http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:47:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gladius Multiplayer?  (Read 3217 times)
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2004, 11:50:05 PM »

I've heard a few things about Gladius and being the big Tactical turn-based RPG fan that I am I'm wondering how the game is?
More specifically I heard that there is a co-op multiplayer mode and I'm wondering how it works and if its any good?

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:52:35 PM »

I dunno if it's multiplayer; I don't think so.

Played it when it first came out; wicked awesome game once you get past the "training" section.

Waiting for a bargain basement sale to pick it up.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 02:27:54 PM »

It is a great game.  

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long game though.

I am almost positive it has a multiplayer component to it, I just can't remember what its limitations are.

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 02:40:50 PM »

Yes, it is multiplayer.  One player controls all of the interface stuff, but when you're getting ready to enter the arena, at the point where you choose which fighters will be along for the ride, another player can press the 'start' button.  At that point, they choose every-other gladiator for the team, and control them during combat.  There's also a mode where you fight against each other, I believe.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 02:32:21 PM »

Oh yeah! That's right, it does.
Since most of the game is in combat (which isn't that fast; think Final Fantasy Tactics) the other player has some significant play time. If I'm not mistaken, they get a different colored circle around their characters too.

Anyways, it's a really good game. Some of the challenges aren't the best, but it seems to have a lot of variety.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 09:30:59 PM »

this game is turn based correct? i wasnt sure it looked good

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 10:04:21 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
this game is turn based correct? i wasnt sure it looked good

Yup.  Attacks require a little more skill than just selecting an attack though.  Each of the attacks and skills requires a different method of hitting the buttons.  Makes it a little more neat in my opinion.

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 04:20:52 AM »

Yup. Attacks require a little more skill than just selecting an attack though. Each of the attacks and skills requires a different method of hitting the buttons. Makes it a little more neat in my opinion.

You can also turn off the "swing" meters and let the computer decide statistically.   But you won't want to if you can critical often on your own.
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 06:00:14 PM »

I played this sucker completely through with a couple of buddies.  We had a ball playing it multiplayer, especially taunting each other when we blew an important strike.

We found that we soon found our niches.  I was always running the archers and light characters, Buddy A was always the heavies and support, Buddy B was always Mediums and creatures.  Worked out really well.

There are times when you only have a couple of people fighting, so someone may be left out of a fight.  At that point the odd man out went for beverages.

Give it a try, with a like-minded set of people it can be a lot of fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: