http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 03:57:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for people to play Resident Evil:Outbreak with  (Read 1636 times)
Ascendent
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 05:30:47 PM »

I bought this game on release and really liked it but I refuse to play single player. I've played online but mostly people flake out after the first scenario. So if you have it let me know really would like to play through it online. Let me know.

Ascendent
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 06:56:38 PM »

*mumbles* not one person?

Ascendent
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 08:55:52 PM »

okay, i'll bite, just so you have an answer!

i've been tuned out lately to the newest releases (except Fable and Halo 2), so you tell me - which system is it for, and does it cost to play online?  i like the one game i played of the RE series - do the controls and camera still suck on Outbreak?  and, you're talking about cooperative, right - that's good with me.

advantages:  i have two xboxes (no live account, but have been considering it of late), every Nintendo system ever made except GBC, including the cube, a ps1, two ps2's, piles of dreamcasts, and i love gaming (could you tell?) - and have a flexible schedule.  i'm not a hog or a boaster, and i don't cheat.

disadvantages:  haven't played online yet, although i've been looking into it lately.  i have the capability (i think) of going online now - with ps2 (network adapter and software, Comcast broadband), and of course with Xbox live, just have to get the kit.

if no one else answers and you want to help me, i'll be glad to come along for the ride!  i'm a moderately good gamer, not great, but no beginner either.  feel free to ask which games i've finished, liked, etc....

good luck getting more answers,

regards,

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 09:17:08 PM »

*chuckles* thanks guess there aren't a lot of RE fans here. It is only for the ps2 it doesn't cost to play online. I'm not sure if the controls suck or the camera does I never seem to have a problem with them. Yes it is cooperative play.

The scenario is standard RE situation viral outbreak in the city and everyone is turning into zombies and you have to get out. There are 8 different playable characters each with their own special ablities and strengths and weaknesses. Depending on who you choose everyone starts out in the same bar. From there we have to escape the building.  Whats new with this is inaddition to your health there is a virus counter. Everytime your attacked it goes up or if your weakened and you fall and can't get up it will go faster. Once it reaches 100 percent you become a zombie.  

Communication is a little different. You can't chat via head set or via keyboard in game. You have preset commands accessed by the right thumbstick for example Up = go, Down = come on, left = no, right = yes then you have access to people playing and more commands by holding R2 and then using the thumbstick. You can communicate fairly well with it. At least enough to get by in the game. You can also trade items between players and npc's.

After that pretty much standard Resident Evil rules applies. Zombies, monsters, keys so forth. Thanks again let me know if you have any more questions.

Ascendent
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 04:21:27 AM »

Hey, just got this game today. Would be cool if we could play. Although I'm not sure how we could - there doesn't seem to be a "game lobby" where I can pick games to join or invite specific people to my games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: