http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 06:30:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's what's "Under Development" in WoW  (Read 1943 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2005, 03:15:27 PM »

Worth checking out.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 04:02:58 PM »

So, about those UI improvements.  They're basically adding stuff that Cosmos does now, right?

Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
So, about those UI improvements.  They're basically adding stuff that Cosmos does now, right?

Yep.  Except for the warning before rolling on bind-on-pickup items, which is a mod that is not currently included in Cosmos I believe.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 05:09:49 PM »

Quote from: "Butterknife"
Quote from: "Chaz"

Yep.  Except for the warning before rolling on bind-on-pickup items, which is a mod that is not currently included in Cosmos I believe.

I think there's a mod out there that can do it though. I don't use Cosmos anymore (way too bloated for my tastes, but all of my mods act pretty much just like it), and during my scans for mods, I thought I saw this.

As long as I can turn off all of these features, I'll be happy. And as long as they don't interfere with my mods, too.

About time they put more UI buttons in the standard install though.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 05:14:33 PM »

Wow. That mage spell might, single-handedly, make spirit useful for mages, again. I mean...wow.

Sadly, if they add it in, they'll have do something with the talent in the arcane tree that does the same thing... maybe boost it, so it's a worthwhile use of points.... or maybe have those talent points boost the spell.
Ender
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 05:24:39 PM »

Well if you consider for thought purposes that the mana regen buff does 15% combat regen then the talent would be on top of that.   So you could have 30% combat regen with it pumped up.  I just made up the 15% number but that seems like a reasonable one...  

If you read then what blizz said about it this seems to be very close to release like a week.  They split off the honor system and battlegrounds from this content patch because they didn't want to wait any longer for new content to be released.  

Interesting possibilities coming with this patch (warriors may have a resurgence in popularity).

-Jerkstore
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 06:15:52 PM »

What exactly is the Quest Tracker supposed to do?  I looked at Blizzard's picture but I'm still not sure I'm getting it.
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 06:45:29 PM »

That way, for collection quests, or kill quests, etc, you know exactly how many objects you need to collect or enemies you need to kill without having to go look at the journal. There are some obscene quests where you have to collect 15 items+ or 10 of 4 items meaning 40 items and you tend to lose track of how many you have. This provides a quick visual cue on the main screen of how many items/creatures you have left to grab/kill.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 07:49:42 PM »

Quote from: "Ender"

Interesting possibilities coming with this patch (warriors may have a resurgence in popularity).
-Jerkstore

You base this off the "rage generated by dodge, block and parry" part? Because they havent said jack shit about any other changes to the game's most broken class, and of course this doesn't address (for the majority of people that will misread and think it does) the MISS rate, which for most people seems to fall at a base of around 10%-for most only 3-5% were dodge block and parry misses.

Anyways I have no hope for that. Fuck them for ruining warriors with three consecutive patches that nerfed them into oblivion at the end of CB and start of retail.

If I do start playing a lot again, it will probably be my mage. I like that new spell-now THAT is addressing the complaints of the players.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »

Group loot - rolling on a "bind on pick-up" item now brings up a confirmation dialog

Thank goodness!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 10:10:04 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
I think there's a mod out there that can do it though. I don't use Cosmos anymore (way too bloated for my tastes, but all of my mods act pretty much just like it), and during my scans for mods, I thought I saw this.

There are actually two mods that do this, LootSafely and RollSafely.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 10:42:51 PM »

Quote from: "Gedd"
Quote from: "Destructor"

There are actually two mods that do this, LootSafely and RollSafely.

And the latest version of Cosmos has them built in.  Cosmos also has the Quest Minion which is the exact same thing as the Quest Tracker.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »

It is pretty obvious that Blizzard is "copying" the best ideas from the mod community, and then rolling them out for the standard community.

Which, in my opinion, is a fantastic idea.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 11:34:39 AM »

Quote from: "Butterknife"
It is pretty obvious that Blizzard is "copying" the best ideas from the mod community, and then rolling them out for the standard community.

Which, in my opinion, is a fantastic idea.

Exactly.  There is no reason that the best and most useful ideas shouldn't become a part of the standard interface so everyone can enjoy them (especially the "common" people who aren't really mod/internet savvy and don't want to have to worry about that stuff).  I give props to Blizzard for having the nuts to make these changes standard instead of just relying on the mod community to improve the interface.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: