http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 06:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 39113 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2013, 05:12:52 AM »

I started a Gaming Trend Linkshell in case we need to communicate.  It's free!

Anyway, what the heck does it take to get a mount lol?  I'm trying to go through the main storyline quests almost exclusively, but haven't seen indication of the mount.  I'm around lv 22 now in my main class fwiw.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I just chose 1 of the 3 orders, is this still on track for the mount or did I miss something?  And is it me or is it weird to have the leader of the Scions be Britney Spears?

Also I unlocked retainers a while ago, what is that and where do I go for it?

Hope I can login this weekend.  I was so paranoid after taking so many times to login this morning that I never logged out.  It seems like there's a really long afk time allowed, probably one of their main issues.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2013, 06:27:35 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 30, 2013, 08:05:03 PM

Quote from: skystride on August 30, 2013, 07:04:04 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on August 30, 2013, 06:22:31 PM

I've only reached Level 16, but it's readily apparent to me that this is a game that is probably more fun for higher level characters than it is for low level characters. Compared to a lot of other MMOs in which I didn't mind rolling alts, this one is a slog early on. I do find myself enjoying the game and the world more and more the farther I am away from the major cities.

Only problem with that is they want you to go back to lowbie content over and over.  Unless you are pretty happy gimping yourself to play one class only, I think you are forced to go back to get all those cross-class skills and the special jobs.

Well unless you are a hardcore completionist all you really need is two classes and your main job. Theoretically you can do your second class low level in another starting area which means you don't necessarily need to repeat any low level content.  Not to mention you can do levequsts or hunting log or whatever as well.  My first class it seemed to take quite a long time just getting to 10 but the second class I did 1-12 in a few hours - of course I did have the special Mog cap though.  Also I had done some of the stuff on another server so I kind of knew where to go. But really the hunting log is a huge help.  

What you are talking about is jobs.  From what I've read, jobs are for group play and not really meant for solo.  I don't think it's too big a deal to level up 2 classes to unlock a job.

However, by level 50 you can slot 10 cross class skills in a regular class (not job).  I could easily see it becoming necessary to level up multiple classes so you can fill up your cross class skill slots with important skills from other classes.  I think someone mentioned that jobs don't have cross class skills (part of the reason they are not great solo).  So if you only play in groups using a job, you technically only have to level 2 classes.  But if you want to solo or play non-job classes, you could potentially need many classes.  I don't know how important the cross class skills are but it sure seems there will be a lot of synergy and getting a few will become necessary.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:29:50 AM by skystride » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2013, 06:33:58 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 31, 2013, 05:12:52 AM

Anyway, what the heck does it take to get a mount lol?  I'm trying to go through the main storyline quests almost exclusively, but haven't seen indication of the mount.  I'm around lv 22 now in my main class fwiw.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I just chose 1 of the 3 orders, is this still on track for the mount or did I miss something?  And is it me or is it weird to have the leader of the Scions be Britney Spears?

Hope I can login this weekend.  I was so paranoid after taking so many times to login this morning that I never logged out.  It seems like there's a really long afk time allowed, probably one of their main issues.

See MO's post here, it gives the mount specifics.

How does one go about joining a Linkshell?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2013, 06:40:29 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 31, 2013, 06:33:58 AM

How does one go about joining a Linkshell?

I'm not sure I want to join Links Hell; it's nothing but Navi going hey, listen! over and over for the rest of eternity.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »

Really long as in forever, eternally, in perpetuum. This is one of the big issues with login problems. There is no timeout.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 31, 2013, 06:33:58 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

See MO's post here, it gives the mount specifics.

That link doesn't work for me(just wanted to know which post it was,as i couldn't remember),i think this was the info
you unlock your mount after..
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ifrit dungeon,which is after...er the other two dungeons

you join a grand company,and then have to earn 1000 seals to purchase Chocobo Insurance,i am guessing the new mount is included in that as well
http://accomp.me/ffxiv/ffxiv-arr-grand-companies/

that was the very last thing i did(and could do actually)in Phase 3 beta

However someone has since told me its 2000 seals..so just incase be prepared to need 2000(when i did it in Phase 3,i thought it was 1000,either i was wrong(probably)or they changed it since then(probably not)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

anyway,i tried going to the Housing estate again yesterday(behind Red Rooster Farm or whatever its called),but the zone is now locked off

It was accessible in Phase 4

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »

Quote from: Abaddon on August 31, 2013, 07:30:27 AM

Really long as in forever, eternally, in perpetuum. This is one of the big issues with login problems. There is no timeout.

this needs to be fixed, hopefully soon.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:24 AM »

got 2 BSOD's tonight while playing, not sure what is up all of a sudden.  anyone else on the PC see any?

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 31, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 31, 2013, 09:16:24 AM

got 2 BSOD's tonight while playing, not sure what is up all of a sudden.  anyone else on the PC see any?

Nope.  Played for 3 hours last night without a hitch.

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 31, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yea they were 1000 in beta, upped to 2000 for this. Not too hard to get.

Your retainers (you can have 2) can be found inside the markets. Head to the place where the bell is and you will see someone behind a counter. They will help you set up your retainer. They are pretty useful. They let you sell stuff on the market boards as well as store your gil and items.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »

Why would you want anyone to hold your gils ?

A new one
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »

So after much trial and tribulation I was able to secure a spot on the Coeurl server. Salus Addo (Conj) and Tao Xia (Pug) at the moment.
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 31, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 31, 2013, 11:47:57 AM

Why would you want anyone to hold your gils ?

I'm not sure why they do that. Maybe so you can save some money instead of having it on you all the time tempting you to spend it?
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: August 31, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »

I have a level 11 archer on moogle(EU) it was the only non-JP server I could create on. Early on its very much a bog standard mmo, but its s decent world when I can get logged on.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 31, 2013, 07:26:03 PM »

I've been looking for any of you guys today and last night, without any luck.

Are you guys sure you are on Couerl Server? Or are your playing times just so far apart that I'm not seeing you?

A new one
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 01, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »

Some of the questions I've seen  (and answers) :

1.  The mount is 2000, the next rank in your grand company is also 2000.  Armor at the low 20s level starts around 1100 each.  All in seals.
2.  The retainer is how you sell items in the auction house and it's also your bank (extra seven tabs not counting what you have listed in the AH).  You can have two, they're free and can sell in different cities (taxes and fees can be different).  There are summoning bells in each marketplace and inn rooms.
3.  Linkshells are just chat groups (think you can belong to 7 or 9 total), free companies are guilds.
4.  Jobs get half the cross skills a class does so a level 50 job should have 5 skills available vs 10.  They are more group oriented.
5.  Do you story quest asap until 20ish when you've been through the 4 beginner instances and joined the grand company.  After you get your mount since you can use it at any level for any class.
6.  You have to be friends (and have them accept your invitation) before you can send them mail.
7.  Your leve's increment up every day at a rate of 3 (or 4?).
8.  Many cross class skills sound great but suck in reality.  One example was an archer leveling conjurer so they could get a heal spell.  Great except your MND stats suck as an archer and that heal spell that heals for 100 on your conjurer now heals for 20 on your archer.  You can cross class certain harvesting skills on your main class so you can watch for harvesting nodes.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 01, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »

Today has been the first time since launch that I've really had any trouble getting in.  Got the "World full, please try later" message for about 20 minutes straight before I just gave up.  Frustrating when you only have a couple hours a week to play.   icon_evil

I'm still baffled as to why they can't just put people in a queue.  Even lining up in a 45 minute queue is better than having to repeatedly spam the login and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:33:50 PM by Gratch » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »

The servers unfortunately constantly blow up. I regularely can't see either NA/EU or JP worlds these days. I get booted almost everytime I try out an instance, and last time I could not log in for 5 hours.

Considering this is the reboot of the fantastically poor game from what, 2 years ago, its not a very good sign. I actually like the game itself a lot even though there is a TON of places it could be improved, mostly in UI areas which is as obtuse as anything I've ever seen. What is a Scholar? Is there any stats I have to pay attetion to? What type of armor does a Marauder wear? What does the weavers guild do? What does the Botanist guild do? No-one knows, and I can't see it anywhere, and have to spend time trying out pretty much everything before I understand it. Mostly, I don't mind exploring things, but most of the time its just because the game is really obtuse and is hiding everything, even though there is no reason for it.
Its also constantly like I'm moving through water, with both how my character reacts, and also how some buttons respond. Since the EU and NA servers are the same place physically, I can't even change back to EU to get rid of that.

That said, the armors are fantastic, as are some of the locations. I am really digging exploring the world, and I just wish they had taken the time to fix the game

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 01, 2013, 06:43:01 PM »

I just got booted when trying to zone

tried logging back on and i get the message
"The World is Currently Full,please wait until an opening is available and try again"

I had an opening!!

also getting gilfarmers sending me tells now..i try and blacklist him and it says can not find ...do a player search and he is there at Ul'Dah....but the blacklist still says can not find him,meanwhile he keeps sending me tells icon_mad

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 01, 2013, 06:47:02 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 01, 2013, 06:27:22 PM

The servers unfortunately constantly blow up. I regularely can't see either NA/EU or JP worlds these days. I get booted almost everytime I try out an instance, and last time I could not log in for 5 hours.

Considering this is the reboot of the fantastically poor game from what, 2 years ago, its not a very good sign. I actually like the game itself a lot even though there is a TON of places it could be improved, mostly in UI areas which is as obtuse as anything I've ever seen. What is a Scholar? Is there any stats I have to pay attetion to? What type of armor does a Marauder wear? What does the weavers guild do? What does the Botanist guild do? No-one knows, and I can't see it anywhere, and have to spend time trying out pretty much everything before I understand it. Mostly, I don't mind exploring things, but most of the time its just because the game is really obtuse and is hiding everything, even though there is no reason for it.
Its also constantly like I'm moving through water, with both how my character reacts, and also how some buttons respond. Since the EU and NA servers are the same place physically, I can't even change back to EU to get rid of that.

That said, the armors are fantastic, as are some of the locations. I am really digging exploring the world, and I just wish they had taken the time to fix the game

agreed.  the UI needs some work.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 01, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »

Yeah, they're a complete clusterfuck today.  Going on two hours now and still haven't been able to get in.  Combination of error 1017 (World is full, try again later), error 10102 (disconnected from server), and the launcher not being able to update the NA/EU world list.  

I'm fairly understanding of launch issues, but this is getting a little silly.  They've basically admitted they know what the problems are, but we're going on a week now and they have yet to do anything about it.  If I didn't know from beta that I really liked the game, there's no way I would have put up with this nonsense to try and play it.  Makes me wonder how many new players they're losing as a result.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:49:14 PM by Gratch » Logged

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 01, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 01, 2013, 06:47:24 PM

Yeah, they're a complete clusterfuck today.  Going on two hours now and still haven't been able to get in.  Combination of error 1017 (World is full, try again later), error 10102 (disconnected from server), and the launcher not being able to update the NA/EU world list.  

I'm fairly understanding of launch issues, but this is getting a little silly.  They've basically admitted they know what the problems are, but we're going on a week now and they have yet to do anything about it.  If I didn't know from beta that I really liked the game, there's no way I would have put up with this nonsense to try and play it.  Makes me wonder how many new players they're losing as a result.

I love the game.  I want to play really bad.  The game has pretty much burned through all of the good will I'm willing to extend.  I've talked it up to my wife for months only to have almost every attempt fail for her logging in.  I can't get in during the mornings, late evening or weekends.  I know of people where I work already walking away from it.  I'm sick of his apology and sick of no lobby server, no NA/EU server lists and the 1012 error.  They knew back in Beta 4 this was going to happen.  They knew the first day of early release this was going to happen.  They had the pre-order numbers months in advance for at least the NA/EU markets (hey, we're not the JP and asia market so we don't really count though).  They continue to ignore such basic fundamentals like a fucking AFK kick...and are actively fighting with the community about why they don't need one.  Really?  I want this game to succeed but if the entire executive board for this game quit today and gave it to someone...anymore more qualified I'd throw a party on the off chance they might care enough to start fixing it and not posting on twitter about how sorry they are.

As it is I've yet to get on today at all starting at 9:30a EST.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'm still trying.

EDIT:  I tried off and on for 14 hours today to logon.  Not 14 straight but there were plenty of times where I spent 15+ minutes doing nothing but reading the web and hitting zero.  To be honest that's pretty much inexcusable for a MMO in 2013 especially with the absolute total lack of communication from SQEX today.  I guess all of their leadership was at PAX celebrating their "successful" launch and signing pictures.

I can not and will not recommend this game to anyone until the problems are fixed.  Anyone on the fence should wait.  I would strongly recommend that no one sets up subscriptions either until you can at least login in successfully on any given day to the server of your choice.  Maybe that will be this week (though it seems like NA/EU is getting the very short end of the stick with the upgrades) but I just don't believe they are capable of supporting this game at this level anymore.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:35:38 AM by ericb » Logged
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 01, 2013, 07:50:34 PM »

The wife and I played during beta and loved the game so much we immediately pre-ordered.  When we saw all the problems during the early access weekend we decided to cancel our pre-orders and just wait.  Reading the boards today makes me think we made the right call.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 01, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »

<sigh> been thinking about what to do with this game since I started getting the BSOD's Friday night and having to deal with the clusterfuck that is their tech support forum. The BSOD only happens with FF14, so somewhere somehow the client has to be doing something Windows 7 doesn't like.  the only problem is I cannot tell what may have changed.  I don't think there were any updates to FF14 on Friday, and I haven't updated anything on my PC in at least a week.

at this point I at least got my $20 worth out of the game with at least 20 hours of playtime over the past week, so walking away from it won't mean a loss in terms of cost versus time spent.  of course I could probably see most of the story in the remaining free time I have left, but that is only if I can actually get in to play.  Plus in 16 days GTA5 hits, and I'm thinking I won't even look at FF14 for awhile after that.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 01, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »

Was able to get on for about 45 minutes this afternoon, ran a couple Guildhests (man, those things give a lot of XP the first time through!) and the level 20 Maurader quest.  Had to jump off for about 30 minutes when Mrs. Gratch got home, and have not been able to get back in since (2 hours).  Constant "World is Full" messages.  Should have just stayed logged in, since apparently that's standard practice.  smile

I sort of get why they don't kick people when they're AFK.  Lots of the storyline quests require you to join a party through the Dutyfinder, which can take a really long time.  As a tank, it took me over an hour last time I tried to find a Copperbell group...can't imagine the wait for DPS.  So I think people just join up for dungeons through the dutyfinder and go do other stuff while it tries to find a group.  Since there's no chance of getting kicked, why wouldn't you just stay logged on?  For those of us with limited playtime, this forced grouping is absolutely the worst part of FF XIV and may ultimately be a dealbreaker.  Talked to a couple folks on Friday who said it took them over 90 minutes just to find a group for the Ifrit dungeon.  That's half my playtime for the week!  smile

EDIT:  And now it's back to not even being able to find the NA/EU servers.  I give up...   finger
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:48:45 PM by Gratch » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: September 01, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »

I sort of get why they don't kick people when they're AFK.  Lots of the storyline quests require you to join a party through the Dutyfinder, which can take a really long time.  As a tank, it took me over an hour last time I tried to find a Copperbell group...can't imagine the wait for DPS.  So I think people just join up for dungeons through the dutyfinder and go do other stuff while it tries to find a group.  Since there's no chance of getting kicked, why wouldn't you just stay logged on?

that's another thing they've failed on: forcing you to do grouped instances to continue the story in a game that is fairly solo friendly.  People who want to group will group, there is no need to force it on those who prefer solo play.  Hell, as far as I can tell none of the 2 grouped instances that I have played have anything to do with the story.

Because I can,
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 01, 2013, 11:30:22 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 31, 2013, 07:26:03 PM

Are you guys sure you are on Couerl Server? Or are your playing times just so far apart that I'm not seeing you?

I found a Razgon online but its not Razgon Aptaj like in the first page of this thread. Its a Razgon Aperius. If that's you let me know and I'll send you an invite.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 01, 2013, 11:34:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2013, 10:18:07 PM

I sort of get why they don't kick people when they're AFK.  Lots of the storyline quests require you to join a party through the Dutyfinder, which can take a really long time.  As a tank, it took me over an hour last time I tried to find a Copperbell group...can't imagine the wait for DPS.  So I think people just join up for dungeons through the dutyfinder and go do other stuff while it tries to find a group.  Since there's no chance of getting kicked, why wouldn't you just stay logged on?

that's another thing they've failed on: forcing you to do grouped instances to continue the story in a game that is fairly solo friendly.  People who want to group will group, there is no need to force it on those who prefer solo play.  Hell, as far as I can tell none of the 2 grouped instances that I have played have anything to do with the story.

Agree 100%.  I basically can't progress in this game unless I find a way to set aside a dedicated 2+ hours, maybe more if I can't find a group. That's not my idea of fun.

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 01, 2013, 11:35:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 01, 2013, 09:45:17 PM

Was able to get on for about 45 minutes this afternoon, ran a couple Guildhests (man, those things give a lot of XP the first time through!) and the level 20 Maurader quest.  Had to jump off for about 30 minutes when Mrs. Gratch got home, and have not been able to get back in since (2 hours).  Constant "World is Full" messages.  Should have just stayed logged in, since apparently that's standard practice.  smile

I sort of get why they don't kick people when they're AFK.  Lots of the storyline quests require you to join a party through the Dutyfinder, which can take a really long time.  As a tank, it took me over an hour last time I tried to find a Copperbell group...can't imagine the wait for DPS.  So I think people just join up for dungeons through the dutyfinder and go do other stuff while it tries to find a group.  Since there's no chance of getting kicked, why wouldn't you just stay logged on?  For those of us with limited playtime, this forced grouping is absolutely the worst part of FF XIV and may ultimately be a dealbreaker.  Talked to a couple folks on Friday who said it took them over 90 minutes just to find a group for the Ifrit dungeon.  That's half my playtime for the week!  smile

EDIT:  And now it's back to not even being able to find the NA/EU servers.  I give up...   finger

Took me about half hour to log in between world full and can't find servers. I just hit exit loaded my password again and it found the servers.

As for instances on a DPS I have had no problem really. I load the duty finder on the class I want to use and then I either switch classes and go gain exp or I got level a craft or something while I wait. When the duty finder hits, I just switch back to the class I loaded it on and viola in without standing around doing nothing.

Also we have a linkshell and a Free Company up and running so if people need help on instances hopefully a few people are online to give a hand. I'm still trying to find a few of you online to add.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 02, 2013, 03:38:56 AM »

I was also surprised you had to do certain group dungeons to advance the main storyline, I'm sure that's going to be a big turnoff to some.  Did they do that in FFXI too? 

Anyway, I suppose if Duty Finder was working efficiently and the wait time was slim, I wouldn't care.  I actually enjoy the group dungeons a lot, and without a lot of people I know playing, this is a nice way to get into groups without having to beg in multiple chat windows.  So far my average wait time has been like 30+ minutes, though, so that's kind of annoying.  For one of them I finally just got aggressive and started sending tells and harassing people to group up.

Hopefully we'll have a larger pool in the guild so you can get a dungeon together easier. 
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 02, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2013, 08:49:58 PM

<sigh> been thinking about what to do with this game since I started getting the BSOD's Friday night and having to deal with the clusterfuck that is their tech support forum. The BSOD only happens with FF14, so somewhere somehow the client has to be doing something Windows 7 doesn't like.  the only problem is I cannot tell what may have changed.  I don't think there were any updates to FF14 on Friday, and I haven't updated anything on my PC in at least a week.

at this point I at least got my $20 worth out of the game with at least 20 hours of playtime over the past week, so walking away from it won't mean a loss in terms of cost versus time spent.  of course I could probably see most of the story in the remaining free time I have left, but that is only if I can actually get in to play.  Plus in 16 days GTA5 hits, and I'm thinking I won't even look at FF14 for awhile after that.

I've gotten a few BSODs recently in game.  Happens randomly.  I'm playing on 5870M cards in Crossfire with the latest beta drivers (13.8 version) on Windows 7 64-bit.  Strangely, it seems to happen in areas of high population--maybe the game is trying to render something odd?  Turning off anti-aliasing seemed to reduce the frequency, but it is still happening.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 02, 2013, 07:01:40 AM »

Quote from: Videmon on September 01, 2013, 11:30:22 PM

Quote from: Razgon on August 31, 2013, 07:26:03 PM

I found a Razgon online but its not Razgon Aptaj like in the first page of this thread. Its a Razgon Aperius. If that's you let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Ah, I thought I had both up there - Anyways, Razgon Aptaj and Razgon Aperius are both me :-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 02, 2013, 08:35:59 AM »

Kotaku Article on the Launch

From an unfinished mess that no one wanted to play to a highly-polished gem that nobody can access in just under three years. Way to relaunch, Square Enix.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 02, 2013, 08:37:56 AM »

And its such a shame, because the game could be really awesome!

A new one
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 02, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »

Have been trying to play with a buddy of mine but we started in different cities (big mistake), now we can't participate in quests together since many of the lower level quests are the Main story quest. So question is at what level does the main story quest complete or do the stories from different cities converge at some point?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 02, 2013, 09:14:14 AM »

well hopefully after this,the game will be what it was set out to be

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/78445-EU-All-Worlds-Maintenance-%28Sep.-4%29?p=1152379#post1152379

[EU] All Worlds Maintenance (Sep. 4)
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the operations listed below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]
- Addition of new Worlds
- Implementation of countermeasures to handle the influx of concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder
- Address several known issues

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 4, 2013 00:00 to Sep. 4, 2013 10:00 (GMT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

That's 10 hours Maintenance this coming Wednesday Morning(Tuesday Night for Stateside)

UK is BST at the moment,so GMT+1

so i have figured it out for you all(I think)

UK Maintenance-(GMT+1)
Wednesday September 4th 1am-11am

East Coast America-(GMT-4)
Tuesday September 3rd 8pm until 6am September 4th

West Coast America-(GMT-7)
Tuesday September 3rd 5pm until 3am September 4th

Denmark Maintenance-(GMT+2)
Wednesday September 4th 2am-12pm

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 02, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »

Quote from: Abaddon on September 02, 2013, 09:10:38 AM

Have been trying to play with a buddy of mine but we started in different cities (big mistake), now we can't participate in quests together since many of the lower level quests are the Main story quest. So question is at what level does the main story quest complete or do the stories from different cities converge at some point?

at about level 15 you will come across a story quest that gives you an Airship pass,where you need to go to the other cities
(it isn't actually level based,but thats roughly the level a lot of people were when they got this quest)

depending on what city you and your friend are in,you could just run there,but then one of you would miss out on your main story quests i suppose(or need to run back to do them)

I ran to Gridania from Ul'Dah at level 5...Limsa Lominsa is cut off from the other two,as its an island(see below),its very easy,just keep running and have your finger on the sprint,whenever some of the higher mobs come after you(you'll hear a sound as well),just hit sprint,and they peel off(they sometimes peel off if you are just running normally,but sometimes they can hit you with an attack,and at such an early level it could wipe you out,so just sprint)

takes about 10 minutes

However,if you are still an early level,i would just delete my character and start again and choose the other city,it doesn't take long to level up and get back to where you were,especially if you are in the game for the long run what's an hour or two tops?

EDIT: Although some main story missions are instance missions,as in you do them alone
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:25:10 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 02, 2013, 10:15:22 AM »

someone on the FF14realm forums was complaining about Fog in the game,saying it was a cheap way to limit view distance

A few of us argued that that is what Fog is supposed to do,but the guy wanted to disable Fog...apparently he gets it a lot

what do you guys think of the fog?

I honestly can't say i get Fog that much,if in Gridania then its always Thunder and Lightning anyway Tongue

I took a screenie of the Fog yesterday(I'm on the PS3 version remember)

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 02, 2013, 10:21:48 AM »

I like to fog - its very nice!

I actually enjoy all kinds of weather in this game. The heavy rains looks and feels very nice.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 02, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 02, 2013, 10:21:48 AM

I like to fog - its very nice!

I actually enjoy all kinds of weather in this game. The heavy rains looks and feels very nice.

yeah, I love thunderstorms in game.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: