http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 44264 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: August 28, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 28, 2013, 03:26:26 PM

Man, there's a stretch around 14-15 where you have nothing but storyline quests and sitting through all those cutscenes is brutal. I like Final Fantasy and story as much as the next guy but by the end of that stretch I was like I DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO LOG IN REPEATEDLY FOR HALF AN HOUR SO THAT I COULD WATCH MOVIES!

Weird.  I'm at level 21 and the only questing lull for me has been self-inflicted.  I'm saving the Ul'Dah area quests because I'm planning to level Gladiator in order to unlock the Warrior class.  It's a lot easier to level through low-level quests than simply grinding mobs and doing leves.

Has anyone unlocked their mount yet? I've heard the quest to do so opens up at 20, but I'm not sure where to find it.  Seen a bunch of those Coeurl mounts running around...they're pretty badass.

Helpful hint:  You can't dye your gear until to complete a specific level 15 (?) quest.  It's called "Color Your World" and is found in Ul'Dah.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 28, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 28, 2013, 03:56:40 PM

Helpful hint:  You can't dye your gear until to complete a specific level 15 (?) quest.  It's called "Color Your World" and is found in Ul'Dah.

I looked that up last night.  I'm level 15 and I think I may be a few levels ahead of the main story quest, mainly because I've been clearing out the Hunting Log.  that thing gives you mad XP, and all I have left on its 2nd level is 4 level 20 antelopes, which shouldn't be a problem once I find them because I already killed the level 20 boars.

anyways, where was I?  oh yeah, haven't unlocked the airship yet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 28, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »

you unlock your mount after..
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ifrit dungeon,which is after...er the other two dungeons

you join a grand company,and then have to earn 1000 seals to purchase Chocobo Insurance,i am guessing the new mount is included in that as well
http://accomp.me/ffxiv/ffxiv-arr-grand-companies/

that was the very last thing i did(and could do actually)in Phase 3 beta

YK-Barber is coming later on(i think they said about a month after release),unsure what we can change in there though,i want to change my guy's eyes

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 03:33:28 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 11:30:51 AM

Me and Pig,resting at Lindsey Lohan town,Pig wouldn't come near the edge though
Spoiler for Hiden:
Snowy!

Oh,is it supposed to be snow?,i thought it was all sunbleached like say Greece(just google Greece and look at the pictures,i can't be bothered putting one here...oh and that fourth picture in the google search with the shipwreck on the small beach..I've been there icon_biggrin Zakynthos)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 28, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »

Thrusters go!  to the MOOOOOONNNN!!!!!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 28, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 04:58:22 PM

Oh,is it supposed to be snow?,i thought it was all sunbleached like say Greece(just google Greece and look at the pictures,i can't be bothered putting one here...oh and that fourth picture in the google search with the shipwreck on the small beach..I've been there icon_biggrin Zakynthos)

maybe it's just the quality of the pic, but that looks like snow to me.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 05:00:38 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 04:58:22 PM

maybe it's just the quality of the pic, but that looks like snow to me.

Oh,i get you now  icon_frown

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:51 PM »

icon_lol  not that the graphics are bad, if it was full size it'd probably be more obvious.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 28, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »

because i have not been spoiled with PC graphics,or maybe because i still remember FF11 graphics that i think they look great Tongue

Hey Look!!!

an actual game in my PS3 section has appeared that i have actually paid for!!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 28, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

they appear... serviceable Tongue

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 28, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »

Just a heads up I may be re-rolling my toon. I came to the conclusion I really hate my character. I hate his douchebag face, I hate his clothes. I like the Pugilist but I'm thinking I'd rather play a tank than a DPS.

If I decide to scrap him, I'll either be rolling up a Gladiator, or (more likely) continue playing my Marauder who is already level 10 or 11.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 28, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »

Cant one character be all classes? like Rift?

A new one
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 28, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 28, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

Just a heads up I may be re-rolling my toon. I came to the conclusion I really hate my character. I hate his douchebag face, I hate his clothes.

I ran into that with my beta character.  He seemed fine during character creation, but looked like inbred hillfolk once he got into the game proper.  I was a little more careful this time around.  smile

Cant one character be all classes? like Rift?

Yes.  There's really no reason for alts, unless you really don't like the way your character looks (which seems to be YK's issue).  In fact, you're doing yourself a disservice if you're rolling alts, since you can slot cross-class skills in as they are earned.

From what I understand, there will be barber shops to change hair and facial hair, and a "veteran award" token (given to anyone who plays for 30 days) that allows you to completely overhaul your toon's look.  Not sure if that includes changing race or not though.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 28, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »

Question about attribute points.  Since stats change when you change classes, I assume any points you assign provide a permanent boost regardless of which class you're playing.  Correct?

I have 10 points available that I haven't spent anywhere...I keep thinking I'll figure out the best option and it hasn't really connected with me yet.  Leaning towards assigning them to VIT, since the HP boost will benefit both my tank and healer classes.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 28, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »

I have tried three classes and hated all of them: Thaumaturge, Pugilist, Lancer.  I'm tempted to give Warrior a shot but I don't think I can put up with Grandia content another time.  Yeah, this game is not working for me.  When are they doing a third re-launch?  icon_evil
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 28, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 28, 2013, 07:17:32 PM

I have tried three classes and hated all of them: Thaumaturge, Pugilist, Lancer.  I'm tempted to give Warrior a shot but I don't think I can put up with Grandia content another time.  Yeah, this game is not working for me.  When are they doing a third re-launch?  icon_evil

Warrior is a sub-class that requires 30 levels of Marauder and 15 levels of Gladiator.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:22 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 28, 2013, 07:37:31 PM

Warrior is a sub-class that requires 30 levels of Marauder and 15 levels of Gladiator.

I meant Gladiator.  I actually rolled one last night and only later realized it also starts in Grandia.  I need to try a class that starts in the other zone because I'm sick of Grandia starting area.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »

Quote from: Gratch
I have 10 points available that I haven't spent anywhere...I keep thinking I'll figure out the best option and it hasn't really connected with me yet.  Leaning towards assigning them to VIT, since the HP boost will benefit both my tank and healer classes.

If it makes you feel any better, I've read that stats as they correspond to end-game are extremely minor in terms of actual effect. In other words, I don't think you can really gimp your character through attributes.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »

I'm assuming no, but does FFXIV offer any of the usual 'visual slots' that most MMOs have nowadays? As in 'wear one item, have the visuals of another on'?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:28 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 28, 2013, 08:05:22 PM

I meant Gladiator.  I actually rolled one last night and only later realized it also starts in Grandia.  I need to try a class that starts in the other zone because I'm sick of Grandia starting area.

Try Maurader.  Similar tank-ish play style, but starts in Limsa Lominsa instead.

Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 28, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 28, 2013, 07:17:32 PM

I have tried three classes and hated all of them: Thaumaturge, Pugilist, Lancer.  I'm tempted to give Warrior a shot but I don't think I can put up with Grandia content another time.  Yeah, this game is not working for me.  When are they doing a third re-launch?  icon_evil

I'm enjoying the game so far (when the server is OPEN to play), but primarily because of the environments and questing.  I'm finding the combat to be a bit bland compared to other games.  Even GW2 seems to have a more complex combat system with weapon switching and the like.  Coming from a game like EQ2, the combat rotations seem pretty limited.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 28, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 28, 2013, 08:45:51 PM

I'm assuming no, but does FFXIV offer any of the usual 'visual slots' that most MMOs have nowadays? As in 'wear one item, have the visuals of another on'?

I don't think so Destructor.....you can hide your hat though icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 11:18:24 PM

don't hide the hat!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »

not sure how this guy got this mount,but it looks like the Magika ..things from FF6(edit: Oh yeah Magitek Armours as i asked in chatbox)

This one is especially for ATB,i don't think she minded me stepping in front of her,facing her and then going into First Person icon_biggrin

I saw Unicorn mounts as well,but couldn't get a picture of that as i was in a party and one of my members died because i said "woah look a Unicorn Mount"..and everyone else said "Woah" and one person died..true story,he was the only one with Raise as well,LOL

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 28, 2013, 08:24:24 PM

Quote from: Gratch

If it makes you feel any better, I've read that stats as they correspond to end-game are extremely minor in terms of actual effect. In other words, I don't think you can really gimp your character through attributes.

that's good to know.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: August 29, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 11:18:24 PM

Yeesh. How behind the decade. Rift allows you to wear anything you want in any outfit (as long as you're of the item's level to put on). Plate mail on a Mage? Sure. Cloth on the Warrior? Sure. Clothing items out of the cash shop? Sure. Completely and totally naked, yet be fully armored? Sure. You can even swap out weapon looks (although that costs a bit to do).

But hey, what do I know. I mean that would've solved the horrid underwear problem everyone seems to go through at early levels (at least based on all your screenshots).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 29, 2013, 01:50:34 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 28, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

Question about attribute points.  Since stats change when you change classes, I assume any points you assign provide a permanent boost regardless of which class you're playing.  Correct?

It does NOT transfer to another class. I have a level 36 Bard and have been absolutely stacking DEX (slight addition to vit as well). While leveling my Pug (needed it at 15 to unlock Bard) you gain the same amount of attribute points as your first class and I did not see any visible boost from all the dex I had from my bard. So I think each class changes its attribute points as well as gets the same amount for you do to as you please. Good thing if you want to be a tank, dps and a mage then you don't have to spread the points evenly.
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 29, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »

Quote from: skystride on August 28, 2013, 08:05:22 PM

I meant Gladiator.  I actually rolled one last night and only later realized it also starts in Grandia.  I need to try a class that starts in the other zone because I'm sick of Grandia starting area.

You sure you chose Gladiator? The Gladiator guild is in Ul'dah not Gridania. Archer, Lancer and Conj are the only ones I remember from Gridania. Pug, Glad and Thaum are Ul'Dah.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 29, 2013, 03:20:49 AM »

If anybody friends me, use the Alastor Harbinger character. Pretty sure he'll be my main. Got a full set of red bronze armor now and he's looking halfway decent compared to my "Channing Tatum in Magic Mike" clone. Think I'm liking the Marauder a bit more anyway. The Pugilist is VERY reliant on spamming the same sequence over and over due to the stances you have to shift between, whereas the Marauder (at least so far) gives you a bit more flexibility.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 29, 2013, 05:45:12 AM »

There was a Harbinger Ai-something on the other night, and I was sure it was you so I "tell"'ed him and he kept stalking me for 2 hours... You gotta love the internet!

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 29, 2013, 11:21:52 AM »

Aha, I can show off my character?!

This be me! http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3210682/

oh, yeah - Please update my characters name to Razgon Aptaj, thanks!

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: August 29, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »

Thats the armour i am wearing for my GLA as well Raz,although i have dyed it a 'cool grey'

got my first class to 20,started CJN and having fun with that

I have so many quests everywhere still to do,when i was GLA i was just doing quests in Ul'dah and the surrounding Thanlan areas,i still have a few in the immediate areas(Camp Drybone and beyond)....but the amount of quests i have dotted around Limsa and Gridania areas..

I just have so much to do,did my first dungeon as well with GLA,that went well(*read: no one died)

so,yeah...got about half a dozen PS3 Trophies as well,yay

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 29, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »

Quote from: Videmon on August 29, 2013, 01:50:34 AM

Quote from: Gratch on August 28, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

It does NOT transfer to another class. I have a level 36 Bard and have been absolutely stacking DEX (slight addition to vit as well). While leveling my Pug (needed it at 15 to unlock Bard) you gain the same amount of attribute points as your first class and I did not see any visible boost from all the dex I had from my bard. So I think each class changes its attribute points as well as gets the same amount for you do to as you please. Good thing if you want to be a tank, dps and a mage then you don't have to spread the points evenly.

That's very helpful, thanks Videmon.  smile

Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:11 PM »

For some odd reason I chose to get the CE edition, however, I have not figured out how to get the CE items.  Anybody else get them yet?  I haven't seen an e-mail yet with any codes or anything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 29, 2013, 11:21:52 AM

oh, yeah - Please update my characters name to Razgon Aptaj, thanks!

updated.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 29, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »

last night I finished the level 15 duty after a few tries.  I thought I had to take on the enemy boss, but turns out I needed to focus on the grunts instead.  was getting annoyed; I wasn't dying but the friendly NPCs would go down and it would fail.  after finishing that there was about 45 minutes worth of me doing fed ex quests interspaced with cutscenes (Darth Vader?  Sting? da fuq?) and finally I have access to the other realms.  of course I have no clue what to do; I did the quest to get access to the ability to dye items, but the only other thing that popped up outside of the apparent realm specific quests was a grouped instance.  do I just need to go back to Gridania?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 29, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »

oh, and here's the latest look for Scarla Jayne.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 29, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »

How easy are you finding it to find a group as a dPS? I've run the first dungeon, and all the Guildmetes before lvl 20, and it did take a little while, even as a tank to get in. I can only imagine how long it will take as a dps.

Once again I can't log in- I do hope they get more capacity on the current servers, and not just open new ones. I doubt many people want to move servers by now.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 29, 2013, 08:41:10 PM

Once again I can't log in- I do hope they get more capacity on the current servers, and not just open new ones. I doubt many people want to move servers by now.

same here,been trying for last 20 minutes,keep getting the 1017 error code

EDIT: YAY,i got in the queue,i am at 48...so if i just leave it like that i should be in soon,Thank God i don't have to keep pressing X

EDIT 2: and 10 seconds later...IN thumbsup
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:58:04 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 29, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 29, 2013, 08:41:10 PM

this. 1000 times this.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »

and dammit, looks like that grouped instance is required to continue the questline.  oh well, here's hoping that the Duty Finder finally works.

good thing I checked, apparently it will sync my character down to level 17, which would have meant I wouldn't have a weapon when I got in.  that could have been embarrassing.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: