http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 05:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! I've lost my mmo...  (Read 524 times)
TheAtomicKid
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »

Someone jog my memory, cause it is bugging me.

Once upon a time, there was this mmo. The world within it was destroyed, broken up into seperate areas floating in ... well, lets call it the aether, cause I dun remember what they called it.

The NPC structure was governed by, I think, five different political houses, all sort of at odds with one another.

There were ships, etc, to move you between the different areas.

And, if I remember correctly, after it was released, they 'un-released' it back to beta.

My problem being, I can't remember the name of it for nothing... anyone remember this one?

Atomic
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »

Its the one with the skillwheel, right? I cant remember the name, but it was taken off again, since people didn't play it. A shame, since they had a lot of fun ideas.

Spell...weaver...Spellsomething

edit: CHRONICLES OF SPELLBORN! HA!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:20:18 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:18:35 PM »

Its also closed up and out of business.

Its a shame since it was one of the few MMOG's that tried to be different.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »

Thankyou, yes, that was it.

And dang. I really liked the world setting they were placing it in, with the npc great houses as competing factions, etc etc etc.

I played it for a bit, but their removing it from the market and returning it to beta was totally justified at the time. Shame it didn't make it frown

Atomic
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:41:47 PM »

It had a lot of good ideas, and I enjoyed the time I spent playing. It never caught on though - the population was tiny, and the 5 factions were lopsided - most went with the mage House. My main was a Void Seer so I joined that one as well.

At least I was introduced the the Dutch band Within Temptation because of Spellborn's trailer.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »

Actually, in some regards Anarchy Online when played with the Shadowlands expansion sounds a bit like Chronicles of Spellborn. There were only 3 main factions, but they were very much at war and you could always get into some RvR in a Notum wars guild. You could also fall to your death at the abyss along the edge of the Shadowlands. Playing with Shadowlands does require you to fork out $5 /month though. And oh yeah, you have to put up with some very dated graphics - nice art style though and there's lots cyberpunk babes with skimpy thongs. slywink
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:00:36 PM by kronovan » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: