http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 (official review on pp 21)  (Read 44165 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

The official blog had a round up of all the media coverage from the closed weekend event:
http://www.arena.net/blog/link-round-up-cbt3-edition

Kotaku's has a lot of their own video (something like the NDA allows video but not screenshots at this point):
Everything You Wanted to Know about Guild Wars 2
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:19:49 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »

So they are taking preorders but have not said anything about the launch date or when/how many betas that will get you into if you buy?!  Sounds like selling a pig in a poke to me.  I will preorder at some point but they're going to have cough up some more info first.

So yeah Knighshade we want to know the release date and when/how many beta weekends are coming.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on April 10, 2012, 01:48:45 PM

So they are taking preorders but have not said anything about the launch date or when/how many betas that will get you into if you buy?!  Sounds like selling a pig in a poke to me.  I will preorder at some point but they're going to have cough up some more info first.

So yeah Knighshade we want to know the release date and when/how many beta weekends are coming.

But aren't we pretty sure about that Pig at this stage of the game?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »

Yeah, I want those answers before I preorder.  If it's July - August, I'll preorder.  If it's around Christmas, then I'll ask for it on my Christmas list. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »

So they are taking preorders but have not said anything about the launch date or when/how many betas that will get you into if you buy?!  Sounds like selling a pig in a poke to me.  I will preorder at some point but they're going to have cough up some more info first.

They've said there will be approximately one beta weekend per month (the first one being April 20th-22nd), although they haven't said for how many more months the beta is going to last. They've also said pre-purchasing will get you three days of early access when the game does go live.

So: your questions remain reasonable (and I would like some more information myself, even though I just finished pre-purchasing) but I just wanted to point out that they have said something about what you're getting.

Personally, since I knew I was going to buy the game to try it out anyway and it makes zero difference to my budget whether I spend the money this month or later, I decided the opportunity to try the game out this month (and thus start talking to my friends about it and start planning whether I'm likely to still be playing SWTOR this summer) was worth putting the money down now.

- Ash
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:00:00 PM by Asharak » Logged
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »

My question is related I guess.  

"You've stated [somewhere] that you are pretty much done with the game.  What is the team working on now exactly?"  And tell them I'll donate a dollar to their favorite charity if they respond without using the word "polishing" in their answer.

And yeah, I pre-purchased.  Of course, I'd pre-purchase shit-on-a-shitstick if it has the name Guild Wars or Homeworld in the title though.   icon_neutral

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on April 10, 2012, 02:52:48 PM

"You've stated [somewhere] that you are pretty much done with the game.  What is the team working on now exactly?"  And tell them I'll donate a dollar to their favorite charity if they respond without using the word "polishing" in their answer.

That's easy: optimizing the gloss coefficient.

</Mike Laidlaw>

- Ash
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »

Quote from: Asharak
Personally, since I knew I was going to buy the game to try it out anyway and it makes zero difference to my budget whether I spend the money this month or later, I decided the opportunity to try the game out this month (and thus start taking to my friends about it and start planning whether I'm likely to still be playing SWTOR this summer) was worth putting the money down now.

- Ash

+1000!

I think the game will be out before summer's thru. Before Labor Day at the latest. I figure trying the game out on 2-4 weekend events between now and then is definetely worth the pre-purchase.  nod

Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »

Quote from: Asharak on April 10, 2012, 02:48:02 PM

They've said there will be approximately one beta weekend per month (the first one being April 20th-22nd), although they haven't said for how many more months the beta is going to last. They've also said pre-purchasing will get you three days of early access when the game does go live...

OK I did not know there was one beta already announced, and one a month after that.  Thanks.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

So, are there still instances like the first one, or is it all open world now?

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on April 10, 2012, 03:56:16 PM

So, are there still instances like the first one, or is it all open world now?

Open world. I believe, like most MMOs, there is still some instanced content -- your personal story stuff and major dungeons, etc. -- but the basic world is a typical MMO open world now, rather than the everyone-gets-their-own-instance-outside-the-social-hubs approach of GW1.

- Ash
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »

Put in my preorder this morning.
Miltonite
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »

It has been brought up on OO about a guild between The Wanders, OO and Gaming Trend.  I like to think of it as the Wandering Overlord Trend guild.  I am curious if all of you would be interested in this.  We would be larger which would hopefully make it easier to find a large group to play with and with such a large group we might be able to have a noticeable presence in World vs World.

Believe me, I need more help than you can offer.

One of the many OO immigrants
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »

Since there are no differences in servers, I don't see why we can't all be on the same server.  This has been a problem in the past (PvE vs PvP vs ERP).  Also the game allows you to be in multiple guilds (though you can only actively contribute to one guild).
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

You can be in more than one guild but the advantage of one combined guild would be everyone contributing toward that guilds perks.

Miltonite
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on April 10, 2012, 06:37:37 PM

You can be in more than one guild but the advantage of one combined guild would be everyone contributing toward that guilds perks.

Exactly.

Believe me, I need more help than you can offer.

One of the many OO immigrants
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on April 10, 2012, 02:59:05 PM

I think the game will be out before summer's thru.

wouldn't it be awesome if they did a surprise release on May 15th? icon_twisted

[edit]  ugh, $59.99?  was hoping they weren't going to jump on that new pricepoint bandwagon disgust
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:11:48 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2012, 07:07:52 PM

[edit]  ugh, $59.99?  was hoping they weren't going to jump on that new pricepoint bandwagon disgust

Cost me more than that to fill up my wife's car the other day.   mad

GW2 @ $60 for all that entertainment value is nothing really.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »

Yeah, but CeeKay is going to have to buy pretty costumes for all his characters so it will cost him a lot more slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 10, 2012, 07:17:51 PM

Yeah, but CeeKay is going to have to buy pretty costumes for all his characters so it will cost him a lot more slywink

yeah,  considering they're doing microtransactions they should have gone with $49.99.  chances are it was going to compete with The Secret World for my MMO time this summer, but considering I'll probably get maybe a months playtime (not barring any free play time) out of them before moving on TSW clinches at $49.99.

Because I can,
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2012, 07:40:34 PM

yeah,  considering they're doing microtransactions they should have gone with $49.99.

OTOH, considering that there's no subscription fee...

- Ash
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:40 PM »

Quote from: Asharak on April 10, 2012, 07:58:54 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2012, 07:40:34 PM

yeah,  considering they're doing microtransactions they should have gone with $49.99.

OTOH, considering that there's no subscription fee...

- Ash

there's that I guess, but when I look back on how little I played GW1 I'll be waiting for a price drop and a gaming lull.

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »

Pre-Purchase Done!!! Bammm!.. for the Digital Collector's Edition.

Was so tempted to go all out with the Collector's Edition.. but I'm working on being frugal and I know I won't look at that extra stuff more than once. I did almost place the order at Gamestop.com.. and--interesting--they have a release date of 6/26/12.

Mmmmmm.  nod
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on April 10, 2012, 06:37:37 PM

Really? That's awesome, because I'd love to be in my old WoW guild in GW2, but also play with you forum geeks biggrin
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »

Quote from: Miltonite on April 10, 2012, 05:35:01 PM

It has been brought up on OO about a guild between The Wanders, OO and Gaming Trend.  I like to think of it as the Wandering Overlord Trend guild.  I am curious if all of you would be interested in this.  We would be larger which would hopefully make it easier to find a large group to play with and with such a large group we might be able to have a noticeable presence in World vs World.

Anyone who visits OO and here knows I'm already all for this, as I am one of the people that brought it up initially.  In thinking about it further though, maybe it would be easiest if everyone here just joined The Wanderers??  I'm not sure how some of the newer GT members who aren't already Wanderers would feel about that though.

In short- I think the idea of us all being together makes a lot of sense.  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:45:32 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2012, 12:39:50 AM »

makes the most sense, We wanderers started from the Gone Gold forums over 11 years ago and are still around today, and GT and OO forum people are always welcome, heck most are already wanderers.  Forums and Voice chat and all the rest are always on and working.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2012, 02:27:16 AM »

I'm curious if trait respecs are still going to be free when the game hits, and can a trait build be saved, ala how skill builds were able to be saved in GW1. Can you save an overall equipment/skill/trait combo to reuse later, or just traits (since the skill/attribute build from GW1 is now largely consolidated with weapon selection)... or if you want to change, do you have to rebuild from scratch each time?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:37 PM »

I think we should all go Wanderers. Would make everything so easy, and we would have a big pool of people to play alongside with.

I also wish OO and GT would merge already. Seriously. It would make it so much better.  nod
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 13, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on April 13, 2012, 03:14:37 PM

I think we should all go Wanderers. Would make everything so easy, and we would have a big pool of people to play alongside with.

I also wish OO and GT would merge already. Seriously. It would make it so much better.  nod

GT folks are always welcome to join us.  If you don't have an account with us, sign up at http://www.the-wanderers-guild.com.  You just need to agree to our code of conduct and also mention that you are from here.  A sponsor is nice to have but not required if we already know who you are from GT.
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on April 11, 2012, 10:18:53 PM

In thinking about it further though, maybe it would be easiest if everyone here just joined The Wanderers??  I'm not sure how some of the newer GT members who aren't already Wanderers would feel about that though.  

Meh. I don't really care what we call it or how we structure it. Do the Wanderers have any participation/playstyle/etc. expectations that people should know about? An established guild does have some appeal from the perspective of (presumably) helping to avoid the drop-off in players that happens in new guilds after a game's first month.

- Ash
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »

Quote from: Asharak on April 13, 2012, 03:31:47 PM

Do the Wanderers have any participation/playstyle/etc. expectations that people should know about?

Yes, you're required to engage in erotic roleplay with Rittchard every Thursday.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

Quote from: skystride on April 13, 2012, 03:23:41 PM

You just need to agree to our code of conduct and also mention that you are from here.

just remember that rittchard is usually a gentle lover.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:30 PM »

Quote from: skystride on April 13, 2012, 04:45:21 PM

Do the Wanderers have any participation/playstyle/etc. expectations that people should know about?

Yes, you're required to engage in erotic roleplay with Rittchard every Thursday.

Ok then, Now that The Wanderers is officially out, when do we start up the new joint guild?   paranoid

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on April 13, 2012, 05:07:30 PM

Quote from: skystride on April 13, 2012, 04:45:21 PM

Ok then, Now that The Wanderers is officially out, when do we start up the new joint guild?   paranoid

Don't worry. Ritt only lasts less than 2 minutes. It'll be over before you know what happened.  icon_razz
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »

First BWE will be next weekend

Good news! First Beta Weekend Event will be from April 27-29. We will let you know once the client is ready for download. We’ll have a blog post with details about what and when you can play later today or tomorrow. If you haven’t already: pre-purchase to participate! https://buy.guildwars2.com/ ~RB2
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 24, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »

Anyone who preordered get any news on the client download yet?  I have not.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on April 24, 2012, 11:40:36 AM

Anyone who preordered get any news on the client download yet?  I have not.
Not yet.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »

Nothing yet here either.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »

When it come up, the client should be available at https://account.guildwars2.com/download

Not that I'm keeping an eye on it or anything..... ninja
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »

Don't forget this is a public event:
http://www.arena.net/blog/the-beta-weekend-event-is-coming
Quote from: Guild Wars 2 blog
This is a public event, which means that you’re not bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). So go ahead, feel free to take screenshots, shoot video, blog, tweet, write, or compose a rock opera to share your Guild Wars 2 experience with the world.
This is my b-day weekend and I got a lot going on, so I figure I'll wait and see how ya'll feel about it. Maybe I'll take the plunge for a later weekend when I have more time to burn though all bets are off once Diablo III's out.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: