http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 05:57:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 41278 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: September 30, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 01:08:16 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 30, 2013, 12:15:55 PM

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 11:54:44 AM

A "bot" tanking?  Pretty sure there's no bots in FF XIV.

yeah there are a lot of Bots

i took a picture of a lot of dead bots in this thread somewhere,and then they upgraded

what they do now,is group up,and spawn on an enemy and destroy it,if one of them dies they spawn away and immediately spawn back with the group

when another enemy appears in the area,they immediately SPAWN..not move to it,but spawn on that enemy

They all stay in the area grouped up,it was Highbridge area in East Thanalan where they were on our server

EDIT: Okay it wasn't a picture of dead bots,but these are Cactuars bots
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/massive-multiplayer-madness/final-fantasy-xiv-online/msg930562/#msg930562

OK, but how would a single bot run a 4-man dungeon?

Don't know.but i would have said the same thing about how they are able to spawn to different enemies a few feet away when you can't spawn in this game unless its to a Crystal

As i said,they came back after their first plan with a much improved plan(that was the first week of September)...TBH it wouldn't surprise me if they figured out now how to spam-run dungeons as well,it may be a single bot,but it will still be with 3 others(bots or not) running it or else the dungeon doesn't start

I don't limit them to anything anymore after seeing them in action on Cactuar

That is indeed if it IS a bot SC saw in the dungeon(not doubting,just covering my bases Tongue)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 30, 2013, 02:28:22 PM »

i took a picture of a lot of dead bots in this thread somewhere,and then they upgraded

what they do now,is group up,and spawn on an enemy and destroy it,if one of them dies they spawn away and immediately spawn back with the group

when another enemy appears in the area,they immediately SPAWN..not move to it,but spawn on that enemy

They all stay in the area grouped up,it was Highbridge area in East Thanalan where they were on our server

http://gamingtrend.com/forums/massive-multiplayer-madness/final-fantasy-xiv-online/msg930562/#msg930562

Auto followed the healer or DPS.  Only engaged mobs when we go in range Used the exact same routine when engaging mobs.. Always circle strafing after repeated attempts in party chat to stop.  Never peeled off when adds jumped on the healer. Sat down at the oddest times. 

We let it die after it trailed off by itself

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 30, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 30, 2013, 02:28:22 PM

Auto followed the healer or DPS.  Only engaged mobs when we go in range Used the exact same routine when engaging mobs.. Always circle strafing after repeated attempts in party chat to stop.  Never peeled off when adds jumped on the healer. Sat down at the oddest times. 

We let it die after it trailed off by itself

Weird.  I've heard about people who would log into a dungeon, set their toon to auto-follow someone, then simply go AFK.  Sounds like that's probably what happened.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 30, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »

I honestly don't know the first thing when it comes to bots and how they do it(not really sure i care either),i would suspect though that a lot of user macros are used..other than that,i can't really say

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 30, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 30, 2013, 09:26:36 AM

So, I got the mail that the "Free trial" is almost up (10/05 since you insist of listing dates backwards!). I am curious how many here have applied credit card information and wants to subscribe?

I know I'm out as I wrote earlier, playing Rift and LOTRO instead, which are both free and fairly interesting MMOs, but I'm curious if they retain any kind of decent subscriber base.

I haven't, but mainly because I'm going to be busy playing other games.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:09 PM »

wait, bot's tanking?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »

oh, and just because..

CHOCOBO!!!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »

tales of Chocobo continue (part <insert number here> of a whole bunch)

hey, CHOCOBO!!!!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 30, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 02:34:26 PM

Weird.  I've heard about people who would log into a dungeon, set their toon to auto-follow someone, then simply go AFK.  Sounds like that's probably what happened.

I would let that toon die repeatedly icon_twisted

Because I can,
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:52 PM »

I believe world transfers are now possible. I have also heard they are planning on releasing new content in November (the 14th is what I heard).

I think I am going to renew.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 02, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »

Quote from: Videmon on October 02, 2013, 06:25:52 PM

I believe world transfers are now possible. I have also heard they are planning on releasing new content in November (the 14th is what I heard).

I think I am going to renew.

click on the link for details
FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 45m
#FFXIV Producer/Director Yoshida shares info on the upcoming World Transfer Service which will be free for 5 days: http://sqex.to/Ihe

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 02, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »

I believe world transfers are now possible.

cool.  if any of my other friends start playing on another server I'd rather just transfer over than having to do Ifrit again biggrin

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 03, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 02, 2013, 07:17:34 PM

I believe world transfers are now possible.

cool.  if any of my other friends start playing on another server I'd rather just transfer over than having to do Ifrit again biggrin

Just went through the Ifrit battle the other day and it wasn't too bad. It took our PUG 4 tries to get it. You can kick off two limit breaks during that fight which helped. The first one doing a fair amount of damage to Ifrit to speed things along and the second one a heal which was kicked off near the end where he's doing damage to everyone.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »

Only took me once with a PUG to down Ifrit.  Had a really good tank, honestly

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 03, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »

it wasn't the boss fight itself, it was all the freakin' back and forth quests to get to it.

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 04, 2013, 03:22:16 AM »

Oh yeah. I'm still going back and forth between the group I'm working with now and Waking Sands. That's a pain and at 200 gil a pop to travel using the airship ugh.

The other thing that is an annoying time waster is all the annoying confirmation pop-ups. Any time you select something you also have to click OK in a pop-up box. Need to get rid of that.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 04, 2013, 06:58:17 AM »

Soulchilde, you now have the ability to purchase and set FC bonuses. Been a bit busy lately and keep forgetting to do it when I do have an opportunity to log in. You can purchase the bonuses from the GC guys in New Gridania with GC funds.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 04, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

Did I mention how much I despise forced group dungeons?  I'm stuck on another one at level 34 (Brayflox Longstop) and simply haven't had a solid 60-90 minute block of time I could carve out and devote to it.  Since there are no other quests at my level, I'm basically stuck until I can find some dedicated gaming time.  I'd so much rather just be able to advance the story myself.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 05, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »

Finally got through the Brayflox dungeon last night.  Had a really good PUG and actually had quite a bit of fun.  They were very patient with my lack of tanking skills screwing up the boss and leading to two party wipes (you have to move him around to specific places in the room, and I goofed).  It's a long dungeon though.  You get 90 minutes to finish, and we took out the boss with literally under a minute left.  Whew.  I even got a couple unique items that I could use (helm and boots), which is a first in the dozen or so dungeons that I've run.   thumbsup

Now it's back to my regularly scheduled PvE.  Nice to actually have a few quests to work through again.  smile

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 08, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »

Sounds like you and I are near the same level.  I beat Brayflox this weekend on my first attempt, but only because I am some an awesome healer. slywink

Now I just unlocked Titan.  I actually like the dungeons, so it doesn't bother me too much.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 08, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »

Titan isn't terribly difficult.  Only took about 10 minutes...I'd recommend checking out an FAQ or YouTube it before you jump in though.

It only took me 80'ish hours, but I finally figured out how to turn off the gorram Chocobo theme everytime I summoned my mount.   thumbsup

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 08, 2013, 09:11:31 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 08, 2013, 08:10:10 PM

It only took me 80'ish hours, but I finally figured out how to turn off the gorram Chocobo theme everytime I summoned my mount.   thumbsup

I love that theme!  That being said, I started using my unicorn mount and now the vet reward flying demon thingy, so I haven't heard it in a while.  Still, when I was riding around on my chocobo, I kept wondering how people would ever get tired of that awesome music.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 08, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 08, 2013, 09:11:31 PM

I love that theme! 

I do too, but it gets a little tiresome the 500th time you hear it.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 09, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »

Unlocked Dragoon last night...  still having fun with this, but I'm uncertain if I want to subscribe

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 29, 2013, 06:17:43 AM »

Decided earlier this week to jump back into FF XIV for a bit before my 90-day subscription expired.  Fired it up and the launcher screen was just black.  No login boxes, no graphics, just a black square.  Tried a few more times, same thing.  Checked online, and it suggested a few fixes all having to do with adjusting Internet Explorer settings (the launcher is apparently just a wrapper and is using IE to run things).  Tried all those fixes with no luck.  Got on a chat with Squeenix and they ran me through the same battery of fixes with no results.  We tried turning off virus scanners, running program as admin, all sorts of stuff.  Their last suggestion was to completely uninstall the program, run a registry cleaner to remove any old entries, and reinstall again.  That didn't work.  Got back on another chat, and the only "recommended fix" from their tech was to format my hard drive, install Windows from scratch, then re-install the game and see if it works.   retard

Well, FF XIV was fun while it lasted...bummed I won't be able to keep playing.

MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »

maybe I won't buy it...

I was considering it, but now I am really not sure.

PSN: MythicalMino
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 23, 2014, 08:22:49 PM »

Have to say I'm really enjoying this game. It's rare I'll keep playing an MMO once I reach the level cap but this one I keep going. Getting the first tier of L50 gear is easily doable. You still go to dungeons quite a bit but the T1 gear doesn't drop from the dungeons. You basically play the dungeons so you can get T1 "coin" reward at the end of it. You then just spend that coin at the T1 Gear vendor. So its not like you're replaying dungeons over and over just hoping gear for your class drops, and that someone else doesn't get it. It makes playing the dungeons rather fun as you know what you already know you're getting something useful at the end of it.

And its not difficult to get the T1 "coin". If you choose to do random dungeons you get bonus coins when you complete them. So just completing a random main scenario dungeon and a random low level dungeon will get you enough coin to get one piece of armor. So you can see progression there almost immediately.

Getting your first tier L50 weapon is a major challenge though. It's a long quest where you have to fight a bunch of bosses and those boss fights can be difficult - but very rewarding when you finally take them down.

Along with that they've been releasing some nice little content updates such as quests where you can gain reputation with these two "beast" tribes (which nets the T1 coin too). The ultimate rewards being new mounts. Then they have a bunch of seasonal quests they throw in, which are fun little throw away time sinks with some minor rewards, but still fun. And as silly as it sounds they keep adding new weather effects to the game which are actually pretty damn awesome.

So for me this is the best MMO I've played in quite awhile.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 23, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

My new PC is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  One of the first I plan on doing is getting FF XIV installed and jumping back in.  I got to lvl 40 before running into my launcher issues, and have itching to get back into it.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 25, 2014, 06:13:31 AM »

Logged back on for the first time in 2 months tonight.  Was planning on just seeing how it looked on the new rig, then moving on to other games.  Ended up spending nearly 4 hours playing.  Took me a while to remember what I was doing, but once it came back, I had a blast.  FF XIV might just be my favorite MMO.

I'm hoping to progress through the main story at least...we'll see how much patience I have for the forced group dungeons that I know are coming.  smile

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 25, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »

Yeah, the story bosses are a bit rough. You can probably do all with PUGs but expect a lot of wipes and frustration. Better to get in a guild if not in one. You really need to learn the battles before you join too. I'd recommend MTQcapture's You Tube videos for the boss battles. They are straight and to the point, explained clearly on what to do, and they give decent views of the battles on what to do: http://www.youtube.com/user/MTQcapture
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: January 25, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on January 25, 2014, 08:46:40 PM

Yeah, the story bosses are a bit rough. You can probably do all with PUGs but expect a lot of wipes and frustration. Better to get in a guild if not in one. You really need to learn the battles before you join too. I'd recommend MTQcapture's You Tube videos for the boss battles. They are straight and to the point, explained clearly on what to do, and they give decent views of the battles on what to do: http://www.youtube.com/user/MTQcapture

Thanks for that link, it'll be helpful. 

The dungeons are particularly tricky, because I've got the triple whammy.  A) I play 99.9% solo PvE so I don't have much practice with groups. B) I'm playing a Warrior class and am expected to know how to tank, and C) I don't have much MMO experience in general and this is my first time trying a tank.  Needless to say, most of the PUG's I join end up with lots of curses being thrown my way.  frown  I'm coming up on one shortly and am dreading it.

I should probably just accept the next random guild invite that comes my way.  Us uber-casual and anti-social types don't tend to get invited to many.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 26, 2014, 04:53:31 AM »

Oh yeah. As a tank you gotta know the class a bit and each battle going in. If you've been skipping the dungeons I would start doing them as the boss battles there prepare you for the ones later - you can do the low level dungeons and your level range will adjust appropriately. Once you know the mechanics of each boss battle the tank pretty much has it easy. Mechanics are basically: Maintain agro and stay out of the red/white/black/whatever. Later you add interrupts and correct placement to the mix. And then finally learn the various boss patterns, which everyone has to learn regardless.

The MTQcapture videos will be perfect for learning as the player is a tank so they show it from that class perspective.

The second class I'm working up is a marauder and I have to say some of those boss battles are so boring as the tank doesn't do much of anything but have to maintain agro and sometimes move out of the way.

As far as guilds go you can always leave them if you find its not a good fit. My wife does the guild picking so thankfully I don't have to do anything there. Usually she chooses pretty good and we're in a decent one now. Hardly interact with anyone. They're mainly a younger crew but they're super helpful and without them I would not have finished the main L50 weapon quest as quickly as I did without their help.
MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 27, 2014, 03:53:25 AM »

Gratch...what server are you on? I am in a decent guild...they are willing to help me out just about whenever I need it...they ran through one of the dungeons with me...

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 27, 2014, 05:05:37 AM »

Coeurl.

I joined a random guild last night (some dude was spamming invites), but I've got no attachment to them.

MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 27, 2014, 07:47:36 AM »

ah...too bad...I am on Diabolos.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 20, 2014, 07:57:07 PM »

I'm LTTP on this one.  I started playing last weekend on the PS4.  There are a lot of things I like about the experience.  It actually feels like a FF game, in a good way.  I like the combat and class system.  The game has charm, and some goofiness, but it's pretty good.  While I'm not a fan of forced grouping to move story quests forward, it did succeed in getting me to group and enjoy the dungeon experience.

I joined a grand company last night (Twin Adders), and have been leveling up my lancer.  I really haven't had to wait too long for Duty Finder to match me up with a group for the mandatory fights/dungeons, maybe 15 minutes at most.  I've had some dud groups due to unreliable players bailing at the first sign of frustration (which is why I'd rather have the option to lone wolf if I need to), but overall the grouping experience has been postive through level 25. 

I picked up a cheap, wireless logitech keyboard that works well with my ps4, so I can finally type in chat.  I think it's cool that I can go upstairs and play on my pc using the same login and play the same characters (I bought the pc version).  So I'm able to play on my big screen downstairs from the couch, or play on my pc upstairs picking up right where I left off.  I wish more mmo games had that kind of seamless cross play.     
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 20, 2014, 08:12:35 PM »

Getting in those groups that break up after a few wipes does suck. Particularly if you had to wait a long time for the group. But I found its a good thing as if you're paired with a bad group its just going to be a struggle to get through the entire dungeon. Its almost better to start over than spend forty minutes trying to make it through the dungeon only to run out of time or just be unable to get past a boss.

I've been away from the game for a few months now but its still one of my favorite MMOs I've played of late.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 20, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »

I've jumped back into FF XIV over the last month as well.  Decided I simply sucked as a tank, so I re-rolled a new character and started from scratch.  Had a major paradigm shift when I moved from tank to DPS.  Where I used to dread dungeons, I find them to be an absolute blast when I don't have the pressure of tanking.  It's given me better gear and I'm leveling about 40% faster through dungeons than I did during the story.  The extra XP from roulettes helps, and I've been running one every day.  I've had a few bad experiences, but PUG's have mostly been very good and helpful.  I probably average around 15-20 minutes to find a group through the Duty Finder, so it's not too painful.  My current character is a 46 Bard/15 Pugilist/16 Lancer, and I'm hitting the last quarter of the main story quest.

I really liked FF XIV when playing as a tank...I love it as a DPS.  It's been a completely different experience with this new class, and I say with confidence that this is now my all-time favorite MMO.  I was just going to sub for 30 days and see what's new, but I re-upped for 90 days yesterday.  This is the first time I've ever looked forward to trying out end-game content on an MMO...they typically don't keep me interested that long.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 21, 2014, 03:53:08 AM »

Yeah that bard is a lot of fun to play since its pretty easy and your role is defined. Basically can just have fun. Where as the tank you have to lead, make sure you hold agro, and know the boss patterns. It can get intense. Although it is quite nice that those 15-20 minute waits for a dungeon go down to about 5 minutes at the most.

This was the only MMO where I stuck around for quite some time after hitting the max level since there was so much to do. I was actually all prepped in gear for the 8 and 24-man dungeons but the people I were playing with lost interest so never got around to doing them. Kinda sucks but I still felt I got the most out of the game by then.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 21, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 20, 2014, 09:58:22 PM

I really liked FF XIV when playing as a tank...I love it as a DPS.  It's been a completely different experience with this new class, and I say with confidence that this is now my all-time favorite MMO.  I was just going to sub for 30 days and see what's new, but I re-upped for 90 days yesterday.  This is the first time I've ever looked forward to trying out end-game content on an MMO...they typically don't keep me interested that long.
I agree.  I've been enjoying playing a lancer.  It's unfortunate that so many mmo's rely on the group role trinity, and then make the tank role so stressful.  In FF14 there's no hiding the potential negative side of playing a tank since you have to do group content starting at level 15.  On a positive note, it seems like a lot of players recognize this and at least try to give the tank player commendations.  What's so interesting (to me) about this game is that you may be grouping with players that are doing a level 20 dungeon with you, but those players are already level 30+ in other classes...on the same character.   

I got my chocobo last night.  I felt like I earned it after 3 group dungeons, 1 group primal fight, and 2000 company seals.  It's pretty cool how the chocobos have your grand company logo on their barding.     
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: