http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 09:30:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can get XBLive! Now, what to get with it?  (Read 1465 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2005, 05:48:16 AM »

Due to a trip my beloved wife is taking this summer, I decided to demand a yin to her yang. The result? I can get on XBox Live finally. biggrin So, to the people of Console Gold, I ask this question. What else should I get besides the starter kit? I have seen the starter kits in Best Buy and such but I'm also wanting a bad-ass headset to talk smack to everyone here while beating them silly at Halo 2. biggrin I've got a long enough cable to reach my router, so no issue there. Let me know, and soon enough I shall finally be on this service!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 04:04:06 AM »

Halo 2 is lots of fun. Crimson skies is another one(that might come with the kit nowadays). PGR2 is a blast although I haven`t played much recently. Brothers in arms is looking good over live. BTW, Harpua3 is my gamertag send me an invite if ya want. I`m usually on late nights. Later.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 06:38:04 AM »

PGR2 was fun online...I spend all my time on the ESPN sports games and Halo 2 biggrin  And you won't believe how silky smooth Xbox Live is.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 05:24:31 PM »

Grab ESPN NFL 2k5 before all you can play is Madden.

ESPN College Hoops is another fun one.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 09:17:15 PM »

Quote from: "Driver"
Grab ESPN NFL 2k5 before all you can play is Madden.

Yeah, get a copy of 2k5. It's excellent, and I normally don't even bother with the football games.

I'd also recommend Ghost Recon 2 if it catches your fancy at all. I've had some really great games on Live with that.

Other than those two and Halo 2, the only other live games I own are Burnout 3, DOA Ultimate, and Links 2004. All of them are great, though they're kind of niche titles.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 04:39:39 AM »

I just want to warn you that ghost recon 2 is a buggy game. Go look at thier forums. I`m not saying it isn`t fun or that you shouldn`t buy it. I just have enough stuff to do that I don`t need to dodge bugs on a console game. Especially since I always wanted to play halo2 instead. :wink:  And yes Live! is usually really smooth.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 02:05:16 PM »

Whelp, picked up the starter kit last night and created the account so now I am on teh Live as Whiteboyskim. biggrin W00t. Looking forward to having some fun with you guys now.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: