http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 01:51:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 41817 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 17, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »

FWIW, I've had pretty good luck with PUGs, maybe just lucky.  The first couple were almost like robots, barely said a word and just ran through the dungeons in a matter of fact way.  The latter ones (Ifrit and Haukke), we had at least two (including me) who weren't experienced with the dungeon.  Ifrit we wiped 3 times before completing, but there was never any contention or people wanting to quit.  Similar Haukke we wiped a couple of times, but everyone was really good about it.  We had a short discussion, people made adjustments, and we just went at it.  It's actually part of the fun in this game; there's just enough challenge (in the solo content as well) where you can fail a couple of times, learn from your mistakes (or make adjustments), and then succeed afterwards.  They seem to have done a really good job of striking a good balance of difficulty in the content.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 17, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on September 17, 2013, 06:09:23 PM

FWIW, I've had pretty good luck with PUGs, maybe just lucky.

unibrow
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 17, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »

I only had one bad PUG. I triggered the boss fight and one guy kept yelling at me because he had not finished with the cut scene yet. I'm like sorry dude and he keeps bitching and bitching. I finally told him that in FFXIV if you miss one cut scene you can rest assured there are 50,000 more to choose from, so STFU. That got a laugh from the others in the party. We wound up beating the boss pretty handily when he finally put his big boy pants on and stopped crying.

For what it's worth, I have ZERO tolerance for assholes in games telling me how to play. Number one, I'm probably much older than they are. Two, I've probably played way more MMOs than they have. Three, I actually have a fucking life and don't devote all my time to learning every nuance of every game I play. So they can suck my big fat Marauder's.....ax handle. As soon as someone starts in on me I unleash the fires of hell on them.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 19, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 17, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

I only had one bad PUG. I triggered the boss fight and one guy kept yelling at me because he had not finished with the cut scene yet.

If you look at the party window you can actually see who is still in a cutscene.  It puts a little film icon and says they're in a cutscene.  Probably best to just wait until everyone is out of there before starting.

As for PUGs, I've done dungeons through Haukke and haven't been in a bad group yet, though I did have one where the tank was fairly weak at keeping aggro and since I'm a healer, they were coming for me.  That was before I had Sleep, though.  Now that I have Sleep, I'm not as worried.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 19, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

I just started playing this a few days ago. Are all servers pretty laggy or should I be shopping around finding servers with better pings?

The game shows my connection as "excellent" but the latency meter in the game is showing anywhere from 1400-2000. While I can certainly play that way it is annoying to see people jump around a lot.

So before I get too entrenched in the current server should I be looking at others or do they all have the same issue due to the over population?
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 19, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on September 19, 2013, 07:19:31 PM

I just started playing this a few days ago. Are all servers pretty laggy or should I be shopping around finding servers with better pings?

The game shows my connection as "excellent" but the latency meter in the game is showing anywhere from 1400-2000. While I can certainly play that way it is annoying to see people jump around a lot.

So before I get too entrenched in the current server should I be looking at others or do they all have the same issue due to the over population?

All of the NA servers are in Canana...I believe Montreal.  So if you're on a NA server I don't see the ping being any better by switching servers.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:59 PM »

Quote from: ericb on September 19, 2013, 08:51:59 PM

All of the NA servers are in Canana...I believe Montreal.  So if you're on a NA server I don't see the ping being any better by switching servers.

Yup,and the EU servers are there as well Tongue

that really sounds a lot 1400-2000

as i am on PS3,i can not see my latency
this site http://arrstatus.com/ just has around 80-140 ping for me next to each server,but not sure if that would be the same

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »

never noticed much lag, but haven't logged on for a few days so things may have changed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2013, 10:06:11 PM

never noticed much lag, but haven't logged on for a few days so things may have changed.

ditto Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 19, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »

yep.

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

I shouldn't have any problems connecting to any Canadian server. A ping to the servers comes back at 54ms so that's fine. Maybe its the ISP. I seem to recall having this issue several years ago on another MMO where Comcast was doing something funky to cause an issue on that game. It ended up getting resolved after a few weeks so maybe the same thing here.

I did try another server for the heck of it and had the same issue. Guess I'll live with it for now.
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 20, 2013, 04:26:35 AM »

I'm back in but had to change my name (long story)  I'm Fayde Rowan now.  Pugilist.  I'll start adding you all to my friends list smile

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 20, 2013, 05:46:24 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 19, 2013, 10:05:59 PM

Quote from: ericb on September 19, 2013, 08:51:59 PM

Yup,and the EU servers are there as well Tongue

that really sounds a lot 1400-2000

as i am on PS3,i can not see my latency
this site http://arrstatus.com/ just has around 80-140 ping for me next to each server,but not sure if that would be the same

I don't think that site shows your ping. I think it just shows the website to the game server pings. So I think everyone has the 80-140 when looking at that site.

As for lag, I've noticed I do lag quite a bit now compared to when the servers were restricted. I don't have the greatest internet at the moment though, I'm looking at an upgrade. Gonna see if that does anything for me.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 20, 2013, 12:34:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2013, 10:06:11 PM

Same here.  Been at a conference all week...I'm having Eorzea withdrawls.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 20, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »

Haven't noticed any lag, but the shine is wearing off just a bit. Grinding my Gladiator to 15 doing Levequests was BRUTAL, and that's not a lot of levels to grind. I can't imagine trying to do that with all the other classes.

At any rate, I made Warrior last night, and plan on doing the Level 30 dungeon tonight to see if that gets me out of my doldrums.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 22, 2013, 01:35:42 AM »

Did not see anything posted but it appears Videmon has abdicated as leader of the Couerl guild. I am assuming he left for a bigger more active guild which is understandable. Yellowking is the defacto guild leader now. If you can pop in when you have some time YK and set the guild Activities for the boosts/bonuses.
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 22, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 20, 2013, 07:31:53 PM

Haven't noticed any lag, but the shine is wearing off just a bit. Grinding my Gladiator to 15 doing Levequests was BRUTAL, and that's not a lot of levels to grind. I can't imagine trying to do that with all the other classes.

At any rate, I made Warrior last night, and plan on doing the Level 30 dungeon tonight to see if that gets me out of my doldrums.

I managed to level all my classes to 15, I found the fastest way was to sprinkle some leves in with fates while finishing all your hunting logs.
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 22, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »

Quote from: Abaddon on September 22, 2013, 01:35:42 AM

Did not see anything posted but it appears Videmon has abdicated as leader of the Couerl guild. I am assuming he left for a bigger more active guild which is understandable. Yellowking is the defacto guild leader now. If you can pop in when you have some time YK and set the guild Activities for the boosts/bonuses.

Yea I jumped ship to try out some endgame stuff. I just passed on leadership to the person who was on last seeing as most people went MIA when GTA came out.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 23, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to get on in a couple of days. I'll try to log in tonight and get those bonuses set back up.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »

Lightning from FF13 parts 1-3 is coming to FF14 in the form of a FATE

Not content with three Final Fantasy games of her own, Lightning is set to invade another game in Square Enix's series.

The Final Fantasy 13, 13-2 and Lightning Returns star will pop along to say hi to the residents of massively multiplayer online game Final Fantasy 14 in a Full Active Time Event.

What this means is players will get the chance to fight alongside Lightning. Complete the event and you'll get armour and weapons modeled after Lightning Returns. Siliconera notes female characters get a Lightning costume, and male characters get a Snow costume

video in the link
Eurogamer

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 26, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »

interesting.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 26, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »

I can't figure out Squeenix's obsession with Lightning.  She's just not that interesting of a character.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 26, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »

Does this game comes with 30 days free type offer?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:31 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 26, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

Does this game comes with 30 days free type offer?

yep, free 30 days.  not sure if they changed it but I didn't even have to enter my payment info.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:20:21 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 26, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »

They haven't hung it yet.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 26, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 26, 2013, 05:19:21 PM

They haven't hung it yet.

damn.

lynch it

does that put it over? slywink

Because I can,
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 27, 2013, 12:39:38 AM »

Which server is everyone on? NA? 

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:18 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 27, 2013, 12:39:38 AM

Which server is everyone on? NA? 

Coeurl was the one most people went to.  there's a character/server list in the first post if that helps.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 27, 2013, 02:04:05 AM »

Forge Odinson on Coeurl

NiM$
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 28, 2013, 05:04:24 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 27, 2013, 02:04:05 AM

Forge Odinson on Coeurl
Sent you a tell and a guild invite earlier today, If you change your mind just drop me a note in game (Tao Xia) or leave a post here.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 28, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »

Quote from: Abaddon on September 28, 2013, 05:04:24 AM

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 27, 2013, 02:04:05 AM

Forge Odinson on Coeurl
Sent you a tell and a guild invite earlier today, If you change your mind just drop me a note in game (Tao Xia) or leave a post here.

send that again smile  I thought it was a random and I am getting tell spam and I haven't figured out how to put people on ignore.  The simple right click on name doesn't give the option to ignore

NiM$
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 29, 2013, 12:19:29 AM »

You have to Black List them. Not sure of the name of button on the bottom..The "social" one I believe.
Anyway, hit Black List, and then add.
Some of the things we take for granted in other MMO's, are bit convoluted in FFX1V.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2013, 12:22:09 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 29, 2013, 12:19:29 AM

You have to Black List them. Not sure of the name of button on the bottom..The "social" one I believe.
Some of the things we take for granted in other MMO's, are bit convoluted in FFX1V.

yeah, hit O to go to social and there should be an option.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 29, 2013, 12:22:09 AM

Quote from: Arclight on September 29, 2013, 12:19:29 AM

yeah, hit O to go to social and there should be an option.
Yeah, that's it

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 30, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »

So, I got the mail that the "Free trial" is almost up (10/05 since you insist of listing dates backwards!). I am curious how many here have applied credit card information and wants to subscribe?

I know I'm out as I wrote earlier, playing Rift and LOTRO instead, which are both free and fairly interesting MMOs, but I'm curious if they retain any kind of decent subscriber base.

A new one
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 30, 2013, 09:52:36 AM »

Undecided at the moment.   I like the setting and the game play (didn't think using a controller would work buy it does), but I don't think it has longevity

Also, ran a dungeon yesterday with a Bot tanking... was not fun.  We cleared it with the Archer kiting for his dear lifer

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 30, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 30, 2013, 09:26:36 AM

So, I got the mail that the "Free trial" is almost up (10/05 since you insist of listing dates backwards!). I am curious how many here have applied credit card information and wants to subscribe?

I did.  Subscribed for 90 days.  Still really enjoying it, although I'm not thrilled about yet another forced group dungeon at level 34. 

Also, ran a dungeon yesterday with a Bot tanking... was not fun.

A "bot" tanking?  Pretty sure there's no bots in FF XIV.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 30, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 30, 2013, 09:26:36 AM

I know I'm out as I wrote earlier, playing Rift and LOTRO instead, which are both free and fairly interesting MMOs, but I'm curious if they retain any kind of decent subscriber base.

I got the email as well,i put in my CC details,but turned off automatic renewal,undecided whether i will go back to it at the moment,maybe later on,but right now i have too much to play to pay for something that i am not playing at the moment

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 30, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 11:54:44 AM

yeah there are a lot of Bots

i took a picture of a lot of dead bots in this thread somewhere,and then they upgraded

what they do now,is group up,and spawn on an enemy and destroy it,if one of them dies they spawn away and immediately spawn back with the group

when another enemy appears in the area,they immediately SPAWN..not move to it,but spawn on that enemy

They all stay in the area grouped up,it was Highbridge area in East Thanalan where they were on our server

EDIT: Okay it wasn't a picture of dead bots,but these are Cactuars bots
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/massive-multiplayer-madness/final-fantasy-xiv-online/msg930562/#msg930562
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:18:07 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 30, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 30, 2013, 12:15:55 PM

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 11:54:44 AM

yeah there are a lot of Bots

i took a picture of a lot of dead bots in this thread somewhere,and then they upgraded

what they do now,is group up,and spawn on an enemy and destroy it,if one of them dies they spawn away and immediately spawn back with the group

when another enemy appears in the area,they immediately SPAWN..not move to it,but spawn on that enemy

They all stay in the area grouped up,it was Highbridge area in East Thanalan where they were on our server

EDIT: Okay it wasn't a picture of dead bots,but these are Cactuars bots
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/massive-multiplayer-madness/final-fantasy-xiv-online/msg930562/#msg930562

OK, but how would a single bot run a 4-man dungeon?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: