http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 03:55:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Incredibly detailed WoW levelling guide for Alliance 30-40  (Read 2237 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:23:02 PM »

My main character is already in the 40's now but I just stumbled across this: http://www.wow-pro.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=1488.html

It's a completely detailed levelling guide for Alliance characters starting at level 30 and ending at level 41.  It was fascinating to read and compare with my recent journey through the 40's.  If you're stuck in your 30's this might be a good boost to get you to your mount.

The author is apparently working on further guides for the 40's and 50's.  Should be equally impressive.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »

Are you joking?  30-40 is one of the easiest blocks.  It consists of:

-Go to Southshore.  Quest til 31-33.
-Go to Arathi.  Quest til 33-34.
-Spend what seems like the rest of your life in STV.  Quest til 40, gg.

And now that I've looked at that link, I see they mention Badlands.  Meh.  That zone is just barely more exciting than the Barrens.  And picking lint from my navel is more exciting than the Barrens.

I've tried to avoid Badlands whenever possible... but if you get lucky on some quests and end up not having to grind alot, you might have to go there to actually level.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 08:00:25 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Are you joking?  30-40 is one of the easiest blocks.  It consists of:

-Go to Southshore.  Quest til 31-33.
-Go to Arathi.  Quest til 33-34.
-Spend what seems like the rest of your life in STV.  Quest til 40, gg.

And now that I've looked at that link, I see they mention Badlands.  Meh.  That zone is just barely more exciting than the Barrens.  And picking lint from my navel is more exciting than the Barrens.

I've tried to avoid Badlands whenever possible... but if you get lucky on some quests and end up not having to grind alot, you might have to go there to actually level.

If I ever play this again, I am never, ever ever ever going to STV again. I dont care what I have to grind to get through those levels, but seriously, I despise STV with such a passion.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »

Who cares about this stuff anyways? Leveling in WoW was easy and straightforward. I never once had to scheck stuff outside of the game when doing quests or just grinding.
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:20:35 PM »

I generally stick with instances.  I've gone from Deadmines to Stockades to Gnomeregan to SM.  That should take my current character past 40, and I can still instance hop after that.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »

Why do so many people despise Stranglethorn Vale?  Personally, I rather liked that region.  Awesome environment, very atmospheric, I liked the music, and decent mob variety.  The only part I didn't care for was the troll camps in the southeastern portion of the region because of how social they were with each other.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 10:20:58 PM »

I think if you play on a PvP server STV is a primo ganking ground.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 11:03:11 PM »

STV is the Alliance's Barrens.

In short,

Horde get their sanity cherry popped early with the Barrens.  Those who survive through the Barrens are insanely bitter and vengeful for having to endure that shit while Alliance frolicks in Westfall/Dun Modr/Darkshore.  And don't get me started on f-ing Hillsbrad/Tarren Mill.

Alliance, who are used to picking flowers, trying on new skirts, or macroing the chicken dance for exp tra-la-la into STV and expect the zone to trip over itself trying to give them exp.  What they find are a bunch of very pissed off Horde, which are different than very pissed off Alliance in that the Horde had to endure natural selection, while the Alliance had to endure... uh... jeez, the worst thing I can think of the Alliance having to go through is the gnome laugh.  Or Night Elves named Sefirothe, or some derivation.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:57:24 PM »

When I leveled up my tauren shaman on Dragonmaw (a pvp server), the Barrens wasn't pvp flagged.  Yes, the Barrens sucks for the first time player running around, but once you learn it, it wasn't that bad to level up.

While I do agree that Alliance has it easy in Westfall, Redridge is pvp flagged, so all the pissed off Horde can come gank the noobs if they please.

I do remember the hell that was Stranglethorn Vale.  Luckily for me, I had my brother with me and a lvl 60 friend to grind through those quests.  I would be super pissed if I had to solo that crap.
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 12:11:38 AM »

STV is where I learned to hate the Horde, but Tanaris is what made me adopt an "All Horde must die" policy.

There is nothing funnier than not killing someone when they are half dead, only to have them kill you during a fight five minutes later.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »

Level 41-50 is up.

I don't think I'll do it but it is fascinating reading.
chump24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

Nice but I wish there was one for the Horde side.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Level 41-50 is up.

I don't think I'll do it but it is fascinating reading.

Those were the worst for me. I quit one character because I got so sick of grinding in the late 40s. ugh.
unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 03:37:21 AM »

Quote from: "chump24"
Nice but I wish there was one for the Horde side.

Since there is a lot of time spent in STV, much of it still applies.  There are also a great many 'equivalent' quests, especially for the instance quests.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: