http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 04:05:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guild Wars is 5  (Read 1722 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »

wow, it's been 4 years already?  I'm thinking about trying to dig out my copy and checking the celebration out.  I never got the expansions, but then again I don'tr think I ever gave the game a proper chance.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 05:09:09 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »

Guild Wars was my favourite game for a long time.  I logged in last Saturday night to see what was going on and every place I went to, including main hubs, was almost empty. frown

Roll on Guild Wars 2!

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2009, 02:59:54 PM

Guild Wars was my favourite game for a long time.  I logged in last Saturday night to see what was going on and every place I went to, including main hubs, was almost empty. frown

ouch.  I was thinking with it being on Steam now there might have been a resurgence in players, but after hearing that I'm glad I didn't do an impulse buy and dug out my old copy to try it again first.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »

I consider GW the most popular game that nobody I know actually plays. But I don't know that many people.  icon_razz

I dabbled in it, and I had a City of Heroes SG mate who loved it for a time. I liked the concept but the combat animations and some aspects of the graphics just didn't grab me, for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:51:26 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »

i put a couple hundred hours into Guild Wars when it was originally released (before they called it 'Prophecies') and always had a blast playing with a great group from OO.  i started running low on gaming opportunities around the time when the first expansion was released and never really played much after that...then picked up a 360 and haven't gone back to GW since.  it's a bit sad considering how much i did love the game at the time.  i just don't know that i could ever get back into it again given that i don't have the time for long GW sessions that i used to... icon_frown

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

Still on my list of all-time favorite games.  Some of the GvG battles we did were simply awesome, and I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the entire PvE journey as well.  Still, there were some things I would have liked to have changed, and it sound(ed) like these were all going to be a part of GW2.  But it's been such a long time since we've heard even a peep from the GW2 folk I'm starting to wonder if it's vapourware.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »

I'm currently heading a small but very dedicated group of experienced GW players in a resurgence over at OO. You're welcome to seek us out and join us. We mainly play on Tuesday nights. We are vanquishing Hard Mode zones, helping folks finish campaigns, capping skills, getting green drops, doing Alliance Battles, and just enjoying ourselves. Check the thread here.

In regards GW 2, we believe the game is in deep development and that Arena Net has (wisely) adopted Blizzard's philosophy of not releasing any more info until there's something of substance to show you. We'll hear about GW 2 when it's ready to pop out and I think we won't be dissapointed.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »

I'd like to be optimistic but I am suspicious.  I just checked and the original announcement for GW2 was in March 2007!  That's over 2 YEARS now after making the announcement and there has yet to be any solid look at the game or anything more than verbal tidbits.  At least with D3 Blizzard made the announcement and clearly have an already  playable game engine and awesome gameplay footage.  Even if it takes 2 more years to finish polishing it I have no doubt it will be released and be a stellar game.   

With GW2 I have a little less faith as we simply haven't seen anything.   Did they run into some major hurdle which kept them from progressing?  My concern would be that they run out of money before they can complete it, or they've bit off more than they can chew in terms of game design.  I suppose they may have forced their own hand into prematurely making the GW2 announcement, since they needed an explanation for ending work on GW. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Guild Wars!

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »

Awesomeness! I played the hell out of GW.. Can't wait for GW2.. and still have GW installed. So I think I'm going to make a return in-game this weekend!  icon_smile
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »

Seriously not trying to swoop in from OO and solicit, although since I haven't otherwise posted here in awhile I realize it may appear that way.  OO has recently had a resurgence in GW playage, and as many of us OO-GTers used to play together, I wanted to drop in and see how things are going on the GT side.  Do you have an active guild that would be interested in allying with OO's?  If not, are any of you interested in joining the OO guild?

OO's guild isn't nearly as active as it once was, but we're back to the point where on any given night you're likely to find several folks online.  We'd love to team up with any active GTers in one way or another.  The more, the merrier!
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »

Quote from: Zaxxon on May 04, 2010, 02:25:08 PM

Seriously not trying to swoop in from OO and solicit, although since I haven't otherwise posted here in awhile I realize it may appear that way.  OO has recently had a resurgence in GW playage, and as many of us OO-GTers used to play together, I wanted to drop in and see how things are going on the GT side.  Do you have an active guild that would be interested in allying with OO's?  If not, are any of you interested in joining the OO guild?

OO's guild isn't nearly as active as it once was, but we're back to the point where on any given night you're likely to find several folks online.  We'd love to team up with any active GTers in one way or another.  The more, the merrier!

Wait a minute! You guys are still playing?! And you dont send me a PM or nothing?! Oh, this is wrong, wrong, wrong! I gotta login and join you!
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

Generally, people hold discussions on Internet forums by posting in said forums.  smile 
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »

Quote from: Zaxxon on May 04, 2010, 06:56:30 PM

Generally, people hold discussions on Internet forums by posting in said forums.  smile 

Ohh, I see what you're doing there!
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »

Is there a good guide out there on GW campaigns?  When I logged in, I was so hopelessly lost on what to pursue.  I'm pretty sure I finished all 3 of the main campaigns but there are like 20 open quests in my journal.  I'd like to "complete" something but not sure what.  I think I never finished the last expansion.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 07:32:56 PM »

Quote from: skystride on May 04, 2010, 07:30:39 PM

Is there a good guide out there on GW campaigns?  When I logged in, I was so hopelessly lost on what to pursue.  I'm pretty sure I finished all 3 of the main campaigns but there are like 20 open quests in my journal.  I'd like to "complete" something but not sure what.  I think I never finished the last expansion.

One nice feature they patched in awhile back is integration with the official Guild Wars Wiki in-game.  You can hit F10 and it'll have hyperlinks to all your open quests, recently-visited areas, etc.  Sounds like it's taylor-made for your situation.  Join us!
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »

I'm still in the DUI guild.  I'll try to switch over to the new guild next time I'm on.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »

I can re-invite you, but you've got to leave DUI first.  Once you're out, post your char name here or message Zaxxon Zingledorf in game.
Miltonite
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 02:32:32 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on April 16, 2010, 06:24:40 PM

Awesomeness! I played the hell out of GW.. Can't wait for GW2.. and still have GW installed. So I think I'm going to make a return in-game this weekend!  icon_smile

PR coming back to GW? This makes me happy.

Believe me, I need more help than you can offer.

One of the many OO immigrants
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 06:43:14 AM »

Quote from: Zaxxon on May 04, 2010, 07:38:56 PM

I can re-invite you, but you've got to leave DUI first.  Once you're out, post your char name here

Done.  Kublai Exsulum
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »

Lovely.. real lovely. I hate having to wait 'up to 24 hours' to get a password reset email. Ugh, NCSoft. UGH!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:55 AM »

I'm still in DUI too, so I should do the same.  What are people doing for core gameplay these days?  PvE or PvP?  Was there new PvE added?
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 03:40:10 AM »

Quote from: Zaxxon on May 04, 2010, 07:32:56 PM

One nice feature they patched in awhile back is integration with the official Guild Wars Wiki in-game.  You can hit F10 and it'll have hyperlinks to all your open quests, recently-visited areas, etc.  Sounds like it's taylor-made for your situation.  Join us!

My F10 just changes weapons.  How do I access this feature?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: