http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 09:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Portal 2 Partners Thread  (Read 790 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:54:56 PM »

Obviously, we have a lot of people that are looking for Portal 2 playthrough partners.  So I thought I'd start a clearinghouse thread in the spirit of the transfer cable/Steam multipack threads.

Post your info as to what system is your preferred method and perhaps some availability information and we'll see if we can't tie this community together to get more than six extra seconds of trust.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »

And to start things off, I've got the PS3 option, and was actulally able to get the PC version connected to my account before things went south.

So for right now, I have PC available for MP and would be interested in getting together Thursday night or any other night during the coming weekend.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »

I'm looking for a PS3 portal partner. slywink

I finished the steam version of SP. If someone in the GT gang sees me online and wants to partner up in P2MP, shoot me a msg.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 09, 2011, 03:56:15 PM

And to start things off, I've got the PS3 option, and was actulally able to get the PC version connected to my account before things went south.

So for right now, I have PC available for MP and would be interested in getting together Thursday night or any other night during the coming weekend.

I'm on PC and can probably play Thursday after work.  I just finished the SP yesterday and haven't played the MP at all.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:13:17 AM »

That was fun.  Seems like we both had good runs of figuring out what to do.  I took a peek at the list of levels and it looks liek we have two more sets to get through.

Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 13, 2011, 04:13:17 AM

That was fun.  Seems like we both had good runs of figuring out what to do.  I took a peek at the list of levels and it looks liek we have two more sets to get through.

Yeah, I enjoyed that a lot.  It took a few levels before the co-op portaling concept clicked in my brain.  I apologize again for the open mic--I checked the Steam settings but not the Portal 2 settings, and when I tried to change it ingame I got some freezing and screen corruption for some reason.  I'll try to remedy that before we play next time.

Incidentally, during the level transitions where you see "Your Partner in Science" in the lower left of the screen, your Spork Spock avatar was particularly hilarious in that context.

I should be fairly free to play during the weekend.  Saturday morning/afternoon may be especially good but other time blocks could work as well.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »

No worries about the open mic.  I just rolled with it, wasn't a bothersome issue.

What is this "Saturday morning" of which you speak? Tongue  I do my best to not regain consciousness before noon if I can avoid it.  But after I get up, eat, and run errands, my afternoons are pretty clear.  I'll take a look for you when I'm free.  If you're not around, I'm sure we can work something out later.  I'm not in a huge hurry.

Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:54:18 PM »

Heh, I try not to sleep in too much on Saturdays because it makes the weekend feel shorter.  I'll keep an eye out on Steam and I'm sure we'll be able to connect at some point.

Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »

Awesome session to finish up last night!  It makes me want to go back and play the first Portal again.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 08:52:16 PM »

Yeah, that was fun stuff.  I really enjoyed it.  Thanks for pairing up with me.

To everyone else, if you're not getting through the MP coop, you're missing half the game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: