http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:34:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Whisperwind stable on a consistent basis? (WoW)  (Read 2017 times)
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2005, 06:49:28 PM »

My enthusiasm for Rome: Total War is waning and the only unplayed game I have left is WoW.  Whisperwind is the realm I'm looking at doing, but the Blizzard forums indicated massive problems yet again this weekend.  I'm not going to pay for downtime, so how bad or good is Whisperwind, honestly? How many hours per week is it down/very laggy?

Who reads these anyway?
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 06:55:45 PM »

I play on whisper all the time. Downtime doesn't happen much. We're not a crowded server.

Jump on in :-)
Tony
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 07:54:01 PM »

Ironically, Whisperwind was just taken down.  On the plus side, they announced they were shutting the server down so at least it didn't crash and kick everybody off without warning.
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »

I know. I think it's because I posted here. Someone must have read it and taken down the server to spite me.
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 08:05:57 PM »

I play almost every night on Whisperwind.  This morning is the only downtime for the server in a long while.
GGMark
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 08:18:04 PM »

Yes they annouced they were taking the server down in 15 minutes, then immediately everyone got a notice saying  "  The server will be coming down in 2 minutes".  But yes, the server has been stable.  Cities like Ironforge will lag for me once in awhile, on a cable connection.  But only for a minute.  There have been one or two times where I stopped playing my alliance character and switched to a lowbie horde guy i have becuase of a raid making lag.  But stable, to me it seems so.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »

Whisperwind isn't as crowded as most servers, but it can get packed on weekends.

The major cities can get pretty laggy, along with some more well travelled areas.

That said, we haven't had much of the more serious problems that other servers have had.  Just small lag and population problems.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 03:59:55 PM »

Whisperwind isn't as crowded as most servers, but it can get packed on weekends.

Whisper is one of the more crowded servers out there, since it was one of the first.  Ironforge and the AH in particular on the Alliance side are incredibly laggy and busy.  A lot of the questing areas are very busy as well.  Whisperwind doesn't have the severe problems of the top servers though, but pretty close I'd guess.  This weekend was great, multiple reboots for example, with the Auction House not working all of Sunday morning, and parts of Saturday.

With all that said, there are two great guilds with people from these forums and OO there.  Almost Heroes on the Alliance makes it worth playing there, at least for me.  I really enjoy the guild.  I'm sure the Wanderers is the same way.  Great groups of people that make up for the few problems.

I'm also not convinced that even some of the less crowded servers don't have problems as well.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 08:38:07 PM »

The Wanderers are better not the same.  Better. smile

A few week backs we were having some troubles (about the time half the servers were down for that extended maintenance) but I haven't had any troubles since then (on the Horde side.)
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 05:36:47 PM »

The Wanderers are better not the same. Better. Smile

The only thing I've seen the Wanderers better at is dying at the hands of the Alliance!  Ha!  

Though, my low level mage didn't fair as well last time I saw all 30000 Wanderers attack an empty Astranaar.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »

They did a hardware upgrade on Whisperwind today.  So it's quite possible that things will change, for better or worse.
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 10:07:40 PM »

Anything different after the hardware change?

Who reads these anyway?
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 10:39:24 PM »

Different? I'm not sure, but I did notice that adventuring in Dun Morogh with my low level alt that it was much less laggy around 10pm CST last night.  Whether that's related to any supposed hardware changes or just sheer chance, who knows.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 06:31:34 PM »

Lag seems better. Haven't had any reboots when i've been on either. I think the patch upgrade is coming during Tuesday's downtime as well.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 10:56:11 PM »

I've noticed no change, for better or worse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: