http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 08:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funniest WOW bug you’ve encountered  (Read 1564 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2004, 05:24:06 PM »

Last night I was playing WOW with a friend of mine; we had just cleared out a Furbog camp and had proceeded further to the north to look for mushrooms.  Suddenly for no apparent reason she started spawning bears when ever she would stand still.  Within five minutes the entire upper level of the cave was filled.  At first they all spawned passively but the absolute highlight was when they started to attack and she responded, “How dare they attack mommy!”

Of course we died and the problem went away but it was hilarious, I couldn’t stop laughing.  

So what’s the best/worst/funniest bug you’ve encountered?
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 08:42:17 PM »

I've had nothing quite so funny, but in a situation like that don't forget to /bug report so they can hopefully track it down.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 09:24:25 AM »

nice exploit.  Bears Gone Wild!

That would be useful for going solo in PvP- just mass-spawn bears right outside their town, and laugh at the carnage.  It would also probably raise the bugs priority   :wink:
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 05:15:30 PM »

Well, maybe not the funniest bug, but definitely the funniest bug report, comes from Korea...

Scroll down to the GIF
DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 05:22:20 PM »

Wasn't a major bug, but the troll witch doctor in training, Bom'bay smile got me drunk, and though it was only supposed to last five minutes, the effect didn't wear off. I had to stagger around, hic'ing and slurring my words, until I finally just walked into the water and drowned myself to see if that would clear up the hangover.

Nothing like a slight case of death to clear the mind!

BTW, that's one of the things I LOVE about WoW - Blizzard puts stuff in there just for FUN - no other purpose but to remind you're supposed to be having a good time playing a game.

If you run into Bom'Bay have some FUN with it - it really is hilarious how his spells backfire on you smile
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 07:31:57 PM »

is that the guy in sen'jin village on durotar?  i like the various things he can do to you, like turning you into a chicken, making you 30 feet tall or shooting you way up into the air.  very cool.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 08:47:06 PM »

tiny ogre, that bug report is hilarious!  Definitely don't need to speak Korean to understand that one.  smile

I can't tell you how many times my poor alchemist has gotten stuck doing the "forever crouch" on some of the broken herbs.  Luckily a passing warrior told me about the logout/login "fix" for it.  He said he marked every one of those herbs on his map, and avoided them.  You guys need to find somebody like that when you go to fix them, assuming there isn't some easier way to fix it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: