http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 11:37:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Half-Life GOTY Edtion  (Read 5745 times)
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2004, 10:41:25 PM »

Does Counter-Strike come with it? It is an orange(ish) box. I saw it down at EB a while ago but only recently decided I'd like to grab a copy of Half-Life/CS.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 11:40:34 PM »

Well, the GOTY edition that I bought only had Half Life in it, but you can download CS for free.  It'll take you a month of Sundays to patch everything up to the current but the price is right. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 03:59:44 AM »

If you are interested in the single player game, in addition to CS, look for the Platinum Pack.  It shouldn't be too much more money.  It has everything (Half Life, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress).  If you are just looking to play CS, then you can buy any version of Half Life and download CS.  Either way, you have to patch.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 05:04:19 AM »

Well, the GOTY edition that I bought only had Half Life in it, but you can download CS for free. It'll take you a month of Sundays to patch everything up to the current but the price is right.

Is that right? Free you say? biggrin Where can it be found? counter-strike.net, perhaps? I see Steam...

EDIT: Yeah, looks like you get it through Steam, eh? BTW, what do you think about buying HL used? I don't want to get screwed on a CD Key or something.

I don't suppose all the patches can be found central to the CS download itself?

If you are interested in the single player game, in addition to CS, look for the Platinum Pack. It shouldn't be too much more money. It has everything (Half Life, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress). If you are just looking to play CS, then you can buy any version of Half Life and download CS. Either way, you have to patch.

I've played the single-player game before, a long, long time ago. The SP Mods never really caught my fancy.

I believe the box I saw said "includes Team Fortress" or sometihng.

Anyway, thanks for the info guys =) GOTY was only $10 or so, and since CS is free I think I'll pick it up next time I'm in town.

Thanks again,

Michael.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: