http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 02:14:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GRAW2 Multiplayer possibility  (Read 3702 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »

I'm looking at grabbing this when I get off work today to compliment my R6.  R6 for when I want the close quarters hide and seek and GRAW2 when I want the outside open air killin.

We have enough people interested in multiplayer to make this work a couple nights a week perhaps?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:47:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 16, 2007, 01:42:57 PM

I'm looking at grabbing this when I get off work today to compliment my R6.  R6 for when I want the close quarters hide and seek and GRAW2 when I want the outside open air killin.

We have enough people interested in multiplayer to make this work a couple nights a week perhaps?

You know I am in. Its a much better game overall IMO, and I would much rather play it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:49:48 PM »

I'd be up for it, and Dreamshadow mentioned he was interested in another thread.  The only catch for me is finding the time to play nowadays

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 02:57:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2007, 02:49:48 PM

I'd be up for it, and Dreamshadow mentioned he was interested in another thread.  The only catch for me is finding the time to play nowadays

Yeah I am just slammed at work. I hit almost 70 in 5 days last week and will likely do 60 by Thursday night and might work Friday too. I can usually get one solid hour at night from 10-11 EDT and then im flexible all day Fri-Sun. Lets try to get a time or two going this week, I still have some coop achievements to get (plus the coop missions are damn fun and challenging). Lets keep this thread open. I am not sure if ATB picked this one up yet, but if he did maybe he will play too.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2007, 02:49:48 PM

Watch less tv.  Watch less lame sci fi.

As for my inness. I would be in if i had the game. I'm not even halfway through GRAW (which I now love), and am most definitely interested in 2.  However, price is the barrier to entry.  Maybe I can rent it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 16, 2007, 03:00:18 PM

Watch less tv.  Watch less lame sci fi.

hey, the lame sci-fi was a one day thing, and I won't have to worry about it for another year.

Because I can,
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »

In.  It's been sitting on my shelf for weeks untouched as I've been distracted by other games.  But the GRAW1 sessions were always a good time.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:23:44 PM »

I'm in for tonight.  No Heroes to distract me. smile I should be able to play from about 7:00pm CST until 9:00pm CST..  I might be delayed a little bit to get the oldest daughter in to bed.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 03:31:34 PM »

I would be interested if I can get the guitar out of my hands

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 03:36:52 PM »

Tonight is unfortunately a definite out for me- I have to go from work to the airport (leaving work after 9 or so EDT) and probably won't even get home until midnight, so I must go straight to bed to wake up at 530 tomorrow frown Tuesday I can play!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 04:22:54 PM »

Not sure I can get used to this.  Does it auto-aim in multiplayer like it does in campaign?  I feel like I'm playing noob mode.  I barely move the crosshairs towards someone and it locks right on to them.  Seems very skill deficient and arcady so far.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 04:36:08 PM »

Do you guys prefer multiplayer with or without the over the shoulder cam? 

I think I prefer it without the shoulder cam and without the drones so far.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 04:40:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 16, 2007, 04:22:54 PM

Not sure I can get used to this.  Does it auto-aim in multiplayer like it does in campaign?  I feel like I'm playing noob mode.  I barely move the crosshairs towards someone and it locks right on to them.  Seems very skill deficient and arcady so far.

Um...I don't see any auto-aim in ranked multiplayer games and I have played 20-30 hours of it.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 16, 2007, 04:36:08 PM

Shoulder cam optional, no drones, launchers disabled except for rare games when you want to just screw around.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 04:51:21 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 16, 2007, 04:41:38 PM

Shoulder cam optional, no drones, launchers disabled except for rare games when you want to just screw around.

Launchers as in the grenade launchers mounted under the barrel?  those can come in handy when facing groups of tangos- er... enemy combatants.  Or are we talking something other than co-op?

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 04:52:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2007, 04:51:21 PM

Launchers as in the grenade launchers mounted under the barrel?  those can come in handy when facing groups of tangos- er... enemy combatants.  Or are we talking something other than co-op?

Talking strictly multiplayer-adversarial. I don't really consider co-op multiplayer, I consider it co-op smile For regular co-op drone and all weapons enabled is the way to go, its simply too difficult otherwise on some maps. For ranked MP, no launchers generally.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 16, 2007, 04:52:48 PM

Talking strictly multiplayer-adversarial. I don't really consider co-op multiplayer, I consider it co-op smile For regular co-op drone and all weapons enabled is the way to go, its simply too difficult otherwise on some maps. For ranked MP, no launchers generally.

gotcha.  With the original GRAW most of us did co-op vs. the AI.  I really didn't care for the other MP modes that much.

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2007, 04:56:56 PM

Quote from: Calvin on April 16, 2007, 04:52:48 PM

gotcha.  With the original GRAW most of us did co-op vs. the AI.  I really didn't care for the other MP modes that much.

Yeah I remember, I was part of that for a long time smile You can do all sorts of modes vs. the AI and most of them rock. The coop missions in this are long, hard, have multiple objectives, and get a big  thumbsup, the coop defend is very fun, and the helo hunt is awesome. All great modes I would be playing way more of if I actually had a regular group to play with.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »

why no launchers in mp? sounds like they'd be fun
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

Tried some multiplayer, still undecided.  It feels like I'm floating on a hoverboard or something and it always moves a set distance if you tap a direction.  Almost feels like a rail shooter that I'm moving the rails.  Plus I keep hitting LT to take cover slywink

I'll give it a shot.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »

Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?  That might be part of the sluggish feel for me.

edit:  I'm not having much fun at all in multi so far, hopefully it gets better with you guys.  Aiming feels very 'off' as does movement.  You can't take ANY kind of cover in multiplayer, you can't hold your breath while sniping in multi.  All the things I liked better in this game over R6 are no even in the multiplayer mode, only campaign. frown

edit 2:  I also can't even hear people in the lobby because there's no way to adjust the stupid menu music down in volume and leave voice loud.  I have a headset/mic combo that requires playing headset sounds over speakers so they aren't separate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:37:39 PM by Harkonis » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 16, 2007, 05:45:16 PM

why no launchers in mp? sounds like they'd be fun

They are completely and utterly imbalanced in ranked multiplayer matches, even more so without a real cover system.which is why you will never see them enabled if the host is more than a level 2 or something unless people are just goofing around.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

I've been playing the last hour or so and I can't understand how this game can be released in this day and age.  I'll play tonight and try my best to enjoy it but GoW and R6 have spoiled me.  This feels like I'm playing first gen counterstrike on a console.  Graphics are ok, animations in multi are crap.  It looks like everyone is skating around just like first gen games.  Gears and R6 it looks like they are actually moving and turning etc.  I'm doing ok scorewise, but it just isn't much fun.  With cover it would probably be more than acceptable, but a game without cover seems pretty lame after the others that have it.

Single player and coop seem pretty nice though, but not worth the $60.  I may be returning it tomorrow, not sure yet.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 07:28:16 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 16, 2007, 07:26:49 PM

I've been playing the last hour or so and I can't understand how this game can be released in this day and age.  I'll play tonight and try my best to enjoy it but GoW and R6 have spoiled me.  This feels like I'm playing first gen counterstrike on a console.  Graphics are ok, animations in multi are crap.  It looks like everyone is skating around just like first gen games.  Gears and R6 it looks like they are actually moving and turning etc.  I'm doing ok scorewise, but it just isn't much fun.  With cover it would probably be more than acceptable, but a game without cover seems pretty lame after the others that have it.

Single player and coop seem pretty nice though, but not worth the $60.  I may be returning it tomorrow, not sure yet.

Maybe you are playing on laggy servers? I have played the multiplayer probably 25-30 hours and other than the valid complaint about cover (although I understand their reasons for leaving it out), I don't agree with a thing you have mentioned. Sorry dude frown
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 07:44:06 PM »

I'll be on later tonight to play some GRAW2.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »

the feet don't match when they run, I've tried about 10 servers though I guess it could still be the servers.  When you strafe you float left and right just like quake, the hips don't swival.

3rd person gets in the way, first person has no weapon showing.  I'm trying to like it but having some immersion issues.  Sorry to sound so negative, I just don't like $60 and feeling like I'm playing something really unpolished.  Controls seem quite sluggish.  If I hold precision then reload, instead of going back to precision if I'm still holding LT, I have to release and rehit it.  All the buttons do that and I'm used to R6.  A lot of my issues are being used to the smoothness of R6 and the feeling that I'm actually moving around in that world.
Kratz
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »

I would *really* like to play some GRAW2.

The one time I multied it I was having all sorts of problems aiming.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:26 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 16, 2007, 07:44:06 PM

OMFGHI2U I can't be around tonight man! Make it tomorrow (unless something changes and I will PM you),
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 08:26:07 PM »

I'm going to be playing from now until whenever.  Send me a msg and I'll set the server up and we can get going.  I didn't see anyway to set reserved slots in a public game, maybe I missed it so we're either full public or full private frown
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 08:57:10 PM »

I had a feeling you'd be in....This is your Friday night, eh?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on April 16, 2007, 08:57:10 PM

I had a feeling you'd be in....This is your Friday night, eh?

You are correct sir!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 11:49:38 PM »

don't forget to grab the free map download from the 'exclusive content' option on the main menu.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 12:48:09 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 16, 2007, 11:49:38 PM

don't forget to grab the free map download from the 'exclusive content' option on the main menu.

*smacks head*  I did forget that.  I should nab it before I play with you guys.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 07:21:21 AM »

I gotta say... I'm pretty sure the grenade launcher is not supposed to be a laser accurate weapon.... but somehow papa smurff pulled it off.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on April 17, 2007, 07:21:21 AM

I gotta say... I'm pretty sure the grenade launcher is not supposed to be a laser accurate weapon.... but somehow papa smurff pulled it off.

'cuz he's PAPA SMURFF!!!!! (possibly nsfw)  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »

Gahh screw you guys! The one night this week I absolutely couldn't play and you all were just like "LETS DO IT TONIGHT". Bastards.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 11:33:10 AM »

It was pretty fun, but we mostly just did coop.  I'm not a huge fan of killing AI, but I do like working together.  Achievements mean exactly zilch to me.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 17, 2007, 11:33:10 AM

It was pretty fun, but we mostly just did coop.  I'm not a huge fan of killing AI, but I do like working together.  Achievements mean exactly zilch to me.

Coop in this game rules!! Did you do the coop missions or just like defend coop and stuff like that?

But again, THANKS FOR LEAVING ME OUT..and I try to set this up for weeks! Hate you all!!
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »

We planned it that way!

I wish I hadn't been on duty last night, I could have played more.  Of course playing 'til 4am was an interesting choice on my part as well.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 05:02:15 PM »

We played the missions and finished them off for KD and then we played some heli hunt

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: