http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 04:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forsaken World Co-op'ers - also tips, tricks, impressions  (Read 9685 times)
earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »

Mytocles and I have started to co-op this F2P title. Looking for other GTers interested in doing some co-op. Game play is fun, nice aesthetic appeal, more suited to those of us into PvE and co-op.

I believe Myto is currently lvl 39 and I am around 22. The first 20 lvl's go pretty quickly. Her character name is Mytocles, mine is Aliesha. More info: http://forsakenworldhq.com/

Also, drop your tips, tricks, and impressions here.

Join us in game or send a PM.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:23:04 AM by earicci » Logged

Gamertag earicci on PS3 and Xbox 360
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »

I tried it briefly and never understood why vampires fight with a giant cross?

Anyways, it looks cool enough and its free! If it wasnt so damn anime styled I'd probably play it myself

A new one
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »

You want me to put the mouse aside long enough to discuss the game?  While monies may be gathering in my Auction House?  That's a lot to expect! 

It's funny, Raz, but I never noticed the game being too anime - I see swords and shields and monsters (oh, my) but you are probably right.  I'll try to look at it with that perspective when I fire up the game later.   It does remind me of FFXI, somewhat, and the armor and clothes for the female characters - and elves! - is rather... flowery, I guess.  Speaking of that reminds me of a negative point about the game: the character builds are rather limited and armor and weapon changes aren't reflected in your appearance.  You won't spend hours designing your toon, and occasionally you may come upon someone who reminds you, quite remarkably, of yourself.  There are lots of races and jobs which will influence your look, so it's not a major detraction, just something many MMO'ers aren't used to.

The big attraction is that the game is free, of course, if you are patient and resist the urge to buy items and gold from PWE (Perfect World Entertainment).  I know myself, and as soon as I realized how much fun the game was to play, I bought more storage/ inventory space.  Most players won't need that, but I never met a plant or an ore that I could walk by, lol.  Money was tight at the start of the game, but is readily available now and I'm looking forward to the rest of the game being free.

I'm drawing a blank right now, but I'd be glad to answer anyone's questions that I can answer. One thing I know is that a powerful "gaming rig" is not a requirement.  I'm playing on my "average" laptop and have had no problems with the game at all.  When I was installing it, I needed a little help, but I doubt anyone here would require the same.  I have noticed that the laptop fan runs pretty much non-stop when I'm in the game, but that's it.

Oh, and btw... I'm level 39 not 29... and I managed it almost entirely with solo play.  Recently I've been partying more because I've found a nice group of folks to play with.  As earicci pointed out, the early levels go pretty fast and if you party up, your progress to upper levels will be even faster. 

I'm still blank, probably due to all the sleep I've been missing lately, lol.  Post your questions and I will do my best to take game breaks, check in here, and try to answer them.  There, it's in writing, so it must be true!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »

Does the map show quest locations? Or is it just easier to click on the highlighted name in the quest log and let your toon auto jog to its location? Does that ever go away?

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 06:12:58 PM »

I have been checking out the game the past few days and have a couple of characters  in the 15 to 20 level range on Storm, which server are you guys playing on?
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »

Quote from: Abaddon on June 27, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

I have been checking out the game the past few days and have a couple of characters  in the 15 to 20 level range on Storm, which server are you guys playing on?

I am playing on Lionheart

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »

this is probably one of the better free to play games too, or rather game that was F2P right away. How do I get a mount that doesn't vanish in 5 days? Only way to purchase one? I pretty much only in between games maybe like 5 hours a week total, not sure I want to sink money just for a mount.

It's crazy how much there is to do in the game.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 07:13:14 PM »

My life would be so much easier if I wasn't such an MMO-Whore and leaped at things when they sound interesting..

*starts downloading the game*

A new one
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »

Lol, Raz!   icon_twisted

I'm on Storm PvE (US East).

Jers, you will be on foot for a little while, it's part of the game, but you don't have to buy a mount -depending on how your Reputation and gold supply is.  I believe you need a Rep of 4, and you definitely need 30 gold (Soul Gold I think, not certain, but not real money at least.)  They do have special mounts that I think are only available by purchase, but they have to make their money somehow.

As far as I know the auto-route doesn't go away, and you can use it in several ways.  You can click on the map or the mini-map, or you can browse or search for various names in a section that comes up when you select the map.  Almost every quest has the name of the NPC, mob, or location that you need to find, and you can click on it and it will auto-route you.  There are a few quests, called "Special" quests that you won't be given the link, but there is enough information out there on the 'Net that you can find walkthroughs fairly easily.

I'm level 39 and I have only been to 3 places on the map, including the starting town - there are at least 8, with room to make more, so they may not even be done adding stuff to the game.  Yeah, there is a ton of stuff to do, most of which I have barely scratched the surface of.  Also, it's remarkable how well the game is done and the only real problem I've seen is infrequent.  Sometimes they go into unannounced maintenance, but it is usually only a few hours, in the middle of the night.  Well, night for me anyway.

Btw, here's a funny thing: on your in-game Friends list, there are two initials that appear in front of your name... and they are GT, lol.  Surely it's Fate.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »

TIP:  When you hit level 30, you might think you logged on to the wrong server all of a sudden.  Whenever you leave town or from a teleport area, you are warned that you've left a "safe area" and can be attacked by other players.  I must have logged in 3 times before I knew it wasn't something I did.  Google told me that there are settings that specify whether you want to engage in PvP;  the "safe area" messages are still given out, but now I know I can ignore them. I've been playing from 30 to almost-40 and the only thing different so far, is that someone sent me a duel request once.  I declined, case closed (whew!)

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 04:36:23 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on June 28, 2011, 04:22:43 PM

TIP:  When you hit level 30, you might think you logged on to the wrong server all of a sudden.  Whenever you leave town or from a teleport area, you are warned that you've left a "safe area" and can be attacked by other players.  I must have logged in 3 times before I knew it wasn't something I did.  Google told me that there are settings that specify whether you want to engage in PvP;  the "safe area" messages are still given out, but now I know I can ignore them. I've been playing from 30 to almost-40 and the only thing different so far, is that someone sent me a duel request once.  I declined, case closed (whew!)

icon_razz
\\

Good info - so there is a way to just turn off PvP requests if you are not interested? Also, how does the Auction bidding and buyout work?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »

dang, I always pictured Myto as a hardcore PVPer, taking out n00bs and taunting them over chat biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »

Lol, CeeKay, yeah I'm just a Bad Player... not a Baaaad-A**** Player.  I wish!   Roll Eyes

For the PvP level 30 choices - I'm pretty sure those choices are in Settings, the bronze cog/gear looking thing at the top right of your screen when in-game.  I'll check and get back to you on that... if I remember I said so.

The Auction House takes a little getting used to, but the most important thing to know is that there is a range of prices you can enter for sales, and two choices when buying (Bid and Buyout).  Probably the most important factor in auctioning is to know that every Auction on the AH is based on single unit prices, and unless someone puts one item up for auction, you cannot buy only one item at a time from any lots on auction.

When selling, first enter the range of a single item that would be your minimum price (and the buyer's bid) and next, the "buyout" price - the maximum price you'd accept for each (again, single) item.  When bidding or buying from the AH, you are not allowed to buy only one item of a 5-item auction, and when you choose buyout, you are buying out the lot.  I don't know if my description is any less confusing than the system itself, lol, but once you've used it a few times, it's much easier to do.  I'll put a little more info and an example in Spoiler - don't confuse yourself by reading it if you think you get it, though, I'm not the best explainer:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Example:  I have 20 potions that I want to sell.  I can use the Auction search tab to search for the same item to see the going prices, or go to the "My Auction" tab, put the item into the sell box, and choose "Compare."  This Compare function is not perfect, there are times when it won't find items that are on sale.  If you think that might be so, use Search instead, or even browse if needed.
Next: Set the lowest single-unit price you hope to get, and the buyout price (what the whole lot goes for, but based on the unit price).  Be careful of the numbers you enter, their system is a bit oddly spaced - the furthest number to the right is "Copper" and working your way to the left is Silver, then Gold, and finally Diamond. There are 100 Coppers in a Silver, 100 Silvers in a gold, and 100 Gold in a Diamond.
So, if my items were selling for between 2 silver and 6 silver, I put 2 into the Silver slot and people can bid for the lot at the next higher bid, or they can choose Buyout and buy them all at once.  You get one more choice to back out or not, when the numbers are totaled for you - in this case, the Buyout would be 120 Silver (if i used 6 as my buyout price), or 1 Gold, 20 Silver. 
Confused yet?  Now you know how I feel all of the time, lmao.  Good Luck!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »

So what are the f2p limitations on the game? Is it just microtransactions to speed progress, or you can't chat or other stuff like that?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »

Those post-level 30 PvE/ PvP choices are not in the Game Settings under that cog-like System icon I mentioned.  I didn't look on the way in, unfortunately, so I can only guess right now that it's in the main page choices, but before you get into the game.   icon_confused

Teggy, I'm a total PC game neophyte, so I don't know what you mean by micro-transactions speeding progress... but:  there are several levels of Chat, freely available except for World Chat.  You don't have to buy a "world flute" to use it, though, you can earn them in game.  I haven't used it yet myself, most players who use it are either selling something or asking for players of a certain type (like Priest and Protector, you won't lack for party invites with those.)  Oh, yeah, and the juvenile delinquents who just have to say those stupid comments that are weighing on their miniature brains.  You know, the usual MMO kiddie speak.

You can spend real money if you want to, but there doesn't seem to be anything you absolutely need to buy with anything other than game gold.  I hope that helps!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »

Yeah, basically what I meant is, are the only things you can buy with real money gold or other items that help you level quicker? You are not required to spend in order to actually use the game's features, like chat, auction house, mail, etc.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 03:24:50 AM »

Well, not exactly a good first impression. Create an account, activate via email, try to sign in, site doesn't even know I exist and doesn't even recognize my email address. Try again with different login info and address, same result.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 04:17:14 AM »

Well, customer support actually got back to me very quickly so I was able to log in. I only played for about 10 minutes, though.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 05:37:40 AM »

I was on for quite a while earlier, but got booted by thunderstorms and just got my connection back.  I had made it to level 40, too - how dare they keep me from seeing the new areas that are now open!

I'll just take a short peek at them...  ninja

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »

Quote from: mytocles on June 29, 2011, 05:37:40 AM

I was on for quite a while earlier, but got booted by thunderstorms and just got my connection back.  I had made it to level 40, too - how dare they keep me from seeing the new areas that are now open!

I'll just take a short peek at them...  ninja
Nice work to 40 Myto - as you would expect the gap between levels grows sharply after the 'draw you into the showroom' levels 1- 20. I am finding this title very much learn by doing/discovering - also helps to have a couple of buds in-game!

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »

inability to invert mouse look means I won't be playing.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »

DL'ed this last night, hoping to dig into it once I wrap up Dungeon Siege (hopefully over this long weekend)

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

I have to say, having only played WoW and Rift, I'll have to actually learn to play this game to know if I like it. I felt a little overwhelmed after logging in because the control scheme is different and the hotkeys are different. Not to mention there are a bunch of features I know nothing about. The fact that you can click on an objective and it will autorun you there is really convenient - I assume that's been in other games, but it's the first time I've seen it. Although it seems like a replacement for having a poor map.

Getting free loot every x minutes is kind of cool too, although I gather that time span keeps getting longer and longer as you play. I think I got the first at 5 minutes and the second at 15.

earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 29, 2011, 12:50:15 PM

DL'ed this last night, hoping to dig into it once I wrap up Dungeon Siege (hopefully over this long weekend)
Gratch (off topic) - have you posted your impressions of DS3 somewhere?

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »

I will do my best to keep an eye on this thread... but, my laptop display has chosen this moment in time to start to fail.  We've had nothing but trouble with this machine from the first, but this makes it nearly unusable.  Thee is a giant swatch of black running from the upper left to the lower right of the screen - like a calligrapher with black paint was trying to make a statement.   

I'm hoping we can hook it up to a monitor, but I have to wait for my in-home expert to get... in-home-from-work.  Maybe it's time to go back to Gateway, or on to Apple;  this Dell has been very, very mean to me!

disgust

Now, why the hell did I just hit "Preview" lol?  I can't see 1/4 of the screen...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 12:46:53 AM »

I'll be joining in a week or so assuming you're all still playing.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 04:39:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure there is no danger of either earicci or me quitting the game anytime soon.  Hell, I'm playing with my display all screwed up, though I'm only plinking along on easy fetch quests until I get something else set up.  See you soon(ish)!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on June 30, 2011, 04:39:33 PM

I'm pretty sure there is no danger of either earicci or me quitting the game anytime soon.  Hell, I'm playing with my display all screwed up, though I'm only plinking along on easy fetch quests until I get something else set up.  See you soon(ish)!

icon_razz

I am in for the long haul. Mytoc has been awesome with tips, saving me a bunch of time wandering around the place!

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »

Okay, so we now have a Guild to direct anyone to who wants to join.  We have a few (probably) juveniles, but you get that anywhere, so "Oh Well," I guess.  At least it is a place where you can get the Guild benefits, without being in those Freshman guilds, and we can talk to each other, get help, etc.  Right now, we are only a Level One guild, so I'm the only one who can Invite you in, but when we reach level 2, I can name Officers and abdicate most of my onerous tasks!

I'm on a lot, and I can Invite to the guild if you send me a PM and we are online at the same time, so if anyone wants to join, let me know here or in a PM and we can work it out.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »

Does it matter what race you are, etc for being able to join the guild?
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 03:05:37 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on July 03, 2011, 05:55:33 PM

Does it matter what race you are, etc for being able to join the guild?

Nope, choose whichever you like!  When you get on and want a guild, just PM me in the game, I have to be on to invite you in is all. 

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »

Thanks for the guild invite last night mytocles  icon_biggrin Had to start over. Was originally on Lionheart and level 20 but pretty boring over there and then saw you had a guild on Storm. So now I have some peeps to chat with and group with, when I get to higher levels and not my lowly level 5  icon_lol C'ya in game...

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »

Created an account and downloaded the client last night.   Started to make a character but then the servers went down so I went to bed.  Hope to get on tonight and hook up with everyone.

earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

Did my first instance with Mytoc's guild yesterday - was quite the blast despite being shorthanded. I am a bachelor this weekend so will have much gameplay time  thumbsup

Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »

Quote from: earicci on July 06, 2011, 07:09:00 PM

Did my first instance with Mytoc's guild yesterday - was quite the blast despite being shorthanded. I am a bachelor this weekend so will have much gameplay time  thumbsup

So how was it? I got my invite to the guild I guess right in the middle of a boss fight you guys were in  icon_lol

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »

Just joined Storm as Claurana...  so invite me!
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:33 AM »

Got in as Phayn.   

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 03:26:24 AM »

Ok, played too much today and got up to lvl 20
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 07:22:45 AM »

Quote from: Vindel on July 06, 2011, 08:29:27 PM

So how was it? I got my invite to the guild I guess right in the middle of a boss fight you guys were in  icon_lol

I think we were in Creekbank Valley - and I don't type and fight (very well) at the same time.  However, you must be very, very special... because I answered you, lmao.    nod

Quote from: Azhag on July 07, 2011, 03:26:24 AM

Ok, played too much today and got up to lvl 20

Sorry, Az, I'm still playing around with setting up my new laptop and wasn't on GT much today.  We have to be online together for me to invite you, btw, so watch for me and PM me in the game when you see me.  If I'm not on, Pidane can also invite, just tell him you're "a friend of myto's" and we'll see if that does you any good.  You can also keep an eye out for any other guild members who can find one of us, either from the names posted in this thread, or the name of the guild (VSQReserve).

I know what you mean about playing too long;  it is now 3:15 AM and I just got off the game.  I believe it was faide/Phayn who commented tonight that he was on longer than expected as well, at least I know it was a GT'er anyway.  We are really starting to represent and I wouldn't be surprised if some folks from FW end up joining GT - people have been asking about it. 

icon_razz 

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »

Oh, "shorthanded"- that is quite the understatement!  Our party leader accidentally signed us up for the Advanced God's Trial, one person had a power failure upon stepping into the instance, one must have thought we were Doomed and quit, and another d/c'ed halfway through.  Essentially we did it as a 3 person party, and it was earicci's first go-round with that instance to boot.  God's Trials are frenetic enough to mind-blast most first-timers, lol, so it was EPIC.  We probably asked each other whether we should quit ten or twelve times, but we just kept going... and eventually won.  Good times, without doubt.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: