http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:29:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 3 racing tonight (10/30)  (Read 2734 times)
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »

Let's do some racing!  I'll try to start the festivities around 8 pm eastern.  We'll do a variety of tracks and classes, since we're all early in and none of us have great cars yet, and I'm sure we'd all like to gain some XP on the cars we have.  We can mess around with assist limitations as folks like.  Post here if you're interested, and let me know your gamertag, and I'll add you to my friends list if you're not already on it.  Or you can add me, IkeV.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:30:05 AM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »

I should be on. GT's are JABdadoftwo or Phobos of Mars. Are you looking at doing Class races or just the fastest things possible? I tend to like racing cars within the lower tiered groups, but I'm game for whatever.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

Which gamertag are you going to use jblank?  I'd like to at least start out with some lower tiered cars since that's what I think most of us are going to own, and have been driving.  At some point we'll have to take out the race cars though.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on October 28, 2009, 05:11:00 PM

Which gamertag are you going to use jblank?  I'd like to at least start out with some lower tiered cars since that's what I think most of us are going to own, and have been driving.  At some point we'll have to take out the race cars though.

Not sure...all depends on when I decide to head up to the bedroom. If we finish dinner and stuff early, Michelle usually gives the kids their baths at that time and I can play on the JABdadoftwo one, otherwise, I'll be downstairs on my Phobos of Mars one.

Sounds fun!!!!!

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

Ok, I sent friends requests to both of them.

Gamertag = IkeV
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »

Who's up for some racing tonight?  We had a great time the other night, and I'm thinking that we'll primarily stick with the lower class cars again.

Send me your gamertag, or add me as a friend if we're not already friends.

Woo!

Gamertag = IkeV
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »

I'm planning to race all night tonight, so I'm in for sure.

Whoever ends up being the host, let's definitely up the time limit for letting straggler finish the race. Default is just 30 seconds but you can increase it up to 10 minutes.  I don't think the race winners shoul mind waiting a bit longer to ensure Ike any straggler still get some prize moneys, especially since the game seems a lot more generous with loser money than Forza 2 was.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 03:21:46 PM »

Here's the downside.  If somebody really trashes their card, it could take a really long time to finish the race.  It's boring to wait for someone to finish, and it's boring for the guy who's trying to drag his smoking shitbox over the line to wind up making only a few hundred credits.  I'd prefer to do a lot more shorter races and keep things lively.  The math is that if we wait longer for the last guy to finish the race, we have fewer races, and everyone winds up winning less money.  But that's my opinion and I'll do whatever the group wants.

As a general rule, I'd like to keep races averaging around 5 miles or so.  I'd also like to spend more time at the lower end of the car spectrum at least to start out, including and especially the F200 cars.  In fact, I've yet to race in a B class car.  But I do have an F class Porsche I'd like to try out.  I've also saved a few different setups in different classes for the same car.  Although you can't upgrade cars from the MP lobby, you can load previously saved tunings, correct?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:24:22 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »

I may be in.

gellar
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 05:54:23 PM »

If someone's car is too damaged to finish, they can still forfeit the race manually. Even just upping the timer to one minute will help more people finish.

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on October 30, 2009, 03:21:46 PM

Although you can't upgrade cars from the MP lobby, you can load previously saved tunings, correct?

You can select different tunings, but if you have a car currently tuned for D and you want to switch it to an E tuning, AFAIK if he lobby is set to E only then you won't be able to select your car in order to change its tuning.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

Right.  But here's my question.  I've got one car that I have D, E and F tunings for.  Let's say we're racing F races.  Then we switch to E races.  Will I be able to switch the tuning on my car so that I can continue to use the car?

Gamertag = IkeV
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »

When we were racing D cars the other night I couldn't figure out a way to re-tune my D-rated Lancia, since I had downgraded it to E in order to race it in a single player race.

Hopefully I'm missing something.

edit: maybe it would work if the host put it on "up to D" instead of "only D," or we could just leave it unrestricted and agree on a class verbally (though that wouldn't have worked last night when we had one mic-less player.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:43:30 PM by wonderpug » Logged
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

You have to save your tunings.  If you do that, there's an option to load the tunings settings from within the multiplayer setup.  I was doing that with that Porsche 914 I was driving.  I have an F and an E tuning saved for it and I was able to switch between the two.

Gamertag = IkeV
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »

Add me I'm down anytime you guys are doing this.

AtraSolis

I'm really digging this driving wheel but I'm not sure how good I'll be if brake line assist is turned off.  I never played Forza 2 so I don't know any of these tracks.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »

Is anyone playing this game anymore? I'd be down for some MP racing if other people are.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 03:22:09 AM »

I've set it aside for the Call of Duty honeymoon period, but I'm still very excited to work more Forza into my schedule as well.  We should plan on doing a race night.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

I'm definitely in.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »

Agreed.  I'm still trying to work this in alongside of MW2.  I've picked up and upgraded some sweet cars in lots of different classes, including some classics I'd love to take on the track with you guys.

Gamertag = IkeV
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »

when?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »

This Saturday night or Sunday night work for anyone?
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

I might could Sunday.  Saturday, probably not.

Gamertag = IkeV
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »

Ok Hark.  I'm looking in this thread again based on what you said in MW2, but I'm not sure how Ike saying "might could Sunday" translates to:

Hark is definitely in
jztemple is in for sure
We should have at least 6-7 people
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 06, 2009, 03:13:34 PM

Ok Hark.  I'm looking in this thread again based on what you said in MW2, but I'm not sure how Ike saying "might could Sunday" translates to:

Hark is definitely in
jztemple is in for sure

I said we have at least 4, and it's because Ike said he'd like to play, me saying I'd like to play, and temple always playing f3 and also saying he'd like to play...

3+you is 4 Tongue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 06:14:31 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 06, 2009, 05:19:02 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on December 06, 2009, 03:13:34 PM

Hark is definitely in
jztemple is in for sure

lies

I'll try to be on around 8ish Eastern pending successful completion of last minute in-law visit preparation / battlements construction.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 06:22:04 PM »

I change my mind, I don't want to race with you guys Tongue
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »

I'm in but can't stay up late because I am old.

Gamertag = IkeV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: