch, still have some friends there.

Overall the game feels like night and day compared to launch.  The game is just oozing atmosphere even more so than launch I feel like, even though I am still in the starter areas.  The game looks just absolutely stunning on my system, running DX10, Ultra High settings.

Can someone explain fishing to me?  Should I be keeping the fish I catch?  I see they are a green background item like crafting mats.  Also on crafting choice, I went explorer to be able to make medium armor for my Warden....good or bad choice?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »

Sounds good to me. I am wondering if Javelins are a woodworking skill or a weaponsmithing skill? If they are woodworking, I can make you javelins.  Well, if you were on Elendimir anyway.  tear

Fishing is just a hobby and AFIK the fish aren't really worth keeping. I think there was some player talk of making them at least modest food buff items (maybe equivalent of basic rations) so the hobby would have a little utilitarian value.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:14:04 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 24, 2008, 10:18:20 PM

Sounds good to me. I am wondering if Javelins are a woodworking skill or a weaponsmithing skill? If they are woodworking, I can make you javelins.  Well, if you were on Elemendril anyway.  tear

Fishing is just a hobby and AFIK the fish aren't really worth keeping. I think there was some player talk of making them at least modest food buff items (maybe equivalent of basic rations) so the hobby would have a little utilitarian value.

I saw there is a Taxidermist....perhaps you can have them mounted on a wall in your house?

And yeah if I didn't have friends and coworkers on Landroval I would have rolled on Elemendril.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »

Sounds good to me. I am wondering if Javelins are a woodworking skill or a weaponsmithing skill? If they are woodworking, I can make you javelins.  Well, if you were on Elemendril anyway.  tear

Can you see if you can make me a javelin for my 15 warden?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2008, 02:15:09 AM »

Sure! I never get to make anything for anybody.  icon_razz Quest rewards are almost always better until higher levels, but I'll see if woodworkers get to make them (it may be a weaponsmith thing, but I figure if woodworkers make bows, then maybe javelins too).

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2008, 02:16:52 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 24, 2008, 10:22:23 PM

I saw there is a Taxidermist....perhaps you can have them mounted on a wall in your house?

And yeah if I didn't have friends and coworkers on Landroval I would have rolled on Elemendril.
You can make cool trophies to put on kin and player house walls - but you generally get things labeled as "trophy" in your loot, take that to the taxidermist NPC and then you can make stuff.

I should share some pix of our kinhouse some day, they have put crazy stuff in it -- including a big Keg that you can actually drink from though it warns you about its effects.  icon_lol

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

I have taken some ale from that keg!  (well, not your keg specifically).

That was pretty darn cool.

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

I invited a friend over to my house to partake in the first drink from my personal keg. He was about level 30 at the time, I was 50. I woke up later in the cat lady's house in Bree, dead drunk. He woke up on the top of the Giant's Needle (or whatever it's called) in the Misty Mountains, surrounded by level 45+ elite giants. Much laughter ensued.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 24, 2008, 11:18:41 PM

Can you see if you can make me a javelin for my 15 warden?

Well, I had to make a Level 16 javelin for ya.  icon_cool Recipes are at the woodworker NPC. I'll fish around to see if I can find a better-than-stock recipe at that level too.

Whittle, whittle, whittle...

Ta da.

What's your character's name on Elendilmir? PM me if you prefer - I'll mail it over.  icon_smile

And I saved a 54 Javelin recipe drop for later...

Though I guess most will use Legendaries by that point.

A peek at Warden Shield in the 50s (it's a quest auto-bound reward though)

Lastly, here's the 58 legendary bow a kinmate sent me.  drool

I think in the upper 50s there's a skill (or maybe a trait) that lets you fire reasonably accurately while moving (at the least, it lowers the -acc penalty when you try to do that).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:37:18 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »

Those lvl 50 items are nice. My guy is up tp lvl 17 now, so that 16 javelin would be good. Can you mail those in game or do we have to actually meet up?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 03:25:50 PM »

You can mail just about anything as an attachment in game - I just need to know your character name (and as I blabbed, you can PM me about your character name if you prefer).

* Oh crap, I thought Hanton was somebody else. I lost track of who you are here. icon_redface OK I'll send it tonight.  icon_lol
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:38:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

My toon is Hanton.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »

Ok, dumb question time, since with the release of Moria I've started playing again and I'm still very much a lowbie/newbie. slywink

What order are the colors for equipment? I looked on the main site and actually didn't manage to find info on that. Like, is purple better than blue like in WoW, and how do the other colors stack up in order from standard to super-insane-uberness?

I, too, was unimpressed with this game around launch time (I was in beta but passed on release purchase). I bought it on sale over the summer and have played it off and on since then, thoroughly impressed compared to the original state of the game. I'm amazed at how much content Turbine has added over time. Heck, the free updates to the game amount to almost as much terrain space in square kilometers as the terrain included in the MoM expansion! That's not a rip on the expansion, as there's lots of content in the expansion from what I see, but rather an very impressed Farscry looking at just how much Turbine has added over time.

They earn their subscription fees. Color me impressed!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 07:36:38 PM »

When I am cruising around the Shire, especially by the Bywater bridge (or whatever it's called) - I sometimes stop just to admire how great the game looks.  I wonder how much more impressed I'd be if I had everything cranked to max and was running directx 10 like our buddy Arkon is doing.  (Not that I know what directx 10 actually does, cause I don't).

LD

Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »

tem name colors indicate the quality of the item.
Legendary - Orange
Incomparable - Cyan
Rare - Purple
Uncommon - Yellow
Common - White/Grey
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on November 25, 2008, 08:17:20 PM

• Legendary - Orange
• Incomparable - Cyan
• Rare - Purple
• Uncommon - Yellow
• Common - White/Grey

The Legendary rating was renamed to Epic with Mines of Moria, for obvious reasons. smile
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 12:33:06 AM »

Quote from: Jaddison on November 25, 2008, 08:17:20 PM

Legendary - Orange
Incomparable - Cyan
Rare - Purple
Uncommon - Yellow
Common - White/Grey

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »

I guess now I know what happens when you drink from those funny kegs... icon_razz
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=201541

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »

I got another legendary bow yesterday. I'll post a pic tonight. This one had some interesting modifiers. The good was that none are for skills that I can't get until later; the bad was nothing really upped the damage in any way.

But it had stats like a Minus to target's evasion ability, and to target's blocking ability (so it won't up damage, but it increases your accuracy without your needing to use a Precision stance). Also, other players explained to me that Induction refers to Hunter skills that don't require Focus to work. So various basic arrow attacks that you're able to use even if your Focus is zero.

I had a great long chat with a L58 hunter. We didn't team up or anything, he just answered a question in advice, and then we spent a lot of time commiserating about Hunter skills, and the trait sets, etc. I'm going to pick his brain about the skills available as you get closer to 60.

-----------------
Instance-wise, I got to do The Training Hall, a repeatable (with 2 hour cooldown between tries, I believe; but it does require that pesky Infused Garnet item to do it) solo instace. While it's a bit, uh, "symmetric" for my tastes, it's pretty fun and fairly fair (it's Level 54, but at 52, I could do it comfortably if not easily).

It also uses "swarms," groups of weaker enemies bunched together (as with some of the Boggledy types in Evindem). Your main reward is a "legendary Title scroll" of your choosing that adds certain types of damage, or extra damage to certain types of enemies, etc. I think though it replaces whatever Title (and that title's accompanying modifier) you already had in place for the legendary item - so think before you apply it. I decided I would sleep on it.  icon_cool

The Helpful 58 Hunter suggested going for the scroll that adds "Ancient Dwarf Type Damage," which he said works well against claws, drakes, and other sorts of beasties.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:42:54 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 06:12:22 PM »

Hey, Turbine said Moria Patch #1 goes up on Monday:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=2736531#post2736531

The current Patch 1 notes (might get updated):
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=191971

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »

Moria's taking a long time for me to get used to in terms of overlapping tunnels, and falling to my death (in some cases where it's too dark to see, or that gap in the floor is longer than you thought  icon_razz), but it is growing on me.

While I'm sticking with my Giant Antlers legendary bow,

I was envious of this L60 hunter's bow look,

On the class trait stuff, I've found it generally better to mix set bonuses from the 3 rather than going full bore with one. If you do go full bore with one, Huntsmen seems to have the least "penalty" bonuses, though it's probably the least flashy.

While I'd love to see some ability to "save" favorite class trait configurations, you can at least slot multiple traits of any kind (as you drag them into place, they'll show up in a list in that blank, lower left quadrant shown above). You can also drag equipped traits to the blank quadrant to remove them if you like to do it that way (rather than replacing a filled slot).

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »

After a duh moment, I finally realized I'd overcomplicated the Hunter's "Class slot" feature. I don't even know if it's a new feature - has that always been there? If so I'll feel more idiotic than usual.   icon_razz It's the slot next to your crafting tools on the character journal screen.

Although you can get Hunter recipes (scholars, calling Alverdine), you can buy the class slot books easily enough at the Auction House. The ones readily made from recipes are Book of the Wind Rider (reduces power cost 10% for each bow skill), or Book of the Whisper Draw (which reduces the threat level you generate). The "Major" book level is Level 40 or up. I bought one of each book, probably using Wind Rider solo, and Whisper if in a group or teamed up with any sort of melee type.

You don't have to do a quest, or do anything special to get a book and insert it there. I'm not sure if there are legendary Hunter class-slot books (I've certainly not seen any so far in drops).

A peek:

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »

So I totally misunderstood the occasional "Session Play" quest. I thought they were Monster PVP type stuff, but it's more you getting to role-play as a famous Middle Earth character (a dwarf in Volume II's book 1 and 2 finales). And you get to do some really fun fights that are more like large scale hack-n-slash than MMO, with simplified hotkeys, and no potions or other things to worry about. I think if you fail though you don't get to try it again (but all you get from these is some destiny points for kills).

It's just kind of a fun change of pace to battle impossible odds instead of fretting about taking on more than a couple or more (for non uber Guardian types anyway).

Georic remains envious of the upper level heavy armors (the medium armors never seem to stop looking like Frankenstein's monster in terms of stitching):

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »

Yeah the heavy armor I have seen in game looks really nice at high levels.  I am playing a warden so I will be stuck with medium armor.  Hopefully that gets addressed.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »

I just got my legendary weapon to level 20, where one of its legacies was improved to its maximum tier. It's a pretty nice weapon at this point, though I'm itching for something better anyway. This is what it looks like now:

As an added bonus, here's a screenshot of some nice scenery I came across in the mines:

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2008, 08:30:41 PM »

/sigh

I am so tired of all you longshanks and your constant blabbering of war and weapons and filth and flarn.

Behold a Real Hero - A Bounder of the Shire!

LD

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 29, 2008, 08:30:41 PM

Behold a Real Hero - A Bounder of the Shire!

Wearing SHOES? You've been around the big-folk for too long.  Tongue
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »

I know, right?  The lore-nazi's are constantly poking fun.  But I like them ol' shoes.  What can I say?

icon_biggrin

LD

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »

Here's me L20 bow (after reforging, and redistribution of points) and L18 sword. The L20 improvement was doubling the barbed arrow bleed damage modifier (from .5% per point invested to 1%). I put a little more damage in when I reforged it. The Dwarf-Make modifier is from a scroll that a repeatable instance in Moria gives you (from a choice of several damage types).

Distracting Shot is a mezzing L58 arrow skill, and Burn Hot is a L60 skill, so I'm not bothering to assign any points to them for now.

I'm not sure why I poured so many points into the base melee attack's temp parry effect, I may rethink that at the L20 reforging.

I still don't have a rune in either. I'm told repeatedly that only tier 3 and up gives you one but I've been combining settings and gems of all tiers and so far only once has a rune ever shown up at all, it's a little maddening. disgust

While the stats are interesting, I think the fact is there's little that blows you away. It's not like a hack'n'slash (Diablo, Titan Quest) where switching fancy weapons gives you a difference that's flashy and easily noticeable. They're very effective, and you can get subtle differences, but sometimes I wish the differences were more noticeable. I've learned not to complain about lower level-minimum bows (50-52) having modifers to skills you can't get until 58-60 -- in a way that's good, it gives you a reason to keep using that bow all the way to the 60 level cap.

Made my first Supreme Bow. Although it would seem a moot point (it's a level 54 bow) with all the legendary stuff floating around, it's pretty good overall.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:20:51 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »

So the Warg Riders are hands-down my favorite new beasty in the game. They even have some semblance of an interesting AI (they'll charge you a bit, and the Warg will clobber you with his paws briefly, but usually they'll dash back to a distance so the rider can toss javelins at you). And their patrol patterns can be a bit hard to predict. I just think they're awesome cool to look at.  icon_cool

Their gallop animation is a bit wonky, but hopefully when they fix the choppy horse riding animations (apparently caused by some new file-compression technology they introduced) the warg riders will ride a bit more smoothly too. I think we players are a bit envious - we get overpriced Goat mounts and goat stable rides, and the bad guys get cool, snarling Wargs? No fair.  icon_razz

The jazzed up morrovals are pretty neat too.

Managed to get an interesting "under wing" shot.  icon_smile Far nastier Morroval variation further east in Moria.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:31:23 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2008, 09:28:28 AM »

I hate the new "AI" for goblins in Moria. It's just lazy, and makes grinding even more annoying. What will happen is that I start fighting one of them, then it does an attack that slows me down, and runs some distance away to throw stuff at me. It doesn't really earn him more than one or two free attacks that barely do damage, and it allows my timers to recharge, which means the goblin is actually hurting himself doing this. Also, it's very annoying that they do this when you fight in the middle of an area crawling with goblins (as you usually do). They'll inevitably run into the middle of a different group of them (by accident. The game doesn't do this on purpose), which means that if you try to continue attacking the goblin, you'll also draw their attention. I often end up having to flee behind some corner to draw it closer to myself.

This might sound fun in theory, but it's so annoying during actual gameplay that I sometimes want to throw my keyboard at the wall. This is perhaps the only new feature in MoM I don't like.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 30, 2008, 09:28:28 AM

I hate the new "AI" for goblins in Moria. It's just lazy, and makes grinding even more annoying. What will happen is that I start fighting one of them, then it does an attack that slows me down, and runs some distance away to throw stuff at me. It doesn't really earn him more than one or two free attacks that barely do damage, and it allows my timers to recharge, which means the goblin is actually hurting himself doing this. Also, it's very annoying that they do this when you fight in the middle of an area crawling with goblins (as you usually do). They'll inevitably run into the middle of a different group of them (by accident. The game doesn't do this on purpose), which means that if you try to continue attacking the goblin, you'll also draw their attention. I often end up having to flee behind some corner to draw it closer to myself.

This might sound fun in theory, but it's so annoying during actual gameplay that I sometimes want to throw my keyboard at the wall. This is perhaps the only new feature in MoM I don't like.

Not sure this a new feature.  Goblins the Midgewater Marshes have done this since launch.  They will net you then retreat to throw javelins, often retreating into more goblins if you are near the ruins.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 30, 2008, 11:25:01 AM

Not sure this a new feature.  Goblins the Midgewater Marshes have done this since launch.  They will net you then retreat to throw javelins, often retreating into more goblins if you are near the ruins.

The difference is that those goblins didn't run nearly as far away, and that their decision to net you and retreat was more tactically sound than what the Moria goblins do. It didn't cause as many problems.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, one of the Moria quests eventually gives you equipment (regardless of class type) that reduces "root time." Since then, I've not felt too rooted in place too obnoxiously long. I was far more annoyed by Bog Prowlers (now a Lore-Master pet btw) in Lone Lands.

I've often said MMOs can't make AI "good" the way shooters can (I've read as much, there's too much overhead in having that many players, and too little CPU cycles leftover for AI) - all they can do is Annoy you in Creative Ways. The Warg Riders don't root you, and I enjoy fighting them because they don't just run up to you and start whacking.  ninja2

Hellgate: London made me want to throw my keyboard and smash my monitor numerous times  mad (missions that seemed unfair, and other frustrations). LOTRO has never really done that for me, but mileage of course varies.  icon_smile

Here's a few Moria environs shots...

The sense of scale, and vertical heights is sometimes downright awe inspiring.  icon_cool Some areas, especially early on, are really tough to traverse. Even when you get map coordinates for a quest objective, it can be tough to navigate to it. Moria has a lot of variety to it. You never really get tired of seeing the same tilesets or environment types cause they mix things up quite a bit.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »

At 56, I picked up the Hunter's new "Fleet Stance" toggle skill. It's a little confusing to explain.

It's only available in-combat. There's an amusing little "skipping" character animation when you trigger it.

My understanding is it reduces loss of focus while moving (you lose about 1 pt. of focus per second while it's on), and reduces accuracy penalty to auto-attacks while moving. AFIK I can't fire skill-attacks at all while moving but I guess you can do some basic auto-attacks in that case, and this'll help with that.

If your focus reaches zero though, Fleet Stance cuts off, and you'll probably want to reactivate one of the other stances.

It's interesting but I'm more keen on the L58 skill (Distract Shot, an arrow that stuns/mezzes) and Burn Hot at L60.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »

OK - I'm pretty much back in full-swing with LOTRO.  Of course, now I have the exact same problem I always have in MMO's.  I love the class I am playing until I group with another class and watch them do their stuff.  Which causes me to want to play their class.  Until I see another class do something awesome, which makes me want to play their class.  It's a never ending circle of "the grass is always greener" that I suffer from in no other aspect of my life other than choosing MMO character classes.  Seriously, just go ahead and add onto the pile of "You are a total nerd" tokens I am accumulating by my computer desk.

Also, now that I've had more time to spend with the Warden (currently lvl.18), I have come to the following conclusions:
1.  One of the most fun solo classes I've ever played in an MMO.
2.  Other than 'semi-tanking' and above average dps - he doesn't exactly offer the group anything special.  He is a "selfish" class in terms of group play.
3.  His gambit system offers more flexibility to the way he plays as he levels higher and gets more options.  In other words, he just gets more fun to play as time goes on.  He can "change" his role in a fight literally during the fight.  Pretty damn neat.
4.  He plays "fast".  I don't know how to explain this except to contrast it with something like the Loremaster.  The Warden wades in and just goes to work.  Bam-Bam-Bam-Gambit!  Bam-Bam-Gambit!  Bam-Bam-Bam-Gambit!  Great fun.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:01:23 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on December 03, 2008, 01:58:02 PM

OK - I'm pretty much back in full-swing with LOTRO.  Of course, now I have the exact same problem I always have in MMO's.  I love the class I am playing until I group with another class and watch them do their stuff.  Which causes me to want to play their class.  Until I see another class do something awesome, which makes me want to play their class.  It's a never ending circle of "the grass is always greener" that I suffer from in no other aspect of my life other than choosing MMO character classes.  Seriously, just go ahead and add onto the pile of "You are a total nerd" tokens I am accumulating by my computer desk.

Also, now that I've had more time to spend with the Warden (currently lvl.18), I have come to the following conclusions:
1.  One of the most fun solo classes I've ever played in an MMO.
2.  Other than 'semi-tanking' and above average dps - he doesn't exactly offer the group anything special.  He is a "selfish" class in terms of group play.
3.  His gambit system offers more flexibility to the way he plays as he levels higher and gets more options.  In other words, he just gets more fun to play as time goes on.  He can "change" his role in a fight literally during the fight.  Pretty damn neat.
4.  He plays "fast".  I don't know how to explain this except to contrast it with something like the Loremaster.  The Warden wades in and just goes to work.  Bam-Bam-Bam-Gambit!  Bam-Bam-Gambit!  Bam-Bam-Bam-Gambit!  Great fun.

My Ward is up to lvl 23 and at lvl 22 you get a really kick ass DPS attack, it uses sword ,shield, sword, then i's a three hit combo attack for about 50 each hit. I can down most lvl 22s with a knock down spear, then a crit strike, then follow up with the 3 hit gambit. By that time they are mostly dead.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »

Doesn't surprise me at all.  I've been keeping my eye on Warden's around your level when I'm out with my Loremaster.  They just seem to get better and better and better.

LD

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: