http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 02:34:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funniest quest I have ran across (WoW)  (Read 2049 times)
Toe
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2005, 08:19:13 PM »

I guess this is kind of a spoiler, so a warning is in effect..
I am out exploring the Burning Steppes, enjoying the lovely weather and scenery.

I happen by an outhouse. I have seen them before in various other places, but they have always been just scenery.

I moused over this one however and discovered that I could interact with it. Cool! So I do so and a quest pops up.

Seems a guy was messing around by some dark iron dwarves close by and they discovered him and chased after him. He runs into this outhouse to hide. The dwarves figure out he is in there and cast spells and such on it and lock him in.

Well the occupant is worried that he will be unable to complete the mission he was sent here on and wonders if would be willing to undertake the mission for him. To do so, I will need to kill some of the dark iron dwarves and provide him with 15 silk cloths. He said: "Ya gotta show 'em who's boss for me. Can ya do that? Teach them geologists a lesson! Oh... an' can ya get me some pieces of silk cloth for... for... nothin'" Haha! I cracked up. Too funny. After i do that he gives me a ledger with the mission objectives on it by pushing it out through the crack at the bottom of the outhouse. (it appears on the ground outside the outhouse) Funny stuff.
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 09:47:08 PM »

That's terrific! What's the level range in the Steppes anyway?
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 09:59:42 PM »

Haven't run across that one but there's a funny low level one on the horde side where a foreman gives you a blackjack to wander around, find sleeping orc peons and bop 'em with it so that they get back to work chopping trees for wood Tongue

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 12:05:06 AM »

I was gonna say that peon one myself....stupid peons....

me - Hey you, get to work
peon - leave me alone zzZzzZ
me - BONK!
peon - alright alright Im working.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Semaj

View Profile
lol
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 06:52:42 PM »

I actually freed the guy before I ever did the silk quest... smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 02:58:34 AM »

The funniest reward I've gotten is a Stranglethorn quest were you get a "Goblin Fishing Pole". Its 5 sticks of Dynamite.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 08:03:24 AM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
The funniest reward I've gotten is a Stranglethorn quest were you get a "Goblin Fishing Pole". Its 5 sticks of Dynamite.

There's also a Blunderbuss called "Dwarven Fishing Pole"

Someone in my guild last night got a quest reward of "wetwipes" Used to remove debuff spells "with the fresh scent of lemon!"

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 06:18:21 PM »

that's great to hear that blizzard has kept the humorous streak they had in the past games alive in wow.

slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 12:12:19 AM »

Personally I thought the quests I received from fisherman "Gubber Blump" in auberdine were very funny.

For Fruit of the Sea he wanted me to get 6 fine crab chunks.
I love crab. Crabs are the fruit of the sea! You can bake it, barbecue it, boil it, and broil it. They're pan fried, deep fried, and stir fried. There's crab salad, crab soup, crab stew, pepper crab, lemon crab, whipper root crab, and Ironforge surprise crab. That's... that's about it.

I'm here fishing right now, so I can't get any fine crab chunks. You can pick them out of reef crawlers and encrusted tide crawlers. You can make a lot with it. You can bake it, barbecue it, boil it...

biggrin

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 12:44:43 PM »

Quote from: "slackerjoe"
Personally I thought the quests I received from fisherman "Gubber Blump" in auberdine were very funny.

For Fruit of the Sea he wanted me to get 6 fine crab chunks.
I love crab. Crabs are the fruit of the sea! You can bake it, barbecue it, boil it, and broil it. They're pan fried, deep fried, and stir fried. There's crab salad, crab soup, crab stew, pepper crab, lemon crab, whipper root crab, and Ironforge surprise crab. That's... that's about it.

I'm here fishing right now, so I can't get any fine crab chunks. You can pick them out of reef crawlers and encrusted tide crawlers. You can make a lot with it. You can bake it, barbecue it, boil it...

biggrin

Oh yeah, a quest he gives definately stood out also. Mainly because after you do the fishing quest for him, he gives you a new fishing rod initially. But a few days later, he sends you a letter (through the in-game mail system) asking you how things are going with your fishing. Enclosed in the letter is a shiney bauble you can use to increase your fishing skill for 10 minutes. Pretty cool.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 07:03:57 PM »

Blizzard's jokes are also visible via some of their items. For example:

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=16840

biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 07:36:11 PM »

I don't think you're supposed to talk about that, Destructor ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: